Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

A vine of Depay in training today...

https://twitter.com/MUFCScoop/status/618118981526908928

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

stankratz wrote: »

that touch, exceptional

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

stankratz wrote: »

If he keeps that up we're a shoe in for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Those pics are encouraging for Rooney. Looks like he kept himself in good shape over the summer.

Depay is a unit as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Unbelievable tekkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Depay is a unit as well.

I dunno, he is looking a bit fat!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I want to see a Arm Wrestling match between Depay and Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/Memphis/status/618147620419149824

Hopefully these 2 strike up a good partnership on the left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Memphis and Shaw seem to be getting along. Cute :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Memphis and Shaw seem to be getting along. Cute :D

Could be a good partnership down the left wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Any shots of DDG today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Julez wrote: »
    Any shots of DDG today?

tumblr_lz19lbYYGJ1r5ykeq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Julez wrote: »
    Any shots of DDG today?

https://vine.co/v/enMiVlvZ2HQ

Agent Herrera on the case.

Choo motherfúckin choo!!

VG with the stare of Death.

• Advertisement

Nobody noticed Moyesy sneak back into Carrington

Nobody noticed Moyesy sneak back into Carrington

shudder.gif

from Koemans embargoed presser

https://twitter.com/alex_crook/status/618170438582173696

And basically saying that Schneiderlin is gone, they have a list to replace him

https://twitter.com/alex_crook/status/618171408129097728

The Teasing in getting Morgan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

3 clubs have bids in for the Italian right back, his future will be decided on or before Sunday the chairman said

If we could get that and Schneiderlin done before the tour things would look a lot better

• Advertisement

3 clubs have bids in for the Italian right back, his future will be decided on or before Sunday the chairman said

If we could get that and Schneiderlin done before the tour things would look a lot better

Will be interesting to see if Schneiderlin gets on the plane tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What will the fee be for Schneiderlan do ye reckon ?What fee was turned down ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    What will the fee be for Schneiderlan do ye reckon ?What fee was turned down ?

The reported fee was 20m that was turned down, most places reporting that 25m will probably get him, i reckon Southampton are asking for a little bit more than that at the moment, maybe 30. meet in the middle and be on the plane to the states come monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yep, it'd be a more comfortable wait for other signings if two of the more impoverished positions were sorted before the tour started.

I see few quotes from Juan Riquelme on Twitter saying his biggest regret was not signing for us back in 2006.

Poor guy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I see few quotes from Juan Riquelme on Twitter saying his biggest regret was not signing for us back in 2006.

Poor guy :)

Probably my favourite non-United player of all time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We are on a positivity train, I don't think we will get to the stage that was the Tour de France today...

https://twitter.com/dwuori/status/618174189493727232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »

Be great to get both those deals sorted in the coming days.2 problem areas sorted ,c'mon Ed get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

yabadabado wrote: »
    Be great to get both those deals sorted in the coming days.2 problem areas sorted ,c'mon Ed get it done.

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/618210814160465924

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Excited about this full back my friend is big into Italian football and says he is better than Coleman. Not seen him myself much but it sounds promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

see the telegraph published an article about Munich offering Robben, Muller and 20million for Di Maria.... based on a tweet from a fake account.

Scarlet for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

see the telegraph published an article about Munich offering Robben, Muller and 20million for Di Maria.... based on a tweet from a fake account.

Scarlet for them.

Was just about to say the same. Talking about lazy journalism.

Edit: Daily mail are also running with same story saying they quoting bild, Tha definitely dont make it any more credible.

Dimarzio is reporting that we have upped our bid to 18m euro with 2m add ons, from 15m. And that we have an agreement with the player, hopefully this is true and we get it done ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭KH25

Based on the links above its looking good lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Agent on it too.....

Well, obviously.

Darmian to cost €20 million, and he will get £48k a week after tax, 4 year deal is what is being reported/rumour.

Darmian--Smalling/Ramos--Otamendi--Shaw/Rojo/Blind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

RobertKK wrote: »
    Darmian--Smalling/Ramos--Otamendi--Shaw/Rojo/Blind

I like it, with 7 at the back there's no need for De Gea.

If United sign Otamendi, it will make it very hard for Real Madrid to look for £65 million for Ramos if they really want De Gea.
    United would be under no pressure to sell, given Ramos wouldn't be desperately needed.
    I still think United want two central defenders and getting a deal done for Otamendi, would lead to Real Madrid becoming more realistic with their price for Ramos, so they get De Gea.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I like it, with 7 at the back there's no need for De Gea.

:pac:

RobertKK wrote: »
    If United sign Otamendi, it will make it very hard for Real Madrid to look for £65 million for Ramos if they really want De Gea.
    United would be under no pressure to sell, given Ramos wouldn't be desperately needed.
    I still think United want two central defenders and getting a deal done for Otamendi, would lead to Real Madrid becoming more realistic with their price for Ramos, so they get De Gea.

I just can't see a scenario in which United pay 70million+ on centre backs this summer. Along with money, hopefully on a central midfielder and right back too - at a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Im now getting optimistic about a signing or two this week.

Damn you twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I just can't see a scenario in which United pay 70million+ on centre backs this summer. Along with money, hopefully on a central midfielder and right back too - at a minimum.

I can, take a look at our defensive injury record last season if we sign two world class center backs for 70 million its a no brainer but I still dont think we gonna get Ramos.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I can, take a look at our defensive injury record last season if we sign two world class center backs for 70 million its a no brainer but I still dont think we gonna get Ramos.

Just after signing Jones and Smalling up to new contracts, Rojo is still here (and no talk of him being sold). A couple of prospects in the youth sides that are well liked at the club. I just can't see us having 5 senior centre backs plus the younger lads.

After the central defense crisis last season, and with extra games, and the need to win our CL qualifier games, I can see United making sure we don't find ourselves in the same situation as last season, we will end up with just one extra defender when Evans is probably sold on.

Last season it does look like the weak defense/midfield area of the team stymied the offensive side of the team.
    Spending a lot on that section will strengthen the offense.

That said we will spend money on a player for the front three, striker/right wing player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This Di marzio bloke is usually very reliable.

Hopefully get it done soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Darmian
    Otamendi
    Schniederlin
    Would that keep people happy

I'd be happy enough with those 3 signings but still expect another 2 players to be signed depending on outgoings.. i.e. striker if chico and RVP go, Gk if De Gea goes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭KH25

After his injury I can't see Chico going.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement