Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Next monday I think.

Not at all, I just am of the opinion that it's best that we have signings in before then so the group can be exactly that, a group.
    I've no doubt that players will be brought in after the trip, and possibly during it, and I'll welcome them too if they're the right signings, but surely you can see that there is merit in wanting the squad to be as much in place as possible before we travel on a two week long tour.

while there is merit to getting the players signed and benefits to it it doesnt always have that big of an impact. anyway if your are to believe who we are in for schneiderlin i'd assume would be done before hand but we will see. otamendi was never likely to go on the tour considering hes just finished the copa america surely he will be off the next 2-3 weeks? ramos is going to be a long negotiation especially with the de gea situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

magnumbud wrote: »
    while there is merit to getting the players signed and benefits to it it doesnt always have that big of an impact. anyway if your are to believe who we are in for schneiderlin i'd assume would be done before hand but we will see. otamendi was never likely to go on the tour considering hes just finished the copa america surely he will be off the next 2-3 weeks? ramos is going to be a long negotiation especially with the de gea situation.

Yeah, fair points about Otamendi and Ramos there alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

AS reported that Benitez doesn't rate Benzema and he wants Ronnie to spearhead his attack and an offer of €25 million could tempt Real to sell and Wenger is interested.I'd be sickened if he went to Arsenal for that kind of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zerks wrote: »
    AS reported that Benitez doesn't rate Benzema and he wants Ronnie to spearhead his attack and an offer of €25 million could tempt Real to sell and Wenger is interested.I'd be sickened if he went to Arsenal for that kind of money.

The AS reports, i think, state it is according to English media - which traces to ClubCall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So £17m for Benzema then? Why are people posting this nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

RasTa wrote: »

It's not like the guy is only 28 with 4 years left on his contract or anything ;). Easily should be going for around £27-£30million in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

We could be waiting to lock into contracts to buy euro until the Greece thing settles and the euro devalues further pushing sterling stronger and saving utd a few million

We could be waiting to lock into contracts to buy euro until the Greece thing settles and the euro devalues further pushing sterling stronger and saving utd a few million

You got to hand it to Ed, he's a clever b******!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I'd actually love that to be the reason! Totally blows away any bollox about Ed being a sh*t businessman.

But if that is true then them damn Glazers are thieves and are stealing all our monies and wont spend anything!!1!

For Adam
    94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

LeeJM wrote: »
    I'd actually love that to be the reason! Totally blows away any bollox about Ed being a sh*t businessman.
    Who calls him a sh*t businessman? In the business world he is fecking brilliant and I can't think of a single way you could argue against that.

Its in the muckier, dodgy-dealing, backstabbing, lying, bung-tastic world of football transfers he might find things a bit more trying.

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »

But if that is true then them damn Glazers are thieves and are stealing all our monies and wont spend anything!!1!

For Adam
    94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

Haha thanks for looking out for me :pac:

So is there any confirmation on Di Marias injury? Is he out until September or was that just speculation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Haha thanks for looking out for me :pac:

I remember mate, I'll make sure you're never confused again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So is there any confirmation on Di Marias injury? Is he out until September or was that just speculation?

AS said a month. Not that big a deal imo as he'd have missed a big chunk of pre season anyway after the copa america.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Who calls him a sh*t businessman? In the business world he is fecking brilliant and I can't think of a single way you could argue against that.

Its in the muckier, dodgy-dealing, backstabbing, lying, bung-tastic world of football transfers he might find things a bit more trying.

Our American overlords won't tolerate anything dodgy & I am sure that this hinders our ability to sign some players.

You got to hand it to Ed, he's a clever b******!

Ok so the euro hasn't taken a massive hit from Greece. Was expecting more, but Greece is only 2% of Europe. The ECBs reaction will have a bigger effect on the currency market.
    I don't expect any movement until that's solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Stuart Mathieson in the M.E.N reporting that Rafael has been told he can leave.

Worrying trend with so many exits and no replacements brought in yet.

Nani definitely gone. RVP and Raf following suit. The squad should be expanding, not shrinking.

RasTa wrote: »

It's not like I posted is as gospel,I said AS was the source which needs a big pinch of salt.My point was that we've seen quality players we've been linked to suddenly be unveiled at other clubs.

£17 million would be nuts but it'd be just like Wenger to get a deal like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Sky Italia saying Torino have rejected United's first bid of €15 million for Darmian,but United will push for a transfer.

At least it seems we are making bids opposed to 'preparing' them.

Wasn't their chairman quoted that they want €20m for him,if United want him just pay the extra 5m(about 3.5 m pounds).3.5m shouldn't be a deal breaker for United.

Have many of ye watched much of Darmian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

yabadabado wrote: »
    Wasn't their chairman quoted that they want €20m for him,if United want him just pay the extra 5m(about 3.5 m pounds).3.5m shouldn't be a deal breaker for United.

Have many of ye watched much of Darmian?

Never seen or paid any attention more like to him, but anybody who does watch him, that I know, rate him very high.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

A bit of fun. I think 2 of these types will be very familiar to posters in here :D
    http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-5-types-of-manchester-united-fan/7137

nicklauski wrote: »

Nani definitely gone. RVP and Raf following suit. The squad should be expanding, not shrinking.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/dutchman-wants-transfer-to-top-club-man-united-talks-started
    French newspaper Le Parisien claim on Monday that Gregory van der Wiel is looking toward a move to England after contacts started with Manchester United. It's not a new rumour, the Dutch defender has repeatedly been linked with a move to the Old Trafford club and the claims appear again every couple of weeks or so.

Van der Wiel carries the double Manchester United rumour ticks of being both Dutch and a right back, so there's an assumption that Manchester United must want him - although Le Parisien insist it's more than just that. Manchester United are described as one of the top clubs to have made contact with Van der Wiel and are the only club named by the French newspaper.

It's funny not heard Bale linked with United or any club in about a month.

nicklauski wrote: »

Nani hasn't been part of the squad since 2013/14 and Rafaels been out the door since last November so there isn't really anything shocking there. RVPs agent has said that there is no truth in the Fenerbache story though.
    If they did all suddenly leave it would actually make me very confident of signings.

It's funny not heard Bale linked with United or any club in about a month.

Cause Bale to United is a done deal, but won't be announced til August when we can unveil him to massive adidas fanfare.

The positivity train isn't enough for this one.... i'm going with...

chu-chu-rocket-sl.gif?token=fobA3vRy4QHirYp8sIKGYFzj8CQ%3D

• Advertisement

Just spotted this confirmation of Henriquez permanent move to Zagreb as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

image.png

Some ambush marketing from Adidas this morning. Utd kit in every photo. The kit may have to wait until August, but the boots don't.
    Daley Blind ‏@BlindDaley 8m8 minutes ago

New boots arrived. New rules. #ACE15 #bethedifference ����❌❌❌ https://instagram.com/p/4y6Z1cGQkC/

Juan Mata García ‏@juanmata8 4h4 hours ago

Make the difference or make way. X15 is here from @adidasUK. @adidasfootball @adidas_ES

CJOGnLEUcAAYqc0.jpg

Ander Herrera ‏@AnderHerrera 36m36 minutes ago

New boots. New rules. Show me what you've got! #X15 #bethedifference @adidasUK
    CJOy4mUUAAEG9Va.jpg

Juan not playing the same game.... showing the Nike swoosh in his pick. Ander hiding it well in his!

3 handsome men too, may I add.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Jul/manchester-united-winger-nani-seals-move-to-fenerbahce.aspx

so its confirmed Nani gone. 4.25m Brilliant signing at the price and to think Sterling is going to sell for 50m!!! Nani is a much better and more complete player than sterling is. :(

https://twitter.com/Sport_EN/status/618047607756181505

RTVE are reporting that Iker Casillas will sign for Porto.

If he goes there,then expect the DDG to Madrid stuff to ramp up even more.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20150706/casillas-jugara-oporto-segun-tve/1174160.shtml

Google translate job

The current Real Madrid goalkeeper, Iker Casillas , will play next season at FC Porto Julen Lopetqgui, after 25 years in the white team, as has been told TVE.

On June 10 announced that TVE and Casillas would leave Real Madrid this summer and now you already have confirmed destination, Porto will play in the Portuguese league and could cross with Real Madrid in the Champions League .

The white club has received a written offer of the Portuguese club to gain the services of the hitherto white captain. The idea behind the Real Madrid is to facilitate the departure of goalkeeper and compensate economically, you do not lose money by joining Porto.

The attitude of both Iker as the club is of utmost cooperation, so there should be no problems. This step is essential for David de Gea, who on Monday returned to work with Manchetser United, signed for Real Madrid.

A bit of fun. I think 2 of these types will be very familiar to posters in here :D
    http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-5-types-of-manchester-united-fan/7137

Click on the Liverpool one-it's eerily accurate.

Koeman's presser: "I had a meeting with Morgan. We will see what happens in the next few days. Numbers aren't my business, it's the club."

"If there's any business (with Morgan) I'd hope it would be soon as that would be best for the player"

Koeman's presser: "I had a meeting with Morgan. We will see what happens in the next few days. Numbers aren't my business, it's the club."

"If there's any business (with Morgan) I'd hope it would be soon as that would be best for the player"

So he has agreed personal terms. Just waiting for the clubs to sort out the business

He is off then. We just need bid little higher or already done so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

tumblr_ne48exAXMj1r2en1ko3_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He also confirmed that Schneiderlin is ill today and will go on the tour to Austria tomorrow with the team.

He's also apparently ill at the moment and not training with the group. Definitely off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ElChe32 wrote: »

That's the best train gif yet.... Choooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Click on the Liverpool one-it's eerily accurate.

The stats thing is right on the money. They do seem to have an odd penchant for trying to look at some odd variables to prove their assumptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I wonder if the suggestion that Schneiderlin prefers Wenger has something to do with what Koeman has told him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Class, is that a GTA mod?

This sarcasm has gone full circle. Our insults are evolving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

rob316 wrote: »
    Class, is that a GTA mod?
    Yep..there's some hilarious mods of games to include good auld Thomas..my favourite is the Skyrim one where he replaces the dragon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Yep..there's some hilarious mods of games to include good auld Thomas..my favourite is the Skyrim one where he replaces the dragon.

There was a Thomas and 50cent mashup a few years ago. Thomas keeps up with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

There was a Thomas and 50cent mashup a few years ago. Thomas keeps up with the times.
    Biggie Smalls spits with Thomas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Goal saying the rvp deal is being held up as he wants a €17m payoff from united the last year of his contract basically!!

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Goal saying the rvp deal is being held up as he wants a €17m payoff from united the last year of his contract basically!!

Goal, of all the sites I would listen to they are so bottom of the pile you find hell first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement