Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Another "certain deal" thats changing to "maybe" before becoming "nothing".....definite pattern this window anyway.

Easy now pmasterson95
    or you're going to miss the bewbs fest that's about to be unleashed on here....
    TSC even said maybe an ass shot or 2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Another "certain deal" thats changing to "maybe" before becoming "nothing".....definite pattern this window anyway.

But I just boarded the train...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Is anyone really surprised that we have taken this long to get started in the transfer window? According to some people we had deals for Gundogan and Hummels in place and made an offer to Dani Alves too. All three players have chosen not to join the club so we have moved on to other targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭paulbok

brinty wrote: »
    not your ass

Has to be one of our ladies five aside team
    Anna Kendrick, Kate Upton, Scarlett Johannssen, Jennifer Lawrence or Rachel Riley
    There's rules round here

Is there an agreed subs bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's the media hype train. It's a cheap way of getting traffic to sites.
    Gets the people refreshing.

No one knows what it is, but it's provacative

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

It's the media hype train. It's a cheap way of getting traffic to sites.
    Gets the people refreshing.

404-Blades-of-Glory-quotes.gif
    405-Blades-of-Glory-quotes.gif

glued wrote: »
    Is anyone really surprised that we have taken this long to get started in the transfer window? According to some people we had deals for Gundogan and Hummels in place and made an offer to Dani Alves too. All three players have chosen not to join the club so we have moved on to other targets.

Does that not mean, that we started when we offered them a contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Argh this is a reference to something but I cant remember what. Feck.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    404-Blades-of-Glory-quotes.gif

There we go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Do you have proof of this?
    As in literal quotes.

Hardly a good PR officer to be speaking to the public, before a deal is concluded.

The talk also fails the basic test of a quick scan of Gazzetta - no mention at all of Darmian, let alone a deal being almost done!

paulbok wrote: »
    Is there an agreed subs bench?

Not yet but as the manager of said team i'm open to my fellow coaches Maximus (cos he's great with gifs) and TSC (cos he loves bewbs too) putting forward suggestions

I poperate a democracy so my fellow boardsies also have a say...

Hayley McQueen is certainly on the bench though and ready to strip off ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Hayley should be first team ahead of Jennifer Lawrence! Hayley is great up top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Everyone chill. We need to wait for a GRADE 1 source confirming this.

When his girlfriend follows a United player and/or favourites a tweet from a United fan, then we can get excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'll be honest I havent a clue who these twitter guys are that people quote. Could be someones mate for all I know :pac: Never got into the whole twitter journalists or whatever they are.

In the exact same boat as you dude... For obvious reasons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I really hope we don't let RVP go without a deal for a good enough replacement 99% done already

Bony and Lukaku went for £30 million, Benteke will probably go for £30 million, and I think RVP would still outscore them all next season given the opportunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

But I just boarded the train...

Those tickets are non-refundable. But 100% positivity is guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

CHOO CHOO MOTHER****ERS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I really hope we don't let RVP go without a deal for a good enough replacement 99% done already

Bony and Lukaku went for £30 million, Benteke will probably go for £30 million, and I think RVP would still outscore them all next season given the opportunity

Not necessarily a major issue if we don't. I mean RVP was going to be backup at the start of next season anyway.

Think it's important we get the right type of player for the position though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm only doing single Choos now.

I guess you could say I'm... running out of steam.

2008-06-25_131330_puts_on_sunglasses-341x192-custom.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Totally oblivious to Darmian, anyone been watching Torino haha. Any use?

I bet you seen him play at the last world cup v England and said to yourself watching the game "that right back is very impressive and has a great engine on him"

he was excellent that night and has had 2 very good seasons in Italy with Tornio so the next move now hopefully to us is where he will excel and become a world class player

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ole ole ole ole!

zerks wrote: »

So with Schneiderlin in limbo. Yeah getting **** done. Yipeekiya choo choo mother****as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

is it me or does the above picture of schneiderlin look like he is trying to intercept the ball will his ass :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

So with Schneiderlin in limbo. Yeah getting **** done. Yipeekiya choo choo mother****as.

Aint no stopping us now were on the move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hopes slowly rising... will fully believe when the BBC run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

• Advertisement

Damn it man, what do these all say? :(

Here you go.

SKY Italia - #Darmian-#United: there is still distance between the parties - but the negotiations are underway.

Confirmed dialogue ongoing between #mufc and Torino over defender Matteo Darmian. A bit of old school off the radar United business, this.

Manchester United are hopeful of landing Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin before flying to the United States on Monday to start their summer tour as the Saints manager, Ronald Koeman, is keen to replace the midfielder as soon as possible.

Louis van Gaal, the United manager, has had one bid of around £20m rejected by the St Mary’s club, with Koeman valuing Schneiderlin at £27m. However, United believe the player could be acquired for closer to £25m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

"Ronaldo is coming home"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Not necessarily a major issue if we don't. I mean RVP was going to be backup at the start of next season anyway.

Think it's important we get the right type of player for the position though.

We need an experienced back up for Rooney, a proven goalscorer who is also adept at playing deeper and bringing others into the game. A player who knows the manager and the team, and who is prepared to rotate with Rooney throughout the season. Ideally he should also be the right price for a back up striker.

Frankly, I can't think of a single better person than Robin Van Persie to play that role.

They say get the bewbs ready ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This positivity train starting to gain a bit of momentum, patience & the signings will be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Aint no stopping us now were on the move

oMtBHaR.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Didn't this exact scenario occur with Southampton and Shaw? I reckon its as good as done.

Its probably all down to a few million in add ons or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Was just thinking about the potential Darmian signing, Italy, Torino....

Has there been any signings from there since this fella?
    CJUJuFOUcAE1xiU.jpg

He worked out fairly well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

We need an experienced back up for Rooney, a proven goalscorer who is also adept at playing deeper and bringing others into the game. A player who knows the manager and the team, and who is prepared to rotate with Rooney throughout the season. Ideally he should also be the right price for a back up striker.

Frankly, I can't think of a single better person than Robin Van Persie to play that role.
    I'm guessing RVP doesn't want to be that back up striker. He has only a few seasons left and realises he is not a guaranteed starter at Utd anymore so wants out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'd be very happy with Darmian, but Sky Italia are a nothing source iirc.

I think we need to be bringing in at least two CMs this summer. I'm worried that LVG will have to faff around with formations again if he only gets in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Was just thinking about the potential Darmian signing, Italy, Torino....

Has there been any signings from there since this fella?
    CJUJuFOUcAE1xiU.jpg

He worked out fairly well...

So we sign Darmian, sell him on, become crap and see him relegate us?

Pighead wrote: »
    I'm guessing RVP doesn't want to be that back up striker. He has only a few seasons left and realises he is not a guaranteed starter at Utd anymore so wants out.

Not exactly.

Says he is open to moving but is happy in Manchester and his family are more important. So if the wife dosent mind moving, and he wants to, he will move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Pighead wrote: »

If he wants to go then fine, don't stop him. But RVP isn't going to be a guaranteed starter at any of the "top" clubs, so I find it hard to believe that we couldn't paint him a good picture in any discussions about his role. He will still get plenty of games with us, we "should" be competing for trophies again, he will still be on big money, he won't have to uproot his family, its very possible that being the number 2 for us could be a lot better than the number one for the likes of Fenerbache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

So we sign Darmian, sell him on, become crap and see him relegate us?

Wait for it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If he wants to go then fine, don't stop him. But RVP isn't going to be a guaranteed starter at any of the "top" clubs, so I find it hard to believe that we couldn't paint him a good picture in any discussions about his role. He will still get plenty of games with us, we "should" be competing for trophies again, he will still be on big money, he won't have to uproot his family, its very possible that being the number 2 for us could be a lot better than the number one for the likes of Fenerbache.
    All sounds fair enough I suppose. Hopefully Van Persie sees it like that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pro. F wrote: »
    I'd be very happy with Darmian, but Sky Italia are a nothing source iirc.

I think we need to be bringing in at least two CMs this summer. I'm worried that LVG will have to faff around with formations again if he only gets in one.

Di Marzio is reporting it and AFAIK he is very reliable when it comes to Italian transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Denis Law played for Torino... learn something new every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭paulbok

brinty wrote: »
    Not yet but as the manager of said team i'm open to my fellow coaches Maximus (cos he's great with gifs) and TSC (cos he loves bewbs too) putting forward suggestions

I poperate a democracy so my fellow boardsies also have a say...

Hayley McQueen is certainly on the bench though and ready to strip off ;)

Good choice, tall girl, good up front, handy to throw on to rough things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I had a dream last night that David de Gea was staying....just thought I'd leave that here

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

Not sure if already posted but..

354489.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement