Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    Some people thought the same about darmian too and he looks like a good one so far.
    At the end of the day id prefer someone od pedros level thst wants to play for united then someone like di maria that wants out.

Oh without a doubt if a player doesn't want to be there then I'd rather have Charley Adams bursting his considerable gut than them.

This is completely different to Darmian, different positions, different stages of career, a player stepping up in clubs Vs a player arguably stepping down. A player who excelled in his previous club Vs a player unwanted by his previous club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jayop wrote: »
    Pedro is such an underwhelming signing.
    Some people thought the same about darmian too and he looks like a good one so far.
    At the end of the day id prefer someone od pedros level thst wants to play for united then someone like di maria that wants out.

In all seriousness lads, what do ye actually think Pedro's Level is?? Also can you explain why it would be an underwhelming signing?

Del007 wrote: »
    Anyone any interest in some old Utd games in VHS? Most of them are from the 90's.

Fa cup finals and big premier league games. There's a few season reviews there as well.

Let me know if you want them.

What's a VHS Grandad? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Pedro is such an underwhelming signing.

He doesn't really get.the credit he deserves being a regular in a barca team at their peak and upto neymar signing. While not a superstar hes a very good signing a vast upgrade on young

astradave wrote: »
    In all seriousness lads, what do ye actually think Pedro's Level is?? Also can you explain why it would be an underwhelming signing?

You quoted two different people.

I've explained why it's an underwhelming player in this page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Didn't he have visa issues? Not sure what else he could have done.

Frankly, I find it amazing that a professional, international footballer does not have his passport in order at all times. Its practically a requirement of the job in these global times, how the hell can he allow a problem with it?

Even on the club side, how the hell is there not an administrator with the task of recording all travel documents and ensuring all paperwork is in order? Its not complicated, a simple ****ing spreadsheet with all the expiry dates that the administrator reviews periodically, how can a multi-million pound business not have somebody monitoring this?

I'm continually astounded by some of the basic things massive companies fail to do.

magnumbud wrote: »
    He doesn't really get.the credit he deserves being a regular in a barca team at their peak and upto neymar signing. While not a superstar hes a very good signing a vast upgrade on young

I suppose we'll see how "vast" an upgrade he becomes. The last time I was this underwhelmed by a new forward was when Young himself signed.

I don't like buying players who are basically not wanted anymore by their club after they've won everything for them. They dont' come to the new club with any hunger and desire and usually despite all the fanfare they do nothing of note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Dont get me wrong i dont mean to knock his level i think he is an upgrade on di maria of last year but he is. Slightly below the di maria that got into the team of the year but id still be excited about him

Really? Who thought that about Darmian? I'd far rather a signing like Darmian than the likes of Dani Alves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

What's a VHS Grandad? :confused:

I used 'tape' all the Utd games back in the day, the Utd team of the early to mid 90's were by far my favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Do Maria doesn't want to play for the club.
    Pedro has by all accounts chosen Its from a few offers and seems keen to come, to me that's an instant upgrade

Really? Who thought that about Darmian? I'd far rather a signing like Darmian than the likes of Dani Alves.

Darmien and Shaw are exactly the type of signings I love. Add Depay to the list too.

Hungry young players who are showing the best potential in their position in the world. Buy 3 of them rather than 1 DiMaria and you'll have a good squad in no time.

I used 'tape' all the Utd games back in the day, the Utd team of the early to mid 90's were by far my favourite

I have a load of old tapes in the house myself of season reviews from the 80's and 90's but no recorder to play them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anyone underwhelmed by the thoughts of signing Pedro must not have seen him play much.

As a winger he is better than Mata, Young and Depay. He will offer much needed pace and goals to the attack.

If are playing 4-3-3 i can't think of anyone better that's realistic except maybe Griezman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

DiMaria72c5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I have a load of old tapes in the house myself of season reviews from the 80's and 90's but no recorder to play them in.

You can have mine if u like :)

You can have mine if u like :)

Unless I'm going to use them as ashtrays they'd be no use to me. Thanks for the offer though dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I love where's Wally

[MEDIA=imgur]id=JYKD1;type=album[/MEDIA]

Well that didn't work. Here's a link to a cool imgur slide show with all the kits in detail.

http://www.unitedreds.net/threads/mufc-kit-thread-%C2%A3750mil-adidas-deal-announced-wow.531/page-19#post-132678

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pedro makes a fan cry, he was asked by a girl who is a Barca fan if he was leaving, Pedro obviously couldn't say yes with no deal finalised, so he said he didn't know.
    The girl burst into tears....

Pedro seems to be a very nice person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

RobertKK wrote: »

As long as hes not missing this time next year he will be an improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Pedro makes a fan cry, he was asked by a girl who is a Barca fan if he was leaving, Pedro obviously couldn't say yes with no deal finalised, so he said he didn't know.

F**k that b***h. He is ours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fill the team with pleasant Spanish lads.

I still count De Gea even though he's fallen for the charms of a devious succubus who has taken him from me.......us. I meant us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

How did the lad in the orange jacket stay serious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fill the team with pleasant Spanish lads.

I still count De Gea even though he's fallen for the charms of a devious succubus who has taken him from me.......us. I meant us.

I have a solution, we sing the song "the morning after" backwards, that should drive that succubus back to hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The last people I would feel sorry for are Barca fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pedro is 28 :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

I for one vote for Pedro

vote-for-pedro.jpg?w=590

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just read on Facebook a United fan saying Pelle is as good as Rooney.

That's enough Internet for today me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hococop wrote: »
    I have a solution, we sing the song "the morning after" backwards, that should drive that succubus back to hell

I was thinking we could offer her about $3.50 and she would leave but your idea sounds better.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Just read on Facebook a United fan saying Pelle is as good as Rooney.

That's enough Internet for today me thinks.

You sure he didn't mean Pele?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

And Ramos signs a new five year bumper contract. Once again United played for fools ffs. You'd could see it coming a mile off. Real will probably get DeGea for nothing next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You sure he didn't mean Pele?

No no. It was in a discussion about tonight's game.

I was in a 3 in 1 situation where people thought Kevin Doyle was better then Rooney about 5 years ago.

In one ear out the other.

How did the lad in the orange jacket stay serious

Yeah, he did well, but maybe he is use to over emotional fans interacting with players, for all we know the crying girl is a stalker and Pedro is moving to a different country to escape her....

You know something, it actually just struck me.

By all accounts Di Maria is actually missing in action, he is AWOL and Van Gaal says he doesn't know where he is.

One of the worlds marquee players at perhaps the worlds biggest club has gone missing one week before the season starts, this should be one of the biggest stories in sport right now and yet, relatively, there is nothing being said about it?

I wonder why this is being so understated?

You know something, it actually just struck me.

By all accounts Di Maria is actually missing in action, he is AWOL and Van Gaal says he doesn't know where he is.

One of the worlds marquee players at perhaps the worlds biggest club has gone missing one week before the season starts, this should be one of the biggest stories in sport right now and yet, relatively, there is nothing being said about it?

I wonder why this is being so understated?

Because he is not missing, and LVG would rather say he is missing rather than say he is not with the squad as he is being transferred.

Everyone knows what is going on, so the missing story is like saying process...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

J. Marston wrote: »
    I was thinking we could offer her about $3.50 and she would leave but your idea sounds better.

You can't offer her three fidy, if we give it once she will keep coming back

Because he is not missing, and LVG would rather say he is missing rather than say he is not with the squad as he is being transferred.

Everyone knows what is going on, so the missing story is like saying process...

Oh I know he isn't "missing", but he has effectively went AWOL from his job, his very high profile job. I'm just surprised the media aren't making far more of it, its the type of thing they should be sinking their teeth into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

[MEDIA=imgur]id=JYKD1;type=album[/MEDIA]

Well that didn't work. Here's a link to a cool imgur slide show with all the kits in detail.

http://www.unitedreds.net/threads/mufc-kit-thread-%C2%A3750mil-adidas-deal-announced-wow.531/page-19#post-132678

Was hoping that black and grey hooped one from a few weeks ago was real, now I don't know which one to get.

RichFTW wrote: »
    Was hoping that black and grey hooped one from a few weeks ago was real, now I don't know which one to get.

I don;t buy them myself anymore and haven't for a few years, but I'd be tempted to buy that orange one.

I'll probably get the wee fella the other two (knockoffs)

Nice Jerseys, just not unreal Jerseys.

Like the home one myself.

Nice Jerseys, just not unreal Jerseys.

Like the home one myself.

The best we've had in years. So good they are that the massive Chevvy logo doesn't even make me want to gouge my eyes out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

The best we've had in years. So good they are that the massive Chevvy logo doesn't even make me want to gouge my eyes out this year.

OOOOOOH GOD, that logo :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DiMaria72c5.jpg

Van Gaal is in that as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If the only business we do is Di Maria out and Pedro in we won't challenge for the league, if De Gea also goes and Cillisen comes in Spurs and Liverpool would fancy their chances of finishing ahead of us

I hope Woodward is planning something big, otherwise the positivity train is going to derail

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Did Herrera get any game time last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If the only business we do is Di Maria out and Pedro in we won't challenge for the league, if De Gea also goes and Cillisen comes in Spurs and Liverpool would fancy their chances of finishing ahead of us

I hope Woodward is planning something big, otherwise the positivity train is going to derail

Romero
    Darmian
    Depay
    schweinsteiger
    schneiderlin

Transfer window not over yet, but we have done excellent business so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pedro would be a brilliant signing, anyone who thinks it would be an underwhelming signing has clearly never watched him play much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Haha these meme's are cracking me up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement