Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I agree, that ball playing in the box against Barca was ridiculous and we nearly paid the price. But that wasn't just Jones, a couple of the other players were kicking it around there too

It's been pretty clear since this time last year though that the defenders have been instructed to do this. It's not the defenders' fault, it's how they're being told to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

beno619 wrote: »
    Rubbish, he tore up the league in his first month or two.

Jaysus lads can we not go there just because he's off, ADM is not a poor player and il say again it's a very LFC type carry on.

He tore up the league is a bit dillusional aswell!

He looked like he settled OK but he never set the league alight. I would be unhappy to see him go as I think he would have improved next season. His performances at the end of the season showed no fight in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

If Di Maria goes he goes. Hes not a major loss we did play well without him. Hard luck Angel. I hope we dont get people complaining during the year about how we "miss" him. He wasnt exactly indespensible. I'd just feel to him the same I felt about Forlan, Pique, Foster etc. Good player will have a good career didnt work out here so be it. He wasnt ****e but he wasnt great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sounds like an LFC thread of late, knifes quickly drawn for a departing player. It's a shame he wants to leave but until otherwise told I'm going to assume it's for personal reasons and not footballing reason.

We definitely shouldn't be happy about losing world class talent, which he unquestionably is.

I dont think its knifes been drawn for him most people are been realistic there is no point in saying he will be missed or he was a club legend the simple fact is united played some of their most consistent football last season when he wasnt a starter for us and he obviously don't want to stay.

I would of loved him to stay and prove himself but if he dont want to then now is the best time to cash in on him when we can still get a decent price for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jayo26 wrote: »
    I dont think its knifes been drawn for him most people are been realistic there is no point in saying he will be missed or he was a club legend the simple fact is united played some of their most consistent football last season when he wasnt a starter for us and he obviously don't want to stay.

I would of loved him to stay and prove himself but if he dont want to then now is the best time to cash in on him when we can still get a decent price for him.

Who's saying he's a club legend ?

I am hearing that he's a poor player, worse the Falcao,rubbish all season etc.

People are either trying to rewrite history or are talking ****e because he want to leave's for reason were not sure of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Jaysus lads can we not go there just because he's off, ADM is not a poor player and il say again it's a very LFC type carry on.

No he didn't that never happened. He never even had a great game for us.

Its not getting the knives out, its fact. Past October he did nothing for us.

Based on that he's no loss. If he stays, fine, I'll give him another season but right now it doesnt bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

LvG gave Di Maria plenty of support. This is from March.
    http://www.the42.ie/di-maria-needs-a-year-to-settle-1971650-Mar2015/

“I think it counts for all the players that we have bought in the first season it is always difficult,” he said.
    “I have explained that in the press conference after the match [against Sunderland] and you can see it through every player we have bought – [Luke] Shaw, [Daley] Blind, [Ander] Herrera, [Radamel] Falcao, also Di Maria.
    “For me it’s not a big surprise. It’s more a big surprise when he adapts as quickly as possible. [I experienced it] in the Netherlands, Spain, Germany.
    “I had the same experience with players so we have to give him time. I have already said not just about Di Maria but to all the players.
    “It [settling] depends on the individual. You have to manage all the aspects, the culture in the countries. The general answer is one year.”

No he didn't that never happened. He never even had a great game for us.

Its not getting the knives out, its fact. Past October he did nothing for us.

Based on that he's no loss. If he stays, fine, I'll give him another season but right now it doesnt bother me.

Like I said,people are talking ****e or rewriting history, its a little sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

People are either trying to rewrite history or are talking ****e because he want to leave's for reason were not sure of yet.

He was poor for the large majority of the season. We know he can play but he just didn't seem interested at all. When your chasing a game and trying to retain possession and then he comes on and gives away the ball 5 or 6 times in a row when a simple ball is on it kills a team. Fair enough he has had issues since he joined and understandably he wants to go and we should let him if he doesn't want to be here.

The only ones rewriting history are those with the sense of outrage that he will be a massive loss when a) he showed very little and struggled massively with the physical side of things, and b) doesn't want to be at the club/living in England.

We'll replace him and hopefully whoever does join wants to be at the club and settles better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Such a shame how it ended with Di Maria. Lot of expectations and failed miserably. I was very confident he would turn it around in the second season. Hopefully we sign player who fits with the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Like I said,people are talking ****e or rewriting history, its a little sad.

yep sad rewrites happening for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Not too fussed if Di Maria goes. He obviously doesn't want to be at the club. In the second half of the season it didn't look like he tried. As a poster already said, you could see how hard Falcao was working. That just never happened with ADM. Best for everyone to sell him (at the best price possible) and buy players we need with the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

One of the only consolation is that if I wanted him to leave to any club it would be PSG

Not much we can do. He wants to leave, we had try get good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

twinex wrote: »
    Mutv should produce a new program called "I'm a South American, Get me out of here!". Could get a couple of seasons out of it :D

Haha very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Rumours of a move for Stones starting to surface now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saw that. Some talks of Evans or Hernandez going the other way.

Also read a headlines this morning about Newcastle and West Brom putting in bids for Carrick :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

ADM money will be far better spent than keeping him on the bench and paying his wages. It didn't work out, move on.

Pedro would be a good signing works hard, fast, energetic and with plenty of experience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pedro would be a good signing works hard, fast, energetic and with plenty of experience.

Thought he looked very good during the match yesterday.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thought he looked very good during the match yesterday.

He's a class act. You don't play 300+ times for Barca in this era without being a seriously good player. If he can be had for 22m I think it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought 4 players for about £75 million and selling one for £45 million.

Net spend-wise, we should still have a lot to spend.

• Advertisement

Of course some people said he was rubbish thats their entitlement to judge him on the fact he cost us close to 60 million and got a return of 3 goals and ten assists.

I don't think di maria is a rubbish player i think he is quite good buy for the money we have invested in him and the fact that he doesnt want to be with united well then let him go and get most of our money back and buy someone that does want to play for us that dobt mean that i have the knifes out for him im just been realistic.

And to say he tore up the league is far from been realistic he had a few good performances but the only contribution of note in second half of season was his assist for mata at anfield.

Now all of a sudden Di Maria is rated as the player he should be by other club fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I like Stones and think he'll be a top CB but we need someone experienced I think, Reckon he'll end up at Chelsea anyway he seems to be their main target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Article about why Pedro would be a better fit than ADM for LvG, pretty good read.

http://www.squawka.com/news/pedro-angel-di-maria-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united/424627

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Saw that. Some talks of Evans or Hernandez going the other way.

Also read a headlines this morning about Newcastle and West Brom putting in bids for Carrick :eek:

Club turned down those bids straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Don't buy this Pedro talk. His name was never mentioned when people spoke of a team rebuilding, and now- suddenly we're "strongly" linked with him, now he's everything we're missing. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

How I'm feeling right now:

for ADM
    the-office-goodbye.gif

Quickly diminished by the thoughts of Pedro coming in
    anchorman.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

I have a feeling we are going to do something mental in the transfer window before it closes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Don't buy this Pedro talk. His name was never mentioned when people spoke of a team rebuilding, and now- suddenly we're "strongly" linked with him, now he's everything we're missing. I'll believe it when I see it.

Probably due to the fact that he had a 150m release cause and that he seemed to be ungettable, no one is saying he is everything we are missing, we are saying he would probably be a better fit to LVG's possession system. We are being strongly linked to him because he signed a new contract recently and Barca told him that they would allow him to leave for 30m if he wishes to and with ADM leaving, he suits what we need to bring in.

Love Darmian just for this alone.

2AD7675800000578-3174586-image-a-30_1437859106191.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I can't believe we're not being heavily linked with Reus..I wish we'd buy Reus..

I can't believe we're not being heavily linked with Reus..I wish we'd buy Reus..

Might end up similarly like Di Maria. He is used to fast tempo and counter attacking game, not sure how good he will when his attacking game will be restricted or for slow possession game.

Anyone have any theories on why depay is being played as a no10 and mata is still out wide

Of course some people said he was rubbish thats their entitlement to judge him on the fact he cost us close to 60 million and got a return of 3 goals and ten assists.

I don't think di maria is a rubbish player i think he is quite good buy for the money we have invested in him and the fact that he doesnt want to be with united well then let him go and get most of our money back and buy someone that does want to play for us that dobt mean that i have the knifes out for him im just been realistic.

And to say he tore up the league is far from been realistic he had a few good performances but the only contribution of note in second half of season was his assist for mata at anfield.

I understand where your coming from, he wasn't great in the second half of the season but anyone with half a brain wouldn't write him off as poor or rubbish regardless.

I said he tore up the league for the first month or two, which isn't an outrageous statement, go and have a look at highlights of our first couple of decent results at the start of last season.

Messi's buy out clause is 195m , it's pure fantasy thinking about it but at the same time it's not out of our reach with all the deals we have generating income and Addidas would love nothing more then to parade him in the new kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

zerks wrote: »

I posted the same thing a few posts up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

I have a feeling we are going to do something mental in the transfer window before it closes

I reckon Woody is going to put in a world record bid for Bale or Ronaldo to see what Reals response will be. Not too pissed of with ADM leaving. He just never produced the goods when he played. Hes too lightweight (could call him a pussy aswell) and his mentally was not up breaking his bollox for the team. Looked disinterested. Perhaps after the burglary his missus had her mind made up that she did not want to be in Manchester anymore and this has had a major influence on his decision to leave. I reckon PSG were his 1st preference a year ago but due to the FFP rules could not sign him. I am not sure about Pedro though. He could be the same. In the Spanish league you are afforded time and space and look a better player then you actually are. Greizmann from Athletico would be a better signing imo.

Messi's buy out clause is 195m , it's pure fantasy thinking about it but at the same time it's not out of our reach with all the deals we have generating income and Addidas would love nothing more then to parade him in the new kit

Where did u get that figure from? Last i heard it was over 500??

• Advertisement

Where did u get that figure from? Last i heard it was over 500??

€250m apparantly which is about £200m. It was widely reported beginning of year when he signed a new deal.

I understand where your coming from, he wasn't great in the second half of the season but anyone with half a brain wouldn't write him off as poor or rubbish regardless.

I said he tore up the league for the first month or two, which isn't an outrageous statement, go and have a look at highlights of our first couple of decent results at the start of last season.

I wouldnt write him off if he was happy but he seemingly aint happy so his never going to have his heart in it for the club and he would be worth much less then 30 mill next summer so in thst respect im happy for him to go.

If he came out and said i wnt to stay i want to prove myself at united well then id be delighted id say fantastic we have someone that wants to be here anhas potrntial to be world class.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    €250m apparantly which is about £200m. It was widely reported beginning of year when he signed a new deal.

Sign him up then so i seen him flirting with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anyone have any theories on why depay is being played as a no10 and mata is still out wide

LVG said in his presser after the match that he will be playing more of a wide formation

To me says more of a 433 with depay gone to left wing and young benched

It waso nice having someone like schneiderlin in midfild last night he broke up a lot of play ankept it simple from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

adidas-manchester-united-15-16-goalkeeper-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Home keeper kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Odd design on the neck of that jersey.

The Chevrolet logo alone doesn't bother me but the clash of gold on the logo with the yellow on the crest annoys me.

I'd welcome a redesign of the crest. Ed talked about it years ago and nothing has happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Article about why Pedro would be a better fit than ADM for LvG, pretty good read.

http://www.squawka.com/news/pedro-angel-di-maria-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united/424627
    Decent article, but I think it serves as a very good example of how stats can be manipulated somewhat to suit your argument.

Notice when the article tries to compare what DiMaria is better at that the graphic comparison ticks the box saying "show average per match".
    Di Maria played less matches than Pedro but actually more minutes so an average per game is going to be favourable for him.
    The article does the opposite by ticking the "show average per minute" box when trying to be favourable to Pedro.

Then the article also just picks random meaningless stats to add a bit of "substance" when really so much of it is arbitrary.
    Like when Valencia some how got added to the comparison they randomly pick "shot accuracy" just because Valencia comes out on top, but it's completely irrelevant. Valencia's 75% accuracy could translate as 6 shots out of 8 on target, where as the other 2 probably took 70 or 80 shots each (those figures are just plucked from thin air but I'm sure my point is clear).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

GSPfan wrote: »
    Odd design on the neck of that jersey.

The Chevrolet logo alone doesn't bother me but the clash of gold on the logo with the yellow on the crest annoys me.

I'd welcome a redesign of the crest. Ed talked about it years ago and nothing has happened yet.

The redesign was just to re add football club to the banners was it not.

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/destino-sera-premier-league-20150725.html

TLDR: Muller has fallen out with Pep,£56 million will see a deal done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bought 4 players for about £75 million and selling one for £45 million.

Net spend-wise, we should still have a lot to spend.

You would hope that's the case but it's hard to be sure. We may have been expecting Di Maria to be sold and spent the money already.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement