Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I think something I would be happy with, that many wouldn't. Would be the following.

Preston North End want Sam Johnstone on loan again. He was on loan with them this year after Christmas, played 18 games, helped get them promoted to the Championship and picked up 4/5 MoTM performances on the way.

The guys just turned 22, I wouldn't been too upset to see Valdes come in and start next season (with some competition) as Johnstone gains experience in Championship. Hopefully he has a great season with PNE (help keep them up.) Then the season after he either goes on loan to a championship side or low PL side.

All the time Valdes is doing a respectful job with us with our new solid defence (I hope). After 2-3 seasons of Valdes as starter Johnstone who has shown his ability stays to contest the starting role. Game time is split between them and by the end of the season Johnstone has the starters role. Happy Days.

Maybe the romantic in me wants to see this happen, as I love seeing players come through the youths. Johnstone has the physical attributes to be a great keeper, tall, strong and hopefully with time he can be very good. Again maybe I'm blinded by my desire to see a player make the step to starter from youths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/618788003071283200

Announcement on Casillas leaving Madrid in the coming hours,expect a ramp up in De Gea gossip to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote: »
    Heres a proper Fantasy transfer window team

de gea

Lahm
    Ramos
    Silva
    Alaba

Schweinsteiger---Pogba----di Maria

Bale
    Messi
    Ronaldo

Im sure we would have the league wrapped up by march :D

Where's your side show bob???
    C'mon Bang, not enough of this guy in that team.....

you've made him sad.....
    th?&id=JN.7xhOR91pje3gGJ2MrqN93w&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I think something I would be happy with, that many wouldn't. Would be the following.

Preston North End want Sam Johnstone on loan again. He was on loan with them this year after Christmas, played 18 games, helped get them promoted to the Championship and picked up 4/5 MoTM performances on the way.

The guys just turned 22, I wouldn't been too upset to see Valdes come in and start next season (with some competition) as Johnstone gains experience in Championship. Hopefully he has a great season with PNE (help keep them up.) Then the season after he either goes on loan to a championship side or low PL side.

All the time Valdes is doing a respectful job with us with our new solid defence (I hope). After 2-3 seasons of Valdes as starter Johnstone who has shown his ability stays to contest the starting role. Game time is split between them and by the end of the season Johnstone has the starters role. Happy Days.

Maybe the romantic in me wants to see this happen, as I love seeing players come through the youths. Johnstone has the physical attributes to be a great keeper, tall, strong and hopefully with time he can be very good. Again maybe I'm blinded by my desire to see a player make the step to starter from youths.

I think he'll very soon be a better option than Lindegaard. His distribution is already better. He was excellent on loan last season. Literally every game report I read was raving about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think Di Maria is a better player than Muller

In fact I think Di Maria on form is better than all of Bayern's players currently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mine:

De Gea

Alaba Smalling Otamendi Darmian
    Di Maria Herrera Mata/Fellani Schiederlien Young
    Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Heres a proper Fantasy transfer window team

de gea

Lahm
    Ramos
    Silva
    Alaba

Schweinsteiger---Pogba----di Maria

Bale
    Messi
    Ronaldo

Im sure we would have the league wrapped up by march :D

That team is all well and good bang man but most of em would never have experienced Stoke away of a wet Tuesday evening.

Spoofers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mine:

De Gea

Alaba Smalling Otamendi Darmian
    Di Maria Herrera Mata/Fellani Schiederlien Young
    Rooney

You made a typo mate you typed fellani but we all know you didn't mean it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think Di Maria is a better player than Muller

In fact I think Di Maria on form is better than all of Bayern's players currently

People are going to have a problem with Di Maria for the same reasons that they have a problem with Nani. They are similar in that their assist numbers are going to be far higher than their goal numbers and this involves taking on 2 or 3 players everytime and it not working out every single time. He's a great big game player but can definitely force things that aren't on at times and that's hated in Britain and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭secman

Top top keepers are grossly undervalued in terms of transfer market. DDG should be €60 m minimum. . based on what we are paying out for outfield players. Look how hard it is to replace them. In between The great Dane and VDS and DDG we have had numerous duds.. they pay their way in points on the league table. They tend to be so consistent and rarely let you down.... so unlike wingers for example......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Darmian spotted arriving by helicopter at Carrington...

apache--z.jpg

Liam O wrote: »
    People are going to have a problem with Di Maria for the same reasons that they have a problem with Nani. They are similar in that their assist numbers are going to be far higher than their goal numbers and this involves taking on 2 or 3 players everytime and it not working out every single time. He's a great big game player but can definitely force things that aren't on at times and that's hated in Britain and Ireland.

Noway don't compair the two that's bull, I'm not a big hater of nani but what was frustrating mostly was he took shots at goal and wasted possession more often then most even tho he had a high assist rate it could of been far higher then it was that's my biggest problem with nani,

Di Maria only suffered from confidence and unsettled last year after injury and all that went on with his house he will be back and is ten times the player nani was for majority of his united career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Time to break out the big white sheet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

statto25 wrote: »
    Time to break out the big white sheet!

did you see tweet before that??

Negotiations ongoing for Di Maria, Muller ruled out; possibility of cash + player deal with Gotze or Schweinsteiger discussed. [sportbild]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Talking out his hoop (as usual) with these unofficial team news twitter yokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

did you see tweet before that??

Negotiations ongoing for Di Maria, Muller ruled out; possibility of cash + player deal with Gotze or Schweinsteiger discussed. [sportbild]

"Folding up sheet" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Maybe I'm being blindingly stupid, but I find the idea of Di Maria leaving this summer laughable. I can't believe this is a story that's even doing the rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would be quite mad if De Gea is allowed to leave and utd barely get anything in return.
    Let him see out his contract at the club. I want a player or big money in return.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Headshot wrote: »
    I would be quite mad if De Gea is allowed to leave and utd barely get anything in return.
    Let him see out his contract at the club. I want a player or big money in return.

Rumour this morning was a €40m fee had been agreed. That would be an acceptable fee in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »

Is it that simple? He's a human being at the end of the day. If he wants to go I wonder will that have any bearing on his performances in his last season, should he stay and not sign a contract obviously.

I'd take a realistic fee for him now tbh. Anything over €35m would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I reckon the goalkeeper position is the one VG is most relaxed about.#

So De Gea moves (and with Casillas about to be announced at Porto I would expect RM are due to announce a new keeper today) and what? United are left with Victor Valdes? Its hardly the same as letting RVP go to be left with James Wilson.

Valdes would be among the top 3 keepers in the PL. I think the focus over time would be to recruit a credible understudy but don't see the keeper position as a need to panic.

Assuming RB is sorted its CB, DM and up front that need attention - Valdes is a fantastic problem to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Darmian move will be made official in a few hours according to Mirko Corli (Italian journo).

Schneiderlin to get sorted over the weekend and we'll be flying.

Funny, of all the problem positions we had this off-season it looked unlikely that RB would be the first sorted. Just shows how little of a clue newspapers and journalists have.

Mendes in Paris to sort out Di Maria move.

Pity but best all round if it happens. Move on and buy someone more suited to the PL.

Heard there's a lad at Barcelona called Messi who's supposed to be quite good.

Darmian move will be made official in a few hours according to Mirko Corli (Italian journo).

Funny, of all the problem positions we had this off-season it looked unlikely that RB would be the first sorted. Just shows how little of a clue newspapers and journalists have.

I'll relax when I see schneiderlin been paraded I still think its a vital position to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Coat22 wrote: »

Pity but best all round if it happens. Move on and buy someone more suited to the PL.

where is this being said?

Id prefer to see him stay but I definitely wouldn't be selling him at a loss noway.

Plenty of decent right backs around (and for reasonable money by the looks of Darmian / Clyne moves). Thankfully its sorted and we can get on with sorting the backbone of the team.

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    where is this being said?

https://twitter.com/foot365

Seemingly everything on Twitter is true (and Spanish)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Seemingly everything on Twitter is true (and Spanish)

believe it when i see it

Seemingly everything on Twitter is true (and SpanishItalian)

FYP sir

Bangkok
    I just spoke to Luiz
    This was his reaction to be left out of your fantasy football team
    CJYmpdgUYAASwgy.png:large

If the hand over a couple of their more useless players
    Thiago Silva
    David Luiz
    Edinson Cavani
    and some young lad going by Ibra
    and some cash too....

Yep we'll grudgingly let them sign Di Maria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Rvp to Fenerbahce is done according to a few reports. Contract until 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If it does go through then Im expecting a marquee striker signing before the end of the transfer window.

Its prolly best for the club anyway, he is past his best and is on whopper money, same with Nani (though I wouldn't have minded if he had stayed)

If reports are to be believed thats shaving something in the region of £400k off the existing wage budget.

Madness paying wages that high for bit part players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

I'm worried about who we have to replace him.

Tippex wrote: »
    I'm worried about who we have to replace him.

1414409164462_Image_galleryImage_Manchester_United_s_James.JPG

Sure you'll barely notice the difference.

1414409164462_Image_galleryImage_Manchester_United_s_James.JPG

I see you are clearly worried too if you think that our strikers of rooney and wilson are going to be good enough to compete for 4 trophies. (I'm assuming that chich is going too) there is no way in my opinion wilson is good enough to be our second striker

I see you are clearly worried too if you think that our strikers of rooney and wilson are going to be good enough to compete for 4 trophies. (I'm assuming that chich is going too) there is no way in my opinion wilson is good enough to be our second striker

In all honesty I think it's folly to let RVP go if the plan is to play 433. Rooney as CF, with RVP as backup sounds good to me. At this point in time I can't see that being improved upon, but sure if RVP is leaving there must be some other plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

I feel a bit bad saying this but I'll be relieved if RvP goes. If he does, either A) Utd sign a new striker or B) Rooney plays the entire season in his best position. What could possibly go wrong :p

QuantumP wrote: »
    I feel a bit bad saying this but I'll be relieved if RvP goes. If he does, either A) Utd sign a new striker or B) Rooney plays the entire season in his best position. What could possibly go wrong :p

Rooney could tear his hamstring?

Or even just get kinda tired somewhere in the run of 50 games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Could see RVP balking at the idea of being a back up tbh. He might be quite happy to head to Turkey, be a first team player, still on a good wage and treated like a good cause he's in a "lower" league.

If we're only playing one up top, then it's overkill to have a £250k+ a week player who is sitting on the bench. Would personally rather we look for someone happy to be a back up this year, but look to become Rooney's long term replacement.

or just go completely off the boil "Wayne Falcao"

or just go completely off the boil "Wayne Falcao"

Yeah but the general consensus seems to be that when Rooney goes off the boil, the best way to heat him up is to just keep playing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

With talk of RVP and Hernandez leaving the club this summer it does leave us short up front. With Rooney having a couple of years left in him (in theory), it's hard to see them spending big money on Kane for him to spend more time on the bench than on the pitch.

Any thoughts on who may come in should they leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What? What? And what?

The only sentence that begins to make any sense is the last one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    What? What? And what?

The only sentence that begins to make any sense is the last one.

Some French rags are saying Di Maria is agreeing terms with PSG. Nothing, mind, about us accepting a bid or even going along with it.

If it's PSG, and given how Woodie is at the moment, I'd be expecting €120m and Ibrahimovic :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

Yeah, I wrote that with a touch of irony, hence the " :p " face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

In all honesty I think it's folly to let RVP go if the plan is to play 433. Rooney as CF, with RVP as backup sounds good to me. At this point in time I can't see that being improved upon, but sure if RVP is leaving there must be some other plan.

That's how I see it, I'd love Lacazette but can't see it happening he looks to be staying at Lyon, I'd like Kane too but not for £50m

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement