Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That's what? About 10m pounds? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lord TSC wrote: »

At the moment it's about £7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bangkok wrote: »
    82m for muller?! that would be crazy money

It would be money well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ramos, Otamendi, Schneiderlin, Darmian, Muller.

If that happened there'd be Randy Marsh images all over the place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Going for Kane and Muller is not surprising. Similar players.

Imagine lining up with Muller up front.

Drool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

THAT MULLER/ROBBEN/DIMARIA STORY IS FAKE.

Sorry, had to shout it to let everyone know. Erase it from your brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Between 55m and 60m isn't it.. probably right in today's market, way too much Imo. Can see it being rejected anyways

GSPfan wrote: »

Yes, but what about this new story, yes probably fake too, but then United do want Muller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Obvo tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭bren2001

What? Ah shíte, I had my heart set on it. Darnit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

magnumbud wrote: »
    thats euro not pound. euro is worth nothing right now :pac:

58million - crazy money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

magnumbud wrote: »
    thats euro not pound. euro is worth nothing right now :pac:

can you give me a lend of €5m? I give it back to you next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Manchester United have agreed a fee with Torino for Italy international right-back Matteo Darmian, according to Sky Italia sources.

Talks between the clubs have been ongoing and, after rejecting United's first two bids, Torino have agreed to sell their prized defender for £12.7million (€18m).

Darmian is a versatile defender who is capable of playing in either full-back spot, though his favoured position is on the right, but also has experience at centre-half and at 6ft tall offers a strong aerial presence.

Sky Sports

"An offer from FC Porto exists and Casillas is enthusiastic with that possibility," he [Casillas' agent, Carlo Cutropia] told Marca.

"Now we have to wait to see what Real Madrid say."

Sky Sports

Surely the De Gea sale will be finalised by the weekend . . . :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Ramos, Otamendi, Schneiderlin, Darmian, Muller.

If that happened there'd be Randy Marsh images all over the place.

And Bewb... even TSc would allow bewbs for Mueller

sky sources... as reliable as Red Tops....
    How is Gundogan fitting in to pre season training at Carrington...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Sky Sports

Surely the De Gea sale will be finalised by the weekend . . . :(

There's a couple of serious hurdles for them to overcome before that deal happens.

Apparently Casillas is due a pay off of €15 million plus Porto's original offer included Madrid covering his wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

brinty wrote: »
    sky sources... as reliable as Red Tops....
    How is Gundogan fitting in to pre season training at Carrington...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9820923/manchester-united-close-to-agreeing-deal-for-ilkay-gundogan

in fairness, that was a deal agreed between the clubs, Gundogan obviously thought long and hard about moving and then decided he was happy to stay. He recently signed a new contract with Dortmund as well

In the current market, that would not be crazy money for Muller.

He is one of the top players on the planet. He is box office material. He is on course to break the world cup scoring record - he performs when he is under scrutiny.

If Adidas would like a German playing for the best supported club on the planet, then Muller would be a great deal for both United and Adidas.

Who wouldn't like a front line of:
    Depay--Rooney--Muller?

Can't believe some think it is crazy money when he is one of the very best in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Versatile and tall, an LVG signing if there ever was one!

• Advertisement

And Bewb... even TSc would allow bewbs for Mueller

Maybe even an ass shot or two :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    We don't actually know how close we were to signing him.

Dortmund came out and said he was leaving and then he signs a new contract.

Too easy to say that just because it didn't happen that it wasnt true.

That wasnt the point i was making.

sure there Ed Woodward said they never agreed to any deal bang...
    Sky are totally unreliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭secman

We don't have to sell him.... I'd sooner hold on to him for the season and not having to rush into replacing him. It would cost us the €20 m fee... but sure look what Falcao cist us this season and flopped. Take the season to suss out another up and coming keeper. Hard ball... we are United after all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9820923/manchester-united-close-to-agreeing-deal-for-ilkay-gundogan

in fairness, that was a deal agreed between the clubs, Gundogan obviously thought long and hard about moving and then decided he was happy to stay. He recently signed a new contract with Dortmund as well

No it wasn't. Dortmund immediately denied the reports and said that they wanted him to stay. The were only going to sell if he didn't sign a new contract which he did.

Don't dangle that dream in front of me TSC....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Thomas Muller would be the most ideal signing ever for the 433 formation. Its too perfect. Wont happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No it wasn't. Dortmund immediately denied the reports and said that they wanted him to stay. The were only going to sell if he didn't sign a new contract which he did.

They said he was not signing a new contract and leaving in the summer

"Our talks came to the conclusion that he won't extend his contract and will leave in the summer," said Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9843125/gotze-and-gundogan

"Our talks came to the conclusion that he won't extend his contract and will leave in the summer," said Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc.

That was on the 9th May

Think our deal was first reported in mid april and Zorc said it wasn't happening straight away. after a week or two he said Gundogan would move on and that was the article you've linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

82m for muller?! that would be crazy money
    astradave wrote: »
    Between 55m and 60m isn't it.. probably right in today's market, way too much Imo. Can see it being rejected anyways
    58million - crazy money

The only thing crazy here is you lot.

Muller for 58 million pound would be bang on and would be an unbelievable signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Fine I'll go get my camera

Sky Italia don't seem to have any story on Darmian, so it's odd that they have given their scoop to Sky UK! :pac:

But we should know for sure by Sunday . . .
    Urban Cairo, the Torino president, admitted Darmian could leave to seek Champions League football though claimed his future would have to be decided before the club’s summer training starts on Sunday. “Everyone who comes to the pre-season training camp will remain with us for the rest of the season,” he told La Stampa.

“Sunday will be the deadline. Three offers have arrived for Darmian, but out of respect for the clubs who have made them, I won’t reveal who they are. Darmian is an extraordinary player who will want to try and win the Champions League one day.”

Guardian

Hococop wrote: »
    Fine I'll go get my camera

not your ass

Has to be one of our ladies five aside team
    Anna Kendrick, Kate Upton, Scarlett Johannssen, Jennifer Lawrence or Rachel Riley
    There's rules round here

Lucas heres the article I am speaking off
    24 April

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys and gals.

You are walking down the street and you bump into a multi billionaire. He walks up to you and says "hey, you, it's your lucky day. I'm going to give you a car. Not just any car, a super car"

"Fcuking hell!" you blurt out. "Jesus, thanks a million pal"

"No problem! So what car would you like?"

"Hmm let me think. I love the Porsche 918 Spider, but the McLaren P1 is also amazing...and the Ferrar..."

"Doesn't matter my friend"...interrupts the billionaiore..."for I am a billionaire and such costs are well within my well-marshalled budget. Tomorrow, please meet me in that hypercar salesroom, conveniently located over there, and tell me what car you want."

So the next day, you meet the billionaire and choose the Porsche. What a car, you are going to score many many times over and become the most popular guy.

The billionaire pulls out a chequebook and begins to write a checque for £750,000.

Immediately, you realise the billionaire is paying over what you think the correct price to be, even though you haven't a clue of his finances or his means. You interject...

"Sir, that is a crazy amount of money to be spending on that car. I mean sure, I'll get all this great enjoyment for none of my own money, but it's ridiculously priced in all honestly.

The billionaire, using his many years of experience and tact gained in the business world over the last 35 years, responds with guile and ease.

"Go fcuk yourself"

So what's the lesson? When a billionaire offers to buy you something nice, don't worry about the price. Just worry about enjoying the Thomas Muller car.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys and gals.

You are walking down the street and you bump into a multi billionaire. He walks up up to you and says "hey, you, it's your lucky day. I'm going to give you a car. Not just any car, a super car"

"Fcuking hell!" you blurt out. "Jesus, thanks a million pal"

"No problem! So what car would you like?"

"Hmm let me think. I love the Porsche 918 Spider, but the McLaren P1 is also amazing...and the Ferrar..."

"Doesn't matter my friend"...interrupts the billionaiore..."for I am a billionaire and such costs are well within my well-marshalled budget. Tomorrow, please meet me in that hypercar salesroom, conveniently located over there, and tell me what car you want."

So the next day, you meet the billionaire and choose the Porsche. What a car, you are going to score many many times over and become the most popular guy.

The billionaire pulls out a chequebook and begins to write a checque for £750,000.

Immediately, you realise the billionaire is paying over what you think the correct price to be, even though you haven't a clue of his finances or his means. You interject...

"Sir, that is a crazy amount of money to be spending on that car. I mean sure, I'll get all this great enjoyment for none of my own money, but it's ridiculously priced in all honestly.

The billionaire, using his many years of experience and tact gained in the business world over the last 35 years, responds with guile and ease.

"Go fcuk yourself"

So what's the lesson? When a billionaire offers to buy you something nice, don't worry about the price. Just worry about enjoying the Thomas Muller car.

CLASSIC FUTUREGUY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

not your ass

Has to be one of our ladies five aside team
    Anna Kendrick, Kate Upton, Scarlett Johannssen, Jennifer Lawrence or Rachel Riley
    There's rules round here
    4qbB4mf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Totally oblivious to Darmian, anyone been watching Torino haha. Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'll be honest I havent a clue who these twitter guys are that people quote. Could be someones mate for all I know :pac: Never got into the whole twitter journalists or whatever they are.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Totally oblivious to Darmian, anyone been watching Torino haha. Any use?

Not seen anything, but there's a massive fawning over him from fans of Italian football over on Reddit, who seem to think it's a massive undervaluing of him to get him so cheap. The constant example, for instance, is he is significantly better than Clyne yet we are getting him at near the same price. "Best RB in Serie A" is what keeps getting banded about :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Giggsy11 wrote: »

about time we signed someone. just hope its real

Not seen anything, but there's a massive fawning over him from fans of Italian football over on Reddit, who seem to think it's a massive undervaluing of him to get him so cheap. The constant example, for instance, is he is significantly better than Clyne yet we are getting him at near the same price. "Best RB in Serie A" is what keeps getting banded about :P
    WOOHOOOOO
    FINALLY ED IS STRIKING A DEAL!!!!!!!

Sport Witness (SW) say Sport1.de are really happy with their exclusive as it is their own information. SW say they are a concrete source for information.
    They also say that Muller and Guardiola had a misunderstanding on Monday and Muller had to apologise to keep the peace.

For what it is worth, apparently Phil Townsend (United PR head) is apparently telling the press it is close. PT would be staight batting "I know nothing about that" if there wasn't serious movement for Darmain.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sport Witness (SW) say Sport1.de are really happy with their exclusive as it is their own information. SW say they are a concrete source for information.
    They also say that Muller and Guardiola had a misunderstanding on Monday and Muller had to apologise to keep the peace.

United bidding for him, if true, is a million miles away from signing him. Also, while there may be some issues between Muller and Pep, that may not be an ongoing issue. Plenty of talk that Pep will be going to City next summer (current contract ends then, iirc) so I would imagine the head honchos at Bayern would be telling Muller to bide his time cause they aren't going to be keen to see Muller leaving, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

For what it is worth, apparently Phil Townsend (United PR head) is apparently telling the press it is close. PT would be staight batting "I know nothing about that" if there wasn't serious movement for Darmain.

Do you have proof of this?
    As in literal quotes.

Hardly a good PR officer to be speaking to the public, before a deal is concluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

And so the circus begins. I'll be back in a couple hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Another "certain deal" thats changing to "maybe" before becoming "nothing".....definite pattern this window anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement