Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Another one bites the dust

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/624346543366275074

Tweet that he is translating

https://twitter.com/partidodelas12/status/624344583565131777

If this is true surely we won't be selling Di Maria if we haven't got a replacement for him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

might go nuts on bids, but I don't think the respective clubs have any interest in selling those players and I don't think United have the pull or power to force a move through. Not sure what superstar or potential superstar players would be available that we could go for and get. Pogba is probably the only one I eckon we have a real shot at, and even then we'd be in competition with the top clubs in football, throwing all kinds of cash at him.

Who are the 22-24 year old superstars in the making, that could be signed? I can't think of any of the top of my head (bar Pogba, as stated).

Felipe Anderson, Griezmann, Schurrle and De Bruyne are a few more that would be getable and with good potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Here ya go

MidfieldDesktop

Cheers mate im gonna have a go of that tomorrow it looks lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Di Maria out and Pedro + De Bruyne in

45 million for Di Maria and probably 50-55 million for the other two. That I can easily live with

Someone on Reddit posted up a pic of the new Jersey, it was put on display in Dicks sporting goods by mistake.

Jersey, huge image

Edit: the price on it was $90, about 80 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Someone on Reddit posted up a pic of the new Jersey, it was put on display in Dicks sporting goods by mistake.

Jersey, huge image

Very average and bland design there from Adidas if that is it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Jersey, huge image

Is that the price of shirts these days? Haven't bought one in about 20 years

Di Maria out and Pedro + De Bruyne in

45 million for Di Maria and probably 50-55 million for the other two. That I can easily live with

Talks of de bruyne costing city near 50 million alone mate id be inclined to believe ce that price too.

Tugboats wrote: »
    Is that the price of shirts these days? Haven't bought one in about 20 years

You could just wait until United Direct breaks and you can get them for 20 odd like last season.. I think 20 or so of us picked up at least 1 jersey each that time :D

You could just wait until United Direct breaks and you can get them for 20 odd like last season.. I think 20 or so of us picked up at least 1 jersey each that time :D

The club were giving away free shirts for the San Jose game to try and fill the stadium. Obviously it was the Nike one

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Talks of de bruyne costing city near 50 million alone mate id be inclined to believe ce that price too.

Mourinho slated him. It sounds like LVG wouldn't be fan of his attitude. We'd be swapping one set of problems for another

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Barca President says there has been no bid from UTD for Pedro and Woodward is set to return to the UTD tour.

It could be a while before we see some more transfer activity.

Mourinho slated him. It sounds like LVG wouldn't be fan of his attitude. We'd be swapping one set of problems for another

Dont know about that he cant be all that bad he ripping up the bundesleague all season seems well liked too, mourinho slated alot of players in the past.

Barca President says there has been no bid from UTD for Pedro and Woodward is set to return to the UTD tour.

It could be a while before we see some more transfer activity.

1st of august haha

Dont know about that he cant be all that bad he ripping up the bundesleague all season seems well liked too, mourinho slated alot of players in the past.

Mourinho didn't question his talent. He said he doesnt like competition for places, sulks on the bench and is a poor trainer. If 1% of that is true it wouldn't work out with LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Here ya go

MidfieldDesktop

Good stuff, fair play to you. Always like seeing people sharing that stuff. One tip, when you're cutting the pics of players try using the lasso tool around the player and cut it that way, comes out cleaner. Google lasso tool for a tutorial.

Does anyone remember when I made a rake of sigs for people, and everybody decided they wanted to learn photoshop, and for a while the thread turned into a photoshop tutorial forum?

That was mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I can't see city paying 50 million for him, 100 million on two attackers when their main problem has been Kompany and Toure being off the boil/injured and their understudies being really lacklustre too

Wolfsburg paid 18 million for him 12 months ago, and double that would still be a German transfer record

City are mad though so who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Slightly on topic?off topic maths type question

I want to look at some players goals scored % as a contribution to total team goals.

So player x scores 20 goals team scores 100 its 20%

But it doesnt account for games played

So if player x plays 18 games scores 10 and team scores 100 goals over 38 games, is it fair just to multiply it by 2 to get his % of contributed goals

I know I could go through each season and minus goals on games not played but it would take a long time, just for some random interest information

Slightly on topic?off topic maths type question

I want to look at some players goals scored % as a contribution to total team goals.

So player x scores 20 goals team scores 100 its 20%

But it doesnt account for games played

So if player x plays 18 games scores 10 and team scores 100 goals over 38 games, is it fair just to multiply it by 2 to get his % of contributed goals

I know I could go through each season and minus goals on games not played but it would take a long time, just for some random interest information

If the team scores 100 goals and player A scores 10 of them then he's scored 10% of the goals, no matter how many games he played.

If you multiply by 2 like you were suggesting you'll end with with a situation where if you do this for every player, then add up all the values for the whole team, you're not going to get a total of 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Is there a deadline to register players for the CL qualifiers??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is there a deadline to register players for the CL qualifiers??

If football manager is right, it's the same as deadline day for transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Anyone know if its still easy to buy tickets on the morning of games at the ticket office? I got rid of my season tickets years ago but fancy a game this year. It was never a problem back then.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Good stuff, fair play to you. Always like seeing people sharing that stuff. One tip, when you're cutting the pics of players try using the lasso tool around the player and cut it that way, comes out cleaner. Google lasso tool for a tutorial.

Does anyone remember when I made a rake of sigs for people, and everybody decided they wanted to learn photoshop, and for a while the thread turned into a photoshop tutorial forum?

That was mad.

Ah it was only a quick job.. I wasn't really paying great attention to detail. I presume you mean Schneiderlins hand haha.. I'm actually highly trained to use photoshop, I work with it every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

So we're signing Ronaldo. Don't think we need him, Rooney is way better :)

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    So we're signing Ronaldo. Don't think we need him, Rooney is way better ðŸ˜

272.gif

beno619 wrote: »
    So we're signing Ronaldo. Don't think we need him, Rooney is way better ðŸ˜

hes coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Lads am I the only only who would be reluctant to pay mega money for Ronaldo, a class player but he's now 30!

60-70 million yes but anything more would be ridiculous IMO.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Lads am I the only only who would be reluctant to pay mega money for Ronaldo, a class player but he's now 30!

Tbf Ronaldo is in a different world with the way he looks after himself. You could easily get another 5/6 years outta him before he starts to wain.

I have decided to believe we are signing Ronaldo this summer :pac:

Ronaldo at 30 is like most players at 27. He is coming off the back of a marvellous season and will still be top level for a while yet. Even if he takes a step down in quality, he will still be several steps above everyone else in the PL. he will easily be like Giggs and playing at a top level for years to come.

Would throw whatever it takes to get him.

• Advertisement

Its not our money. Do the club give you a share of the money they save or dont spend on transfers?. The owners have taken millions out of the club its time they let us spend some of our own money. We spent 60million on a guy that puts crosses into carpacks every week. We spent millions renting a dud from Monaco. We give average players obscene wages and dont expect anything from them. Its time to raise our standards. If we can get Ronaldo for 130m euros or whatever it is just pay it. If he wants 400k per week just pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,379 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ronaldo would be the perfect signing, imo. A massive goal threat that can play from the wide position (with Rooney central) and through the centre if Rooney is unavailable, the exact role I would have us looking at.

Similar to my concern regarding centre back and the Ramos/Otamendi situation though, I would wonder if we would put any move for Pedro (or similar) on hold while trying to see what may happen with Ronaldo, and end up getting no one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ronaldo at 30 is like most players at 27.

I get that he is an awesome specimen physically and has always looked after himself, but on the other hand he has also been playing injured for quite a while now. Some form of tendonitis? Thats bound to catch up with him sooner rather than later.

Add in the fact that he plays a high tempo game and has been pushing himself hard for a long time now, and I'm not as convinced as others that he will be doing a Giggs and playing into his late 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Its all based on a couple of things that were said at a Real Madrid training session, I wouldnt read too much into it. Perez wont sell him so the only option would be for Ronaldo to put in a transfer request.
    They took a huge retrograde step bringing Rafa Benitez in. He wont see the season out there.

kstand wrote: »
    Its all based on a couple of things that were said at a Real Madrid training session, I wouldnt read too much into it. Perez wont sell him so the only option would be for Ronaldo to put in a transfer request.
    They took a huge retrograde step bringing Rafa Benitez in. He wont see the season out there.

Imagine playing for Fergie, Mourinho and Ancelotti and then Rafa appears:D. Its like what happened to RVP. Wenger, Fergie and then Moyes:(

I get that he is an awesome specimen physically and has always looked after himself, but on the other hand he has also been playing injured for quite a while now. Some form of tendonitis? Thats bound to catch up with him sooner rather than later.

Add in the fact that he plays a high tempo game and has been pushing himself hard for a long time now, and I'm not as convinced as others that he will be doing a Giggs and playing into his late 30's.

Don't know much about the injury. Remember it was mentioned at last years world cup, but it didn't seem to stop him last season :pac:

Meanwhile, perhaps LVG's lower tempo game might suit him then. He'd be able to hit the higher tempo when nessecary but it wouldn't be 90 minutes of it every game. A move to United might help his career go longer. :P

https://twitter.com/marca/status/624347951670919169/photo/1

Marca's front page saying United want Ramos to publically declare he wants the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Sell Di Maria, don't buy Pedro, add another 20 million or so and get Ronaldo... a great idea.

But just like Bayern can't sell Muller, Madrid really can't sell Ronaldo. There'd be a mob of Madrilenos with pitchforks after Perez and Benitez if they let him go.

"Suddenly a gigantic cone of light pierces the dusk of day and etches an eerie symbol against a black cloud.

The symbol of Positivity, the symbol of FUTUREGUY."

9tHmpgk.jpg

Its the hope that kills you:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Ronaldo, memphis and our new midfield of steel vs chelseas bus would be a great match!

We took it to them last season imagine with all the new quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Its not our money. Do the club give you a share of the money they save or dont spend on transfers?. The owners have taken millions out of the club its time they let us spend some of our own money. We spent 60million on a guy that puts crosses into carpacks every week. We spent millions renting a dud from Monaco. We give average players obscene wages and dont expect anything from them. Its time to raise our standards. If we can get Ronaldo for 130m euros or whatever it is just pay it. If he wants 400k per week just pay it.

Because the club is a business.
    And while supporting a business in the first instance is a rather strange standpoint (when you think about it) the last thing you want to see happen to the business you support is to see it go under/fail.

What happens if they do pay 130 million for ronaldo and he get 400k a week. What do you think the knock on effects will be? Do you think other players in the squad will want increased wages, do you think further transfer fees will be inflated?
    What happens if it doesn't work out (unlikely granted)?
    It's very easy saying "Sure its not your money, why do you care how much of it is spent" but ultimately it is in the fans interest that there is some level of corporate responsibility attached to spending large sums of money on assets that could have a major effect on the pay structure of the club and ultimately could get a broken leg ruling them out for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

you're drunk go home :P

nah i mean its a risk but while he may start losing his pace he stil has his power, ability, presence in the air and shooting. could see him being a out and out striker in the next while rather than on the wing to conserve his energy for what he does best sticking the ball in the back of the net. that being said he's also as fit as most 20yo players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

"Suddenly a gigantic cone of light pierces the dusk of day and etches an eerie symbol against a black cloud.

9tHmpgk.jpg

Lads can we ditch this futureguy stuff and stay on topic please

kippy wrote: »
    Because the club is a business.
    And while supporting a business in the first instance is a rather strange standpoint (when you think about it) the last thing you want to see happen to the business you support is to see it go under/fail.

What happens if they do pay 130 million for ronaldo and he get 400k a week. What do you think the knock on effects will be? Do you think other players in the squad will want increased wages, do you think further transfer fees will be inflated?
    What happens if it doesn't work out (unlikely granted)?
    It's very easy saying "Sure its not your money, why do you care how much of it is spent" but ultimately it is in the fans interest that there is some level of corporate responsibility attached to spending large sums of money on assets that could have a major effect on the pay structure of the club and ultimately could get a broken leg ruling them out for the season.

Selling Di Maria for 50m and putting another 50m toward Ronaldo isnt high risk or corporate irresponsibility:confused: Unless you think we shouldnt buy players in case they break their legs. Players like Ronaldo mean trophies, an increase in commercial revenues and so on. Do you think wages stay stagnant? They rise accept it. We currently dont have any elite players in our squad. If they rise to the challenge and up their game with the arrival of Ronaldo Im sure contracts and bonuses will follow as the trophies do. If you care about the financial safety of the club direct your concerns to a family in Florida who have financially raped the club for 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

As much as I would love to see us sign Ronaldo, I'm fairly certain we won't see it happen, not this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Ronaldo is only 10 goals behind Rauls goalscoring record for Real, such is his ego there is no way he wont want to break that.

Of course he may well do that by end of August :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

9tHmpgk.jpg

Quit licking his hole

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Quit licking his hole

index.php?src=http%3A%2F%2F25.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_m2u6vevAgv1r728kvo1_500.png&size=400x1000

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    Lads can we ditch this futureguy stuff and stay on topic please
    Quit licking his hole

Jaysus who pissed in yer cornflakes this morning.. lighten the fcuk up..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement