Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

"There's a guy over there taking photos of me and I'm supposed to be in training"

"Of you??? Yeah right"

GettyImages-479895410.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trilla wrote: »
    Is it that simple? He's a human being at the end of the day. If he wants to go I wonder will that have any bearing on his performances in his last season, should he stay and not sign a contract obviously.

I'd take a realistic fee for him now tbh. Anything over €35m would be good.

I think its that easy Trilla. He help us alot last season but you have to remember utd made him the keeper he is today. When he came first he great promise but was far from the finish article. Utd coaching has helped him to become one of the best keepers in the world.

I wouldnt accept any offer below €35m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Skysports reporting RVP has agreed 4 year deal with Fenerbache. Looks like a done deal

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/618848293569863680

zarquon wrote: »
    Skysports reporting RVP has agreed 4 year deal with Fenerbache. Looks like a done deal

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/618848293569863680

Damn he deserve better than Turkey. This has to mean we are getting another striker thou

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We must have a world class striker lined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Do we have a team left lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We must have a world class striker lined up.

Now I'm not saying it's going to be Ronaldo, but it's Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We must be confident of getting a good replacement in because as of right now we are one bad Rooney injury away from challenging with Liverpool and Spurs for mediocrity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Headshot wrote: »
    Damn he deserve better than Turkey. This has to mean we are getting another striker thou

Fenerbahce now have a very good looking squad, obviously they may not gel but Nani, Meireles, Alves, Kjaer, Diego, Kadlec and a few others along with RVP and they could be something pretty decent. I'd say you'd live like a king with that kind of money in Istanbul too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liam O wrote: »
    Fenerbahce now have a very good looking squad, obviously they may not gel but Nani, Meireles, Alves, Kjaer, Diego, Kadlec and a few others along with RVP and they could be something pretty decent. I'd say you'd live like a king with that kind of money in Istanbul too.

Cant wait to see what the welcome will be like after what turned out to welcome Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

As sad to see RVP go as I was happy day to see Falcao leave. Really thought he had a lot more to give to Utd and was as near perfect as you could get for the role of a LVG striker.

I really do get the feeling now that this summer will be as busy as last summer with incoming players. I'm still struggling to see how we will end up with a bigger squad than last year, which really is needed.

I'm actually dizzy from all the changes in the last couple of seasons. A title challenge may be a season or two away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Robson99

I would prefer to see Lindergaard in goal rather than Valdes. Better shot stopper and better under crossed. Valdes is alright but would be suspect on crosses, however his best quality is what LVG probably wants most. His distribution and confidence on the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You could live like a king anywhere with the money they are on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Robson99 wrote: »
    I would prefer to see Lindergaard in goal rather than Valdes. Better shot stopper and better under crossed. Valdes is alright but would be suspect on crosses, however his best quality is what LVG probably wants most. His distribution and confidence on the ball
    Lindegaard is rubbish. A better shot stopper than Valdes? I don't think so.

• Advertisement

When was the last time lindegaard even played? Or played consistently?

At least with valdes we have a career proven player at the top level.
    You're letting your personal bias get in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Better on crosses maybe but he aint a better shot stopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Will Keane on season loan to Preston.
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 1m1 minute ago
    Good luck to Will Keane as our young striker joins Championship club Preston North End on a season-long loan. #mufc

CJagouVWgAQx33V.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The squad really is reducing in size. It was meant to get bigger with starting players coming in too. A little concerning

yabadabado wrote: »
    Better on crosses maybe but he aint a better shot stopper.

Valdes is a average shot stopper. Gary Bailey would have looked a good keeper in that Barca team

• Advertisement

The squad really is reducing in size. It was meant to get bigger with starting players coming in too. A little concerning
    The squad should be reduced and needs better balance ,starting players have came in Depay and Darmian(confirmed?).

When was the last time lindegaard even played? Or played consistently?

At least with valdes we have a career proven player at the top level.
    You're letting your personal bias get in the way.

Where you see personal bias?????

Where you see personal bias?????

You're posting history mostly.

But also the fact lindegaard has barely even played for utd.

Lindegaard is also awful with the ball at his feet.

We won't win the league with him in goals. :pac:

Valdes is a average shot stopper. Gary Bailey would have looked a good keeper in that Barca team
    I have seen nothing from Lindegaard that has shown me that he is a better shot stopper than Valdes.
    Its used as a stick to beat Valdes with that he played in one of the best club sides ever seen.The guy wasnt first choice at one of the biggest teams in the world for over a decade by being one step up from a third goal post.

I have seen nothing from Lindegaard that has shown me that he is a better shot stopper than Valdes.
    Its used as a stick to beat Valdes with that he played in one of the best club sides ever seen.The guy wasnt first choice at one of the biggest teams in the world for over a decade by being one step up from a third goal post.

I think a lot of the hate comes from people being anti tika taka and just letting bias come into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The squad should be reduced and needs better balance ,starting players have came in Depay and Darmian(confirmed?).

Balance is one thing but I thought we were short enough last year. It seems we are offloading. When you consider we need serious investment in starting players I am not that hopeful of us filling out the squad as we need to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Omid Zamani ‏@OmldZamani 3m3 minutes ago
    SKY Italia confirms that @DarmianOfficial will fly to Manchester 'in the next few hours' to complete his move to Old Trafford from Torino.

Better break out the flightradar. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Valdes fit Barcelona perfectly, great with the ball at his feet, great timing at coming for through balls and confidence to believe in himself through the period everyone was on his back. People underestimate the level he reached by the end of his time there, I don't think an injury like his will have robbed him of any of that and by all accounts he looks great in training. He's in the next level of keepers after Neuer, Courtois and De Gea imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Woodward said to be in talks with Bayern Munich for Mario Gotze.

• Advertisement

Balance is one thing but I thought we were short enough last year. It seems we are offloading. When you consider we need serious investment in starting players I am not that hopeful of us filling out the squad as we need to
    By buying starting players it will fill out the squad.Valencia,Young and Fellaini will all be squad players next season,whereas last season they were all starters.
    We will probably have a smaller squad but it will have better overall quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭secman

Valdes fit Barcelona perfectly, great with the ball at his feet, great timing at coming for through balls and confidence to believe in himself through the period everyone was on his back. People underestimate the level he reached by the end of his time there, I don't think an injury like his will have robbed him of any of that and by all accounts he looks great in training. He's in the next level of keepers after Neuer, Courtois and De Gea imo.

Yeah in the next level. ... why would we want to move down a level in a key area...where else on the pitch would you accept it ?

You're posting history mostly.

But also the fact lindegaard has barely even played for utd.

I have no love for either of them to be honest. Just don't think Valdes is good enough for us to win the league with

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

TheTownie wrote: »

Lol they were brilliant times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Who has left really? RVP and that's about it. Don't get what your on about.

I think a lot of the hate comes from people being anti tika taka and just letting bias come into it.

I think a lot of the love comes from the fact that he played for Barca. They deemed him not good enough for them and no club was in a rush to sign him. There must be a lot of fools out there ‘ o wise one '

Who has left really? RVP and that's about it. Don't get what your on about.

Falcao, RVP, Nani. Most likely De Gea, Rafael...

Squad was really stripped down last season which we got away with because of no Eurpean football. This season we have CL football so need more players.

With it looking like two signings so far, we are currently -1 player compared to last season and most likely -3. There were probably a minimum of 4 first team players needed this season and a squad to back it up. I think the numbers are concerning.

secman wrote: »
    Yeah in the next level. ... why would we want to move down a level in a key area...where else on the pitch would you accept it ?
    If DDG doesn't stay who is in the top level that the OP mentions that United could buy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

TheTownie wrote: »

But he's already on the #PositivityTrain #Choo****ingChooBitches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Well lads, I asked on twitter but I'll ask here anyways.

Do the club have to announce "major" ie, any signings to the Stock Exchange nowadays?

Lot of talk on twitter United clearing house and something big happening.

Now I'm not getting excited anyway, but would be interesting to know if they have to tell the NYSE 1st, if so, won't be hearing anything until tomorrow lunchtime at the earliest if that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

RobertKK wrote: »

Source dude

adox wrote: »
    Falcao, RVP, Nani. Most likely De Gea, Rafael...

Squad was really stripped down last season which we got away with because of no Eurpean football. This season we have CL football so need more players.

With it looking like two signings so far, we are currently -1 player compared to last season and most likely -3. There were probably a minimum of 4 first team players needed this season and a squad to back it up. I think the numbers are concerning.

I feel about 3 players gonna be announced Friday before the tour and then another 3 on 1st of August and if we are really good we might get a surprise fir start of September........

Chhhooooooooo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My main worry is that he's not played at any sort of competitive level for quite a while. Its dangerous to continually say "He was great years ago"; how is he right now. Obviously LVG and the coaching staff will have a better idea than us, but it doesn't ease my fears that after so long without top level football, it's risky to hope he's still at the level we need. Honestly, I'd rather we get someone in who is a more known quantity and let them compete for the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'd be interested in a list of shots posters have seen Lindegaard stop. Shouldn't take long.

I think a lot of the love comes from the fact that he played for Barca. They deemed him not good enough for them and no club was in a rush to sign him. There must be a lot of fools out there ‘ o wise one '

He left them when his contract ran down mainly due to all the changes occurring around the side at the time (and no doubt the thought of a few quid in Monaco).

The fans in particular didn't want him to go.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »

Oooohhh you better have a link that didn't come from twitter.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Well lads, I asked on twitter but I'll ask here anyways.

Do the club have to announce "major" ie, any signings to the Stock Exchange nowadays?

Lot of talk on twitter United clearing house and something big happening.

Now I'm not getting excited anyway, but would be interesting to know if they have to tell the NYSE 1st, if so, won't be hearing anything until tomorrow lunchtime at the earliest if that's the case.

Just read your tweet and came on here to ask the same. Although I don't think Depay was announced to the stock exchange.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in a list of shots posters have seen Lindegaard stop. Shouldn't take long.

I remember one particularly bad City game he had. That's about my memory of him off hand. Know he had a few decent saves in games - I remember him getting praised at the time - but after that looked unsteady and De Gea was rightly brought back in after injury.

If DDG doesn't stay who is in the top level that the OP mentions that United could buy ?

Lloris would be my choice. Should have gone for Cech. He was a steal at that price.

If Robert doesnt have a legit link, I vote with lynch mob him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement