Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

irishfeen wrote: »

A lot of places running with it to be confirmed today..hope it's true and not just bs. I imagine most have been collecting and preparing their gifs for a long time and we'll see a gif overload when any signings are confirmed :pac:

Are-you-ready.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I should have called in sick today so I can post gifs and harvest the thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hopefully it is confirmed today, so that he can join the players on the pre-season tour next week. Always think it is good for new players to go on tour, helps them settle in to the squad quicker I reckon.

Would love to see us get a move on re. Schneiderlin - can only think we only want him as a backup and that is why we are taking so long to try to finalise that deal. Reckon we are still trying for Schweinsteiger as the first choice which would be disappointing as I really feel we need both, and if only one I would go for Schneiderlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hey that's my job! Gutted though, I'll probably miss any gif party cause I'll be flat out in work today. I might sneak on when I hear the news an post a SFW one.

I'm preparing mine by collecting the links onto an excel file that already has links for work related things so it doesn't look suspicous. Let's just hope I remember to remove them before saving! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness
    Gazzetta dello Sport reckon Darmian could get the green light to sign for Manchester United today.
    CJYAouZWUAACZ9K.png

Hopefully it is confirmed today, so that he can join the players on the pre-season tour next week. Always think it is good for new players to go on tour, helps them settle in to the squad quicker I reckon.

Would love to see us get a move on re. Schneiderlin - can only think we only want him as a backup and that is why we are taking so long to try to finalise that deal. Reckon we are still trying for Schweinsteiger as the first choice which would be disappointing as I really feel we need both, and if only one I would go for Schneiderlin.

I reckon we want him and have given up a bit on Schweinsteiger but Southampton wan't to squeeze us for a lot of money. We're probably considering what offer to make or if theres a cheaper alternative out there.

I'd guess it will drag on a bit before we come to a compromise on the price but this is all just speculation from me, no proof.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'm preparing mine by collecting the links onto an excel file that already has links for work related things so it doesn't look suspicous. Let's just hope I remember to remove them before saving! :P

Haha.
    I can't access any of them sites.

I wouldn't post any links though, I got in trouble before for posting a fantasy football link on here. The system picked it up and an email was sent to the bosses and myself with the link.
    Awks.

Star to take train to Manchester United to complete transfer
    Turin newspaper Tuttosport are in no doubt that Matteo Darmian's move to Manchester United is almost done. On Wednesday they headline their article on it 'Bye Bye Darmian' and go on to say he's off to Manchester United for about €18m. In the text, their first line is 'Matteo Darmian is to come to Turin, board the flight to London and then take the train to Manchester.'

Things couldn't be much more convincing, Manchester United are said to be waiting with open arms to welcome Darmian and let him start his new adventure in the Premier League. Yet Tuttosport don't say a deal between the two clubs is done, they just say it's very nearly done. Very very.

The two clubs have come much closer on price and Torino's proposal to Manchester United of €18m plus a further €2m in bonuses looks set to be accepted. The amount sees both clubs win because Torino originally wanted €20m and Manchester United wanted to show prowess in negotiations and get the amount down, despite it being relative pennies in their transfer budget.

Tuttosport reckon they've been given the impression the move is imminent and they say the Premier League club are very confident that things can be done and done quickly. A few personal details need to be sorted but Tuttosport claim they even know what those are - the use of a car and decision over image rights split. Short of mocking him up in a Manchester United shirt they couldn't be much clearer.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/star-to-take-train-to-manchester-united-to-complete-transfer

GDS and Tuttosport both reported it will be done today.

Haha.
    I can't access any of them sites.

I wouldn't post any links though, I got in trouble before for posting a fantasy football link on here. The system picked it up and an email was sent to the bosses and myself with the link.
    Awks.

What did they say to you? And my view is if it ain't blocked (most sites are in work) it's fair game :P and...

..I also like to live dangerously

dangerously.PNG

• Advertisement

What did they say to you? And my view is if it ain't blocked (most sites are in work) it's fair game :P and...

..I also like to live dangerously

dangerously.PNG

It was in an private forum so they couldn't access it through the mail.

Just was told to be careful and spend less time on boards really. Used to have it ticking over in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Great price for the best right back of all time.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/618689109125636096

I wouldn't mind him leaving for that price. 29 Million pounds is a good fee for GK with only 1 year left on his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

TSC has a shedload of gifs, he saves them all, so once we sign someone and he posts a gif, its open season
    SFW or NSFW I don't care
    Kate will be bouncing
    Anna will be biting her lip
    Scarlett will be hip shuffling
    J law will be giggling
    And Rachel, hmmmm Rachel will be smiling seductively

And of course the lovely Hayley will be announcing the "Breaking News"

Giggsy11 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind him leaving for that price. 29 Million pounds is a good fee for GK with only 1 year left on his contract.

Not being funny but are Sport Witness in any way reliable of FoS....

Why would he get a plane to London and then the train?
    Why can't he just hire a private plane to fly to Manchester?
    A few hours or a day isn't going to make a difference.

Would be a more than fair price imo - and the result of some nice stonewalling from Woodward.

Wonder if, if this is even true, will we see an end to the Ramos pursuit, one way or the other.

brinty wrote: »
    Sport Witness don't claim any reliability - they simply report, and analyze, stories from the foreign press. Nothing more, really. Would be like asking are NewsNow reliable.

Sport Witness don't claim any reliability - they simply report, and analyze, stories from the foreign press. Nothing more, really. Would be like asking are NewsNow reliable.

Thanks Mitch
    so they're FoS ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Why would he get a plane to London and then the train?
    Why can't he just hire a private plane to fly to Manchester?
    A few hours or a day isn't going to make a difference.

they are putting him on the positivity train :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Star to take train to Manchester United to complete transfer

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/star-to-take-train-to-manchester-united-to-complete-transfer

GDS and Tuttosport both reported it will be done today.

Jaysus even the new signings are getting on the positivity train!

brinty wrote: »

Sport witness is the best site to filter out **** stories. They don't claim to be ITKs or they don't even post their own stories. They translate from other media and calls bs if it is.

Some people blindly believe foreign media while not believing metro, Daily star but those foreign media uses metro as their source. Sport witness is brilliant in pointing out this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

United will be officially unveiling Memphis Depay at a press conference this friday!

Here's hoping that's not all that we are uinveiling!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would be very happy with €40m for a player in his last year of a contract and who only has one team after him/he wants to go to.

Just wonder what it means for any Ramos deal, and if its a coincidence we're hearing talks of Bale again. €140m being discussed, but thats not really anything new; the word weeks ago was we had £100m set aside, which is the same figure being reported now, but converted to Euros to make it sound like more.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would be very happy with €40m for a player in his last year of a contract and who only has one team after him/he wants to go to.

Just wonder what it means for any Ramos deal, and if its a coincidence we're hearing talks of Bale again. €140m being discussed, but thats not really anything new; the word weeks ago was we had £100m set aside, which is the same figure being reported now, but converted to Euros to make it sound like more.

€40m for DDG would be the best we can hope for I think (if he wants to go) its close to world record for a Keeper.. No one else other than Real would pay that kind of crazy money.

Haven't we still got the £100m burning a hole in our arse pockets from the Bale deal 2 summers ago. I'd be happy to get Bale but the prices are crazy. Hard to say he's kicked on since he went to Real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Graham Hunter again yesterday on twitter was saying that Ramos really does want to move to United.
    It is up to the club, but I expect to hear Sepp Blatter to come out and talk about Ramos being a slave if the move is being held up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Would you put him above Coleman and Clyne ?

clyne yes, coleman don't know. He def has the ability and with our possession based game I think he will excel as he is excellent on the ball and loves to attack. hard to judge one player against another especially when they are coming from a different league and a mid table Italian team but I would be very happy if he signed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The rumour about the rumour of a £100 million bid for Bale is it has being turned down.

Yet we are suppose to have offered €82 million for Muller, why not just offer that money for Muller, (presume the previous rumour about Bale is true).

RobertKK wrote: »
    The rumour about the rumour of a £100 million bid for Bale is it has being turned down.

Yet we are suppose to have offered €82 million for Muller, why not just offer that money for Muller, (presume the previous rumour about Bale is true).

Because they don't rate Muller at the same price they rate Bale (which is an insane price, as was what Madrid paid for him)

RobertKK wrote: »

Because contrary to popular belief that's not how a club would initiate a transfer. It's not a case of throw money at them.

Imagine the uproar if the club did that? Then imagine the uproar from fans I tey spent 82 million.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Because contrary to popular belief that's not how a club would initiate a transfer. It's not a case of throw money at them.

Imagine the uproar if the club did that? Then imagine the uproar from fans I tey spent 82 million.

€82m is roughly £58m. ADM cost £59m. Didn't see too much uproar last summer.

I think it won't happen and it's another bs story but as much as I would like us to do good business and not spend huge amounts of money on one player at the same time, if they did spend 82mill on Muller (can't see him leaving bayern this window) I think there wouldn't be much of an uproar from this fan anyway :P

Whenever I would think about the huge money we spent on just one player I'd then just lose track of that when I would see Muller running down the pitch wearing a United shirt. I can't see it happening at all, but if we we're ever to sign him I wouldn't know how to control my excitement!

€82m is roughly £58m. ADM cost £59m. Didn't see too much uproar last summer.

Over the course of the season there was.
    60 million for that? Disgrace.

Fair enough it's a minority of ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/618686627796385792

He's taking the train from London to Manchester,it's the positivity train lads.

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/618686627796385792

He's taking the train from London to Manchester,it's the positivity train lads.

I want an English paper to take this story, add in the part about him chosing what type of car he gets and title the story "PLANES, TRAINS and AUTOMOBILES".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Do we ever learn? How can anybody watch Di Maria struggle this year and then happily want us to spend €82m on Muller?

The only person I wound countenance paying such a fee for would be Bale, and thats because he almost perfectly addresses a lot of the needs we have up front. Muller is a good player, but he isn't the second coming of Ronaldo or Messi and he isn't worth €82m.

Over the course of the season there was.
    60 million for that? Disgrace.

Fair enough it's a minority of ignorance.

You can't rewrite history just because ADM has been poor. When he signed there was little if any uproar about the price. If he'd performed like he did at RM nobody would be mentioning the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Do we ever learn? How can anybody watch Di Maria struggle this year and then happily want us to spend €82m on Muller?

The only person I wound countenance paying such a fee for would be Bale, and thats because he almost perfectly addresses a lot of the needs we have up front. Muller is a good player, but he isn't the second coming of Ronaldo or Messi and he isn't worth €82m.

agree 100%. muller is a top pro, great player, but if you are naming the top 5 or 10 forwards in the world he wouldn't be in that bracket. £40m tops and even that would be over paying

I know we won't sign him but just looking over some Muller stats and my god he has been so consistent in the Bundesliga.
    Stats for Bundesliga:
    2014/2015 Apps(32) goals(13) assists(10)
    2013/2014 Apps(31) goals(13) assists(10)
    2012/2013 Apps(28) goals(13) assists(11)
    2011/2012 Apps(34) goals(7) assists(7)
    2010/2011 Apps(34) goals(12) assists(11)
    2009/2010 Apps(34) goals(13) assists(6)

They are some of the most consistent assists and goals stats I've seen. (now I have jinxed him and he'll have a terrible season)

What has Di Maria's stuggles got to do with whatever fee for Muller?

Would Di Maria have struggled less with a lesser fee?

Would Muller struggle just because he (may) cost the same?

Would Muller struggle less if he cost less?

I don't like United overpaying when we don't need to, but if Muller (and Di Maria) are banging them in for United next season I won't care one jot what they cost.

Even with Fellaini, I don't care really that he cost 27million - its irrelevant now - but I was/am annoyed that we could have got him for 23million a month earlier. It was needless overspend that annoyed me, not the fee itself.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    agree 100%. muller is a top pro, great player, but if you are naming the top 5 or 10 forwards in the world he wouldn't be in that bracket. £40m tops and even that would be over paying

We'll Muller plays most of his football for Bayern out wide rather than in the main striker role but I would definetely rank in the top ten without hesitation. His goal scoring ability, goal creating ability, control on the ball and determination are brilliant. He's still only 25, has performed consistently during his entire career.

25 years old and already has 10 world cup goals (ranked in the top ten all time world cup scorers) and only 6 from beating the record and ranked 7th in Bayerns all time scorers with over 100 goals. All this from a guy who most of the time is played as a wide forward or attacking midfielder, or supporting forward rather than the main centre forward. He is definetely world class and would be an absolute gem of a player to get.

It won't happen this window, can't see it anyway, but out of curiousity who would you name in your top ten forwards currently playing? I'd have a spot for Muller there in mine, not just for his goal scoring but his overall play and impact, plus the fact at 25 he still could just get better and better.

EDIT: Also interesting stat for last season, he played 42 games, scored 20 goals and 13 assists. In those 42 games he played 21 as CF (previous seasons have been around 12).
    In those 21 games as CF he got 13 goals and 7 assists, the rest of the games were spread around AMC,FWR,MC and one game as LM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Choo Choo

354549.png

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT I SAID ON THOMAS!

TheDoc wrote: »
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT I SAID ON THOMAS!

Ha I posted it a while back apologising for not putting in on Thomas :P, I just felt the united red suited VG and the money green Ed :P

Apparently AS ae reporting that we are closing on Otamendi and LVG wants to partner him with Ramos.

I've argued against the thoughts United would go such a route - in terms of defensive numbers, cost etc - and this story may indeed be rubbish or we fail to buy either/both... but fook. Just imagine if we signed both (along with Darmian and at least one CM...). IMAGINE!

What has Di Maria's stuggles got to do with whatever fee for Muller?

If the fee for any player doesn't matter then just bid €150m, give him €30m per year in wages and just get the deal done.

Except of course the fee does matter, players have value and clubs have finite resources and so should act accordingly.

What does Di Maria have to do with it? Di Maria is just the latest in a long line of examples showing that there are no sure things, that there are very few guarantees when it comes to performance and with that knowledge well run clubs should be even more careful about blowing their wad all over some big name player.

You are talking double the price of the likes of Costa and Aguero, you would need to be talking about an absolute monster of a player who is guaranteed to be a success before that price becomes reasonable, and frankly we aren't talking about that with Muller. He's a great player, but he ain't Messi.

If Di Maria isn't an example of why its a poor transfer policy to spunk massive sums of money on one player then we come back to my original point, will people never learn.

If the fee for any player doesn't matter then just bid €150m, give him €30m per year in wages and just get the deal done.

Except of course the fee does matter, players have value and clubs have finite resources and so should act accordingly.

What does Di Maria have to do with it? Di Maria is just the latest in a long line of examples showing that there are no sure things, that there are very few guarantees when it comes to performance and with that knowledge well run clubs should be even more careful about blowing their wad all over some big name player.

You are talking double the price of the likes of Costa and Aguero, you would need to be talking about an absolute monster of a player who is guaranteed to be a success before that price becomes reasonable, and frankly we aren't talking about that with Muller. He's a great player, but he ain't Messi.

If Di Maria isn't an example of why its a poor transfer policy to spunk massive sums of money on one player then we come back to my original point, will people never learn.
    Its a poor policy to overspend on players who aren't worth it. I'd spunk large amounts (heh!) on Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Bale, Hazard, Aguero - they are all single players I'd spend massively on. I'm not saying spend 60million on Muller - but its a poor arguement to say don't spend it on him just because ADM hasn't worked out, yet.

25 years old and already has 10 world cup goals (ranked in the top ten all time world cup scorers) and only 6 from beating the record

I hope this point doesn't get repeated over and over in here. Would we ever have paid an equivalent price for Miroslav Klose?

But if it's well within the clubs budget what the problem? The fees don't hurt the club so I don't see why fans get so worked up about it.

But if it's well within the clubs budget what the problem? The fees don't hurt the club so I don't see why fans get so worked up about it.

Because it does hurt the club.

• Advertisement

Because it does hurt the club.

Please explain how.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement