Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

adox wrote: »
    Press conference a bit of a non event.

good... the internet won't go into meltdown with all the fúcking bullshít from the IDK "journos" with their fabricated tweets and vague rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Sorry if this was already posted.

New United jersey leaked before release in the states (reportedly).

Looks feckin' lovely.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/man-united-left-redfaced-as-new-jersey-goes-on-us-sale-before-official-launch-31402238.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Sorry if this was already posted.

New United jersey leaked before release in the states (reportedly).

Looks feckin' lovely.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/man-united-left-redfaced-as-new-jersey-goes-on-us-sale-before-official-launch-31402238.html

two different jerseys in that link. which one is it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm really hoping the top one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Roquentin wrote: »
    two different jerseys in that link. which one is it

Its the 2nd one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

The second one is terrible..

Kalel wrote: »
    The second one is terrible..

At least its a little less in your face than the first one. Not a fan of either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but United's game v Barca is on free view on MUTV tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Nib wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but United's game v Barca is on free view on MUTV tomorrow night.

I am pretty sure it is just the build up that is freeview, up until 5 minutes before kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Dave0301 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it is just the build up that is freeview, up until 5 minutes before kick off.

Fox sports is also showing it for others that have the means ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

With Schweinsteiger out I would like to see the following side tomorrow:

De Gea
    Darmian-Smalling-Jones-Shaw
    Carrick
    Herrera-Schneiderlin
    Mata
    Depay
    Rooney

That would seem to be the best team available and the best team for season.

With rojo and swein battling jones and carrick for positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

Liam O wrote: »
    He hasn't really gotten a chance and the other front men hardly set the world on fire last season. He has all the right attributes, has just been used wrong. Having Januzaj behind him in those last games is obviously going to be a hindrance too.

So Wilson not playing well is down to not being used right, and also down to Januzaj?

I'm really bemused by some of the criticism of Januzaj. The guy is 20. He hasn't set the world alight, but I don't think anyone should be expecting him to. He shot to prominence in the Moyes season, and was genuinely one of the only bright sparks of the season.

His performances were overblown, but at the same time people seem to feel the need to balance that out with undeserved criticism. The same thing happened with Sterling. He was hyped up after his first season, and when he didn't hit the same heights again in the second season he was slated for it. The likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi and the likes are the exceptions rather than the rule, but a lot of football fans dont seem to want to give young players the time to develop.

A bit of a ramble I know, but its something that has always bugged me when it comes to talking about young players. Everyones loves to see the team they support win things, and Im the same. But at the same time, I love to see young players coming into the squad and being given a chance to develop over a number of years.

Almost done, but my favourite non Manchester United part of last season was seeing the emergence of Coquelin at Arsenal, into a genuine member of their first team. I think it showed the value of patience, and first team football for young players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Haven't you been told before about naming sources?? It's not feckin hard you know.

sorry was off line there for a while, text from brother, said its as good as done.
    di Maria will still meet up with the squad but it will be just a formality until contract is signed. not seeing di maria in a united shirt again will be sad, such a class player just never worked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Nib wrote: »

Stupid question, but do I have to do anything to get this or will I just get MUTV for the 2 hours it'll be on, I've a UPC box too (if it matters)

bangkok wrote: »
    sorry was off line there for a while, text from brother, said its as good as done.
    di Maria will still meet up with the squad but it will be just a formality until contract is signed. not seeing di maria in a united shirt again will be sad, such a class player just never worked out

My brother watsapped me 1 hour ago

Says he's staying in Manchester.... Loves the brothels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Dave0301 wrote: »

Ahh, Useless stream it is so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bangkok wrote: »

And his source is????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Some Ramos quotes
    After leaving the stadium with his teammates Sergio Ramos was asked about his future: "Now there is less to talk about."

https://twitter.com/SocialRMadrid/status/624619722022105088

Sergio Ramos when asked about his future: "I will talk soon" [Cuatro]

https://twitter.com/RMadridInfo/status/624620600812638211

Tom's take on it
    Sergio Ramos saying “I’ll talk soon” sounds a lot like “Let me have a chat with Pérez first, we’ll see how that goes & then I’ll decide”

https://twitter.com/SocialRMadrid/status/624619722022105088

Sounds to me like Ramos has made up his mind to stay at Madrid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Ramos thing has worked out well so far since Dave is still at United.

With Basti in board the need for a player with Ramos' experience is not so great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dimithy wrote: »
    So Wilson not playing well is down to not being used right, and also down to Januzaj?

I'm really bemused by some of the criticism of Januzaj. The guy is 20. He hasn't set the world alight, but I don't think anyone should be expecting him to. He shot to prominence in the Moyes season, and was genuinely one of the only bright sparks of the season.

His performances were overblown, but at the same time people seem to feel the need to balance that out with undeserved criticism. The same thing happened with Sterling. He was hyped up after his first season, and when he didn't hit the same heights again in the second season he was slated for it. The likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi and the likes are the exceptions rather than the rule, but a lot of football fans dont seem to want to give young players the time to develop.

A bit of a ramble I know, but its something that has always bugged me when it comes to talking about young players. Everyones loves to see the team they support win things, and Im the same. But at the same time, I love to see young players coming into the squad and being given a chance to develop over a number of years.

Almost done, but my favourite non Manchester United part of last season was seeing the emergence of Coquelin at Arsenal, into a genuine member of their first team. I think it showed the value of patience, and first team football for young players.

Sterling is on another planet to Januzaj. Januzaj thinks he's Billy big balls every time he gets the ball. He has some skill with the ball at his feet but runs it into corners and produces nothing time after time. He was keeping Kagawa out of the team for a long time despite being worse than him every time they played. It was infuriating, I guess not his fault but it certainly made his faults stand out to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ramos had no intention of joining utd. He just used utd to get a bigger bumper deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Headshot wrote: »
    Ramos had no intention of joining utd. He just used utd to get a bigger bumper deal.
    How did he use United? Has he said anything at all before now?

He has let the media do all his work. His agent probably feeding the press. He will get a brand new contract before the summer transfer window closes

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

Liam O wrote: »
    Sterling is on another planet to Januzaj. Januzaj thinks he's Billy big balls every time he gets the ball. He has some skill with the ball at his feet but runs it into corners and produces nothing time after time. He was keeping Kagawa out of the team for a long time despite being worse than him every time they played. It was infuriating, I guess not his fault but it certainly made his faults stand out to me.

Sterling is better than Januzaj right now, another planet he is not. Though i would expect a player who has played about 3 times more minutes for the first team to be further along in his development. And thats what they are, developing.

Januzaj also had more goals and assists than Kagawa that season, and was more suited to a wing role. Im not going to say he's a better player right now, but he certainly had more of an impact when Moyes was in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Juan8 wrote: »
    Stupid question, but do I have to do anything to get this or will I just get MUTV for the 2 hours it'll be on, I've a UPC box too (if it matters)
    If you have the channel, it will show it, you don't have to do anything.

I'm pretty sure they're showing the whole game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jenna Jameson is a Man United fan.

Great signing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sky are running with the Ramos allowed to leave

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/624651735311740928

He has let the media do all his work. His agent probably feeding the press. He will get a brand new contract before the summer transfer window closes

Nobody knows this for fact and if he did so what? He's entitled to and its not the first time an English club especially us have had this happened to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jenna Jameson is a Man United fan.

Great signing!!

Saw this the other day. Was looking for tickets to tomorrow's game :pac:

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Sky are running with the Ramos allowed to leave

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/624651735311740928

Is this just a massive punt?

Trilla wrote: »
    Is this just a massive punt?

Think it's linked to what a Journalist on Marca radio said earlier this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The ship to sign Ramos has long passed, but that's my 2 cents.

That said i could probably be proven wrong.

Nobody knows this for fact and if he did so what? He's entitled to and its not the first time an English club especially us have had this happened to.

I aint knocking Ramos, Im just saying he was never going any where. I do hope utd saw right through that charade and have legitimate CB's lined up. I desperately want a CB's in before the transfer window closes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ramos is leaving Madrid, Marca and Radio Marca are close to the people who run Real Madrid.
    Ramos cannot be happy with what radio Marca have been saying, today it was Perez wants him out, the paper says United want Ramos to tell the club he wants to go.

Basically the mouth pieces of the Real Madrid are wanting him to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

if ramos is joining, de gea is off this transfer window

• Advertisement

I aint knocking Ramos, Im just saying he was never going any where. I do hope utd saw right through that charade and have legitimate CB's lined up. I desperately want a CB's in before the transfer window closes

Think you are wrong.

Ramos is from Seville so he is not really a Madridista. He has something in common with Bastian Schweinsteiger, whose brother is a United fan, for Ramos his father is a United fan.

Reports are the only club Ramos wants to join is United. His partner said they have been learning English for months and she has no problems moving to Manchester.

Ramos and Perez also don't like eachother.

Ramos will be a United player next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Anyone see the video of Shaw and Memphis from United Facebook page. Asked to describe each other in one word and how their relationship was, funny clip, seems they're getting on well which is great to see!

Hope their partnership down the left grows into something special!

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Anyone see the video of Shaw and Memphis from United Facebook page. Asked to describe each other in one word and how their relationship was, funny clip, seems they're getting on well which is great to see!

Hope their partnership down the left grows into something special!

Was posted earlier today in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Was posted earlier today in this thread

Fair enough! Expecting a very good season from Shaw and hopefully Depay too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

http://www.marca.com/2015/07/24/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1437763333.html?cid=SMBOSO34503&s_kw=twitterCM=Twitter

During the Cold War with the Madrid Sergio Ramos and De Gea, Manchester United has decided on its strategy to pressure Florentino Perez to negotiate the transfer of its captain. The English club wants the Ramos himself who says publicly that he wants to leave. Thus, there would be no doubt about his decision to change the white red.
    The leaders of the United consider that a public manifestations of Ramos in which asked to be transferred to the transfer request equivalent exists in the Premier- oblige Florentino to the negotiating table -the. If Sergio said those words, part of Real Madrid would not understand that the president tried to keep a player who does not want to continue in Madrid.
    The pressure that is putting the United last few days is total. From the statements of Van Gaal - "maybe Mr. Ramos is in process" - to the movements of the Glazer club, everything is aimed at designing an operation to end Sergio Ramos at Old Trafford.
    So far, not Sergio Ramos has spoken publicly about their future do not think respect for the club and the Madrid fans, but his idea is still going. In these first tests with Rafa Benitez Madrid captain is as always, focused, intense, committed and practicing leader.
    The future of Ramos in Madrid immediately goes down the slope meeting between captain and president, to be produced in China in the coming days. Florentino is about to join the tour the first team and, certainly, the main mission of the maximum white president will convince Sergio to follow in Madrid.
    President and captain maintained, with its ups and downs, a close relationship from a decade 'was Florentino Ramos who signed for Madrid 18 years ago, but in recent months have been further apart than ever. If the meeting of China are not able to remedy the situation, the future is far from Ramos Real Madrid.
    Florentino Perez, Ramos is a vital player in the present and the future of Real Madrid. Not only is the hero of the Tenth, it is unquestionably the player who leads the locker room. In addition, the output of Casillas and Ramos in the same summer would put the president in a very difficult situation with a section of the Bernabeu.
    For their part, Rafa Benitez and his companions never cease to emphasize the importance of Sergio Ramos both inside and outside the field. For the coach, captain loss would be a dramatic story, a scenario that Benitez simply not contemplated.
    The decision to Sergio Ramos certainly affects the short-term future of Real Madrid to three bands. Benitez lost a captain, Madrid Florentino a banner and a shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So about 10 days ago I saw a thread on Bargain Alerts that said you could get a custom mousepad printed and delivered to Ireland for €0.93.

I decided to give it a go, and I'm very happy I did.

I would like to present to you all my new mousepad for work:

ziWcyrT.jpg?1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    So about 10 days ago I saw a thread on Bargain Alerts that said you could get a custom mousepad printed and delivered to Ireland for €0.93.

ziWcyrT.jpg?1

bromance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

ziWcyrT.jpg?1

Glorious

Tis v quiet all of a sudden... Surprised after that sky sports story. Everyone think it's bull?

Tis v quiet all of a sudden... Surprised after that sky sports story. Everyone think it's bull?

No, there is no rush right now, the deadline is our CL playoff game.
    So it either happens in the next two weeks or not at all.
    Expect it when the players are back in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

RobertKK wrote: »
    Think you are wrong.

Ramos is from Seville so he is not really a Madridista. He has something in common with Bastian Schweinsteiger, whose brother is a United fan, for Ramos his father is a United fan.

Reports are the only club Ramos wants to join is United. His partner said they have been learning English for months and she has no problems moving to Manchester.

There is a God. RobertKK be thy name. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

RobertKK wrote: »
    Think you are wrong.

Where is FutureGuy
    Some send out the beacon...,

brinty wrote: »
    Where is FutureGuy
    Some send out the beacon...,

I'm not allowed anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

ziWcyrT.jpg?1

That made my day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote: »
    I'm not allowed anymore :pac:

What?!?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement