Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I vote we move this thread to After Hours.

Seconded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Tugboats wrote: »
    so we shouldnt buy Ramos we should just play Phil Jones? LVG said in a press conference he will only buy a player if he is better than what we have. If we are after a defender which member of the defence isnt good enough?

can we not just play smalling and rojo in the centre back slots? will you be happy then, we can get jones a job in McDonalds :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Jones has had 5 years at the club as a professional footballer. How long more should the trial continue?

Ah leave poor Phil alone, people describe him as being some sort of a disaster for us.

The guys still 23 and I can't remember a season where he was a shambles or anything. He has played well, he's find continuing his very good spells difficult due to that fact he picks up knocks.

He has all the ability in his locker, he has the passion and commitment too. People say at times his passion causes him to be rash and jump in but most defenders make rash decisions at times.

I really don't understand this idea that people jump on him complaining, he does a solid job for us and I see him just improving each year since he arrived and imagine by the time he is 25/26 people will be talking about him being one of the solid rocks in our defence.

Maybe my opinion is biased as I love watching him play, he's an old school player with loads of passion. When people like Alex Ferguson and Bobby Charlton praise his talent and potential I would rate it as an incredibly stupid decision to just offload the guy at 23 with the reason being peopel feel he hasn't reached his potential yet. He's 23. When did people expect him to hit his prime?

He has improved and he is more than capable ability wise of playing in our squad and our league. Who knows when he will be at his prime, the very notion of offloading him because he isn't in the very very top tier of CBs yet is ridiculous in my view.

I really feel people only pay attention to him when he gets injured or makes a mistake, not when for the rest of his game he shows great determination and plays well. Maybe it is some decision people have already made of him to only notice him when he makes a mistake and base their entire opinion on him for those or maybe that's just the life of a defender until they reach an age where people throw about terms like "he's an experienced player".

I'm sorry for ranting but I fully think Phil Jones gets a lot of unjust criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm not telling or even asking anyone to put a certain poster on their ignore list or at least not quote him, but if you feel like its a good idea I merely suggest you follow through with it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We get it you don't rate Rooney, you don't have to keep on saying it everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Can important issues at the club not be discussed?. I think thats what a fans forum is for. Or are we meant to say everything is perfect and Man Utd are the best?

Well thats what we used to do. Then things started lurching from ****fest to ****fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A radio Marca journalist said Perez wants Ramos out, a different journalist said the opposite, but first time on a media outlet with close links to Real Madrid that it has been said that Perez wants Ramos gone from the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Well thats what we used to do. Then things started lurching from ****fest to ****fest.

I give my opinions. It ok if people dont agree thats what a forum is for. People dont need to reply with accusations and stupid gifs. Thats what ruins things. One of the few sensible people here seem to be Adam who is happy to make his points and discuss issues

OK here is what was said:
    Cuervo said: "Sergio has made his mind up. Florentino also wants Sergio to leave, but Real Madrid want it to seem like Sergio is the one who wants to leave because he isn't very 'madridista'"
    He added: "If Florentino Pérez wanted to keep Casillas, he hid it very well. The same is happening with Ramos".
    http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/p-rez-finally-agrees-to-ramos-man-united-move

It will be great when we sign Ramos, as De Gea is leaving anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Damn french blocking joe.ie!!

Any chance a few pictures on the forum? I suppose I could wait till later but if its the same as the ones from earlier then i'm sure it's confirmed.

I posted it yesterday.. you even thanked the post :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96354878&postcount=7456

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thread still in bits. Getting worse.

I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane yesterday with all the goal videos and what different goals meant for different people... should do it again sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

keane2097 wrote: »
    Thread still in bits. Getting worse.

Maybe the next thread we get will be a better place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Is anybody else concerned that such a high turnover of players might lead to another slow start, and out of contention for the title by Christmas ? maybe even struggle in the champions League qualifier

United could start the new season with a new goalie, new CB, new RB, new midfield, new winger (depending where Memphis plays) and maybe even a new striker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Is anybody else concerned that such a high turnover of players might lead to another slow start, and out of contention for the title by Christmas ?

United could start the new season with a new goalie, new CB, new RB, new midfield, new winger (depending where Memphis plays) and maybe even a new striker.

Only Herrera and Shaw were in for the start of pre season last year and Shaw got injured. This season all 4 of our signings were in before the tour started and they are currently (touch wood) all fit. Plus the remainder of the squad have had a year under LVG so are used to his methods.

• Advertisement

I give my opinions. It ok if people dont agree thats what a forum is for. People dont need to reply with accusations and stupid gifs. Thats what ruins things. One of the few sensible people here seem to be Adam who is happy to make his points and discuss issues

GIF-Amused-funny-jaw-drop-LOL-Newman-OMG-Seinfeld-shocked-surprised-GIF_1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Hey Tugs.

What are your thoughts on signing Lorenzo the argentine Centre Half?

Is anybody else concerned that such a high turnover of players might lead to another slow start, and out of contention for the title by Christmas ? maybe even struggle in the champions League qualifier

I think last years slow start was more about the new systems being implemented by LVG. This year the majority of the squad will know the "philosophy" so there won't be as much disruption as last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It better not, and if it does the blame should be placed firmly at the managers feet.

We need a few more players, but as far as I am concerned we have the squad there to be demanding a title challenge next season, no more excuses and no settling for 4th spot.

If I start hearing that the team needs more time to settle I think I'll start to scream. They aren't a new Amazonian tribe trying to learn the game, they are professional footballers with a full pre-season, they'd better pull their fingers out and get it together.

Only Herrera and Shaw were in for the start of pre season last year and Shaw got injured. This season all 4 of our signings were in before the tour started and they are currently (touch wood) all fit. Plus the remainder of the squad have had a year under LVG so are used to his methods.

Sure, a pre-season with your team-mates helps.
    But is one pre-season enough for a new player to become accustomed to a new country, team-mates, language, style etc.?

Even for Herrera and Shaw who are in their 2nd pre-season, I'd barely call them well settled in.
    Similarly di Maria, and of course Falcao as we know never fully settled in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'd only be worried if the De Gea - Ramos deal was done this late, then we'd have a new center back and a new goaly without a pre-season together with the rest of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Think I've been on message boards for too long. Used to love a good wind-up or controversial opinion but now I find it all incredibly boring. Gonna unsub from this thread for a while I think, until it fixes itself.

Sure, a pre-season with your team-mates helps.
    But is one pre-season enough for a new player to become accustomed to a new country, team-mates, language, style etc.?

Even for Herrera and Shaw who are in their 2nd pre-season, I'd barely call them well settled in.
    Similarly di Maria, and of course Falcao as we know never fully settled in.

The whole squad other than the 4 new signings are used to LVGs methods. They weren't last summer. Even saying that Schweinsteiger played under him and knows his methods. I wouldn't be too worried about players bedding in as I don't expect all 4 of them to be in the starting 11 for the Spurs game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn8EWxw4ai4

love this goal, pure class

Think I've been on message boards for too long. Used to love a good wind-up or controversial opinion but now I find it all incredibly boring. Gonna unsub from this thread for a while I think, until it fixes itself.

As Trilla said earlier. Put certain posters on ignore and it's a much more harmonious place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

As Trilla said earlier. Put certain posters on ignore and it's a much more harmonious place.

Cookie my man... I merely suggested to people to follow their heart and to do what they thought was right. Also if you're around for some wine and cheese later it would be great. Casual wear.

So what does everybody want out of tomorrows game?

Ill go for:

-No Injurys
    -To play a decent game
    -Not get trashed
    -A good run out for Pereira

The whole squad other than the 4 new signings are used to LVGs methods..

It's more about building up an understanding with each other I'd be concerned about

It's more about building up an understanding with each other I'd be concerned about

As I said I don't expect them all to start together in the early matches. It wouldn't surprise me if only Depay and Schneiderlan started against Spurs.

• Advertisement

ok, I won't be concerned if we get Ramos, he is a leader and is use to pressure, and has won everything.
    Cillessen, if he is signed and it seems likely as De Gea departs imo, he has played for LVG, highest pressure game was a WC semi final. Moving to a big club, yes I will be a bit concerned until I see how he would play for us.
    Schneiderlin, think he will settle in so well as he is use to the PL, and is a french international, he seems a calm and intelligent person.
    Schweinsteiger, same as Ramos...
    Memphis, I think his natural ability will be his biggest asset as he settles in, along with his keen eye for goal.
    Darmian, he seems to be a bit like Schneiderlin in nature, knows his job and no complaints so far.

Cillessen could be the weakest link, but I don't know on that would be fairer to the player.

For the CL game I think we will not play De Gea as he will be gone by then...so he is not CL cup tied, meaning we have Ramos.

Cillessen
    Darmian--Smalling--Ramos--Shaw
    Schneiderlin---Carrick---Basti
    Mata---Rooney---Memphis

I think we will be alright, plenty of experience and class, with Herrera coming on and maybe someone else who we signed...

bangkok wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane yesterday with all the goal videos and what different goals meant for different people... should do it again sometime

Here is my hero when I was growing up,the terror of Liverpool,Jimmy Greenhoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The jersey is class.....only gripe would be I'd have the 3 stripes running all the way along the sleeves....it's the little things...
    I haven't bought one since that retro V neck AIG job we had in about 07.....will definitely pick up the new one though

Adamocovic wrote: »
    ha thanks but image is blocked too :pac::pac: depends on image source site. Ill check later.

Is the jersey the same one that was posted before today?

Hate the white bits under the sleeves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, I thought I'd love the jersey, but I'm not that impressed tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

ericzeking wrote: »
    The jersey is class.....only gripe would be I'd have the 3 stripes running all the way along the sleeves....it's the little things...
    I haven't bought one since that retro V neck AIG job we had in about 07.....will definitely pick up the new one though

is this teh new jersey:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/03/18/is-this-manchester-uniteds-new-adidas-kit-for-201516/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can important issues at the club not be discussed?. I think thats what a fans forum is for. Or are we meant to say everything is perfect and Man Utd are the best?

I like debating things but you pull random facts from your head and when your pointed out as been wrong you ignore the person and the stats.

You spend two days repating the same points about a player and then you say that lvg is treating players wrong sithout ant fair facts to back it up, again i dont mind that its your opinion and thats Fair enough but dont make up stuff to back up an opinion tell the truth and say you think he is the best striker but you do realise the stats dont back up your opinion.

can someone post a link to the new jersey please

Roquentin wrote: »
    can someone post a link to the new jersey please

http://i.imgur.com/i7LQAKB.jpg

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »

looks nice. will probably buy it

Roquentin wrote: »
    looks nice. will probably buy it

I don't think its official yet but that seems to be the most popular version going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not sure if this is posted, but..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I don't think that the new players coming in, or even the difficult process of getting used to Van Gaal's tactical demands, is as important as whether or not Van Gaal picks an effective formation and line-up. There's more than enough talent in the squad already to accommodate the new players settling in.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is posted, but..

Was watching it last night it was good laugh, memphis when asked about fittest player says i dont know haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Here is my hero when I was growing up,the terror of Liverpool,Jimmy Greenhoff!

The height of the attempted off-side trap at 1:17 :eek:

...then the Dalglish miss :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Serious bromance with Luke Depay
    Its getting to Ander Mata levels

Where one goes the other follows ;)

Anyone remember the Topps Football cards with the stick of gum? I remember collecting everyone of them back in 1978/79 and swapping them about in school!

brinty wrote: »
    Serious bromance with Luke Depay
    Its getting to Ander Mata levels

Where one goes the other follows ;)

He doesn't like being called Depay. Can't understand why he didn't just take his mothers name like Ryan Wilson did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

He doesn't like being called Depay. Can't understand why he didn't just take his mothers name like Ryan Wilson did!

Because her surname is Tennessee?

Giggsy had brains tho ha ha.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement