Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

jayo26 wrote: »
    sterling looks like a kid he has no strenght at all just bouncing off ramos and pepe. If you stood him beside depay it would look like man and a boy.

The chap cant play through the middle, he is too small and weak to play there. Center backs will have a field day bullying him if he continues to play in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    The chap cant play through the middle, he is too small and weak to play there. Center backs will have a field day bullying him if he continues to play in that position.

can't play as a striker - but play hi off Aguero, with Aguero occupying the forwards and Sterling can find pockets of space to exploit. Did so very well in that role for Liverpool on occassion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Yeh i can see him been turned into a figure of hate next season he is already been booed here.

Not sure that the English fans up and down the country will abuse Sterling if hes an England regular. They only abuse Utd players who play for England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Are you watchibg the game? It will probably slap me in the face but sterling looks like a kid he has no strenght at all just bouncing off ramos and pepe. If you stood him beside depay it would look like man and a boy.

I'm very unconvinced about his attitude and he isnt going to learn a lot about that at city IMO.
    That front 3 of Silva, Sterling and Nasri will never do much tracking back. They can be quite silky going forward

Ya watching it alright too.

3-0 Pepe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

can't play as a striker - but play hi off Aguero, with Aguero occupying the forwards and Sterling can find pockets of space to exploit. Did so very well in that role for Liverpool on occassion.

On occasion but did he do it against two top center backs like madrid have got. They have paid 50 million for a whippet thst finds pockets of space on occasion :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hart is shocking, i remember having arguments with friends about De Gea being better than hart and they were having none of it.

Sterling is going down so easy its getting laughable.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

If he plays off the aguero through the middle, then city will have the same problems as last season.

A center midfield 2 which consists of Toure and somebody else. With only 1 of the 2 working back.

Long may that problem continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Are you watchibg the game? It will probably slap me in the face but sterling looks like a kid he has no strenght at all just bouncing off ramos and pepe. If you stood him beside depay it would look like man and a boy.

Is this your first time watching him? He's got really good strength and wonderful balance. Shock horror he may not be giving it his all in a pre season game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

messi says hi

messi-getty0601-630.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That was said last summer and summer before too. The stars will always be aligned for him to return.

Not by me. Also I dont agree the stars will always be aligned. If Di Maria is sold then thats a big wad of cash. Madrid is worse than ever as a club, as far as harmony goes. Ronaldo is 30. I dont think Utd will move for him again if they dont this summer. Perez has Bale as his poster boy and the future of Madrid.

It makes sense to all parties in a lot of ways that were never there before.

• Advertisement

I'm very unconvinced about his attitude and he isnt going to learn a lot about that at city IMO.
    That front 3 of Silva, Sterling and Nasri will never do much tracking back. They can be quite silky going forward

Ya watching it alright too.

3-0 Pepe

Harte didnt even make an attempt at that one.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Stop embarrassing yourself.

He was top class a few seasons ago, now, not so much.

bangkok wrote: »
    messi says hi

Spain is a different league completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

messi says hi

Small? Yes. Weak? No chance. A low centre of gravity and fire in his belly. Messi's a little warrior. He's not Aguero, but he's no push-over either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

In fairness he's never been top class. He flaps at crosses and pushes strong shots straight out in front of himself. He's a good goal keeper, but if he wasn't English he wouldn't be rated as highly as he is by some.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Is this your first time watching him? He's got really good strength and wonderful balance. Shock horror he may not be giving it his all in a pre season game...

Man i watched him last season too he is poor by all accounts for his price tag and if he cant give his all in a pre season game to impress at a new club there is no hope.

For the role he is playing in the city team today he is been pushed around.

I would agree he isn't as consistently brilliant as he was a couple of seasons ago, but he can still put in world class performances (Barcelona) and while his level may have dropped, he certainly isn't shocking and would be a better keeper, imo, than most United could get to replace DDG and I would say only Courtois would remain a certain starter ahead of him in PL terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

it was generally scoffed at, so i didnt bother posting it here.

Yeah and a deal for Otamendi was wrapped up on Jul 10th and was to be announced asap according to your not so usual and reliable source.

Throw enough mud and some will stick. Twitter seems to be the place to mud fling like a moda fuka

Small? Yes. Weak? No chance. A low centre of gravity and fire in his belly. Messi's a little warrior. He's not Aguero, but he's no push-over either.

sterling is also not weak. just because he gets pushed off the ball by 2 of the best centre defenders in the world I wouldn't class him as weak.

• Advertisement

sterling is also not weak. just because he gets pushed off the ball by 2 of the best centre defenders in the world I wouldn't class him as weak.

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe he aint as weak as he looks today but he aint much to be worried about in my opinion if he gets bullied he will go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Tugboats wrote: »
    If we sign a world class player the Di Maria money will be used to help fund it. if Di Maria stays I dont think we will sign a world class player:(

I disagree. If LvG wants a player & that player becomes available money won't be the deciding issue.

The opportunity to sign great players doesn't come often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I wouldn't get too carried away with how a team looks in preseason. Remember last year we were looking great winning all our games and then we go on to have a terrible start to the season.

Barca will be interesting tonight though :)

Edit - tomorrow.

I think Sterling gets harshly treated on here. He played for a club who thought second place was an over achievement. After qualifying for the champions league he then saw them sell their best player and buy mid table players. If a club who have ambitions to win things and play in the champions league every season want him than fair play to him for making the move up. He should be admired for his ambition and 'thick skin' for pushing through that difficult move

hqdefault.jpg

THe guy is insane at times, but he is still one of the best CBs around. Strong, quick, powerful, fearless, utterly insane. A very tough defedner for strikers to come up against.

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too carried away with how a team looks in preseason. Remember last year we were looking great winning all our games and then we go on to have a terrible start to the season.

Tomorrow night mate.

tomorrow night

hqdefault.jpg

what is showing a pic of pepe getting sent off got to do with his defending? Ramos was sent off 19 times in his career!!!

What time lads? Any other ways to watch it? Is it just on mutv? Thanks. Sorry for the lmgtfu questions!

Discodog wrote: »
    I disagree. If LvG wants a player & that player becomes available money won't be the deciding issue.

It might come in to it for lesser players - but as you say, if Bale, Ronaldo, or Messi, for example, were to become available United would go all out to bring them in, regardless of any sales they may or may not have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

THe guy is insane at times, but he is still one of the best CBs around. Strong, quick, powerful, fearless, utterly insane. A very tough defedner for strikers to come up against.

He is an embarrassment to mankind.

what is showing a pic of pepe getting sent off got to do with his defending? Ramos was sent off 19 times in his career!!!

Pepe is average, let's be honest here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You seriously consider him shocking?

what is showing a pic of pepe getting sent off got to do with his defending?

Pepe was laughing at your statement, wasnt really about the red card.

I dont see how anybody rates him that highly, he is a nutcase

callaway92 wrote: »
    You seriously consider him shocking?

More a case of shocking how good you can be 1 season and then drop the form the next.

Discodog wrote: »

The opportunity to sell subs for 50million doesnt come around too often either

Pepe was laughing at your statement, wasnt really about the red card.

I dont see how anybody rates him that highly, he is a nutcase

as a defender he is still excellent

Sure Eric Cantona and Roy Keane were nutcases, still brilliant players though

as a defender he is still excellent

Good Yes - One of the best, hell No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

brinty wrote: »
    We're signing Ronda Rousey....
    Wow....
    I can plan a whole new set of formations with her
    Poor Rachel Reilly, she's being benched ;)

I think you will have to discuss that transfer with the board before going ahead, I don't think she is United quality.:cool:

paulbok wrote: »
    I think you will have to discuss that transfer with the board before going ahead, I don't think she is United quality.:cool:

Tell her that to her face :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

paulbok wrote: »

As the manger of said team, I'll make an executive decision on this and consult Maximus and TSC

Maximus and TSC, what's your thoughts ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

As the manger of said team, I'll make an executive decision on this and consult Maximus and TSC

Maximus and TSC, what's your thoughts ;)

SiN92.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

SiN92.gif

Rachel survives

Real turning on the style here

Ronaldo looks happy

Real turning on the style here

Great stuff. Enjoyable to watch

And now on comes all the subs, time to turn off

Ronaldo and Ramos substituted. Deal on:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tugboats wrote: »
    Ronaldo and Ramos substituted. Deal on:pac:

I literally turn the game on, and it's Ronaldo and Ramos standing over the free kick, and I think "awesome, I can see our two prospects playing".

Substitutions :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Rachel survives

I do agree with bring in more quality for the bench (or 1st team if a decent upgrade is available), Haley is all by herself there at the minute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement