Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You'd think he'd have waited until after the game with PSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

RobertKK wrote: »
    LVG has taken over the team, saw a garden that was very fruitful but that had become overgrown, too many weeds among the plants he wanted, bought a plant he thought would be good, but found it didn't match so replacing it with something more suited to what is needed.

Gardeners World: Man Utd edition. Monty Don would be delighted with that annalogy:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am so pleased that we have LvG. He's ignoring the media, all the other "experts" & just focussing on getting a balanced side that understands the system. He won't tolerate prima donnas, won't get involved in politics etc. He is exactly the right manager for us during this rebuilding stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

why you looking back and focusing on what he didnt give us as oppossed to looking at the fact that he is a world class player who needs some time to settle and on his day, he can be a true world class match winner for us?

Because whether the fans like it or not, it's clear he wants to go, and it looks like he never seemed all that bothered about us in the first place.

A lot of the chatter last year was PSG was his preferred destination, and we got him simply cause we were the only ones who could afford him. While I think everyone wants world class players and can agree he is, on his day, incredible, there's little point sitting round pondering what could have been. It's easier, and far healthier, to just work with what is actually happening.

He wants to go, his attitude hasn't been stellar, so **** it, we move on. No point moping about it. It didn't work out, these things don't. We can spin hypothetical all day, but it achieves very little in the grand scheme of things.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/omldzamani/status/625252781780131840

Apparently United did not want to sell and he put in a transfer request!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When looking at his time last season its worth considering ADM arrived late, was disrupted by injury, his family did have a bad experience so the way he appeared not to settle is possibly more to do with those things than lack of interest.

If he is going a major part of it will be United wanting to move him on, we can't just assume its all Di Maria. Van Gaal is more than capable of concluding, no, he is not what I want for my team. United would have known a deal to move him on would be possible with PSG.

Di Maria would also know his preferred option from last summer was possible again so can't blame him for moving if he had any inkling Van Gaal didn't have full faith in him or it was better for his family.

If you're so interested, here's the tables for the ICC with a single game to go.

EQaPhlW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

fair enough if he wants to go, let him go but lets not kid ourselves into brushing it under the carpet and saying its not bad for the club that he is leaving us - we not exactly flooding our first 11 with world class recognised players and here is one of the only ones leaving. its a blow to our season plans, no matter what spin anybody puts on it.

It's not a blow. If we recoup and buy a cb and striker then happy days.

He's not world class, he was inconsistent at Real. He's a very good player who shows up now and again. Replaceable? Sure what are we trying to replace? A novelty half assed uninterested jekl and hyde somewhat weak winger\attacking mid who started fück all of the second half of the season.

He doesn't want to play for us and\or live in England...That's not a spin or brushing it under the carpet. He moaned and moped around towards the end of last season. Maybe Ligue 1 will be more kinder to his precious skiny ankles.

Signing for psg mid pre season before we play them, poor timing. Not getting on the plane if you believe the reports isn't exactly professional is it?

We need players that want to play for us and the manager...and look like they're a good fit for the league. I thought Falcao might be one, that one was a surprise. The four we brought in seem to suit the PL. I'm sure they will.

Bye Di Maria. I'm disappointed that you failed to prove me wrong. Go sulk in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I agree he was ****e but talk about outrageous statements. Nearly a decade of unbelievable seasons for Benfica and Madrid and suddenly after one(half) a season in England he suddenly decides to show his real self and be crap?

Di Maria actually could've done pretty well in the EPL but would've been better off somewhere like Arsenal IMO. But sure too late for him now, he'll be glad to leave but if I was him I'd feel I let myself down big time.

Now thats outrageous. He was not unbelievable for a decade. In La Liga he was very hot and cold. It looked like he was only interested in giving it his max during the El Classicos at times. I know a lot of Madrid fans who were frustrated with him.

The thing is, he looked so bad, very ameturish. Madrid stomp all over the 15 or so weaker La Liga teams with ease but in the EPL every game is a battle. AMD looked like he couldn't handle the battle and motivate himself for the fight that each game involved. A lot of the time he looked like a youth team prospect rushed into the first team too early. I don't think he was going to go from that kind of struggle to being world class in his second season. He would have continued to find it hard.

Whether the break in messed with his head or not is another story. Maybe he felt unsafe in the city and was very unhappy. That is bound to effect your work also.

He was a poor player and now we see his poor attitude. All the hype and price tags mean nothing. He didn't preform, wants out, so ship him out and lets move on.

• Advertisement

why you looking back and focusing on what he didnt give us as oppossed to looking at the fact that he is a world class player who needs some time to settle and on his day, he can be a true world class match winner for us?

Were looking at that because its the reality of the situation. He was extremely poor. There is no point dreaming about scenarios where he might be world class next season. Its fantasy land. He was poor all season for us so much so he was relegated to an impact sub position within the squad and rightly so.

Saying he is world class is meaningless. He was not world class for us. He was overhyped and the world class tag should be re-evaluated.

Silva and Ronnie showed more promise in terms of preformance and attitude in their first seasons in the EPL.

Right now ADM leaving doesn't impact us at all due to how badly he played. The papers will make a big deal out of it because of the Marquee name. The reality is different though, he was so far away from being world class standard that it impacts our strenght very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Now that Di Maria is basically gone, I really hope we get PSG in the champions league so Jones can bottle over Di Maria's skinny shins.

Now that Di Maria is basically gone, I really hope we get PSG in the champions league so Jones can bottle over Di Maria's skinny shins.

Don't even need to wait that long given they are our next pre-season game :P

Were looking at that because its the reality of the situation. He was extremely poor. There is no point dreaming about scenarios where he might be world class next season. Its fantasy land. He was poor all season for us so much so he was relegated to an impact sub position within the squad and rightly so.

Saying he is world class is meaningless. He was not world class for us. He was overhyped and the world class tag should be re-evaluated.

Silva and Ronnie showed more promise in terms of preformance and attitude in their first seasons in the EPL.

Right now ADM leaving doesn't impact us at all due to how badly he played. The papers will make a big deal out of it because of the Marquee name. The reality is different though, he was so far away from being world class standard that it impacts our strenght very little.

I would agree with all this. I think it's good business for Utd and with Depay and hopefully Pedro signed I think there's more than adequate replacements in the squad for him. People have talked about playing him centrally? Well again I think with Schweinerlin and Herrera again that's covered.

It's this simple for me - if he doesn't want to be there then just get as much money as possible for him. I know Utd have made a loss overall but so be it.

Something I don't understand from yesterday's game is whenever Jones would put in a bad tackle or harsh tackle everyone complains that he is a bad defender and he doesn't know how to defend/tackle and that we should replace him. But a player such as Vidic or Ramos puts in those type of players, people commend how 'stuck in' they are and how there such 'tanks.'

All the defenders yesterday apart from Valencia had a pretty good game.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Don't even need to wait that long given they are our next pre-season game :P

Oh that would be fantastic but unlikely he will play.

29 league goals in 8 years for Benfica and Real... Surprised at that low figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Something I don't understand from yesterday's game is whenever Jones would put in a bad tackle or harsh tackle everyone complains that he is a bad defender and he doesn't know how to defend/tackle and that we should replace him. But a player such as Vidic or Ramos puts in those type of players, people commend how 'stuck in' they are and how there such 'tanks.'

Jones is great at defending for the most part. You can't fault him for bravery or putting his body in the way. The biggest issue I had with him yesterday was his ball playing when we were in our own box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Di Maria and Rojo didn't board the plane to the US. Rojo had passport issues but no reason is known for Di Maria missing it. Strange seeing as the next match is PSG, might be he doesn't want to go there perhaps.

McNair looked a little shaky, but I'm nitpicking there.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Jones is great at defending for the most part. You can't fault him for bravery or putting his body in the way. The biggest issue I had with him yesterday was his ball playing when we were in our own box.

I agree, that ball playing in the box against Barca was ridiculous and we nearly paid the price. But that wasn't just Jones, a couple of the other players were kicking it around there too

Di Maria and Rojo didn't board the plane to the US. Rojo had passport issues but no reason is known for Di Maria missing it. Strange seeing as the next match is PSG, might be he doesn't want to go there perhaps.

Oh the Rojo passport stories are true? For some reason I thought it was a piss take

Looking at those tweets about AMD not getting on the plane and VG's comments about it and I think this could have been blown out of proportion by the press.

Rojo had visa/passport issues and was not allowed to fly. Di Maria may just have stayed back to wait so they can fly together.

Of course the press have gone nuts on it and we see tweets of ADM asking for a transfer and a deal with PSG is imminent but thats press momentum for you, they are leading with this story hard.

There is a chance there is nothing in this bar the press sh1t stirring.

Trilla wrote: »
    Oh the Rojo passport stories are true? For some reason I thought it was a piss take

Imagine if Di Maria convince Rojo to not board the plane and to transfer to a different club. There would be riots against the man :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

As Irwin said its not about making a tackle, it's about knowing when to make the right tackle and Ramos and vidic know when to make a tackle Jones doesn't at all.

The way Irwin said it made me think he doesn't rate Jones to highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Looking at those tweets about AMD not getting on the plane and VG's comments about it and I think this could have been blown out of proportion by the press.

Rojo had visa/passport issues and was not allowed to fly. Di Maria may just have stayed back to wait so they can fly together.

Of course the press have gone nuts on it and we see tweets of ADM asking for a transfer and a deal with PSG is imminent but thats press momentum for you, they are leading with this story hard.

There is a chance there is nothing in this bar the press sh1t stirring.

Ya I kinda alluded to this earlier all be it a bit sarcastically but no one has a clue what is going on bar the lads didnt get on the plane and LVG didnt know why Di Maria didnt.

Now Di Maria is refusing to show, putting in transfer requests it's funny people keep getting sucked into stuff, when its all here say stuff at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Appropriate add, Januzaj getting a different number?

8c252a8ca1977c11565fd0e2ec4d9005.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Presuming ADM is going the big focus should be on how well we use his transfer fee to strengthen the squad....not necessarily a like for like replacement...Memphis may do that already.
    Would like to see it spent to entice Pedro and go part ways to getting Otamendi.....and it should give us better chance of going back again for likes of Muller or Benzema upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

PSG owned by slave owners, a disgusting club to move to, I just hope we trash them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I read the Di Maria and Rojo story on Eurosport.yahoo.com The only player to report for duty was Chicharito.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I think we should steer clear of Otamendi. something about Argentinian players in England.

I read the Di Maria and Rojo story on Eurosport.yahoo.com The only player to report for duty was Chicharito.
    Great to see him back!

CKx_4lrUwAADNKI.jpg

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I think we should steer clear of Otamendi. something about Argentinians.

Rojo says hi250026718.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Appropriate add, Januzaj getting a different number?

11 is Bale's number...I would expect a big name signing if Di Maria is off so you never know. He would be my dream signing anyway.

Darmian against Barca. Lots of interceptions and great pace. Looks like a very solid player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think we should steer clear of Otamendi. something about Argentinians.

Jesus Christ.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

adox wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.....

Nope he was from Palestine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

RichFTW wrote: »
    11 is Bale's number...I would expect a big name signing if Di Maria is off so you never know. He would be my dream signing anyway.

7 is Ronaldos, Di Maria leaving frees it straight away.

Januzaj, Lingard & Periera against Barca. Some nice interchanges here. I hope they get some first team action this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Can we not retcon Di Maria because of a possible bullcrap story in the media? It's hard to look a world beater coming off the bench in (imo) not your best position late in games that United are either in control of or pushing for a goal. He had a few bad periods but his quality in relation to output and crossing ability over Young was quite high. Plenty of times he found a player with a lovely ball in that was missed or fluffed one way or the other and his assist total is far more impressive. He would have been very important this season and still could be if this story is bull.

Anyway, probably just another name to add to the Argentinian curse at United. I wonder what Rojo will do to fùck himself up in our eyes? :p

• Advertisement

Remember that CASILLERO DEL DIABLO add with Rooney and Evra UTD did a few years back.

Well weve done another, and its pure cringe :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunited/videos/10153127709377746/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Darmian against Barca. Lots of interceptions and great pace. Looks like a very solid player.

darmian was very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Januzaj, Lingard & Periera against Barca. Some nice interchanges here. I hope they get some first team action this season.

Wasnt it a Wilson/Blackett 1 - 2 that set up one of the goals aswell?

The young lads are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Remember that CASILLERO DEL DIABLO add with Rooney and Evra UTD did a few years back.

Well weve done another, and its pure cringe :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunited/videos/10153127709377746/

Must be powerful stuff that Casillero del Diablo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rojo says hi250026718.jpg

I see your rojo and i raise you Aguero and zabeleta :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sorry but United would have killed the Di Maria stories if they were not interested in selling him. Same with RVP, they were happy enough to let the rumours to drift along so when it happened the fans were used to the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Stick another 40m on top of whatever we get for Di Maria and try for Bale. Be a great signing if we could pull it off. He'd be fairly sure of finishing his career at Utd unlike a certain Spanish keeper who's just happy to run down his contract and f**k off apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Sounds like an LFC thread of late, knifes quickly drawn for a departing player. It's a shame he wants to leave but until otherwise told I'm going to assume it's for personal reasons and not footballing reason.

We definitely shouldn't be happy about losing world class talent, which he unquestionably is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm sad to see Di Maria leaving. He was quality when he arrived. Thought a second season would've done him wonders, especially after his Copa performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Rubbish, he tore up the league in his first month or two.

Jaysus lads can we not go there just because he's off, ADM is not a poor player and il say again it's a very LFC type carry on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement