Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

astradave wrote: »
    I'm not allowed anymore :pac:

The beacon is lit astradave calls for aid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    What?!?

The newbs in the thread dont think its hipster to be looking up to futureguy as a god and dont like us posting gifs. It takes the thread off topic 😴

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote: »
    The newbs in the thread dont think its hipster to be looking up to futureguy as a god and dont like us posting gifs. It takes the thread off topic 😴

The who the what now...
    Newbs can FRO
    Put that beacon out there we know our god will answer our call and tell us Ramos,Ronaldo,Messi and Zlatan are not signing..
    Then we'll all rejoice and post gifs and be merry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He's the Guy we need, not the Guy we deserve

0BiCtUe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Dimithy wrote: »

I'm really bemused by some of the criticism of Januzaj. The guy is 20. He hasn't set the world alight, but I don't think anyone should be expecting him to.
    So why not compare him to Sterling? Sterling is 20 years old as well, was a mainstay at his old club and has just moved for €50m.

Januzaj is also 20 years old, and has done sweet **** all despite opportunities most players would kill for. Fact is, Januzaj has regressed not developed, and its lazy to just call him a child and say he still has to be led along. 20 years old isn't a child, and in the main all the top players were showing their talent at 20 years old, I would suggest Januzaj needs to start doing the same, otherwise he can join the Macheda club.

Dimithy wrote: »
    Januzaj also had more goals and assists than Kagawa that season, and was more suited to a wing role.

Jonny Evans left testicle had more goals and assists than Kagawa, thats what happens when a good player is stuck on the bench.

Also, the Futureguy crap is childish and cringeworthy, theres nothing hipster about saying that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Will probably see this as a line up tomorrow for the first hour + De Gea in goals

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/624648448227192833

...........De Gea

Darmian-Jones-Blind-Shaw

....Carrick-Schneiderlin

....Mata-Depay-Young

...........Rooney

Will probably see this as a line up tomorrow for the first hour + De Gea in goals

...........De Gea

Darmian-Jones-Blind-Shaw

....Carrick-Schneiderlin

....Mata-Depay-Young

...........Rooney

Seriously disappointed with the lack of Herrera in that.. though that seems to be the team that had been playing the first half in both matches so far, bar DeGea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Blind and Jones at centre back, we really really need to fix that before the season gets going

Edit: and I forgot we were playing Barcelona, lols there will be goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Blind and Jones at centre back, we really really need to fix that before the season gets going

Edit: and I forgot we were playing Barcelona, lols there will be goals

Evans and Smalling have done well together in the 2 games and Rojo is to come in. Not even an injury so far! It's just to get the players fit at this stage, given the time difference and all any real understanding that can be used in the actual season will be the last couple of games, this is purely fitness I reckon. Obviously Blind wont start the season at CB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

...........De Gea

Darmian-Jones-Blind-Shaw

....Carrick-Schneiderlin

....Mata-Depay-Young

...........Rooney

I hope not, LVG said in the presser today that what we see for the first 60 mins is basically what we will see against Spurs with a slight difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Also, the Futureguy crap is childish and cringeworthy, theres nothing hipster about saying that.

356264.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Xenji wrote: »
    I hope not, LVG said in the presser today that what we see for the first 60 mins is basically what we will see against Spurs with a slight difference.

In fairness if you took Blind out for Rojo and assume Pig Killer is injured then is it that far away from the best 11 in LVG's eyes if he still wants to go with Young? Though ADM still has to come back too i guess so that could be another change.

Liam O wrote: »
    In fairness if you took Blind out for Rojo and assume Pig Killer is injured then is it that far away from the best 11?

I would take out Blind for Smalling, Young for Herrera and if he was available/not at PSG, Di Maria for Mata and go for a 4-3-3, Schewni in for Carrick/Schneiderlin although all 3 offer great solutions for our midfield depending on the situation.

Depay is a wide player who loves to cut inside and has great pace and strength, he is much more a false 9 like Di Maria, he would be wasted just playing behind the striker, that is a Mata/Herrera/Pereira role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Carrick and Schneiderlin will be the first choice midfielders and Herrera and Schweinsteiger to play second fiddle imo.

The only time I can see us playing with 3 or those 4 is when we need to be more conservative against a similarly possession based team but 90% of the time it will just be Carrick and Schneiderlin and 3 from Mata, Young, Depay, Di Maria behind Rooney

Fellaini is special teams

Carrick and Schneiderlin will be the first choice midfielders and Herrera and Schweinsteiger to play second fiddle imo.

The only time I can see us playing with 3 or those 4 is when we need to be more conservative against a similarly possession based team but 90% of the time it will just be Carrick and Schneiderlin and 3 from Mata, Young, Depay, Di Maria behind Rooney

Mata to play centrally then, he is wasted coming off the wing, more so when you have Young and Depay who are natural wingers, as usual so far on tour Lingard has also impressed as well, LVG also has singled him out for praise after both games, same with Pereira.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

So why not compare him to Sterling? Sterling is 20 years old as well, was a mainstay at his old club and has just moved for €50m.

As I said, its not surprising that a young player with 3 times the playing time is more advanced in his development. And in my opinion, had less competition for a place in terms of quality and numbers. And again, Sterling is a better player right now, can you point out where I said otherwise?
    Januzaj is also 20 years old, and has done sweet **** all despite opportunities most players would kill for. Fact is, Januzaj has regressed not developed, and its lazy to just call him a child and say he still has to be led along. 20 years old isn't a child, and in the main all the top players were showing their talent at 20 years old, I would suggest Januzaj needs to start doing the same, otherwise he can join the Macheda club.

You might want to try refuting things I actually said. Never said anything about him being a child, or having to be led along. He's got a few games United under Van Gaal, and was part of the Belgian World Cup squad, so I would consider that showing his talent.

Do you want to tell me where Solskjaer, Van Nistelrooy, Diego Costa or Miroslav Klose were at 20?

Jonny Evans left testicle had more goals and assists than Kagawa, thats what happens when a good player is stuck on the bench.
    So Januzaj has more of an impact in a similar number of games? Does Kagawa get to join Macheda too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Any two of Schneiderlin, Carrick and Schweinsteiger in the team and our midfield gets very lateral. It's the number one reason why I don't want Di Maria sold, he's our only vertical midfielder. Would for Di Maria and Herrera ahead of Schneiderlin to become our first choice midfield as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    So about 10 days ago I saw a thread on Bargain Alerts that said you could get a custom mousepad printed and delivered to Ireland for €0.93.

I decided to give it a go, and I'm very happy I did.

I would like to present to you all my new mousepad for work:

ziWcyrT.jpg?1

Make sure to get a shaw, Memphis one for the left side of ur desk next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Whats this Andy Mitten charachter like?

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/624648448227192833/photo/1

MU players training now. Shaw, Darmian, Jones, Blind; Schneiderlin, Carrick; Mata, Young, Depay; Rooney together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

RobertKK wrote: »
    No, there is no rush right now, the deadline is our CL playoff game.
    So it either happens in the next two weeks or not at all.
    Expect it when the players are back in Europe.

Can't agree with this...what we had last season should be good enough to get through the Champions League qualifier, not to mind the 4 additions already-who won't necessarily go straight into the team from what we have seen of Van Gaals strategy with new players.
    I'd say the CL game is irrelevant to our transfer strategy apart from possibly playing or not playing DDG if he is still with us by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Really hope that isn't the team. Blind at CB this season would be a disaster. He shouldn't be in the starting eleven now with the players available.

Midfield should be the two Ss and Herrera. That should be a no brainer.

Van Gaal will be under serious scrutiny if he persists with the suggested starting 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Tbf he had very little playing time last season, if a world class player like Di Maria can struggle only getting sporadic first team appearances, no surprise adnan has.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Saw this the other day. Was looking for tickets to tomorrow's game :pac:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2528450-jenna-jameson-trying-so-hard-to-get-tickets-for-man-united-vs-barcelona

Love the innuendo in this report!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Rojo will start ahead of Blind. We have to remember he's only joined up with the team. I've no doubt that he'll be ahead of Blind in the pecking order for LCB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did I read Barcelona were without some of their South Americans too? Saw mention of no Messi and no Neymar. Wondering if no Suarez as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Did I read Barcelona were without some of their South Americans too? Saw mention of no Messi and no Neymar. Wondering if no Suarez as well.

Suarez is there. He played against Galaxy. No idea about the rest.

KH25 wrote: »
    Suarez is there. He played against Galaxy. No idea about the rest.

Awesome.

long-sigh.gif

(*crosses fingers nothing bad happens*)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Lord TSC wrote:

Messi and Neymar played the Copa América, so would have gotten longer holidays, but Suárez was suspended for the competition, so will probably play tonight. I'm very much looking forward to it. Guessing it will be an even affair like the previous years we have played Barça in friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

ericzeking wrote: »
    Can't agree with this...what we had last season should be good enough to get through the Champions League qualifier, not to mind the 4 additions already-who won't necessarily go straight into the team from what we have seen of Van Gaals strategy with new players.
    I'd say the CL game is irrelevant to our transfer strategy apart from possibly playing or not playing DDG if he is still with us by then.

But I don't think RM will let this drag on till then anyway.

Perez has flown to China, and will talk with Ramos about his future. Graham Hunter and Si Lowe both say Ramos is determined to leave and his relationship with Perez is at it's worst ever. I think once they return to Europe, that things will progress or to use LVG's word process quickly. Can't see RM wanting any possibility of De Gea playing a CL game for United, so they will lower the asking price for Ramos, give a bit more for De Gea and everyone is happy.
    De Gea is leaving anyway, be better get something for him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

RobertKK wrote: »
    But I don't think RM will let this drag on till then anyway.

Perez has flown to China, and will talk with Ramos about his future. Graham Hunter and Si Lowe both say Ramos is determined to leave and his relationship with Perez is at it's worst ever. I think once they return to Europe, that things will progress or to use LVG's word process quickly. Can't see RM wanting any possibility of De Gea playing a CL game for United, so they will lower the asking price for Ramos, give a bit more for De Gea and everyone is happy.
    De Gea is leaving anyway, be better get something for him.

I think you might be overlooking the possibility that United are happy for it to drag on as it helps them keep Dave while Real, who are not signing any big stars and discarded Casillas would like to look like the were held off Uniteds 'chase' of their new captain.

At his stage Ramos would probably have left if its what he really wanted. Much like Schweinsteiger, a strong personality would want his move to be done by now if his real intention was leaving.

On the general point about the Champions League, Real have used different keepers in the league and cups so they could do that again if they got Dave before the end of the window and after he was cup tied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

All the talk suggests that Rooney will be the striker and we may not sign any? His 20+ goal promise etc.

I have concerns still about midfield (age and new injury of Bastian), the inexperience of the other fella etc. Or defence is still weakesh.

I know there is still time to sign more but I don't know.

Ok, I go back to bed :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

py2006 wrote: »
    All the talk suggests that Rooney will be the striker and we may not sign any? His 20+ goal promise etc.

I have concerns still about midfield (age and new injury of Bastian), the inexperience of the other fella etc. Or defence is still weakesh.

We have the strongest midfield we've had for about 10 years, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger indirectly sure up the defence. Would love another cb and a striker, wouldn't be overly concerned if we didn't get another cb but if Di Maria leaves we need another attacking player

py2006 wrote: »

Schneiderlin is a hell of a long way past being inexperienced

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think you might be overlooking the possibility that United are happy for it to drag on as it helps them keep Dave while Real, who are not signing any big stars and discarded Casillas would like to look like the were held off Uniteds 'chase' of their new captain.

At his stage Ramos would probably have left if its what he really wanted. Much like Schweinsteiger, a strong personality would want his move to be done by now if his real intention was leaving.

On the general point about the Champions League, Real have used different keepers in the league and cups so they could do that again if they got Dave before the end of the window and after he was cup tied.

RM just got rid of club legend Iker Casillas, it would naturally take longer to move Ramos on, as he is much younger, a leader and Perez is moving out his critics, so Marca has been used to make out Ramos is a mercenary, not a Madridsta, greedy, all to soften up his departure...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

After the game today, i reckon LVG will announce a signing. I can feel it.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    After the game today, i reckon LVG will announce a signing. I can feel it.

I agree, but it will probably be Romero, who is supposed to be coming to watch the match. According to the reports in Spain this morning Barca want to wait until after the Supercups before they sell Pedro and LVG is willing to wait. That will after the 21st of August I think

I agree, but it will probably be Romero, who is supposed to be coming to watch the match. According to the reports in Spain this morning Barca want to wait until after the Supercups before they sell Pedro and LVG is willing to wait. That will after the 21st of August I think

Romero cant be any worse than Lindergaard, i swear the chap has no hands

According to the reports in Spain this morning Barca want to wait until after the Supercups before they sell Pedro and LVG is willing to wait. That will after the 21st of August I think

I thought Pedro had a release clause, in which case what Barca wants doesn't come hugely into it? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I can already sense Blind will be the scapegoat for any errors during the season.

• Advertisement

I thought Pedro had a release clause, in which case what Barca wants doesn't come hugely into it? :confused:

Thats how i thought they worked, unless were getting him for less?

I thought so too but apparently not
    His actual release clause announced by Barcelona when he signed a contract last month is €150m. I think though if he wanted a move, there may have been an oral agreement that he can go for €30m or so. This €30m also gets kicked in if he plays less than 60% of games he is available for.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/jordi-alba-and-pedro-rodriguez-sign-contract-extensions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

LvG has said that every player must fight for their place so where is the competition for Rooney's spot ?

Discodog wrote: »
    LvG has said that every player must fight for their place so where is the competition for Rooney's spot ?

Hernandez and Wilson.........here we go again

Sure look at Real Madrid, they only have 1 recognized proper striker in Benzema, hence why they got Hernandez on loan from us last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Anyone watch the Mutv prog about Saha's goals? A top class,technical finisher and a little under-appreciated in my opinion..........I think a player like him would be most cherished right about now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

twinex wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Mutv prog about Saha's goals? A top class,technical finisher and a little under-appreciated in my opinion..........I think a player like him would be most cherished right about now.

If he wasn't such a sick note, he would have ripped the PL up every season. Excellent striker. Movement, Great header of the ball, play of the shoulder and was ok at holding the ball up... he could finish really well too.

What a partnership this could have been!
    _41512014_saha416.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

twinex wrote: »

When fit Saha was top class,great first touch and a great finisher,pity injuries ruined him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Saha's skill was easy to appreciate, his injuries ruined him so his career never hit its full potential

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Trilla wrote: »
    If he wasn't such a sick note, he would have ripped the PL up every season. Excellent striker. Movement, Great header of the ball, play of the shoulder and was ok at holding the ball up... he could finish really well too.

What a partnership this could have been!
    _41512014_saha416.jpg

Ah hear stop :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Looking forward to the game 2night. Havnt been able to watch the other 2 friendlies. We seem to play Barca every year in pre season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Shane St. wrote: »
    Looking forward to the game 2night. Havnt been able to watch the other 2 friendlies. We seem to play Barca every year in pre season

only on MUTV? :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement