Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

FYP

Merci beaucoup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jayo26 wrote: »
    Stop now your been childish and cringeworthy....... Get a grip.

No he isn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mutv is so so cringy its so scripted cant bear to listen to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Crowd was 68,416 not a bad turn out.

Trilla wrote: »
    No he isn't

Oh yes he is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If Januzaj gets the game time, I think he could have a breakthrough season as a striker, and get into double figures for goals scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Johnston has impressed me so far. Would be ideal to see him playing in the League Cup and FA Cup runs, and maybe the odd League game if an injury surfaces.

zerks wrote: »
    Fox gave Rooney MOTM,jaysus.Apart from the goal he wasn't great and had the touch of an elephant a lot of the time.

Darmian is my man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Stop now your been childish and cringeworthy....... Get a grip.

No.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    If Januzaj gets the game time, I think he could have a breakthrough season as a striker, and get into double figures for goals scored.

He did well tonight but wasnt great the first two games but if he continues to improve it will be all good.

RichFTW wrote: »
    No.

Haha im only tugboating ya mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Darmian is my man of the match.

Depay a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Young and Shaw combined well,some serious pace down that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

ah now lets not get carried away, would just like to see him get more game time this year and hopefully see some improvement with more experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Sky's description of the 3rd goal:
    "Just as we brace ourselves for a grandstand finish, Adnan Januzaj settles the contest. An aimless punt up field baffles Bartra who stumbles and hands possession to Januzaj in the Barca area. The United winger makes no mistake in slotting the ball home from close range. Game, set and match United!"
    Hardly an "aimless punt up field", and Bartra didn't hand him possession, Januzaj was on the ball.

• Advertisement

He did well tonight but wasnt great the first two games but if he continues to improve it will be all good.

I don't like Januzaj played as a winger, but I do as a striker, a bit like Rooney in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Have to agree with people on Darmian. He looks like a proper right back. If we can keep himself and Shaw fit we should be sorted!

chips1234 wrote: »
    ah now lets not get carried away, would just like to see him get more game time this year and hopefully see some improvement with more experience.

We will see... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Quandary wrote: »
    Have to agree with people on Darmian. He looks like a proper right back. If we can keep himself and Shaw fit we should be sorted!

You mad bro, he is only back up to Tony V

:D

I don't like Januzaj played as a winger, but I do as a striker, a bit like Rooney in that regard.

He needs to find his feet somewhere one thing i will say is he showed great speed and control tonight i just hope keeps it up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Sky's description of the 3rd goal: "Just as we brace ourselves for a grandstand finish, Adnan Januzaj settles the contest. An aimless punt up field baffles Bartra who stumbles and hands possession to Januzaj in the Barca area. The United winger makes no mistake in slotting the ball home from close range. Game, set and match United!" Hardly an "aimless punt up field", and Bartra didn't hand him possession, Januzaj was on the ball.

Indeed. What a load of tosh that description is. It was a long pass forward that Adnan controlled very well to take past the defender and slot the ball home.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Haha im only tugboating ya mate.

Ha ha I was wondering alright as you seem to have a sense of humour! Had an abusive reply ready but said I'd test out the waters just in case you were being sarcastic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fox gave Rooney MOTM,jaysus.Apart from the goal he wasn't great and had the touch of an elephant a lot of the time.

Considering one of his "strongest" attributes that people always refer to is his "putting in a shift and tracking back", he seems to struggle once he leaves the front line.

Really wish we could get one of those shock collars you can get for animals, and make it that if he leaves the opposition box, it shocks him :pac: When he stays in the box, he can be a superb poacher and target man, and we've got the team to supply him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

We will see... :)

i'd love it to happen don't get me wrong, but there's plenty of time for him to bang in loads of goals, get him gametime, more experience in the side first though and we should hopefully see him come on leaps and bounds, think he needs to bulk up a little bit too if im being honest.

astradave wrote: »
    You mad bro, he is only back up to Tony V

:D

He'll have to work on his smashing the ball against defenders shins to compete with Tony.

RichFTW wrote: »
    Ha ha I was wondering alright as you seem to have a sense of humour! Had an abusive reply ready but said I'd test out the waters just in case you were being sarcastic.

Weird sense of humour would be better description. Should of kept it going or a bit then i was in mood for narky fight haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Chelsea V PSG live on Sky now for anyone that's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Chelsea V PSG live on Sky now for anyone that's interested.

Lets scout the opposition for out next game.

I was wondering how Chelsea were getting on. They were schooled by a NY Red Bulls youth side the other day. Cheers for letting us know.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Lets scout the opposition for out next game.

23 minutes in and zlatans ponytail looks neat and tidy still we should sign him up.

Just got a goal too,

• Advertisement

sigmundv wrote: »
    I was winding how Chelsea were getting on. They were schooled by a NY Red Bulls youth side the other day. Cheers for letting us know.

1 nill psg

jayo26 wrote:
    1 nill psg

Perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Falcao on bench for Chelsea, be interesting to see how he gets on if he gets gametime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

"Manchester United Refuse to Talk to Me" - Jamie Jackson

Probably is a little bit more accurate of a headline tbf. But, I do believe AdM is off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If he leaves, he leaves. That break in was horrific and if he and his family want to move, then I'm happy to see him go. It's a case of what if because he did next to nothing last year and Young was far better than him all year.

LVG is praising Adnan non stop in the press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think we're gonna do the quintuple

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

should trade di maria for lucas

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If he leaves, he leaves. That break in was horrific and if he and his family want to move, then I'm happy to see him go. It's a case of what if because he did next to nothing last year and Young was far better than him all year.

He's not the first or last player to be broken into,I've a feeling his family see Paris as more attractive than Manchester and the break in is the perfect excuse.

If he does well in France,we'll be criticised but in fairness Ligue 1 is pretty shite with only 3 decent teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He's not the first or last player to be broken into,I've a feeling his family see Paris as more attractive than Manchester and the break in is the perfect excuse.

If he does well in France,we'll be criticised but in fairness Ligue 1 is pretty shite with only 3 decent teams.

It will be the jekyll and Hyde show wherever he goes. We get close to 50m for him it's great business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Di Maria as good as gone now.
    Didn't fly in to the states as expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Quandary wrote: »
    Anyone else think aside from his goal, Rooney was fairly average? I thought his control was a bit loose and his movement wasn't very sharp. Took his goal well and I suppose that's his job if he's the main man up front but I'd like to see him looking a lot sharper come the start of the season.
    Rooney gonna Rooney. :p
    Media gonna media. :p

Trilla wrote: »
    It will be the jekyll and Hyde show wherever he goes. We get close to 50m for him it's great business

Apparently the price quoted that we paid included bonuses and add-ons,I doubt any of them will kick in if he's off.We'll probably break even and that'll be decent business but of course the usual sniping will say we made a loss on a flop (who only came 2nd to Hazard for assists)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

adox wrote: »
    Di Maria as good as gone now.
    Didn't fly in to the states as expected.

Rumours that he's in New York to do a medical for PSG.

Rojo had passport issues, a bit like Paddy Crerand...

Rojo had passport issues, a bit like Paddy Crerand...

Paddys passport was grand he had a slight bother with been arrested and a visa haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Paddys passport was grand he had a slight bother with been arrested and a visa haha

Yep he ticked the box saying he had been arrested before by mistake, so didn't get his Visa, would have been too much trouble to try sort it out in time so he just stayed behind :pac: typical Paddy tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement