Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It is plausible for people to not think Valdes should be De Geas replacement without being anti Barca or biased. They(me) probably just don't rate them as highly as others. Shock horror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Why the f**k would Utd sign Gotze now when they just landed Depay a few months ago?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Why the f**k would Utd sign Gotze now when they just landed Depay a few months ago?

Different positions? I think Gotze is more a #10, while Depay is a winger, right?

Better question is why would we need another #10 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just get the SAS and CB and laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

adox wrote: »
    Falcao, RVP, Nani. Most likely De Gea, Rafael...

Squad was really stripped down last season which we got away with because of no Eurpean football. This season we have CL football so need more players.

With it looking like two signings so far, we are currently -1 player compared to last season and most likely -3. There were probably a minimum of 4 first team players needed this season and a squad to back it up. I think the numbers are concerning.

Yeah but Nani didn't even play for us last season, De Gea and Rafael haven't left yet and the other two would be backup at best. Stating something like 'worried about the size of the squad' doesn't make sense at the start of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

yabadabado wrote: »
    By buying starting players it will fill out the squad.Valencia,Young and Fellaini will all be squad players next season,whereas last season they were all starters.
    We will probably have a smaller squad but it will have better overall quality.
    Who has left really? RVP and that's about it. Don't get what your on about.
    Falcao, RVP, Nani. Most likely De Gea, Rafael...

Squad was really stripped down last season which we got away with because of no Eurpean football. This season we have CL football so need more players.

With it looking like two signings so far, we are currently -1 player compared to last season and most likely -3. There were probably a minimum of 4 first team players needed this season and a squad to back it up. I think the numbers are concerning.

This.

We want to mount a title challenge and have Europe to contend with. Expecting better cup runs too. Basically we should be back to challenging on all fronts. I can't see us bringing in another 2 strikers, a couple of CB's and a GK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Liam O wrote: »
    He's in the next level of keepers after Neuer, Courtois and De Gea imo.
    secman wrote: »
    Yeah in the next level. ... why would we want to move down a level in a key area...where else on the pitch would you accept it ?
    Robson99 wrote: »
    Lloris would be my choice. Should have gone for Cech. He was a steal at that price.

OP said he thinks Valdes is in the next level after Neuer, Courtois and De Gea.
    Wouldn't United be moving down a level by going for lloris ?same level as Valdes.

Yeah but Nani didn't even play for us last season, De Gea and Rafael haven't left yet and the other two would be backup at best. Stating something like 'worried about the size of the squad' doesn't make at the start of July.

I'm not really sure the time is something here. I can see us buying some players but it would either have to be starters at the expense of numbers or numbers at the expense of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

brinty wrote: »
    Source dude
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Oooohhh you better have a link that didn't come from twitter.
    Headshot wrote: »
    If Robert doesnt have a legit link, I vote with lynch mob him

I was going to use the twitter link but will use their website link instead :p

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/ed-woodward-in-talks-to-buy-mario-gotze-for-manchester-united
    The interest in Thomas Muller is long reported but Bayern Munich are determined he remains with them. Bastian Schweinsteiger is certainly a possibility if he wants the move and Bayern Munich have made it clear they wouldn't stand in his way, with Guardiola having excellent options for Bayern's midfield.
    The latest, and perhaps most exciting, name to have been discussed is Mario Gotze, with SportBild claiming the two clubs have at least spoken about it. Gotze is just 23 years old with the genuine potential to be one of the world's very best players. He's already scored the winning goal in a World Cup final and won a bagful of trophies but there's a perception in Germany that Guardiola doesn't rate him as highly as many. The player's agent spoke to the press this week and said it would be nice if Gotze got more support from Bayern Munich and SportBild think that could be connected with Bayern Munich's alleged willingness to speak about sending him to Manchester United.

I didn't want to quote the whole article but SportBild say Bayern wants Di Maria and United wants a Bayern player if there is to be a deal.

Gotze can play on either wing or as an attacking midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/ed-woodward-in-talks-to-buy-mario-gotze-for-manchester-united

I didn't want to quote the whole article but SportBild say Bayern wants Di Maria and United wants a Bayern player if there is to be a deal.

its happening guys

29elvvb.jpg

ALLLLL ABBBBOARRRRDDDDDDDD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Robson99

yabadabado wrote: »
    OP said he thinks Valdes is in the next level after Neuer, Courtois and De Gea.
    Wouldn't United be moving down a level by going for lloris ?same level as Valdes.

I wouldn't rate Valdes on the same level as Lloris. Hes a level below him at best. We have one of the top 3 keepers in the world. The other two aren't going to be sold by their clubs. So yes we would be moving down a level for Lloris but Valdes is lower again. Understand?

This.

We want to mount a title challenge and have Europe to contend with. Expecting better cup runs too. Basically we should be back to challenging on all fronts. I can't see us bringing in another 2 strikers, a couple of CB's and a GK

Why do we need 2 strikers when we're playing 1 up front and have Rooney?

I'll just repeat this from an earlier thread - Chelsea won the league using 17-18 players and Arsenal (despite all their injuries) used around the same. We have plenty of versatile players - sign Schneiderlin a striker, a CB, and we are sorted. Anything after that possibly a CM or so would be good too.

I still won't believe there is a chance of Di Maria leaving this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

RobertKK wrote: »

If this is the case, I'd much prefer if Utd tried to snatch Alaba or Martinez as part of the deal.

I'll just repeat this from an earlier thread - Chelsea won the league using 17-18 players and Arsenal (despite all their injuries) used around the same. We have plenty of versatile players - sign Schneiderlin a striker, a CB, and we are sorted. Anything after that possibly a CM or so would be good too.

If Utd tried to go a season with a squad of 17-18 players we wouldn't be able to fulfill half our fixtures! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

TheTownie wrote: »
    If this is the case, I'd much prefer if Utd tried to snatch Alaba or Martinez as part of the deal.

or muller/lewandowski

Rooney gets injured. We then need a striker who is good enough to start and someone who is good enough to come on and make a difference. I suppose I think Chicho will be going too so that means we need 2 and of good quality too.

I really don't agree that we have enough, especially when you look at the injury record of some of the players we will be relying upon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My main worry is that he's not played at any sort of competitive level for quite a while. Its dangerous to continually say "He was great years ago"; how is he right now. Obviously LVG and the coaching staff will have a better idea than us, but it doesn't ease my fears that after so long without top level football, it's risky to hope he's still at the level we need. Honestly, I'd rather we get someone in who is a more known quantity and let them compete for the spot.

Yeah.

That's the thing though. We are trying to judge him based on conditions we have no idea of or no experience of, hen ye coaching staff do.
    If they do go ahead with him, it's not as if money isn't an issue to sign someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Alaba would be epic signing. If I had choice of 2 players from Bayern it be him and Muller.

Bastian be super too.

Dont think be that lucky.

• Advertisement

I'm not really sure the time is something here. I can see us buying some players but it would either have to be starters at the expense of numbers or numbers at the expense of quality.

Well we have no way of knowing, and I'll worry about the squad size close to the season start.

And I'd rather have quality than quantity anyways - how long have we seen average players replace other average players when coming on? What's the point in keeping around players for 2-5 games a season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There really is no need for Gotze with Mata in the team

Bastian be super too.

Dont think be that lucky.

Are you typing in a Devon accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

giphy.gif

Different positions? I think Gotze is more a #10, while Depay is a winger, right?

Better question is why would we need another #10 :pac:

Is Gotze not really a left sided attacking midfielder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is Gotze not really a left sided attacking midfielder?

No.
    He's a 10 who can play wide .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    No.

Or a wide player who can play as a #10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Are you typing in a Devon accent?

M R Spiders M R. C Dem B-D I'S

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    No.

Fair enough... I could have sworn aby time i saw him play he was mainly on left wing.

If Utd tried to go a season with a squad of 17-18 players we wouldn't be able to fulfill half our fixtures! :pac:

We only played 18 players last season in the league regularly with one or two games each for about 4 players. And that was with one of the worst injury hit seasons I've ever seen.

The way we will start the season is with around 22 players at least. Which is plenty.

We only played 18 players last season in the league regularly with one or two games each for about 4 players. And that was with one of the worst injury hit seasons I've ever seen.

The way we will start the season is with around 22 players at least. Which is plenty.

While my last post was meant light heartedly, we really do need a bigger squad than last season.

Also I think you are missing a few players in your calculations for player appearances last season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Van Gaal will also want to develop players already around the first team last season like McNair, Blackett, Peireira, Wilson as well as give a chance to one or two more. He will use them to fill out the squad for some of the extra games.

If RVP goes I can see a marquee name arriving later in the window.

https://twitter.com/sporx/status/618861936877268992

Rumour: Victor Valdes to Antalyaspor.

https://twitter.com/sporx/status/618861936877268992

Rumour: Victor Valdes to Antalyaspor.

If true all this selling reminds me of when I play manager on FIFA.

Sell off loads of players, so I can afford luxury players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Shouldn't be surprised Rvp is leaving, Giggs even said a few weeks ago they were looking for a new spine to the team. That means new centre back, new midfielder and new striker. All world class players/potential world class players.. Exciting few weeks ahead

nicklauski wrote: »

Wow we are going to unveil a frontline of
    Ronaldo--Messi--Muller

Will record the repeat at 10pm on MUTV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cristiano_Ronaldo_512589a.jpg

We are not signing.

Ok breathe.

Ronaldo

https://twitter.com/WayneRooney/status/618881031001763840

Wayne is going to be a Daddy again.

Mike Keegan.

https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/618880523142729732

United have re-opened talks with Southampton over Morgan Schneiderlin. Club official travelled down this am. More @MailSport soon. #mufc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Leon Knight saying United are going to break the internet lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/RetroUnited/status/618880656861347840

Choo-choo!!

Edit: only saw same on prev page

Choo....... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well what do you know, patience is a virtue, the transfers are slowly being done..

nicklauski wrote: »

Did he say That when Jock from Wigan was on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Those Crerand quotes are fake. Started by a known wum.

See replies https://twitter.com/Niall_84/status/618876220781019136

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Doesn't Paddy have previous in talking shìte like that during other Summers?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well what do you know, patience is a virtue, the transfers are slowly being done..

No the rumours are growing more intense nothing done yet.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Doesn't Paddy have previous in talking shìte like that during other Summers?

Talks siht 52 week a year to be fair.

Those Crerand quotes are fake. Started by a known wum.

:( Choo choo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

:( Choo choo?

Denied

4e27403d25649b142375a10f814f10d0.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement