Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Following on from the kids shows and Biggie tangent :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

I watched that biggie clip, then saw this on the side on youtube, which also gave me a giggle...

Slightly (ridiculously) off-topic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

It would be brilliant to get Schneiderlin in before we leave for the tour. Himself and Depay could get themselves bedded in nice and early.

Let's hope we get the deal over the line this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Goal, of all the sites I would listen to they are so bottom of the pile you find hell first.

They've put a lot of money into staffing recently, to improve the info gathering side of the business. I'm not sure where they rate now overall, but I've been told there are one or two on their staff that would be respected, and if their name is on the piece it is a story that has legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

bangkok wrote: »
    Goal saying the rvp deal is being held up as he wants a €17m payoff from united the last year of his contract basically!!

That sounds like the biggest load of clickbait ever.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

there should be a few websites blacklisted from being mentioned on this forum. goal, metro, bleacher report etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

havent gone near goal since it gave my computer viruses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

If goal really are recruiting more reputable names, they should rebrand the thing too. They're quite rightly regarded as a joke....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

magnumbud wrote: »
    havent gone near goal since it gave my computer viruses

Goal.....yeah right.We all know what you were looking at:p

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/618063581586829312

Now it appears that Casillas' move to Porto WILL NOT go ahead. Madrid reject Porto's proposal+will not meet the 7M euros of player's salary

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/618063581586829312

Now it appears that Casillas' move to Porto WILL NOT go ahead. Madrid reject Porto's proposal+will not meet the 7M euros of player's salary

all in the space of 55minutes and people say Goal is a bad website :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Next it will be "When RVP wanted to leave united he, but wait till you see the reaction of what this fan did behind him"

CLICK HERE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/618068804149579776

He'll probably still leave,he wants to.All they need to do now is let Ramos go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Alternatively, thats a sign that they are simply repeating the information they are being given. If they had made the story up wholesale they wouldn't be recanting it 45 minutes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Next it will be "When RVP wanted to leave united he, but wait till you see the reaction of what this fan did behind him"

CLICK HERE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

See how much top premier man utd player wants to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

utdreport.com ‏@UtdReport

#mufc already have agreed personal terms with Sergio Ramos. He will earn €55m over five seasons. [as]

https://twitter.com/UtdReport/status/618034449842872320
    Most likely BS but who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sure Euro be worth nothing soon

#welldoneaEd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

They've put a lot of money into staffing recently, to improve the info gathering side of the business. I'm not sure where they rate now overall, but I've been told there are one or two on their staff that would be respected, and if their name is on the piece it is a story that has legs.

Can you give us in an indication of who the reputable staff are. Goal is absolute garbage from what I have seen over the years and I dont think they will ever change. Its all about the clicks!

sky bet have opened betting on schneiderlin to united again and moved him to united from 1-12 to 1-4

bullvine wrote: »
    When we flying to US?

Bullvine, have something to tell you but I'm not sure how.

tmrrUt7.jpg

ElChe32 wrote: »
    tumblr_ne48exAXMj1r2en1ko3_400.gif

That's one of the greatest things I've seen in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't think this Koeman quote was posted earlier.
    "Two weeks ago we had a bid from United but it was not the bid we expected," Koeman told BBC Radio Solent.
    "It wasn't serious and no bids today."

So Utd bid two weeks ago and haven't followed up since. What are they waiting for? Have they moved on to other targets?

Clearly Utd don't feel they need to rush anything given the current pace of action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

TheTownie wrote: »

So Utd bid two weeks ago and haven't followed up since. What are they waiting for? Have they moved on to other targets?

Clearly Utd don't feel they need to rush anything given the current pace of action.

Or you could read between the lines and say Koeman is telling everyone Schneiderlin is available for a certain price and hes trying to start a bidding war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

I am sure LVG and ED have set a value on the player and other targets and are not interested in getting overvalued players like previously. I am sure they will reach an agreement on the fee if the players heart is on a move as at the end of the day contracts mean nothing and the player always gets his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheTownie wrote: »

This came out last week from sky its not really much of an update only it has came from the horses mouth instead of sky sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

LeeJM wrote: »
    Or you could read between the lines and say Koeman is telling everyone Schneiderlin is available for a certain price and hes trying to start a bidding war.

Clubs talk to each other and to the agents involved. Anyone interested in Schneiderlin in well aware of the situation. They don't rely on statements to the press for updates on a player's availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/615597924517548032

Recycling old news as breaking.
    Ramos tells Real Madrid he wants to leave to join United.

Apologies, it came up top on twitter for some reason.

I should go to bed early tonight and get some sleep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

RobertKK wrote: »

That tweet youve posted is from a week ago

Tippex wrote: »
    That tweet youve posted is from a week ago

Yes I just noticed. It appears as being 6 hours old on my twitter feed for some reason but then I saw the date after posting.

3 weeks since I updated the players we have been linked too. If any missing let me know. New names below in bold

Hummels
    Reus
    Gundogan
    Dante
    Robben
    Muller
    Kevin De Bruyne
    Schweinsteiger
    Ronaldo
    Bale
    Coentrao
    Varane
    Benzema
    Ramos
    Miranda
    Otamendi
    Koke
    Godin
    Alves
    Clyne
    Schneiderlin
    Sterling
    Kane
    Ings
    Coleman
    Vlaar
    Cavaini
    Lacazette
    Cech
    Begovic
    Lloris
    Pogba
    Vidal
    Nainggolan
    Strootman
    Anderson
    Dybala
    Gaitan
    Carvalho
    Firmino
    Higuain
    laporte
    Cillessen
    Stones

Lakuku
    Fabinho
    Pene
    Boateng
    Marquinhos
    Bacca
    Biglia
    Darmian
    De Vrij[\B]

53 if I can count.

• Advertisement

Apologies, it came up top on twitter for some reason.

I should go to bed early tonight and get some sleep...

Sky and a few others going all-in on Gundogs a month ago and nothing happening is proof that they know even less than Jon Snow. I'm really at the point now where unless it's from the club's official page/twitter, it's just another piece of shít thrown at a wall that's already covered in shít.

Edit: Just seen that the tweet is a week old, but my point still stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

How some people view ed and his buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sky saying United will listen to offers for Rafael

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hope United are not waiting on Schweinsteiger before going for Schneiderlin again, a player like the latter is needed regardless.

They are hardly worried Southampton would sign Uniteds back up to Schweinsteiger plan if they gave them money for Schneiderlin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Hococop wrote: »

How some people view ed and his buying

It's a bit off topic I suppose but I'll pretend its about how our negotiations are going :P you mention haggle you have to think of this.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I hope United are not waiting on Schweinsteiger before going for Schneiderlin again, a player like the latter is needed regardless.

They are hardly worried Southampton would sign Uniteds back up to Schweinsteiger plan if they gave them money for Schneiderlin?

All gone quiet on Schweinsteiger, he probably doesn't want to move.
    Impossible to get a German to play for United...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

All gone quiet on Schweinsteiger, he probably doesn't want to move.
    Impossible to get a German to play for United...

Odd we never had one really.

Zieler and Neumyar(?) played for the reserves in recent years. Pity we didnt keep Zieler in hindsight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Trond wrote: »
    Odd we never had one really.

Zieler and Neumyar(?) played for the reserves in recent years. Pity we didnt keep Zieler in hindsight

Yeah he's gone on to be very good and is still young!

Lack of German, Italians and you could have said Spanish up to few years ago, is quiet evident at United down the years for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Turan gone to Barca.
    Graham Hunter on twitter.
    Can't play till January.

Scratch him off the list Kew.

https://twitter.com/BumperGraham/status/618133233818054656

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Few pics from Training - focused on the new man!

11693965_10153087889772746_2950502267631764280_n.jpg?oh=970259dd41ec77f0ce82caa16daf06dc&oe=5614474F

11403495_10153087889717746_739181263587861870_n.jpg?oh=b5eb4b15c8efb149767945c1da0acc51&oe=56139458

11701119_10153087889752746_5202110786761479358_n.jpg?oh=25329220efa4dabb1dd4ffa1354b31f7&oe=5626470A

11659238_10153087889762746_8472907041896912053_n.jpg?oh=f6119e6e950427d44bbf27454ef58f3d&oe=5612D0A1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Depay 26? Shinji :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Depay certainly has the right physique for the premier league. Strength and speed are a very handy combination to have. Can't wait to see how he gets on for us this season :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Quandary wrote: »
    Depay certainly has the right physique for the premier league. Strength and speed are a very handy combination to have. Can't wait to see how he gets on for us this season :)

depay reminds me of hazard. hopefully he will be as good

those are some mutton chops on depay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Good luck to Naan Bread (Nani) on his move to Turkey!! Different environment where I believe he will flourish. Questions will be asked whether he will be happy with his utd career? Of course he will be happy.. endless amount of trophies where he played his part.. However, knowing Nani as I do, I do believe he would have wanted more games & to have influenced more consistently during his United tenure!

He was blessed with lots of attributes, having the tools to match most in the world - pace, power in both feet, skill, strength...I could go on. It's one thing having all that it's another putting it all together....week in week out! There aren't many that do and there is the thing that separates Messi & ronaldo from the next tier of Suarez, Neymar, Zlatan etc. Don't get me wrong those are world class players as well but there is tiers with how consistently they produce moments of defining brilliance and it goes on n on thru the tiers of players! A key attribute for any world class player is decision making, when to dribble, when to shoot and when to pass. The players in the top tiers get them decisions right more often than not.

What category Nani sits in now is hard to judge as he hasn't played for man utd for a long time. He produced wonder moments back in Portugal but I have not seen much of him consistently at sporting. For me he had all the attributes to have been in the 2nd n 3rd tiers easily.

Of all the players I've played with during my career, if I wanted someone to beat someone 1 vs 1 & it was do or die he would have been one of my first picks for sure. He can go either way, off either foot, tricky & lightening quick - a defenders nightmare!
    There was always going to be comparisons between him and Ronaldo due to the fact they were from Portugal and Lisbon. When he first joined, it would have been great for him to have Ronaldo there for him to learn and adapt - how to train, manage yourself on & off the pitch etc. However the downside to the comparisons came expectation, which is a hard thing to deal with for most especially at a club like Manchester United.

I wish my mate well on his new adventure & I'm sure he will produce moments of excitement & brilliance for his new team & set of fans. Good luck Naan Bread!

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/618141525139148800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Adnan giving him the evil eye:)

Depay 26? Shinji :(

Wont be his final number id imagine he will have a different number when squad numbers are announced for new season which will be closer to August.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Adnan giving him the evil eye:)

It was a bit of a "who the fcuk do you think you are look"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rio hinting at what many have said about Nani. Incredible ability, just lacking in some of the mental parts that separate good from great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

The more I see about Turan to Barca the stranger it gets.

Apparently the interim management team signed him. The new president can resell him to Athletie/cancel the deal and Barcelona have that right until the 20th of July.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement