Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jayo26 wrote: »
    No the rumours are growing more intense nothing done yet.

Patience, Ed Woodward is only getting started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Paddy Crerand knows less than Jon Snow.

Thats the eejit who swore Fergie was goin nowhere and 10 minutes later United released a statement about fergies retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lord TSC wrote: »
    :( Choo choo?

Chooooooo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If the Rumours are true and its only Rumours then it a rumour which is going to be the rumour of all mother Rumours, then oh my God what a Rumour.

Choo choooooooooo!

All aboard the night train!!!

Edit I know nothing just feeling the Paddy Crenard vibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

GSPfan wrote: »
    Paddy Crerand knows less than Jon Snow.

Thats the eejit who swore Fergie was goin nowhere and 10 minutes later United released a statement about fergies retirement.

Ahhhh the good old world of punditry. Brag for months, if not years, over every single, little, last thing you ever got right... and pretend the rest (that being probably 95% of the time) never happened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If the Rumours are true and its only Rumours then it a rumour which is going to be the rumour of all mother Rumours, then oh my God what a Rumour.

Choo choooooooooo!

All aboard the night train!!!

That was quite a Messi post tbh....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That was quite a Messi post tbh....

Very.

But it was meant to be.

I feel good do do do I knew that I would. Bit of James Brown never killed a man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/omldzamani/status/618890691725254656

I would imagine it will be official tomorrow! :)

Be great to get few signings done by weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

We're signing a keeper...

Unfortunately he's a 16 year old from Barca - Inaki Pena.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He'll be back there within 10 years after we've made him the best in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/omldzamani/status/618893117165428736

Here hoping this mans confidence holds up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He'll be back there within 10 years after we've made him the best in the world!

For less than what we're paying now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

irishfeen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/omldzamani/status/618890691725254656

I would imagine it will be official tomorrow! :)

ALLLLL ABOOOARRRD

scrubs-lovetrain%20gif(4).gif

20 million Euros next week will be 0 Euros

#welldoneEd
    #financialgenius
    #economicbuster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

so we're going to break the internet in the next few days....
    TSC can we have lots of bewbs gifs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

By my reckoning - we've cut our wage bill by around £780k a week in the last 6 months or so (without including the pay rise for Jones). That is mental stuff considering the total wage bill a week is £3.4m.

I feel a spree a coming.

brinty wrote: »
    so we're going to break the internet in the next few days....
    TSC can we have lots of bewbs gifs.....

Ive hundreds if ya want a few, i won't be able to post them from work

I use them for... um... eh.... research :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

utd broke boards.ie

We will do what we like ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭paulbok

We've signed an ink pen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

paulbok wrote: »
    We've signed an ink pen?

This made me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

If there is to be a huge signing ... Please give us Tomas Muller.... I'll be so dissapointed if we sign Cavani.

astradave wrote: »

So they could have Casilla,Casillas,Navas and De gea On their books
    4 keepers for 1 position even Real aren't that nuts
    If Casillas stays and Navas too what's the pint of De gea too??

I feel like there is gonna be two medicals done tomorrow and one friday morning. Call me mystic meg ...

Well the word is Navas will be moved on too if DeGea goes there.

Also L'Equipe is breaking tomorrow that we had an 80m euro bid for Muller rejected and that talks are continuing

https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/618912116628680704

I feel like there is gonna be two medicals done tomorrow and one friday morning. Call me mystic meg ...

Two medical and one on Friday
    And we're gone pull a rabbit Out of the hat
    Totally unknown unspoken off player before....
    #PositivityTrain #choo****ingchoobitches

MysticJayo more like
    Boom boom boom
    Lemme hear ye say Jayo
    JAYYYYYOOOOOOO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rvp exit rumours to Turkey, creditable?

Trilla wrote: »
    Rvp exit rumours to Turkey, creditable?

Id say so its been talked about for few weeks on and off it makes sense

Two medical and one on Friday
    And we're gone pull a rabbit Out of the hat
    Totally unknown unspoken off player before....
    #PositivityTrain #choo****ingchoobitches

I think ed will keep the rabbits for addidas but will get the essentials in before tour on monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Id say so its been talked about for few weeks on and off it makes sense

Makes me sad a little

I think ed will keep the rabbits for addidas but will get the essentials in before tour on monday.

Ed is out a Wabbit Huntin....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Marca tonight reporting that Casillas to Porto has been sorted and he'll get an official farewell at the Bernabeu on Friday. http://www.marca.com/en/2015/07/08/en/football/real_madrid/1436365801.html?cid=SMBOSO34503&s_kw=twitterCM=Twitter

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Makes me sad a little

To be fair he did what he was bought to do for fergie he was a quick fix and worked a threat he was never a deep roooted club player ya wont see him coming back to do appearance on mutv or anything :)

Ed is out a Wabbit Huntin....

Ok this gave me an idea for a photoshop of a certain cartoon farmer and his gun and eds head.... if you get where im going with this ill try it tomorrow haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Marca tonight reporting that Casillas to Porto has been sorted and he'll get an official farewell at the Bernabeu on Friday. http://www.marca.com/en/2015/07/08/en/football/real_madrid/1436365801.html?cid=SMBOSO34503&s_kw=twitterCM=Twitter

Not attacking you personally Cookiemunster, but can everyone stop posting what Marca are "reporting".

They are spoofers of the highest order. A shambles of a newspaper. Honest to God, didn't they post three weeks ago that DeGea would be unveiled to the Real Madrid faithful on the Friday that week? I'll give it to them though, the Real Madrid "faithful" line had me in the knots laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Irish94 wrote: »
    Not attacking you personally Cookiemunster, but can everyone stop posting what Marca are "reporting".

They are spoofers of the highest order. A shambles of a newspaper. Honest to God, didn't they post three weeks ago that DeGea would be unveiled to the Real Madrid faithful on the Friday that week? I'll give it to them though, the Real Madrid "faithful" line had me in the knots laughing.

We can't, because this thread is called Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours, it's right there in the title.

If we stop posting Marca, we can stop posting everthing until the club confirm it. The news isn't posted to suggest it's going to happen, it's posted to inform you that this is what these people think is going to happen, and to keep an eye out incase something develops.

For the most part it's best to ignore most of it, but it's certainly worth acknowledging and possibly discussing.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Affordable and attainable - Team for next season

Begovic

Darmian Smalling Otamendi Shaw

Schneiderlin Herrera

Di Maria

Depay Lacezette Berahino

Begovic is a quality PL proven goalkeeper and no one really wants to get into another negoiation for Levy for Lloris. 8 million

Otamendi although lacks pace can guide the future center backs although my fear is we will get in Vlaar as a stop
    gap so it doesnt hinder the development of Jones and Mc Nair. 30 million

Schneiderlin - goes without saying, his quality is not in doubt and i believe that we can work with Herrera, Blind and Fellani
    can alternate in the Carrick position. 25 million

Lacezette - although not overly proven but has tremendous raw materials and could be the future No. 9 for years to come.
    Looking at the future of strikers in the world game - he looks the best around at the minute 30 million

Berahino - this is the wildcard as i believe he offers additional pace to the team and this young front three would be awesome.
    Hehas shown that he can play with a no 9 already and has the flexibility to play wide. Preferably, I would like us to get Reus
    but I'm not sure that is possible. 22 million

Total bill 115 million

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Begovic

Schneiderlin Carrick

Herrera

Depay Lacezette Berahino

Begovic is a quality PL proven goalkeeper and no one really wants to get into another negoiation for Levy for Lloris. 8 million

Otamendi although lacks pace can guide the future center backs although my fear is we will get in Vlaar as a stop

Schneiderlin - goes without saying, his quality is not in doubt and i believe that we can work with Herrera, Blind and Fellani

Lacezette - although not overly proven but has tremendous raw materials and could be the future No. 9 for years to come.
    Looking at the future of strikers in the world game - he looks the best around at the minute 30 million

Berahino - this is the wildcard as i believe he offers additional pace to the team and this young front three would be awesome.
    Hehas shown that he can play with a no 9 already and has the flexibility to play wide. Preferably, I would like us to get Reus

Total bill 115 million

Really you would find a way to spend 52 million on Lacezette and Berahino to start them when Mata, Di Maria and Rooney are much better and will cost nothing.

For 52 million we can weaken the starting 11 i don;t like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

astradave wrote: »
    Well the word is Navas will be moved on too if DeGea goes there.

Also L'Equipe is breaking tomorrow that we had an 80m euro bid for Muller rejected and that talks are continuing

https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/618912116628680704

I would gladly take Navas if we lost De Gea. He's an excellent keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

sorry di maria slipped my mind so herrera drops back and Di Maria plays behind the front 3

Rooney can alternate with Lacezette but Rooney has been declining over the last few years and its madness to believe
    he is going to be our No. 9 for the long term. We need to look beyond the next year and for future years where there is
    a lack of quality in that position in world football so we should take Lacezette now before he scores a bagful for Lyon
    next season or moves to Liverpool.

Mata can play deeper and would be a great alternate to play on the wing or the di maria role but he is slow and easily pushed
    off the ball.

Where my front three has a LOT of energy and goal threat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,663 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

sorry di maria slipped my mind so herrera drops back and Di Maria plays behind the front 3

Rooney can alternate with Lacezette but Rooney has been declining over the last few years and its madness to believe
    he is going to be our No. 9 for the long term. We need to look beyond the next year and for future years where there is
    a lack of quality in that position in world football so we should take Lacezette now before he scores a bagful for Lyon
    next season or moves to Liverpool.

Mata can play deeper and would be a great alternate to play on the wing or the di maria role but he is slow and easily pushed
    off the ball.

Where my front three has a LOT of energy and goal threat

Maybe don't apply for the manager's job when LVG calls it a day.

Begovic

Schneiderlin Herrera

Di Maria

Depay Lacezette Berahino

Total bill 115 million

Saw front three (minus Depay) and think you're a bit.....
    simpsons-gifs-homer-thoughts2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A shít ton of money to sort the team out for a few years and Berahino is what's come up with? For 22m? Not a chance. Could get Vietto for that kind of money or just play the likes of Pereira, ADM, Mata, Fellaini and put Depay in his best position, all better options.

Are there any CMs in the youth team ready to play a backup role because if not Scneiderlin and at least another will be needed to complete that area.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement