Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

jayo26 wrote: »
    While zlatan is good abd he is a joy to watch but is he really worth the baggage and would he really improve the team that much. He is good but he is 33 and so slow. Plus he is a total sulk.

What baggage do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He loves his clothes

Baggage_7_standard.jpg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He has had issues with lvg in past do we need that tension even if they think they can work together.

He has had issues with lvg in past do we need that tension even if they think they can work together.

Ok, wasn't aware of that.

Ok, wasn't aware of that.

Yehh it was pretty public too from there ajax time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Zlatan scores more goals than all of our current strikers. An instant upgrade on what we have so hopefully we get him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Tugboats wrote: »
    Zlatan scores more goals than all of our current strikers. An instant upgrade on what we have so hopefully we get him

Worth the price for the ponytail alone, we need more hairstyle variation on the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Here is a link to a spnippet of an interview Zlatan did, its dated yesterday but not sure when its from.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/07/23/zlatan-ibrahimovic-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united

2 interesting points

Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic says that his relationship with Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is "not good."

“At the end, I think he is professional and I am professional. Whoever I work with, I never had this kind of problems, because at the end I need to do my job, he needs to do his job,” Ibrahimovic said. “And I think a lot of fights would happen, but that's something I like.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Zlatan will be 34 in October. I just don't see the sense in United looking to sign him unless he is an utter fall back option for the club.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Worth the price for the ponytail alone, we need more hairstyle variation on the team

Noway we already have blind no1 beats blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Watching Real vs City on SS1, Ronny looks teary eyed walking out to the pitch. #RonnyON

Here is a link to a spnippet of an interview Zlatan did, its dated yesterday but not sure when its from.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/07/23/zlatan-ibrahimovic-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united

2 interesting points

Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic says that his relationship with Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is "not good."

“At the end, I think he is professional and I am professional. Whoever I work with, I never had this kind of problems, because at the end I need to do my job, he needs to do his job,” Ibrahimovic said. “And I think a lot of fights would happen, but that's something I like.”

There's a video of it about, it looks like he was interviewed on US TV. I was fairly surprised by his answers, makes it sound like he's open to it.

Zlatan will be 34 in October. I just don't see the sense in United looking to sign him unless he is an utter fall back option for the club.

I couldnt see the value in it at all he would be like a virus in the team a total pre_madona but thats just my opinion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Watching Real vs City on SS1, Ronny looks teary eyed walking out to the pitch. #RonnyON

hmmmmmmm

I like it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't believe there's anything in the stories.

If there was, my guess is that (with age in mind), he'd be seen as a short term solution to our second striker issue, probably only given a 1 or 2 year contract. The idea might be that he can compete with Rooney for the top spot, since there's, as you've said yourself, a distinct lack of good enough strikers available at the moment from a long term POV. His name would sell a lot of shirts, and he'd plug the hole left by RVP and Falcao's departures. Would give Wilson another year to develop, while letting us wait and blow cash on a younger striker next season.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »

how much would he cost? I presume it would be part of the Di Maria deal? He has the confidence and arrogance to do very at Old Trafford. Didnt he once tell Wenger he doesn't do trials?:D He wouldn't be long telling LVG hes not here to play second fiddle to our mutual friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Hope we sign Zlatan for the sheer banter. Not the ideal signing but feck it - the man is quality. Would be great to see him in the PL for a year/2 never mind playing for United. Hope it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Would they ever got and **** of..

Absolute bollox

Right?

RIGHT??!?!?!?!?!?

Thoughts of Ronaldo, Depay, and Zlatan

Tan05vK.png

Being fed by Herrera and Schweinsteiger

sheldon-breathing-into-bag-gif.gif

Why dont we sign Dzecko from city, im sure there trying to get rid of him.

Also sterling playing through the middle for city, lol. and hes diving for pens

Keylor Nava just knocked the **** out of Yaya

• Advertisement

There's a video of it about, it looks like he was interviewed on US TV. I was fairly surprised by his answers, makes it sound like he's open to it.

Ya certainly even in that snippet he didnt seem oppossed, I guess having played every where else he wouldnt mind a craic at England.

He looked sharp enough in the friendly via Fiorenrtina the other day, good movement, touches and scored a goal.

Just couldnt see LVG signing him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Why dont we sign Dzecko from city, im sure there trying to get rid of him.

Why??? Would rather play Wilson & Hernandez.

Also from what I understand, we still havn't reached a deal with Fen over Van Persie.

That is one of the most mental transfers of all time in my book. All that fanfare and goodbyes and ****, and the clubs still havn't agreed a fee or sanctioned the move.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The quotes from Ibra doing the rounds...

(On LVG)“No, that's not good,” Ibrahimovic said. “He was a director in Ajax, and the way he is working is not the way I work.”

Ibrahimovic said that he could foresee problems with van Gaal if he were to play under the Dutchman at Manchester United, but he declined to say that it would prevent him from playing at Old Trafford.

SOSwu3M.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Signing a 34 year old diva just to show look we spend money wouldnt be very good. I thought Abu Dhabi or MLS was the retirement home for players these days.

Hes talented and entertaining but could be perhaps too much of a whiny bitch if things dont go his way and start causing disharmony and be a hindrance that could be hard to get rid off.

It'd be a very risky all or nothing move could be great deal or could be another Falcao money pit contributing nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ive said it before in the last few days but I honestly believe if Di Maria is sld he will be replaced with Ronaldo.

Its now or never this summer and the stars could be aligning perfectly for him to return.

Smegball wrote: »
    Why??? Would rather play Wilson & Hernandez.

I think he is a good goal scorer who also adds abit of an areal threat. Always scores against us

The timing of this is perfect. Barcelona will embarrass us on Saturday. Our commercial partners will start questioning Ed as to why they are paying huge sums of money to sponsor a club dwarfed by Barcelona. Ed will pick up Pedro after the game. In chicago we'll do the deal with PSG for Di Maria and Zlatan
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also from what I understand, we still havn't reached a deal with Fen over Van Persie.

That is one of the most mental transfers of all time in my book. All that fanfare and goodbyes and ****, and the clubs still havn't agreed a fee or sanctioned the move.

I was thinking be hilarious if United just decide your not paying enough and cancel the deal. That'd be so awkward for Fener

adox wrote: »
    Ive said it before in the last few days but I honestly believe if Di Maria is sld he will be replaced with Ronaldo.

Its now or never this summer and the stars could be aligning perfectly for him to return.

That was said last summer and summer before too. The stars will always be aligned for him to return.

• Advertisement

Delph off injured already. Come on madrid another few kicks landed. Be nice.

Edit: wow benzema i want u in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

While I think the Ronaldo Transfer is bull...........if there is and molecule of truth or fact to it why the fluck would we sell Di maria given how fantastic they were together at Real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I was thinking be hilarious if United just decide your not paying enough and cancel the deal. That'd be so awkward for Fener

Why was he allowed to go out there and parade in front of the fans? How the fück did it get that far?

racso1975 wrote: »
    While I think the Ronaldo Transfer is bull...........if there is and molecule of truth or fact to it why the fluck would we sell Di maria given how fantastic they were together at Real

If we sign a world class player the Di Maria money will be used to help fund it. if Di Maria stays I dont think we will sign a world class player:(

Ronny scores :) ............Dosnt reveal Man Utd jersey :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Barcelona will embarrass us on Saturday. Our commercial partners will start questioning Ed as to why they are paying huge sums of money to sponsor a club dwarfed by Barcelona. Ed will pick up Pedro after the game. In chicago we'll do the deal with PSG for Di Maria and Zlatan
    :cool:

Barcelona are warming up just like us, why so sure they'll embarrass us?
    Why will the sponsors give a **** about a preseason game?
    Why would buying Barcelona's fourth-choice striker impress them?

Wouldnt be too worried about city this year if pre season is anything to go by, a howler by harte let in ronaldo shot.

Wouldnt be too worried about city this year if pre season is anything to go by, a howler by harte let in ronaldo shot.

in fairness they are playing 2 young center backs and playing a full strenght real team.

in fairness they are playing 2 young center backs and playing a full strenght real team.

Yehhcthats true mate but harte is still prone to a clanger and city in the penalty box looks messy. Im just been positive from a united point of view haha.

Ramos making sterling look like an average player which he is.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, who are the CBs and Fbs for City?

Trilla wrote: »

Cant even remember the cbs names but two youngsters.

I would base anything much on preseason but I'd agree with your sentiment, still unsure about Pelligrini and they have one lazy team especially when Toure plays in that midfield 2.

Can see them being involved in many high scoring games though

Watched the City Roma game and the 'experts' were confident this is the season that the youngsters from Citys elite academy breakthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Trilla wrote: »

https://twitter.com/IntChampionsCup/status/624507917140520960/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Watched the City Roma game and the 'experts' were confident this is the season that the youngsters from Citys elite academy breakthrough

just like the chelsea fa youth cup winning team of the last 5 years :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I wouldn't be worried about anyone's pre-season. I seem to remember us playing like Barcelona on ours a few years ago, only to implode and hand City the title 10 months later.

Yehhcthats true mate but harte is still prone to a clanger and city in the penalty box looks messy. Im just been positive from a united point of view haha.

Ramos making sterling look like an average player which he is.

Hart is shocking, i remember having arguments with friends about De Gea being better than hart and they were having none of it.

Sterling is going down so easy its getting laughable.

I would base anything much on preseason but I'd agree with your sentiment, still unsure about Pelligrini and they have one lazy team especially when Toure plays in that midfield 2.

Can see them being involved in many high scoring games though

Are you watchibg the game? It will probably slap me in the face but sterling looks like a kid he has no strenght at all just bouncing off ramos and pepe. If you stood him beside depay it would look like man and a boy.

They're in trouble if a first choice cb or Aguero gets injured. Regardless of who we bring in I expect us to finish above them next season

Hart is shocking, i remember having arguments with friends about De Gea being better than hart and they were having none of it.

Sterling is going down so easy its getting laughable.

Yeh i can see him been turned into a figure of hate next season he is already been booed here.

Sorry for turning this into. City match thread but im doing a bit of scouting for our future signing(ronaldo) and our opposition for next season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement