Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone year anything about schneiderlin today? Did he travel to Austria with rest of squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Depay, Darmian and Schneiderlin would make great business IMO. Three excellent additions to the first eleven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Even with Tommy Smyth saying a fee has been agreed, I refuse to allow myself any excitement until I see him wearing a Utd jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Positivity Train Overload!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Even with Tommy Smyth saying a fee has been agreed, I refuse to allow myself any excitement until I see him wearing a Utd jersey.
    Til he plays dude
    If jon obi mikel taught us nothing.....
    article-1076269-029043610000044D-935_306x459.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Positivity Train Overload!!!

#Choo****ingchoobitches
    #Bewbsgifsattheready

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Usually very cynical, but a lot of people are throwing their weight behind it.

£12.7M fee would be a very strange made up tweet, but how in the world would Tommy Smyth of all people end up breaking the story!?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    £12.7M fee would be a very strange made up tweet, but how in the world would Tommy Smyth of all people end up breaking the story!?

It's not that strange of a figure if you choose a more solid number in euros and then throw it through Google Converter :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I'm guessing he's jumping the gun. None of the other Italian media outlets are picking up on this. Gazetta aren't even reporting on it at all.

However, Di Marzio is as reliable as they get.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It's not that strange of a figure if you choose a more solid number in euros and then throw it through Google Converter :P

If Tommy Smyth knows about Google Converter (which I'd never heard of until 30 seconds ago) I'll eat my hat.

Haha brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I know little about Darmian, but he has been in the Serie A team of the year for the previous two seasons for the right back position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

De Gea's bodyguards

CJU2BMzWIAASe1J.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Darmian and Schneiderlin over the next week would be great. No idea who Darmian is but he seems good.

Then some centre halves and a possible Striker and we are good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Can't get excited about Darmian because he's just a random footballer that I only know a quick Googleworth about. Schneiderlin, on the other hand, that one would be good to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can't get excited about Darmian because he's just a random footballer that I only know a quick Googleworth about. Schneiderlin, on the other hand, that one would be good to happen.

If you can die from second hand smoke, you can definitely get a buzz from the fumes of the positivity train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

TheTownie wrote: »
    De Gea's bodyguards

CJU2BMzWIAASe1J.jpg

they are buying him treats to get him to stay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Some of Uniteds best signings have been players most of the fans have never heard of.
    "We've signed this new defender. Vidick I think he's called."
    "I heard we just signed Ronaldo!" "No its some new kid with the same name"

Most fans don't know players outside their own league. The professionals know better.

Kirby wrote: »
    Some of Uniteds best signings have been players most of the fans have never heard of.

Most fans don't know players outside their own league. The professionals know better.

Same I remember a summer we signed some fellas called solkzjar and johnson from the crappy Norwegian league.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Was it €100 million or £100 million United were rumoured to have offered Spurs for Bale?
    Would probably take the Bale type money to get Muller, and then we would need to pay for his horses, maybe buy him a top race horse.

But we need to avoid a row over stud fees... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hey, if his left foot is for something more than standing on, I'll be delirious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hey, if his left foot is for something more than standing on, I'll be delirious.

Some say he can play as a LB and a LW :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

astradave wrote: »
    Some say he can play as a LB and a LW :eek:

:pac:

Played most of last season as a DM according to whoscored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

SLYSPORTS

MAKING NEWS

We have just been informed of a hostage situation in Rescaldina a comune in the Province of Milan.
    It is reported to involve Manchester Uniteds right back Antonio Valencia and the mother of Matteo Darmian who currently plays for Torinio.
    She is been held at ball point.

The only demand issued so far is that Darmian agrees never to sign for United while Valencia is at the club.

If this demand is not met, he will start kicking footballs off her shins and it is not known how long the 20 year old shin guards she is wearing can hold out.

Police are treating the matter very seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Can anyone shed any light on the stadium tour for me please?

I've never bothered with it, but I think I might surprise the kids (14,10,8) with a surprise day trip to OT. Say nothing to them, just get them up early on the day and head on to the airport.

Not on a game day - couldn't afford game day flights, tickets etc for 4 for a while. I can get return flights for the 4 of us for €50.

EDIT - quick look at manutd.com tells me there's a few options.... Anyone done similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I done it a few year ago the day after a CL match. Absolutely hanging.

Found the museum good alright. The tour went on for about an hour. Nothing overly amazing about it.
    But you do get into the dressing room and pitchside so plenty of opps for pics for the kids in the bosses chair etc :D

Be prepared for the end of it. They bring you through a hidden door which magically leads into the Superstore :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I did the Ajax museum tour when I was in Amsterdam a few years ago.

I thought it was absolutely ****ing brilliant. Then again, I also spent about 25 mins laughing at street sign shortly after, so maybe I wasn't in the best mindframe to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Apparently Southampton leaving on tour tomorrow - if Schneiderlin leaves you would have to think he certainly isn't LVG's first choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

ddgxkr35.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Kirby wrote: »

For sure, I'm not saying "I don't know him so he's no good". That would be stupid. I'm just saying I don't know him because I don't have time to watch all the leagues, so I can't get excited. He's just another player to me, for now. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

irishfeen wrote: »
    Apparently Southampton leaving on tour tomorrow - if Schneiderlin leaves you would have to think he certainly isn't LVG's first choice.

Didn't United already make a bid for him suggesting he was a first choice target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Can anyone shed any light on the stadium tour for me please?

What exactly do you want to know? I'ts ok... nothing too special but the kids may enjoy it. You see the pressroom, sit in on the bench, see that excuse of a dressing room, walk out from the tunnel.

The kids will enjoy it, but its nothing special imo

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Didn't United already make a bid for him suggesting he was a first choice target.
    You would think if United are absolutely determined to sign him then a few million either way would delay it to that extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You would think if United are absolutely determined to sign him then a few million either way would delay it to that extent.

I dont think its as simple as that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Trilla wrote: »
    What exactly do you want to know? I'ts ok... nothing too special but the kids may enjoy it. You see the pressroom, sit in on the bench, see that excuse of a dressing room, walk out from the tunnel.

The kids will enjoy it, but its nothing special imo

That's the important thing!
    The three of them (the eldest a girl to a lesser extent, but especially the two lads) are United fans. They've never been to Manchester, let alone OT.
    I just remember the feeling I had when my dad brought me my first time to see OT, at 13.

Once I'm fairly confident that they'll enjoy it, I might go ahead and book it - €85 odd euro for the 4 of us, and €50 for the flights. Be an expensive day I suppose overall, but one that they (and me) would enjoy....

Plus I have family in Denton, might surprise them at their door too.

Hopefully this chap is reliable - posting this again -

https://twitter.com/OmldZamani/status/618489578912120833

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement

That chap has actually gone lower - from 18 to €16m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That chap has actually gone lower - from 18 to €16m

Has he?

From what I have read he said Torino said they wanted 18million and were waiting for a response - with this tweet indicating United's response has been to offer 16million plus 2million in bonus payments.

Its hilarious how all the usual English journalists are now so quite regarding United transfer activity - almost always info is now leaking from the other side... United is a closed house to them - just look at this...

https://twitter.com/Ian_Ladyman_DM/status/618388076398833664

.. They may very well regret their treatment of the club and Woodward under Moyes now... nice to see Ed being an absolute bástard to them :)

Has he?

From what I have read he said Torino said they wanted 18million and were waiting for a response - with this tweet indicating United's response has been to offer 16million plus 2million in bonus payments.
    He said €18m (+2) now €16 (+2)... now saying its in its final phase.

He has said thanks to Torino on Instagram. It's on!
    https://instagram.com/p/41b_nijNFH/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

He said €18m (+2) now €16 (+2)... now saying its in its final phase.

I think Torino wanted 20Million Euros (18+2) and asked United for that much as per DiMarzio. He even said Torino are waiting for Manutd's offer or "ok" for that proposal.
    Today they are reporting that ManUtd made 16+2 million euros bid. I thought it was clear enough.

Edit: I think it's a wrong quote. Should have quoted Mitch.

https://instagram.com/p/41b_nijNFH/
    Fake account apparently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

CHOO CHOO BITCHES

One thing is certain .
    The love that I gave and tried for this city and the team , will be returned in a few parts .

Thanks Torino !

As per a translation.

TIER 0!!!

Fake account apparently!

Some of the photos on it are a bit personal for a fake account

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement