Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

For anybody who has MUTV, 6:30 tonight for LVG presser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Because her surname is Tennessee?

Haha brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Hate the white bits under the sleeves!

Hopefully your opinion will change when you see Bastian wearing it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Speaking of goals, have we had much Sparky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Well for one that's illegal. I'd value my lack of criminal record over internet kudos.

But why even make the bet in the first place if you are not man enough to follow through on it? The poster agreed to the forfeit. If he was concerned about the possible consequences then he should have never made the bet in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hate the white bits under the sleeves!

That's what I dislike most about it too, and it also really reminds me of a B&I Lions jersey. So far I'm thinking it's okay, but it'll grow on me a lot easier than the last few Nike ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Here is my hero when I was growing up,the terror of Liverpool,Jimmy Greenhoff!

My favourite player when I was a kid. Steve Coppell:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Am I right in saying the Barca match is tomorrow night @9pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Trond wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the Barca match is tomorrow night @9pm?

Yes

FatherTed wrote: »
    My favourite player when I was a kid. Steve Coppell:

Great player,pity that injury finished him at 27,he would have been great in Atkinsons team!

• Advertisement

Dont think these were posted but one of the games that changed the history of United.

https://youtube/jKk5lFV20c0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jayo26 wrote: »
    Dont think these were posted but one of the games that changed the history of United.

https://youtube/jKk5lFV20c0

Trilla wrote: »

Cheers mate couldnt do it properly on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

PSG deal agreed with Man Utd for di Maria £46m. Good money if true

bangkok wrote: »

"deal agreed" wow really? What's the source bangkok?

What scource?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We have also signed Messi and Ronaldo for £30m, good deal if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Pitty it just didnt work out for him.

Hopefully he will be replaced with quality.

Here comes the Gaitan rumours again

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Pitty it just didnt work out for him.

Hopefully he will be replaced with quality.

Here comes the Gaitan rumours again

Messi and Ronaldo on the way, don't worry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

bangkok wrote:

Source?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Haven't you been told before about naming sources?? It's not feckin hard you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wont believe that Di Maria is gone until Natalie Sawyer confirms it on SSN

She is looking smoking hot this eve

LVG should sign her up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Anyone remember the Topps Football cards with the stick of gum? I remember collecting everyone of them back in 1978/79 and swapping them about in school!

Yes and the old magic cards when you moved the player moved. Came in 10p Lucky bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thats quoting France Football's report from yesterday. Which was a rehash of an earlier report. Nothing confirmed yet by anyone on either side or no more fresh reports today

Edit: Im sure it will be brought up in the press conference at 6.30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'll sign her up for you Dude
    She can sit on the bench with Hayley ;)

I'm unconvinced by the DiMaria reports

He said at Copa he always does crap in his first season at a new club but improves the second season and he was looking forward to doing so at old Trafford next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd be very disappointed if ADM was to leave.

I think he can go on to be a club legend, especially now he will have an actual midfield behind him.

At the end of the day though if he isn't happy and he wants out there is zero point in keeping him.

Hopefully he will decide to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

We lose one attention seeking spoofer and then the other one pipes up looking for his bitty. Im out untill the match tomorrow night laters all

brinty wrote: »

He said at Copa he always does crap in his first season at a new club but improves the second season and he was looking forward to doing so at old Trafford next season

I agree i said it the other day all the quotes we have to go on for definite is di maria said he wants to say, not even mendez has hinted at a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I agree i said it the other day all the quotes we have to go on for definite is di maria said he wants to say, not even mendez has hinted at a move.

Is mendes his agent??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Bit of news

https://twitter.com/OmldZamani/status/624616383968481282
    Man United continues to insist for #Otamendi, ongoing talks but there's 'distance' between the parties, there's strong pressure from #ManUtd

Also

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/624618723538681856

Is mendes his agent??

Yeh he sure is. Im nearly sure of it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Van Gaals words are the strongest clue we have about the situation.
    "It's a process, we will have to wait and see etc"

Very unusual things to be saying about you're most expensive signing, Utds most expensive signing.

Forget the paper talk. Those words can't be overlooked and don't paint a good picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

10/10 tonight tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

A nothing article full of elongated crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A nothing article full of elongated crap.

Splendid. Thanks for the input, as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wonder which youth players are going to make any sort of impact this season.

Personally I don;t think McNair or Blackett will, don't rate either of them to be honest. McNair the better prospect but miles away.

Andreas Pereira looks like the first team suits him. I've never been overly impressed with him for the youths and reserves - flashes of talent but never taking a game by the scruff of the neck. In the first team he actually looks more impressive imo, and for the Brazil youth side he looked excellent over the summer. Will be interesting to see what type of role he may have this season - If we were to bring in Pedro it would have a direct impact on both Pereira and Januzaj. Might be a reason Young hasn't got a new contract yet.

With Falcao and RVP gone, it currently looks like Wilson will have to play a big part this season. Unlike Pereira, he has always impressed me for the youth sides, but still to show himself in the first team - needs to kick on this season imo.

Gribbon is one to keep an eye on too - I don't think he will make an impact on the first team this season, but as the next big hope of United I'll be interested to see how much he plays for the U21 side, and what involvement he does have with the first team (in terms of match day squads and even training).

Is there a press conference on now?

adox wrote: »
    Is there a press conference on now?

yep, LVG due to be talking in 6 mins. On MUTV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

yep, LVG due to be talking in 6 mins. On MUTV.

How shall he troll the media today? :pac:

• Advertisement

I wonder which youth players are going to make any sort of impact this season.

Personally I don;t think McNair or Blackett will, don't rate either of them to be honest. McNair the better prospect but miles away.

Andreas Pereira looks like the first team suits him. I've never been overly impressed with him for the youths and reserves - flashes of talent but never taking a game by the scruff of the neck. In the first team he actually looks more impressive imo, and for the Brazil youth side he looked excellent over the summer. Will be interesting to see what type of role he may have this season - If we were to bring in Pedro it would have a direct impact on both Pereira and Januzaj. Might be a reason Young hasn't got a new contract yet.

With Falcao and RVP gone, it currently looks like Wilson will have to play a big part this season. Unlike Pereira, he has always impressed me for the youth sides, but still to show himself in the first team - needs to kick on this season imo.

Gribbon is one to keep an eye on too - I don't think he will make an impact on the first team this season, but as the next big hope of United I'll be interested to see how much he plays for the U21 side, and what involvement he does have with the first team (in terms of match day squads and even training).

I think linegard and Pereira and mcnair should be getting cup games at least this season i feel same way as you about wilson he looks excellent for u21s but just dont look anywhere near the same player for the seniors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

BS has some slight injury according to LvG.

He is going to play with the line up he thinks will start against Spurs, so tomorrow's match should be interesting in that sense. Schweinsteiger is the only one that would be out for the game tomorrow but in for the spurs game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think linegard and Pereira and mcnair should be getting cup games at least this season i feel same way as you about wilson he looks excellent for u21s but just dont look anywhere near the same player for the seniors.

He hasn't really gotten a chance and the other front men hardly set the world on fire last season. He has all the right attributes, has just been used wrong. Having Januzaj behind him in those last games is obviously going to be a hindrance too.

Press conference a bit of a non event.

Liam O wrote: »
    He hasn't really gotten a chance and the other front men hardly set the world on fire last season. He has all the right attributes, has just been used wrong. Having Januzaj behind him in those last games is obviously going to be a hindrance too.

Yeh thsts fair enough too maybe expecting too much this season will tell aclot about him

adox wrote: »
    Press conference a bit of a non event.

Yeah didn't give much away.. process this and process that haha.. ADM, Rojo and Chico all meeting up with team tomorrow but none will play as they have to build up their fitness.. DeGea to play tomorrow and LVG is hopeful he will start the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Splendid. Thanks for the input, as ever.

I wasn't having a go at you. I was having a go at Miguel for writing a very long article about guesswork. It's filler just for the sake of writing something, since he probably has very little else to do in the close season - just like all football journalists.

With Schweinsteiger out I would like to see the following side tomorrow:

De Gea
    Darmian-Smalling-Jones-Shaw
    Carrick
    Herrera-Schneiderlin
    Mata
    Depay
    Rooney

• Advertisement

With Schweinsteiger out I would like to see the following side tomorrow:

De Gea
    Darmian-Smalling-Jones-Shaw
    Carrick
    Herrera-Schneiderlin
    Mata
    Depay
    Rooney

Valencia available again, Van Gaal has just said. Please God dont let him play the first 60!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement