Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

£40m would be madness.

I thought we were wrong to sell him and not give him more of a chance but after watching him last season for Everton I've changed my tune. His movement is shocking. He can't play with his back to goal. His finishing is alright, nothing special. He's a threat in the air for sure. Whatever about his attitude at Chelsea, but he didn't have a great attitude at times last season but he seemed to respond well to being dropped.

I used to think he was better then Benteke but I was wrong. Benteke is a way better finisher and has better movement and can hold the ball up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Trilla wrote: »
    Good points Lord TSC... didn't think of them tbh!

Sterling is younger and overrated, and City were desperate...hence the nearly 50m price tag. I'd rate Benteke and Lukaku similar.

35m should get him. Over 40m we'd be paying over the odds and 50m would be absolute madness.

Paying 35m for Romelu Lukaku is ****ing insane. Anyone watching him can see how much he has regressed. He has zero positional sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I would cry if Lukaku joined us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

SantryRed wrote: »
    Paying 35m for Romelu Lukaku is ****ing insane. Anyone watching him can see how much he has regressed. He has zero positional sense.

Thats a little harsh. I get he's not the finished article by any stretch but I think he'd bang in a good few for us. I'd price him around 20m - 22m but there's not a hope we'd get him at that price (see Lords post)

Anyways I doubt we're in for him and seriously doubt we'd be in for him at those high prices. There is better out there. I'd take him but wouldn't be ecstatic regardless of the money spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

So now LVG is saying the "strikeforce is good enough". Earlier he was saying he needs a superstar. I can't keep up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i would have taken beneteke before lukaku. cavani would be ideal or muller or lewandowski.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

py2006 wrote: »
    So now LVG is saying the "strikeforce is good enough". Earlier he was saying he needs a superstar. I can't keep up

superstars are not necessarily strikers. could be a winger, attacking midfielder or a highest level cm(unlikely since we already signed 2 cm)
    I would cry if Lukaku joined us.
    with joy or sadness?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We should go for Aymeric Laporte £36.5 million or so (€50 million buyout clause), he also joined Adidas recently.
    Then stay French and go for Antoine Griezmann.

Then lets say a 4-2-3-1.

De Gea
    Darmian--Smalling--Laporte--Shaw
    ---Schneiderlin--Schweinsteiger---
    Mata----Griezmann----Depay
    Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2 signings in past 24 hours

Choo choooooooooo !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

2 signings in past 24 hours

Choo choooooooooo !!!

What what wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What what wha?

More like wah wah waaaah when you find out.................am I right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What what wha?

A keeper who only Bangkok has seen enough of to make comment on and a kid. :)

You wait and see some poster will miss this transfer and complain its been 2 weeks since we signed a player. ;)

Yep, got it right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

paulbok wrote: »
    Any progress on her joining the five a side team?
    You must have some gifs by now ready for the next United signing?

The hipsters think it's uncool to talk about ladies on our thread

Few gifs lined up for the #superstar signing
    #choochoo

I think that was my cousin that was on MUTV, Anthony from Dublin who rang into the Paddy Crerand show.
    I disagree with his sentiment that we should be trying to keep Di Maria..he wants to go so goodbye...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Some of the callers who call into the paddy crerand show are either high or pissed or both.

Edit:just seen post above, im 30 mins behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have not seen any of preseason footage....is Luke Shaw starting to look like the player who had excelled at left back before we signed him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

A season of Mata at #10, Rooney as a lone striker, Memphis on one wing and someone with "speed and creativity" on the other = Goals

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Some of the callers who call into the paddy crerand show are either high or pissed or both.

Edit:just seen post above, im 30 mins behind

It's ok, :pac:

• Advertisement

Theo Griezmann, brother of Antoine Griezmann in an interview one year ago: "Personally, I'd like to see him in England in the future. I am a fan of Manchester United, if he could go there, it would be class (laughs)."

Ed if you are reading, Man United fans would not complain...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lukaku is 2 years younger than Benteke and has similar record of a goal every 2 games, 40 million is what you'd need to pay and I don't think he's worth that

43 million is Griezmans reported buyout clause and he looks far better than Lukaku

Lukaku is 2 years younger than Benteke and has similar record of a goal every 2 games, 40 million is what you'd need to pay and I don't think he's worth that

43 million is Griezmans reported buyout clause and he looks far better than Lukaku

what lukaku has is strength. falcao was getting pushed around last year by big defenders. that would not happen to lukaku. still wouldnt like him though. lewandowski would be ideal IMO or cavani

Roquentin wrote: »
    what lukaku has is strength. falcao was getting pushed around last year by big defenders. that would not happen to lukaku. still wouldnt like him though. lewandowski would be ideal IMO or cavani

There's no chance of Lewandowski though. He doesn't want to move, Bayern don't want to sell, it's just not possible.

Don't know about Cavani but yeah I'd take him before Lukaku.

I think Lukaku would do well enough. He knows where the goal is and he's very young still.

Tesco, no wonder their share price has done badly over the past 12 months, they don't have what the people want...

https://twitter.com/Tesco/status/625712492870791168

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

take the Di Maria money and send it on to Atletico and try get Griezman, buy Otamendi and then shut up shop.

There's no chance of Lewandowski though. He doesn't want to move, Bayern don't want to sell, it's just not possible.

Don't know about Cavani but yeah I'd take him before Lukaku.

I think Lukaku would do well enough. He knows where the goal is and he's very young still.

he reminds me of danny welbeck a bit. clumsy in front of goal. a falcao/lukaku hybrid (falaku) :pac: is what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Falaku? Sounds like a player from Pro Evo. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

what lukaku has is strength. falcao was getting pushed around last year by big defenders. that would not happen to lukaku.

Lukaku was pushed around by Paddy McNair last season

• Advertisement

Lukaku was pushed around by Paddy McNair last season

we need someone big who is able to control possession with his back to goal like van persie used do, but is clinical in front of goal. dont think lukaku will do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

A young Ronaldo teaching an even younger Jesse Lingard :pac:

The Chewing Gum on your hair look never suited Ronaldo.

he reminds me of danny welbeck a bit. clumsy in front of goal. a falcao/lukaku hybrid (falaku) :pac: is what we need.

He scores far more goals than Welbeck does.

i still wouldnt rate him as a clinical finisher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He also plays far more games and even more as a central striker than Welbeck does. Welbeck is the better player imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i still wouldnt rate him as a clinical finisher

possibly not right now - but with a 1 in 2 goals/games rate for 3 of the last 4 seasons - with last season being a 'poor' one of 20 in 48 after a very poor start to the season (imo) he has shown a good goal scoring record for a player that is, after all, only 22.

I reckon there is a lot more developemt left in him - if he shows the right attitude.

As it stands though, I don't think there is any actual interest from United in him. I don't see us signing him, or Everton selling him.

remember when welbeck was one on one with neuer and he tried the stupid chip that didnt come off. thats what i see in lukaku. if that was ronaldo or van niestelroy, it was a goal. some players when they have too much time to think, they mess up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

remember when welbeck was one on one with neuer and he tried the stupid chip that didnt come off. thats what i see in lukaku. if that was ronaldo or van niestelroy, it was a goal. some players when they have too much time to think, they mess up.

Because Ronaldo and RVN never missed in similar situations? Ever?

Because Ronaldo and RVN never missed in similar situations? Ever?

no never, seen them miss in similar situations. dont know what your trying to insinuate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,861 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

RobertKK wrote: »
    Theo Griezmann, brother of Antoine Griezmann in an interview one year ago: "Personally, I'd like to see him in England in the future. I am a fan of Manchester United, if he could go there, it would be class (laughs)."

Ed if you are reading, Man United fans would not complain...

Great player Id take him in a heartbeat as an ADM replacement. I think his style of play and his overall energy would suit us perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Has anything changed regarding ADM? No updates?

Only thing I read is di Maria wants PSG to pay him more. His family reported to be in Paris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Blanc wrecks my head the way he has absolutely no regards for any other club. This is from his Press conference today

https://twitter.com/PSG_English/status/625744885300260865

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

astradave wrote: »
    Blanc wrecks my head the way he has absolutely no regards for any other club. This is from his Press conference today

https://twitter.com/PSG_English/status/625744885300260865

"ParisLovesUS"

Cringe. They make Man City look like a footballing dynasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭Sand

astradave wrote: »
    Blanc wrecks my head the way he has absolutely no regards for any other club.

Or the player - if the deal doesn't go through, Di Maria is going to have a pretty awkward year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't really see any issue with what he said tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

RobertKK wrote: »
    Only thing I read is di Maria wants PSG to pay him more. His family reported to be in Paris.

The wife must have been out shopping in Paris already so..

Really intruiging to see who Van Gaal brings in if Di Maria leaves. A player of equal or higher quality would be very welcome, but more importantly a player with a determination to play to his full potential for the club.

I do wonder if the clubs vision of signing a galactico or sorts will see us rush a signing at the end of the window for a more squad level player - how long are we going to wait it out for a superstar player, and not go for a lesser known name that could significantly improve us such as Pedro and Otamendi?

I don't think the superstars are gettable - as has been shown by the Sergio Ramos attempt. He seemingly wants to join but we can't get the deal done because Madrid don't want to sell him and we can't offer an amount that will force their hand, as they don't need the cash. Would run into an even bigger (but similar) block on Ronaldo or Bale, and getting one of the superstars LVG named at Barcelona, City or Chelsea would be equally as impossible.

Look at a level below that, maybe? Isco, Kevin De Bruyne, Julian Draxler, maybe? With consistent first team football and the right coaching they could be amongst the next batch of superstars like Hazard

The wife must have been out shopping in Paris already so..

Really intruiging to see who Van Gaal brings in if Di Maria leaves. A player of equal or higher quality would be very welcome, but more importantly a player with a determination to play to his full potential for the club.

will he bring in anyone? He talks about wanting someone - but we all thought a deal must be close for a forward player when RVP was sold, but obviously that wasn't the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't think Van Gaal will replace Di Maria.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement