Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When I saw it on Twitter I read it as Ramos, I got excited all of 4 seconds.

What a come down, literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Feel sorry for him, he won't get much of a welcome seeing as his arrival will coincide with Dave's departure. Not a gif in sight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

I love how we get these deals done with very very few top journalists actually reporting it as imminent, similar to Shaw, Herrara and Falcao last year and Schniderlien this season.

Has me very excited about what could happen before the window shuts, and completely unconcerned by what most of the media are reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Feel sorry for him, he won't get much of a welcome seeing as his arrival will coincide with Dave's departure. Not a gif in sight. :pac:

He is surely Valdes' replacement.
    If De Gea does go this summer I'm very confident another keeper will be brought in as our new no.1.
    Romero is very much our new back up keeper either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Roy Keane on the Di Maria situation:

"It's not a football move, it's a lifestyle move. It tells me the player is weak and his wife runs his life."

Unfortunately it is true and might also be for De Gea :(

Source?

Why has the thread descended into other nonscence.

And as the poster said above the quote is from years ago.

I googled it and got nothing bar 2007 and a recently from a really dodgy looking website,

Anyone relaying the message of a dodgy website, quoting something a footballer said years ago and manipulating it into current events deserves a ban.

I'll gladly take a yellow or a red card for back seat modding not to read that ****.

There is rumours and there is bull**** and a line should be drawn IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

He is surely Valdes' replacement.
    If De Gea does go this summer I'm very confident another keeper will be brought in as our new no.1.
    Romero is very much our new back up keeper either way.

I dunno, it's odd. He's a bit too much of an actual goalkeeper to be warming the bench surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

This is not a gif worthy signing

Poor anders.. Ddg, Valdes and Romero

Heck even Sam gets a game before him these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/FutbolSergi/status/625378146880131072

Oh and...

royals-fan-dances-after-eric-hosmer-home-run1.gif

Source?

Why has the thread descended into other nonscence.

And as the poster said above the quote is from years ago.

I googled it and got nothing bar 2007 and a recently from a really dodgy looking website,

Anyone relaying the message of a dodgy website, quoting something a footballer said years ago and manipulating it into current events deserves a ban.

I'll gladly take a yellow or a red card for back seat modding not to read that ****.

There is rumours and there is bull**** and a line should be drawn IMO

Easy there dude

It's Sunday night.. Don't explode before the weeks even begun

It's a pathetic post but don't lose access over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

When I saw it on Twitter I read it as Ramos, I got excited all of 4 seconds.

What a come down, literally.

U literally had to come down off ur bunk bed to read it I'm confused :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Poor Romero. He doesn't even get the Choo Choo positivity trains and the Kate Upton boob gifs. This thread is falling apart. :p

brinty wrote: »

This makes me sad

127.gif

You wait and see some poster will miss this transfer and complain its been 2 weeks since we signed a player. ;)

Not sure if it's been posted yet but here's a new interview with LVG from the Guardian where he ponders staying at the club beyond his current contract. He also stresses the need for another creative player in the team...

Young had a fantastic season but he is not a Neymar and we have to compete with that kind of class

Poor Romero. He doesn't even get the Choo Choo positivity trains and the Kate Upton boob gifs. This thread is falling apart. :p

Well some newbies took exception to mention of women and FutureGuy being a God references so well ease off on them..... For now 😉

And hey #choochoo for Sergio

astradave wrote: »
    This makes me sad

127.gif

Nice gif Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

first time in many years weve signed a player during the tour, though you get impression that this was done for 1-2 weeks just not announced as player was on holidays. hopefully the same applies to Otamendi and we finally get that done now also.

fair play to Di Marzio, he called this spot on again, the man is a machine.

This signing even took Bastian by surprise

https://i.imgur.com/3KJqX.gifv

first time in many years weve signed a player during the tour, though you get impression that this was done for 1-2 weeks just not announced as player was on holidays. hopefully the same applies to Otamendi and we finally get that done now also.

fair play to Di Marzio, he called this spot on again, the man is a machine.

Did he say anything on Pedro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone seen much of romero??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

U literally had to come down off ur bunk bed to read it I'm confused :pac:

Either that, of he is giving us WAY too much info of where his hands were when reading the tweet. :(

astradave wrote: »
    This signing even took Bastian by surprise

https://i.imgur.com/3KJqX.gifv

Careful now Dave
    Some hipsters will complain that's old and from when he played for Bayern
    Others will ask
    Have we signed Lahm.....

Billy86 wrote: »
    Either that, of he is giving us WAY too much info of where his hands were when reading the tweet. :(

Don't need hands, thank you. ;)

Did he say anything on Pedro?

not fully sure to be honest, i dont think so as if he did, id be putting my house on it at this stage though ive been confident of Pedro for more than a week now.

the lad that has been saying Pedro is a done deal is also from similiar circles as him and according to an Italian friend of mine, Di Marzio is normally 100% while the second lad is about 70% reliable so i guess those are good odds for us signing Pedro.

it honestly looks like blabbing to the media is huge in Italy, ive never seen a journalist like Di Marzio before.

not fully sure to be honest, i dont think so as if he did, id be putting my house on it at this stage though ive been confident of Pedro for more than a week now.

the lad that has been saying Pedro is a done deal is also from similiar circles as him and according to an Italian friend of mine, Di Marzio is normally 100% while the second lad is about 70% reliable so i guess those are good odds for us signing Pedro.

it honestly looks like blabbing to the media is huge in Italy, ive never seen a journalist like Di Marzio before.

Cheers for that Homer. Hopefully gets done, be lovely signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Signing a reserve keeper...

WHOOP-DE-DOO.gif

Stop your boasting sir...
    This isn't after hours now....
    Hahahaha

You sir deserve a #choochoo

so thats 5 down, 3 to go....

8 players in though, is expecting too much no?

He seems to have everything that is in any way related to an Italian club or player..

He can be hit and miss outside of that.. he was on Romero as Roma had also offered him a contract.. he hasn't mentioned Pedro in a good while, Palmeri reported it today.. he can be a bit of a bull****ter outside of Italy too.. he is despised over on the Caf but don't really know why as he would be more reliable than most of the people they put up.

so thats 5 down, 3 to go....

8 players in though, is expecting too much no?

Otamendi
    Petro
    #Superstar

Still a few to go out too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

TheDoc wrote: »

While great to have signed a world class talent, he didn't want to come to United, PSg was his first choice. .

Did anyone else apart from PSG's President say this?

Not a fan of Palmeiri
    Sort of retweets a lot of click bait stuff...
    Mind you I unfollowed him after last summer he was so far off the mark

Stop your boasting sir...
    This isn't after hours now....
    Hahahaha

You sir deserve a #choochoo

The train is running all night :)

Hopefully when wake up I get more good news.

Too much to ask but never know.

Not a fan of Palmeiri
    Sort of retweets a lot of click bait stuff...
    Mind you I unfollowed him after last summer he was so far off the mark

Yeah he was pushing the Vidal to us last year very aggressively... reported it every day that we had signed him.

The train is running all night :)

#lovetrain

Otamendi
    Petro
    #Superstar

Still a few to go out too

Di Maria - £48m
    Rafael - £5m
    Evans - £10m

you would get Pedro and most of the money towards a top striker for that £63m that should be coming in pretty soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

01_20000718_ecbd7c_2348502a.jpg

He earns an arseload of money each week and thats his wife. I'm sure he'll cope

Di Maria - £48m
    Rafael - £5m
    Evans - £10m

you would get Pedro and most of the money towards a top striker for that £63m that should be coming in pretty soon.

Dunno if we'll get 10 for Evans but £60m sounds about right
    And we've a few quid from the sales of Nani rvp and James in our arse pockets
    And we get £75m from Adidas this week too...
    #choochoo
    #PositivityTrain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

809819_s.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I hope DDG gets sold to Madrid and either Ramos or Varane come to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Di Maria - £48m
    Rafael - £5m
    Evans - £10m

Add in the 6-10m for RVP and Nani.. there's no doubt we're going to go big on someone yet - whether we succeed or not is another thing but Otamendi and Pedro would go well. Valencia will break yet with Otamendi I reckon. They're saying daft money but he will push and they are stuck too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

:eek: Dirty hussy!!

whether we succeed or not is another thing but Otamendi and Pedro would go well. Valencia will break yet with Otamendi I reckon. They're saying daft money but he will push and they are stuck too.

my fear is this -

Otamendi was a dead cert but our obsession for Ramos means we have pissed off either him or Valencia and now we run the risk of losing him.

this could explain the John Stones links today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

ShaneU wrote: »
    He sure looks thrilled about it

For you.:pac:

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/625466896972955648

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

LvG “I know him very well and I think in our situation, if De Gea is going or not going, it is always a threat and we have to take care, make sure that we are prepared and that is why I think it is very good that Sergio Romero is now a Manchester United player.”

De Gea to Madrid still very much on by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not a good sign when a keeper has a bloopers compilation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

my fear is this -

Otamendi was a dead cert but our obsession for Ramos means we have pissed off either him or Valencia and now we run the risk of losing him.

this could explain the John Stones links today.

Even if Valencia want to do that, they can't afford to. As is normal, if our people have been in contact with his agent saying 'we want him to join' then he will know it will happen one way or another. Obviously for him the amicable option is him leaving with both sides happy with the fee. The nuclear option is him having to force a move if United tell him to do so.

If we are genuinely after him, it'll happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

J. Marston wrote: »

Not a good sign when a keeper has a bloopers compilation.

You're right. Just had a look at one of (many)Neuer's blooper reels on youtube. Thank God we aren't signing this useless donkey! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I would say that Di Marzio could have some good contacts alright but I don't think I can ever fully trust him again after he jumped on the Garay to Utd train last year.

IMO a lot of his work is deciphering what info is reliable and which isn't and then presenting the reliable info as his own (something he's very good at). He very rarely breaks a story, his reports are almost always on the back of exisiting info. For example it was Bild who broke the Schweinsteiger story and went big with it, most people accepted that it was going to happen but that didn't stop di Marzio coming along 'confirming' it was going to happen before it did. I'm not sure how feasible it is for any one journalist to get the inside scoop on so many major transfers around Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement