Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

linked in the paper this morning with Coleman, schweinsteiger and cavani.

If we are going to sign coleman, we will only going for one of Ramos or Otamendi. At the moment Ramos is the no1 target and if he cant be signed the backup plan is Otamendi. Suggestions that di Maria will be used in a swap deal for cavani. Hope this is not true, but then again if Cavani goes on to have a brilliant season, di maria will be long forgotten about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Starting to lose faith in my prediction that a signing would be announced this week....

Turans future to be revealed today though unless his agent is a complete spoofer.

He's going to Barca. We can forget him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »

If we are going to sign coleman, we will only going for one of Ramos or Otamendi. At the moment Ramos is the no1 target and if he cant be signed the backup plan is Otamendi. Suggestions that di Maria will be used in a swap deal for cavani. Hope this is not true, but then again if Cavani goes on to have a brilliant season, di maria will be long forgotten about

Firstly, I don't want us to even consider selling ADM. I'll be very disappointed if we give up on him after one season - having stuck by far more average players for far longer.

Secondly, I would really worry about signing a player of Cavani's ilk - as I have made clear many times in here - it would mean, imo, we are signing players for the name/star power rather than the needs of the team. Signing Cavani would mean moving away from the only formation we have looked good in (433) or playing Rooney wide/midfield - neither of which I would be happy about. I simply can't agree that signing an elite level striker is a good move overall - unless they are a player that can (and likes) playing from a wide attacking role, someone like Bale or Ronaldo, for example. I know Cavani has played a similar role for PSG for most of his time there, but the rumours are clear and consistent that his main reason for wanting to leave PSG is that he wants to play centrally, not in the wide role.

He's going to Barca. We can forget him.

Hmmm, I may have spoke to soon

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/07/03/english/1435906153_096121.html

According to that link there has been no offer from Barca and he prefers a move to the EPL and has an agreement with UTD but prefers Chelsea?
    Yesterday the player still preferred a move to the Premier League. In this regard he has an agreement with Manchester United, who have offered him a contract out of Atlético’s reach.

but then.........
    But Arda is still waiting on something concrete from Chelsea, his preferred option. It seems that a possible move to PSG is on the wane.

Acttually that article stinks but maybe Barca is not his destination

Firstly, I don't want us to even consider selling ADM. I'll be very disappointed if we give up on him after one season - having stuck by far more average players for far longer.

Secondly, I would really worry about signing a player of Cavani's ilk - as I have made clear many times in here - it would mean, imo, we are signing players for the name/star power rather than the needs of the team. Signing Cavani would mean moving away from the only formation we have looked good in (433) or playing Rooney wide/midfield - neither of which I would be happy about. I simply can't agree that signing an elite level striker is a good move overall - unless they are a player that can (and likes) playing from a wide attacking role, someone like Bale or Ronaldo, for example. I know Cavani has played a similar role for PSG for most of his time there, but the rumours are clear and consistent that his main reason for wanting to leave PSG is that he wants to play centrally, not in the wide role.

yea I would love to see di maria shine next season and hopefully he will, but judging by some of van Gaals comments during the season it wouldn't surprise me if he did move.

no one knows whats going on behind the scenes we may just wait and see how it works out. also if we did sign cavani and di maria moved to psg and cavani went onto to score 20+ goals, di Maria would be quickly forgotten about such is football

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I really want Di Maria to stay...

Could have a back line of:
    Coleman--Ramos--Otamendi--Rojo

Schweinsteiger...hopefully.

yea I would love to see di maria shine next season and hopefully he will, but judging by some of van Gaals comments during the season it wouldn't surprise me if he did move.

no one knows whats going on behind the scenes we may just wait and see how it works out. also if we did sign cavani and di maria moved to psg and cavani went onto to score 20+ goals, di Maria would be quickly forgotten about such is football

True on the second part - but we'd be better off trying to get Lucas or Veratti off them than Cavani, as they would address more prominent needs in the squad, imo. If we do go for a striker it needs to be one willing to play from wide (and do the defensive work that comes with that role) or be ok with starting on the bench behind Rooney in a lot of games.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I really want Di Maria to stay...

Could have a back line of:
    Coleman--Ramos--Otamendi--Rojo

Schweinsteiger...hopefully.

it will be either one or the other not both. Smalling, Jones, Rojo, McNair and Evans all still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hmmm, I may have spoke to soon

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/07/03/english/1435906153_096121.html

According to that link there has been no offer from Barca and he prefers a move to the EPL and has an agreement with UTD but prefers Chelsea?

but then.........

Acttually that article stinks but maybe Barca is not his destination

If this is true, don't fudging want him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Coleman Is very overrated. We are only going for him (if true) because our other targets have failed .

I have it off a very good source that United interest has cooled big time up until last week.

edd324b4c9dcda260fd4ec3293cd1a4c.jpg

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »

I read a while back, a little before the season ended, that we had swapped interest from Clyne to Coleman. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

why would i lie?

why would i lie?

Because, your agenda. Obvs. :rolleyes::pac:

why would i lie?

Not saying you are a liar.

We are just at that point where lads start busting out the " my mates a season ticket holder and spoke to one of the lads who sells the hotdogs, who buys his bread from a lad who's son works in the superstore"

We are just at that point where lads start busting out the " my mates a season ticket holder and spoke to one of the lads who sells the hotdogs, who buys his bread from a lad who's son works in the superstore"

In fairness, he is talking about a journo, iirc. I don't know which one he is talking about (i don't think he has named him) but it is someone who is paid for his ability to find this stuff out and report on it. Though obviously a lot of people in here think these people are paid to do nothing more than make stuff up and lie all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Way to hyberbolise. Homer's source is not some made up person.

Now, either people can believe that, or not, but smart arsery like the above is pretty childish.

Asking who the source is is also a stupid question, he's not going to tell, so people should either accept what he's saying, or stfu - it's simple.

In fairness, he is talking about a journo, iirc. I don't know which one he is talking about (i don't think he has named him) but it is someone who is paid for his ability to find this stuff out and report on it. Though obviously a lot of people in here think these people are paid to do nothing more than make stuff up and lie all the time.

Well I've family who work in two of the biggest papers in the UK, along with friends who work in Irish media. So I'm not totally oblivious to the good work that goes on, but I'm also well aware of the total rubbish that can go on also.

While it's not always total lies, there isn't always the best due dilligence relating to sources

Way to hyberbolise. Homer's source is not some made up person.

Now, either people can believe that, or not, but smart arsery like the above is pretty childish.

Asking who the source is is also a stupid question, he's not going to tell, so people should either accept what he's saying, or stfu - it's simple.

That's fair enough.

I'm not being a smart arse, we have had people in here saying how a season ticket holder said X, and that is supposed to be some sort of like gospel or accuracy.

If Homer has some form in this that people feel is accurate, that's fair enough, I apologise.

I also didn't ask who his source is, but forgive me for questioning a random lad on boards claiming to have a line on our transfer targets and policies, when some of the most versed Manchester correspondents are struggling.

Don't remember Bangkok getting that sort of free pass when he was spouting some pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Homer is a season ticket holder and im not sure who he knows but im sure some season ticket holders might actually know somebody who might know of player or leak or journalist.

shock horror.

• Advertisement

That's because I personally know both Homer and Mitch (and you as it happens), and know them to be decent lads, and both DO have contacts.

Not Kew, I don't know Kew, he's from Cork.

Hey like I said, that's perfectly fine. I'm not asking for proof or anything dramatic.

Thought it a funny op for a meme, that was pretty much it to be honest.

Although I do have a strong opinion of the sort of "hyperbole" I posted, as I have friends and relatives (especially with my inlaws) who roll out the season ticket holder ITK bull**** frequently and it annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That's because I personally know both Homer and Mitch (and you as it happens), and know them to be decent lads, and both DO have contacts.

Not Kew, I don't know Kew, he's from Cork.

tumblr_inline_nq0eazXbAp1qdrjot_500.gif

I don't know of any season ticket holder on this forum who tries to say "well I'm a ST Holder so I know better than yau".

It's most definitely bullsh!t to be going on like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

hey now leave us corkonians alone :pac:

I don't know of any season ticket holder on this forum who tries to say "well I'm a ST Holder so I know better than yau".

It's most definitely bullsh!t to be going on like that.

More a pet hate of mine that I hear every few days.

Sorry Homer, clearly jumped the gun on you. xoxoxo

• Advertisement

There's a lot of Limerick and Corkonians in here
    where all are the rest of ye from
    Kew's a sound lad i'd never count him being from Cork against him

Must say I've never noticed any ST holders trying to act ITK before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

brinty wrote: »

I was a limerick man. Used to spend my time in costellos with a list if yer names looking for a fight.
    Fancy Dublin boy now.

Sure by that fact, that they might know someone, it could be well that Bangkok is Alex ferguson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Wish I could get a personal bodyguard on here.

Dublin here, on the merry north side

I was a limerick man. Used to spend my time in costellos with a list if yer names looking for a fight.
    Fancy Dublin boy now.

Sure by that fact, that they might know someone, it could be well that Bangkok is Alex ferguson.
    Almost broke my sides laughing at the

Look at you ye big posho living in Dublin... you're probably based in D4???
    What would Paul O'Connell say to you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

magnumbud wrote: »
    hey now leave us corkonians alone :pac:

Rebels everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Roy Keane, Denis Irwin, Brian Carey, Noel Cantwell and eh Liam Miller say hello

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Rebels everywhere

proudly supporting Cork City Fc last night. shame about the result

my first ever uefa game :D

Almost broke my sides laughing at the

Look at you ye big posho living in Dublin... you're probably based in D4???
    What would Paul O'Connell say to you...

I'm a filthy southsider alright. Wouldn't dream of crossing the Liffey to be with the riff raff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think a reasonable time to panic would be if there's no signings by the time the team go off to America

I think by then it would mean things are way way behind schedule considering all the talk of wanting to get things done early and not wanting a repeat of last summer

A lot can happen in two weeks however

I'm a filthy southsider alright. Wouldn't dream of crossing the Liffey to be with the riff raff.

Blow in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

RobertKK wrote: »
    Man City built on oil money.
    United built on football money.

Both buy trophies.

I think a reasonable time to panic would be if there's no signings by the time the team go off to America

I think by then it would mean things are way way behind schedule considering all the talk of wanting to get things done early and not wanting a repeat of last summer

I don't think I'd panic, I'd be disappointed however, as it probably indicates our top priorities arn't coming, which would I'd maybe assume are some big name players.

AS beginning the slight witch hunt against Ramos claiming 55% of fans want him sold:

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/07/03/english/1435907138_842243.html

more stories like this from them the more likely a move will be

i think a reasonable time to panic is if we havent signed anyone by deadline day and its around lunch time and no signs of movement :pac:

That's fair enough.

I'm not being a smart arse, we have had people in here saying how a season ticket holder said X, and that is supposed to be some sort of like gospel or accuracy.

If Homer has some form in this that people feel is accurate, that's fair enough, I apologise.

I also didn't ask who his source is, but forgive me for questioning a random lad on boards claiming to have a line on our transfer targets and policies, when some of the most versed Manchester correspondents are struggling.

Don't remember Bangkok getting that sort of free pass when he was spouting some pony.

I got plenty of crap, all because my brother works at Carrington.
    I actually don't know why its such a big deal anyway. if anyone else wants a job at either Carrington or Old Trafford they can work there if they want. They are nearly always recruiting.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Club/Jobs/Matchday-and-Events.aspx

http://www.candidatemanager.net/manutd/jobs.html

so anyone on here that is currently unemployed or would like a change of job and would like to go across the water, great experience for ye.

• Advertisement

Blow in...

One of the first things I did when I moved up was to walk down abbey street.
    It's like limerick on steroids.

Both buy trophies.

City can buy the good players due to rich owners to win trophies.
    United can buy the good players due to how the club is run to win trophies.

...and some think United are worse than City in this regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the difference is, multiple people on here have met me and know who i am. ive had the same account for 10 years (one of these who happens to know you very well).

the funny thing is, this same poster happens to know this source also (very very well in fact) and indeed knows he is not one to bulls*it.

his message was clear, Coleman "off the radar" this year. while he wouldnt be shocked if it happened, he would be a bit surprised at least as the interest that was there last year, had definitely cooled so much that nobody was talking about it anymore.

this to me means that if this story is now true (as in we are interested in Coleman) our main RB targets have slipped through the net and Coleman was not the first choice signing, but now is top of the "next best" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

One of the first things I did when I moved up was to walk down abbey street.
    It's like limerick on steroids.

Hope you waited until at 6pm to do it as thats the time most of the "locals" come alive around there :pac: Personally Im a west side Dub now living in Meath. Dubln is overrated just like Nani :P

the difference is, multiple people on here have met me and know who i am. ive had the same account for 10 years (one of these who happens to know you very well).

the funny thing is, this same poster happens to know this source also (very very well in fact) and indeed knows he is not one to bulls*it.

his message was clear, Coleman "off the radar" this year. while he wouldnt be shocked if it happened, he would be a bit surprised at least as the interest that was there last year, had definitely cooled so much that nobody was talking about it anymore.

this to me means that if this story is now true (as in we are interested in Coleman) our main RB targets have slipped through the net and Coleman was not the first choice signing, but now is top of the "next best" list.

Maybe Ramos for right back/centre back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MEN have a link to some spanish source that de gea has given Real 24 hours to get rid of cassilas or he will sign a new contract.
    Sounds like crap to me but then again it does tie in with been back to pre-season training starting back and maybe he did give them an ultimatum........ well thats my input to the positivity train... chooooooooooo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

anyone else from the arse end of Mayo? Pretty quiet out here...
    On Coleman, I think he's probably at the same level as Rafael, so if he was a Raf replacement wouldn't be too happy about that. If it was used to shift Evans out though, having Rafael and Coleman battling it out for RB would be grand.

mcratsix wrote: »
    On Coleman, I think he's probably at the same level as Rafael, so if he was a Raf replacement wouldn't be too happy about that. If it was used to shift Evans out though, having Rafael and Coleman battling it out for RB would be grand.

when we were linked with coleman say 2 years ago i thought it would be a waste as he is on the same level as rafael and raf would get the spot and thinking with my irish green tinted glasses it would be bad for his development but now looks like rafael is not gonna shake the injury problems and perhaps LvG doesnt rate him so i'd go for him to be first choice

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

mcratsix wrote: »
    Aye, another culchie reporting

• Advertisement

Turans last tweet was this about 23hr's ago
    Some media outlets, reports are not correct for what I've done in celebration of the transfer. I'm on vacation and just resting.

https://twitter.com/ArdaTuran10line/status/616573932225871874

I don't think his destination will be know today despite what his agent has said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement