Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Deal On? My paint skills

20da832518e260fe9628d07f1cddfa2e.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How did Odegaard get on?

Some very odd stories about him last year in Real's reserves, some of them entirely untrue, some of them bizarre. Caught the odd highlights packages from his appearances, looks lethal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

paulbok wrote: »
    I do agree with bring in more quality for the bench (or 1st team if a decent upgrade is available), Haley is all by herself there at the minute.

Paul we run a democracy here so we try to please the fans and if targets that will appease our fans can be procured we will pursue those targets to the best of our capabilities ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

what about a mad bid for odegaard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It will inflame my ocd if Ronaldo leaves before breaking that record

He has two games to score 12 goals so he can move to us on deadline day

• Advertisement

I though Ramos was made Madrid captain, Ronaldo and Arbeloa are lifting the trophy

Ramos nowhere to be seen

would be funny for ronnie to return and burst past rooney goalscoring record and become outright club legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

TheDoc wrote: »
    How did Odegaard get on?

Some very odd stories about him last year in Real's reserves, some of them entirely untrue, some of them bizarre. Caught the odd highlights packages from his appearances, looks lethal.

Didn't think he came on if I'm being honest.

Stories?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3172693/Aston-Villa-swoop-Ashley-Young-Manchester-United-winger-waits-contract-extension-Old-Trafford.html

Are we not going to keep Young? Think hes an important squad play and is useful if we have more games to play this season. Shame if he was let go after decent performances last season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I though Ramos was made Madrid captain, Ronaldo and Arbeloa are lifting the trophy

Ramos nowhere to be seen

Was going to ask. The commentators mentioned Casillas and how Arbeloa had replaced him as captain :confused:

• Advertisement

Didn't think he came on if I'm being honest.

Stories?

He didnt come on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

would be funny for ronnie to return and burst past rooney goalscoring record and become outright club legend

I was only saying that in work yesterday. He could break Madrids record by this summer, transfer, then he'd need 130 to break United's and retire as the leading all time goalscorer for arguably the two most storied clubs in football, surely that would secure his status as the greatest footballer to ever lace up a pair of boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So the club officially confirmed RVP has left, 3 days ago.

Quite disappointed with how the club have handled his leaving - should have been a bigger story, with a bigger thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I was only saying that in work yesterday. He could break Madrids record by this summer, transfer, then he'd need 130 to break United's and retire as the leading all time goalscorer for arguably the two most storied clubs in football, surely that would secure his status as the greatest footballer to ever lace up a pair of boots.

Someone needs to tweet this at him. How quickly could he score 130 for United? 4 seasons? Perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Quite disappointed with how the club have handled his leaving - should have been a bigger story, with a bigger thank you.

he was only there three years, and only great for one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Someone needs to tweet this at him. How quickly could he score 130 for United? 4 seasons? Perfect.

If he's getting 50ish every year consistently

2 and half seasons and its done

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I dont agree yes he helped win us a league but his attitude the season after under moyes wasnt the best. I like him but he is just another player.

He didn't have nice things to say about LVG. Its worrying how he treats some players. Its clear he has favorites in the squad who are allowed get away with murder

Tugboats wrote: »
    He didn't have nice things to say about LVG. Its worrying how he treats some players. Its clear he has favorites in the squad who are allowed get away with murder

like who? and get away with what murder?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Rooney. Being Rooney.

How do you know plsyers get away with murder?

Rvp threw a strop because he didn't get back into the team because he wasnt good enough he was past it and injury prone if that is how lvg threats playerd like that well im all for it.

Tugs your liein again stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Valencias crosses murdered my brain.

I meant whos the favourites. I should have known it was just you having a dig as RayCun said above. I need coffee. Basic mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think we have uncovered a Rooney/LVG conspiracy to destroy the club from within.

jayo26 wrote: »
    How do you know plsyers get away with murder?

Rvp threw a strop because he didn't get back into the team because he wasnt good enough he was past it and injury prone if that is how lvg threats playerd like that well im all for it.

Tugs your liein again stop it.

Giving Phil Jones a new contract but deciding our best striker isnt good enough:o

adox wrote: »
    I think we have uncovered a Rooney/LVG conspiracy to destroy the club from within.

Last Week it was the conspiracy about Fergie setting up Moyes to fail to cement his legacy and was supported in this by the tabloids.
    Now its Rooney/LVG
    i wonder what'll be next week?

Giving Phil Jones a new contract but deciding our best striker isnt good enough:o

Who was our best striker? Rvp? He was only a part time player for past two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Its only you who has decided our best striker isnt good enough. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

OH.
    DEAR.
    GOD!

adox wrote: »
    Its only you who has decided our best striker isnt good enough. ;)

Noooo dont do it cant take another day of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Why is my boy Phil always brought into things :(

I believe in Jonesey

i think that will be my motto for this season...That and

Give Phil the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Hey Eamon Dunphy.

Who was our best striker? Rvp? He was only a part time player for past two years.

yes. Are talented players not allowed have a bad spell?

• Advertisement

Wait a minute.
    The last few days you've been saying Rooney isnt good enough and we need better strikers?

In the PL last year
    Rooney scored 12 goals in 33 games (including at least 4-5 games as CM)
    Van Persie scored 10 in 27 games (only ST)

yet van Persie is best? You've broken your own "logic"?

yes. Are talented players not allowed have a bad spell?

He didnt have a bad spell he had about bad twi years of injuries he was on alot of money we free that up for someone fit and ready to play. Simple as.

Delboy5 wrote: »

Damn french blocking joe.ie!!

Any chance a few pictures on the forum? I suppose I could wait till later but if its the same as the ones from earlier then i'm sure it's confirmed.

Phil Jones can get better, RVP can only decline

• Advertisement

Wait a minute.
    The last few days you've been saying Rooney isnt good enough and we need better strikers?

In the PL last year

He is the boards version of a click bait site. Says random opinions for attention.

Wait a minute.

In the PL last year

RVP was destroyed by Moyes. Even Rio said that. He was going through a tough time. LVG should have showed more understanding and patience with him. RVP was easily our best striker. Why should RVP be punished for having a bad year when Rooney has had 7 or 8 bad years at the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

mufckit.jpg
    Adamocovic wrote: »
    Damn french blocking joe.ie!!

Any chance a few pictures on the forum? I suppose I could wait till later but if its the same as the ones from earlier then i'm sure it's confirmed.

He is the boards version of a click bait site. Says random opinions for attention.

Thats just all kinds of brilliant he has completely contradicted his 48 hour mantra. Its a classic.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Phil Jones can get better, RVP can only decline

Jones has had 5 years at the club as a professional footballer. How long more should the trial continue?

nicklauski wrote: »
    mufckit.jpg

ha thanks but image is blocked too :pac::pac: depends on image source site. Ill check later.

Is the jersey the same one that was posted before today?

RVP was destroyed by Moyes. Even Rio said that. He was going through a tough time. LVG should have showed more understanding and patience with him. RVP was easily our best striker. Why should RVP be punished for having a bad year when Rooney has had 7 or 8 bad years at the club?

ae9528927ebbb71efe4e5f00b42de6d1.png
    Internet-Troll.jpghttp:

Can important issues at the club not be discussed?. I think thats what a fans forum is for. Or are we meant to say everything is perfect and Man Utd are the best?

brinty wrote: »
    First Rooney, now Jones

Must hit ignore button for Tug posts

I'd say Tug must be tugging himself off with all this attention

attention attention .....

bIpFcUA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

so we shouldnt buy Ramos we should just play Phil Jones? LVG said in a press conference he will only buy a player if he is better than what we have. If we are after a defender which member of the defence isnt good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I vote we move this thread to After Hours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement