Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm not saying the big investment is never the right choice, clearly the likes of Ferdinand and Ronaldo and Rooney have shown that often it is the right choice to spend whatever it takes to get the man. But it should be the exception rather than the rule, and I don't think Di Maria was worth the exception, and I don't think Muller would be either.

Fair enough, on the Di Maria thing I would wait until his career with us is over before calling it a mistake/disaster/failing.

Also on Muller, it's a bit I say you say. I reckon he'd be worth it and do well while you reckon he isn't worth spending that much money on. Again neither of us really have anything to prove our opinions right, unless he joins (but that won't happen :P).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

irishfeen wrote: »
    Huh? WTF?

He hates Shaw it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

He hates Shaw it seems.

Hates a strong word. Massively disappointed is more apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

TheDoc wrote: »

Crocked piece of s**t is crazy harsh language to use.

He's growing into his body as he's only 19. He came back half a stone lighter this week after the tailored fitness program the club put him on. You'll see a different Luke Shaw this season hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Luke Shaw didn't have the greatest of first season's at United, jesus give the kid a break, not his fault for getting crocked so often.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

In fairness he played 35 league games for So'ton the season before so we didn't sign a crock. Quite simply LVG broke him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Roquentin wrote: »

GK
    Darmian--CB--Smalling --Shaw
    Blind
    Herrera
    Schiniderlin
    ADM
    Depay
    Rooney

35002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ahhh doc. Don't be venturing into that territory with the great unwashed hoards of ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In fairness he played 35 league game for So'ton the season before so we didn't sign a crock. Quite simply LVG broke him.

United's shocking records with injuries has been established well before LVG took over. I reckon the training centre was built on an Indian burial ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Attacking Shaw and calling him a crock on what happened in his first season is ridiculous - bordering stupid.

If I remember correctly wasn't he a beast v Chelsea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

THAT'S IT DOC, YOU'RE DOWN TO THE BACK CARRIAGE OF THE POSITIVITY TRAIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

So where exactly are we on all this. Has this player been bought or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

looking at some of darmians clips online his pace and power are going to make for some exciting stuff if he gets the ball and can counter attack into space.

no, until you see it on the official Man Utd website its not a done deal

hes currently on the positivity train from london the manchester...... well thats what i imagine is where he is :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Crocked piece of s**t is crazy harsh language to use.

He's growing into his body as he's only 19. He came back half a stone lighter this week after the tailored fitness program the club put him on. You'll see a different Luke Shaw this season hopefully.

These tailored fitness plans sound a bit dodgy to me sometimes. He came back heavy last year so is then critised by the manager and presumably run into the ground for a couple of months after a very strenuous season that didn't end until quite late for him. Could be a lot of the issue, especially with a new player, taking on all that extra work.

We shall wait..we don't want premature giffing.

Liam O wrote: »
    These tailored fitness plans sound a bit dodgy to me sometimes. He came back heavy last year so is then critised by the manager and presumably run into the ground for a couple of months after a very strenuous season that didn't end until quite late for him. Could be a lot of the issue, especially with a new player, taking on all that extra work.

its not just the fitness routine he has to do its also the diet their dietitian puts him on. most of his injuries last year (2 i think against arsenal) were sloppy tackles by opposition players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote: »
    no, until you see it on the official Man Utd website its not a done deal
    Jon Obi Mikel says hello Bangkok

• Advertisement

Would be interesting to know the clubs opinion on Shaws fitness right now. Obviously we will never find that out, or at least it is unlikely, but I would love to know if he has returned to pre-season training much closer to optimum levels than he had when he arrived last summer. I would assume he has learned from last summer, but would love to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

we gave them over the odds, way over the odds, for a crocked piece of **** last year.

unnamed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Seems people are putting money on Schweinsteiger to join. Odds have it near 50/50 for him to stay/leave and join us.

Would be interesting to know the clubs opinion on Shaws fitness right now. Obviously we will never find that out, or at least it is unlikely, but I would love to know if he has returned to pre-season training much closer to optimum levels than he had when he arrived last summer. I would assume he has learned from last summer, but would love to know.

I reckon it was a tough adjustment for Shaw, new club and training regime but also the fact he was joining a new club at the time of a new manager. Can be hard to join a new club but even harder when the club is only getting used to a new manager and style too. If you join a club with it's structure and tactics already in place I think the players there before you can help you out a lot but in his scenario a lot of them we're experience working with VG for the first time too.

I fully expect him to have a good year and think his fitness this year will be miles ahead of what it was last year coming into the season.

Also, now maybe I am completely reading too much into this and over thinking it quite a bit, but in a lot of the training photos I saw when they were paired into twos Shaw and Depay were together. I imagine he had them together as he sees them as the left sided starters and wants to build up a good understanding and relationship between them.

The idea of having Depay and Shaw on the left really excites me.Both young guys and I would love to see it grow into a long and successful partnership. I'd wager most right backs wouldn't like the thought of having both of them to worrry about!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems relevant; Steve Bates wrote in the mirror that Shaw lost three kilos since the season ended after being put on an individual training reigime, and that LVG is happy with the progress he's made.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-luke-shaw-lost-6001758

Florentino Perez asked about Ramos by Al Jazeera and said the De Gea deal is done.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/618775065879019521
    Perez and will Ramos stay: "I don't know... in principle he will stay."

Perez doesn't sound too sure there.

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Jon Obi Mikel says hello Bangkok

yea it was a done deal. We did sign him for £4m

Chelsea then signed him for £16m. We got £12m, Lyn got £4m.

and people say United are crap at selling players :)

i really dislike perez

At. Madrid are seemingly trying to sign the Sporting keeper - wonder if Oblak is off? Interesting.

Wouldn't be surprised if DDG is done and Ramos doesn't sign for us - was always going to be a massive longshot on that one, imo. If we don't get the deal done at the same time, Ramos won't be joining us unless he REALLY wants to and makes it publicly know or puts in a transfer request as hanging on to DDG was the only real leverage United had in this game.

As long as we get in Otamendi, i'll not be too upset about not getting Ramos.

Why would Ramos need it to be publically known he wants to leave, to make it happen?

Why do we need to know? We aren't part of the negotiation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

At. Madrid are seemingly trying to sign the Sporting keeper - wonder if Oblak is off? Interesting.

Wouldn't be surprised if DDG is done and Ramos doesn't sign for us - was always going to be a massive longshot on that one, imo. If we don't get the deal done at the same time, Ramos won't be joining us unless he REALLY wants to and makes it publicly know or puts in a transfer request as hanging on to DDG was the only real leverage United had in this game.

As long as we get in Otamendi, i'll not be too upset about not getting Ramos.

And the longer the DDG saga has gone on, the more convinced I've become that LVG sees Valdes as the future. There's been no substantial news on us looking for another keeper, making me think the club could afford to let it drag on.

And he might be the answer. We only have the evidence of one game, back from a long lay-off, where he displayed strengths and weaknesses, but he may be impressing LVG in training.

• Advertisement

And the longer the DDG saga has gone on, the more convinced I've become that LVG sees Valdes as the future. There's been no substantial news on us looking for another keeper, making me think the club could afford to let it drag on.

And he might be the answer. We only have the evidence of one game, back from a long lay-off, where he displayed strengths and weaknesses, but he may be impressing LVG in training.

For the last week, we have been hearing reports utd have been contacting players since April.
    One of the journalists admitted they know nothing.

'Some old school, off the radar transfer' is what he said.

You can be absolutely 100% sure, that if Dave was leaving, we have approached a few goalies.

Rumours that Lloris to United is agreed with the player (and the player claiming some 'understanding' with Levy) so it is possible that we are comfortable to pull the trigger on that one when/if the time comes.

But yes, there is the possibility Valdes is deemed good enough. With a better defence he might be. Also rumours the other day about him rejecting a move to Valencia - to fight for the first team spot at United, which would indicate he reckons DDG is off, and it isn't a big name keeper coming in.

he would also be helped with a stronger defense in front of him and a bit of focus on training to deal with crosses. hes certainly got the physique that he should be able to power through players and punch away the ball.

personally if we are letting de gea go :( and hes happy to let valdes be number 1 i'd be ok with that but i wouldnt mind getting in a keeper with a bit of PL experience as competition say Begovic or Krul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Rumours that Lloris to United is agreed with the player (and the player claiming some 'understanding' with Levy) so it is possible that we are comfortable to pull the trigger on that one when/if the time comes.

But yes, there is the possibility Valdes is deemed good enough. With a better defence he might be. Also rumours the other day about him rejecting a move to Valencia - to fight for the first team spot at United, which would indicate he reckons DDG is off, and it isn't a big name keeper coming in.

I'd only trust and understanding with Levy if I had one of his family held hostage! :D

Any rumours on the goalie front seemed weaker even than the other rumours. But we should have a stronger defence anyway if we get a CB (assuming Damo stays at RB)

Fantasy transfer window team:

Lloris
    Darmian--Ramos--Otamendi--Shaw
    Herrera--Schneiderlin--Schweinsteiger
    --Muller--Rooney--Depay

It might be good enough to win the Premier League...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We wont win the league with Valdes in goals.

adox wrote: »

prepare to be quoted in may :pac:

Won't win it this season anyway. 2nd is nailed on though. :pac:

magnumbud wrote: »

That's exactly what I was going to reply with :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

anigif_enhanced-5600-1408401036-6.gif

• Advertisement

United and Rene Ramos in talks in April about a move if we are to believe the Spanish papers.
    To make it worse, they say it was when Real Madrid were playing Atletico Madrid.

I wonder what in principle he stays means, does it mean he is going but Perez doesn't want to be associated with it so claims ignorance with a 'I don't know'. In principle he says being: it is all on Ramos if he leaves?

RobertKK wrote: »
    Rene Ramos
    whose that :pac:

EDIT: never mind i see its his brother silly me :P

I wonder what in principle he stays means, does it mean he is going but Perez doesn't want to be associated with it so claims ignorance with a 'I don't know'. In principle he says being: it is all on Ramos if he leaves?

"In principle" usually means "That's the plan, but it's not official".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

magnumbud wrote: »

Would love to be proven wrong of course and quoted and laughed at come May but I honestly dont think he is good enough.

Would love to be proven wrong of course and quoted and laughed at come May but I honestly dont think he is good enough.

if he had to deal with the barrage of shots on target that de gea had to deal with the last 2 seasons i'd agree but if we get a solid defence in front of him i'd wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

He has the saves in his locker but it's getting back to that consistency he had at Barcelona. All depends on what changes are made to defence. If we cough up the chances we did last year then realistically we won't win with anyone in goal bar De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You keep saying that as if nobody has ever won anything with him in goals. If he's not there I can't think of another who'd have the experience to deal with having to come into the hottest seat in goalkeeping and not be fazed and is available, much less already at the club. People are bringing up his supposed weakness under crosses, something he has done well with for years at this stage. He has had a very underrated career considering he's never had the best defenders in the world ahead of him.

"In principle" usually means "That's the plan, but it's not official".

Yeah seems to be a lot of question marks over Ramos.

Meanwhile it is being reported Porto and Real Madrid have come to an agreement for Casillas to leave the Bernabeu.

Fantasy transfer window team:

Lloris
    Darmian--Ramos--Otamendi--Shaw
    Herrera--Schneiderlin--Schweinsteiger
    --Muller--Rooney--Depay

It might be good enough to win the Premier League...

Heres a proper Fantasy transfer window team

de gea

Lahm
    Ramos
    Silva
    Alaba

Schweinsteiger---Pogba----di Maria

Bale
    Messi
    Ronaldo

Im sure we would have the league wrapped up by march :D

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    You keep saying that as if nobody has ever won anything with him in goals. If he's not there I can't think of another who'd have the experience to deal with having to come into the hottest seat in goalkeeping and not be fazed and is available, much less already at the club. People are bringing up his supposed weakness under crosses, something he has done well with for years at this stage. He has had a very underrated career considering he's never had the best defenders in the world ahead of him.

For the successful part of his career the opposition rarely had the ball to take a shot against him, or a packed box to lump the ball in to. He wasn't test near as much for Barca as he would be for United. While the defenders at Barca may not have been amazing (Puyol, Pique, Alves aren't bad.... are they?) they stopped the opposition attacks by simply never letting them have the ball - and making the oppo fearful to actually commit men forward on the attack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement