Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

s8n wrote: »
    Lads can we ditch this futureguy stuff and stay on topic please

Unless your a mod don't be issuing warnings like that...

FutureGuy is a god round these parts, get use to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Adamocovic wrote: »
    As much as I would love to see us sign Ronaldo, I'm fairly certain we won't see it happen, not this year anyway.

You hope is doesnt because you will lose our bet:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

the Ronaldo that left us and the Ronaldo of today are 2 completely different players. last season Ronaldo was more of a finisher, he played higher up the field and wasn't involved much in the build up play, he uses less energy than he did when with us. He has adjusted his game brilliantly. he is the ultimate player and if we signed him we would become instant favourites to win the league. Would be such a buzz around the place if he were to sign as well..

old Trafford in full "viva Ronaldo" mode.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Tugboats wrote: »
    You hope is doesnt because you will lose our bet:D

haha I wouldn't mind losing it if we got Ronaldo back! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

FUTUREGUY IS LOVE
    FUTUREGUY IS LIFE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'm surprised with the ADM to Paris talk, that the papers haven't been linking any of their CB's in the deal.
    They usually don't need any encouragement to link players to United.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    FUTUREGUY IS LOVE
    FUTUREGUY IS LIFE

He's the poster we need, not the poster we deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

paulbok wrote: »
    I'm surprised with the ADM to Paris talk, that the papers haven't been linking any of their CB's in the deal.
    They usually don't need any encouragement to link players to United.

I think its more to the fact that the leaks seem to be coming from the PSG side and I'm sure they don't want to lose any of their CB's, Van der Weil had been linked in it before but that died down when we signed Darmian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Selling Di Maria for 50m and putting another 50m toward Ronaldo isnt high risk or corporate irresponsibility:confused: Unless you think we shouldnt buy players in case they break their legs. Players like Ronaldo mean trophies, an increase in commercial revenues and so on. Do you think wages stay stagnant? They rise accept it. We currently dont have any elite players in our squad. If they rise to the challenge and up their game with the arrival of Ronaldo Im sure contracts and bonuses will follow as the trophies do. If you care about the financial safety of the club direct your concerns to a family in Florida who have financially raped the club for 10 years

Paying a player 400K a week is going to have major knock on effects in a squad. Spending 100 Million no matter where it comes from is going to effect other areas of the club.
    If you think the lads in florida have "financialy raped" the club for 10 years you need to gain an understanding of what the term means.

astradave wrote: »
    I think its more to the fact that the leaks seem to be coming from the PSG side and I'm sure they don't want to lose any of their CB's, Van der Weil had been linked in it before but that died down when we signed Darmian.

Marquinhos anyone
    Apart from Bang, he wants Luiz ;)

• Advertisement

The amount of times we have been linked with Ronaldo return and most quickly dismiss it as papers running low on stories, this is one of the few times where I'm seeing quite a few posters thinking there is somewhat of a possibility of it happening..
    please don't suck me into that positivity field, I can't take having my heart broke again :(

kippy wrote: »
    Paying a player 400K a week is going to have major knock on effects in a squad. Spending 100 Million no matter where it comes from is going to effect other areas of the club.
    If you think the lads in florida have "financialy raped" the club for 10 years you need to gain an understanding of what the term means.

His wages would be through the roof but you've three guys in RvP, Falcao and ADM who were all earning 200k+ and are now off the books, along with Nani and Evans.

There is scope there to pay his wages.

Will just say this is all hypothetical, I don't see for one single second Utd signing Ronaldo this summer.

The amount of times we have been linked with Ronaldo return and most quickly dismiss it as papers running low on stories, this is one of the few times where I'm seeing quite a few posters thinking there is somewhat of a possibility of it happening..
    please don't suck me into that positivity field, I can't take having my heart broke again :(

What is it Ronnie usually says when asked on a possible United return?

"You never know...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Can't Ronaldo coming back at all he's so close to being top goal scorer in Madrid history. I think he'll really want that and would think if he's going to leave it'll be next season

His wages would be through the roof but you've three guys in RvP, Falcao and ADM who were all earning 200k+ and are now off the books, along with Nani and Evans.

Will just say this is all hypothetical, I don't see for one single second Utd signing Ronaldo this summer.

Hes still here:(

Hes still here:(

Is he not going to Everton or did that fall through?

paulbok wrote: »
    What is it Ronnie usually says when asked on a possible United return?

"You never know...."

Such a tease

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

sky88 wrote: »
    Can't Ronaldo coming my back at all he's so close to being top goal scorer in Madrid history. I think he'll really want that and would think if he's going to leave it'll be next season

ronaldo is doing what to your back :eek:

Everton denied interest. I was hoping they would complete the holy trinity Gibson-Cleverly-Evans

The papers said around 10 days ago he was set to sign for them for around 8mil, then I might be wrong but I haven't seen anything about it, possibility of them waiting to see what happens with Stones? Just guessing.

EDIT: seemed they denied interest, too good to be true :P

• Advertisement

I believe Pedro might sign. That's it.

Where's Future Guy

And you don't think the fact that one player will be earning 400K a year will have any knock on effect to the wages of other players (Rooney et al)

And also, I don't see it happening either. I was just responding to the belief that the clubs should spend whatever money is necessary to secure the services of a player as ultimately the money is not the "fans" money and that the owners have financially raped the club for years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Journalists are like...

homer-jump-shark.jpg

Seriously though, that would be incredible...

Calling FutureGuy

9tHmpgk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

And you don't think the fact that one player will be earning 400K a year will have any knock on effect to the wages of other players (Rooney et al)

And also, I don't see it happening either. I was just responding to the belief that the clubs should spend whatever money is necessary to secure the services of a player as ultimately the money is not the "fans" money and that the owners have financially raped the club for years.

I would guess it would have an effect on Rooney (Might have a match top earner clause or similar) but if the Rooney/Falcao/RVP contracts didn't effect the more 'normal' players at the club why would a big contract for Ronaldo make that difference?

Also, I would imagine Ronaldo would get similar to what Rooney and the other top earners got/get (maybe a little more) with a large injection from sponsorship activities to bulk up the wages more, but outside of the actual wage structure (as Rooney gets too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    Calling FutureGuy

9tHmpgk.jpg

The modern hipsters dont like futureguy talk around here.

FUTUREGUY where are u.

I would guess it would have an effect on Rooney (Might have a match top earner clause or similar) but if the Rooney/Falcao/RVP contracts didn't effect the more 'normal' players at the club why would a big contract for Ronaldo make that difference?

Also, I would imagine Ronaldo would get similar to what Rooney and the other top earners got/get (maybe a little more) with a large injection from sponsorship activities to bulk up the wages more, but outside of the actual wage structure (as Rooney gets too)
    I'd imagine any and every player at the club would be pushing for more money as a result of a single player getting 400K a week in wages and the top players at the club (who knows who they are now) would probably want to match that.
    400K a week is a significant jump from what united have been paying.
    I just don't believe that the attitude of Spend the money, its not the fans, is healthy for fans or clubs. All one can hope is the people running these businesses are more afay with what is involved than the fans.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    The modern hipsters dont like futureguy talk around here.

FUTUREGUY where are u.

Hipsters can FRO......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Manchester United will rake in £750m from the new adidas deal... so here, Sportmail looks at what went on behind the scenes as their 13-year relationship with Nike ended
    Last year, United made £37.5m from merchandise.
    In the first year of the new deal they will rake in £75m from adidas.
    Then comes the money from the other licensed products – the coffee mug and pyjama cash.
    Yes, United will now have to absorb manufacturing costs, but the 100 per cent profit will boost the coffers substantially.
    In the last quarterly statement to the New York Stock Exchange, Woodward said as much.
    ‘On the commercial side we are excited by the numerous opportunities for further growth, including the first year of our 10-year partnership with adidas,’ he explained.
    The agreement is being used in the prospectus aimed at attracting new stock market investors

It is difficult to put a figure on how much revenue the new terms will generate but consider this – more than five million Manchester United branded items were sold last year and of those just two million were jerseys.
    Add the increased merchandising revenues to the new TV deal and to the expected £50m boost from Champions League football (should they win the qualifying play-off) and it is little wonder why there is a buoyancy among senior figures at the club.
    It is also little wonder why many believe very few players in world football are now out of United’s reach.
    Watch this space

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3171849/Manchester-United-rake-750m-new-adidas-deal-Sportmail-looks-went-scenes-13-year-relationship-Nike-ended.html#ixzz3gnaFjXX8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ibrahimovic

this is interesting, a few months back i posted this on another Untied forum -
    im involved with a soccer club in Dublin and one of the coaches has a very talented older son playing for one of the bigger schoolboy clubs (he is a keeper). one of the lower table premier league sides is trying to get the young lad over to them, but the father is unsure. they invited them over to the end of season awards for the senior team last week and they had met all the players, club officals etc and this team has an ex United player involved. anyway, he was showing the rest of us the photos at a game yesterday and telling us about the night and i asked him was anything said about potential signings and the only thing that was said to him was that we had an interest in Zlatan and while there was no guarantee it would happen, it was something that was on Uniteds radar.

it was generally scoffed at, so i didnt bother posting it here.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Manchester United will rake in £750m from the new adidas deal... so here, Sportmail looks at what went on behind the scenes as their 13-year relationship with Nike ended

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3171849/Manchester-United-rake-750m-new-adidas-deal-Sportmail-looks-went-scenes-13-year-relationship-Nike-ended.html#ixzz3gnaFjXX8

Sounds like a lot of money.
    Uniteds' wage bill alone last season was 215 million.

Do you have any idea how football works? We're you concerned when records and wage structures were broken for Keane and Rio? How did that work out? Football doesn't stand still I suggest you don't either. We've paid millions and millions in transfers and wages for players and kept them for years in the hope they would come good. The like of Nani and Anderson never did. We're doing the same with Jones and co. We gave Rooney a huge contract when he didn't deserve one. Instead of wasting hundreds of millions on things like this we should act like a big club and not pretend to be one. If we dont others will and we will be looking at decades of mediocrity like Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

brinty wrote: »
    Unless your a mod don't be issuing warnings like that...

FutureGuy is a god round these parts, get use to it

Unless you are a mod dont be issuing warnings please

• Advertisement

this is interesting, a few months back i posted this on another Untied forum -

it was generally scoffed at, so i didnt bother posting it here.

Manchester United will always be interested in the best players in the world so its nothing to be scoffed at in fairness

Do you have any idea how football works? We're you concerned when records and wage structures were broken for Keane and Rio? How did that work out? Football doesn't stand still I suggest you don't either. We've paid millions and millions in transfers and wages for players and kept them for years in the hope they would come good. The like of Nani and Anderson never did. We're doing the same with Jones and co. We gave Rooney a huge contract when he didn't deserve one. Instead of wasting hundreds of millions on things like this we should act like a big club and not pretend to be one. If we dont others will and we will be looking at decades of mediocrity like Liverpool

I do. Those tranfers (even at the time) were nowhere near the order of magnitude you are talking about for breaking the transfer and wage structures.
    And again, the money has to come from somewhere.
    United are a "big club" - you don't need to spend 100 million on a single player and the guts of a half a million a week to prove this.

I'm not warning
    Just informing you that FutureGuy is a god amongst us...
    If you think that's a warning well.....
    There is no hope....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We are not Signing Rona...

Oh ok sorry.

:(

Could this be the end of FutureGuy?

Find our next week, saaaame Guy time, saaaame Guy channel.

bangkok wrote: »
    Manchester United will always be interested in the best players in the world so its nothing to be scoffed at in fairness

While zlatan is good abd he is a joy to watch but is he really worth the baggage and would he really improve the team that much. He is good but he is 33 and so slow. Plus he is a total sulk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a mod, both of you can kindly stop.

s8n, please don't tell people to "stay on topic"; its not your job to backseat mod like that, and if you have a problem, please report it to the mods.

brinty, don't backseat mod in a bid to tell people not to backseat mod.

:)

(As always, if either of ye have a problem with that, PM me, don't discuss publically, etc).

jayo26 wrote: »
    While zlatan is good abd he is a joy to watch but is he really worth the baggage and would he really improve the team that much. He is good but he is 33 and so slow. Plus he is a total sulk.

yea I agree, probably not interested in him now but a few years ago I presume they would have looked at him.

Would love United to break the bank for Ronaldo. Would be unreal.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Oh ok sorry.

Next week will end up signing some random lad called Rona now! We we're so close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Zlatan?

200_s.gif

Next week will end up signing some random lad called Rona now! We we're so close!

We're signing Ronda Rousey....
    Wow....
    I can plan a whole new set of formations with her
    Poor Rachel Reilly, she's being benched ;)

I do. Those tranfers (even at the time) were nowhere near the order of magnitude you are talking about for breaking the transfer and wage structures.
    And again, the money has to come from somewhere.
    United are a "big club" - you don't need to spend 100 million on a single player and the guts of a half a million a week to prove this.

We probably have different definitions of what a big club is. Big clubs compete for the best players, domestic and European titles. We cant even compete for the PL at the moment because of our mentality. A big club has nothing to do with attendances ,sponsorship deals or record books. Football isn't a crowd gathering ,accountancy or history competition.

We probably have different definitions of what a big club is. Big clubs compete for the best players, domestic and European titles. We cant even compete for the PL at the moment because of our mentality. A big club has nothing to do with attendances ,sponsorship deals or record books. Football isn't a crowd gathering ,accountancy or history competition.

broken-record-psd-448821.png

FutureGuy wrote: »

Oh ok sorry.

https://instagram.com/p/5bmhU7tg8h/

Football today is as much of an accountancy operation as anything else or indeed a balancing act between winning trophies here and there, increasing revenue and spending wisely.

bangkok wrote: »
    yea I agree, probably not interested in him now but a few years ago I presume they would have looked at him.

Would love United to break the bank for Ronaldo. Would be unreal.

It would be most fans number one fantasy you can call us deluded but we cant help who we fall in love with.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement