Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

La Parisian saying Di Maria to PSG is almost done, at €60million. Would be surprised if United were willing to take as big a hit on ADM as that after just one season, not least becasue he is the most high profile signing Woodward has pulled off and he's only been here a year.

Personally, I'd be disgusted if we sold him - it would be such a weak move, imo - and feel like we are a lesser draw than, and being bullied by, PSG; as you can easily make the argument PSG is where he wanted to go and we were only a stop gap due to FFP.

I'm really hoping ADM is still a United player in September.

If he does go to PSG, i'd love us to nab Veratti, somehow, in the deal. Him and Schneiderlin would be two excellent additions to the United midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Liam O wrote: »
    A shít ton of money to sort the team out for a few years and Berahino is what's come up with? For 22m? Not a chance. Could get Vietto for that kind of money or just play the likes of Pereira, ADM, Mata, Fellaini and put Depay in his best position, all better options.

Are there any CMs in the youth team ready to play a backup role because if not Scneiderlin and at least another will be needed to complete that area.

I think Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe (could be spelt wrong) are the big hopes in the youth team right now but not sure if they're ready to step up yet.

Are there any CMs in the youth team ready to play a backup role because if not Scneiderlin and at least another will be needed to complete that area.

Best midfield options we would have are Pearson and Rothwell imo - neither anywhere close to having the quality to play first team football for us yet (and I'd argue will fall short as many have been - David Jones, Ryan Tunnicliffe being two in particular that come to mind for me).

On a slightly related note- interesting to see Callum Gribbon training with the first team in the last few days - only 16 I think but very highly rated at the club, has been a stand out performer and eye catcher for the U18 side. There was talk of him leaving this summer (as his contract was up) but he signed a new one amid apparent interest from Liverpool - I wonder if a promise of involvement with the first team squad (in terms of training and maybe the tour?) was part of what convinced him to sign on for United.

La Parisian saying Di Maria to PSG is almost done, at €60million. Would be surprised if United were willing to take as big a hit on ADM as that after just one season, not least becasue he is the most high profile signing Woodward has pulled off and he's only been here a year.

Personally, I'd be disgusted if we sold him - it would be such a weak move, imo - and feel like we are a lesser draw than, and being bullied by, PSG; as you can easily make the argument PSG is where he wanted to go and we were only a stop gap due to FFP.

If he does go to PSG, i'd love us to nab Veratti, somehow, in the deal. Him and Schneiderlin would be two excellent additions to the United midfield.

Fair points Mitch but I don't think he will be leaving.. with RVP looking like he's out the door now too, LVG is not going to sell on one of our few genuine (and possibly only) world class players

brinty wrote: »
    I think Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe (could be spelt wrong) are the big hopes in the youth team right now but not sure if they're ready to step up yet.
    Tuanzebe is a CB and I think Fosu Mensah is more a CB or midfield battler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If Mitch's conspiracy theory about United only being a stopgap for ADM on his way to PSG, then it's better he's gone tbh.

But it's a pretty wacky theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's a laughable article tbf, the are putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with 345, someone on the Caf translated it and posting the contents:

"It should not be difficult to convince Manchester United because di Maria doesn't like Manchester and 1 more year will reduce his value. Add that United have got replacement in Memphis, other contender Bayern have got Douglas and PSG can include Gregory Van der Wiel in deal and so all said and done, his transfer to PSG is done & dusted for 60M Euro."

That's worse than the metro ffs.. do they not realise that we are signing Darmian? No need for Van der Wiel. They say bayern won't be interested cause they bought Douglas with absolutely nothing to back that up and no mention of the recent discussions that have supposedly gone on between United and Bayern. it's bullsh*t of the highest order.

El Confidential saying United are still refusing to discuss any deal for DDG that doesn't involve Ramos coming to United.

I can't see us getting Ramos, unless he puts in an official transfer request and goes public with his desire to leave Madrid - neither of which I reckon he will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

It might be a case that DiMaria just cant settle in Manchester. Apparently he was very down in the dumps after his house was broken into. Maybe his missus is wrecking his head to move etc. Utd may not want to sell but LVG see's no other option with a man who seemed like a shadow of himself last season. Risk another season like that?? Or cut your losses now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

El Confidential saying United are still refusing to discuss any deal for DDG that doesn't involve Ramos coming to United.

I can't see us getting Ramos, unless he puts in an official transfer request and goes public with his desire to leave Madrid - neither of which I reckon he will do.

I'm happy that we are playing hardball with them - sick of being a sort of feeder club to Real Madrid.

kstand wrote: »
    I'm happy that we are playing hardball with them - sick of being a sort of feeder club to Real Madrid.

Yep - i'm happy with how the club are dealing with this; but I think the odds are Madrid will eventually get DDG and keep Ramos, even if it means DDG only gets there next summer on a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

It might be a case that DiMaria just cant settle in Manchester. Apparently he was very down in the dumps after his house was broken into. Maybe his missus is wrecking his head to move etc. Utd may not want to sell but LVG see's no other option with a man who seemed like a shadow of himself last season. Risk another season like that?? Or cut your losses now.

i'd 100% risk another season like that to keep a player of his undoubtable quality in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Why does he need to go public?
    What does the public have to do with the negotiation? Are the media discussing the deal? Are we?

I asked you this yesterday, but you probably have me blocked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Irish94 wrote: »
    Not attacking you personally Cookiemunster, but can everyone stop posting what Marca are "reporting".

They are spoofers of the highest order. A shambles of a newspaper. Honest to God, didn't they post three weeks ago that DeGea would be unveiled to the Real Madrid faithful on the Friday that week? I'll give it to them though, the Real Madrid "faithful" line had me in the knots laughing.

Marca may stir a lot if sh1t but they're Perez' mouth piece. If they go with a player leaving then it's happening, especially when that player is Casillas. More Spanish outlets (including the other club mouth piece AS) are going with it this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What does the public have to do with the negotiation? Are the media discussing the deal? Are we?

While I dont think it makes a big deal I think the going public part has to do with the fans and other players knowing he doesn't want to be there, its harder for Madrid to keep a player that's stated he wants to leave and join another club but its not requirement but the transfer request part would have to do with loyalty payments I dont kneed to explain that.

• Advertisement

Yes I do - cause the only reply to my posts from you appears to be a pop at me 99% of the time. I've looked at this one though.

The reason I think he needs to go public (or put in a transfer request) is because it would then be clear he wants to leave - which would set the Madrid fans against him and play perfectly into the narrative Madrid like of the player not being commited to the jersey so they were sold (rather than Madrid being bullied, somewhat, into selling a player they wanted to keep). It would be politically expedient. Going public with confirmation and/or a transfer request would put it on record that he doesn't want to be at Madrid, which would change the dynamics of the situation.

If Ramos remains quiet and puts in no transfer request then anything written or said about him wanting to leave can currently be denied as media BS by all inovled - so the power essentially remains with Madrid. If he stays (with nothing being confirmed officially that he wants to leave) then it can all be spun as posturing by United/the english media and Ramos remains a public golden boy for Madrid. It could be Ramos is happy for that to remain the case because he isn't arsed about leaving, so would have no desire to go on record as wanting to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Really hope sterling does not become an option for us.no doubting he has raw talent but he is far from proven and his attitude and price would be an absolute deterrent for me

If Rodgers presides over one of Liverpool's best prospects being sold to United then he's be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭KH25

irishchris wrote: »
    Really hope sterling does not become an option for us.no doubting he has raw talent but he is far from proven and his attitude and price would be an absolute deterrent for me

English tax. Its ridiculous money. He has talent alright but he hasn't proven himself to be worth that much.

Yes I do - cause the only reply to my posts from you appears to be a pop at me 99% of the time. I've looked at this one though.

The reason I think he needs to go public (or put in a transfer request) is because it would then be clear he wants to leave - which would set the Madrid fans against him and play perfectly into the narrative Madrid like of the player not being commited to the jersey so they were sold (rather than Madrid being bullied, somewhat, into selling a player they wanted to keep). It would be politically expedient. Going public with confirmation and/or a transfer request would put it on record that he doesn't want to be at Madrid, which would change the dynamics of the situation.

If Ramos remains quiet and puts in no transfer request then anything written or said about him wanting to leave can currently be denied as media BS by all inovled - so the power essentially remains with Madrid. If he stays (with nothing being confirmed officially that he wants to leave) then it can all be spun as posturing by United/the english media and Ramos remains a public golden boy for Madrid. It could be Ramos is happy for that to remain the case because he isn't arsed about leaving, so would have no desire to go on record as wanting to leave.

I don't have a pop at you. I don't care about you. You don't rustle my jimmies.
    I have a pop at your posts that contain a lot of conjuncture like the one above.

But why would he want people hating him when he can just tell Madrid and utd in private that yes he is up for the move if everyone is happy.
    That's what I'm reading from both de gea and Ramos. They don't seem to be pushing for a move, but are happy to move if everything works out clean.

They don't need to tell us their private business or desires. They just need to tell whoever is doing the deal that.
    Why would you tell the idiots that follow soccer that only engage players and ex players with pure hatred that you might leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sterling would be a hilariously brilliant signing. I'd take United paying 40-50 million just to see how much it'd piss off Liverpool fans and have them start saying how he was never good and they always thought he wouldn't live up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Sterling would be a hilariously brilliant signing. I'd take United paying 40-50 million just to see how much it'd piss off Liverpool fans and have them start saying how he was never good and they always thought he wouldn't live up to the hype.

Might as well give the money to Grace Mugabe.

I have a pop at your posts that contain a lot of conjuncture like the one above.

But why would he want people hating him when he can just tell Madrid and utd in private that yes he is up for the move if everyone is happy.
    That's what I'm reading from both de gea and Ramos. They don't seem to be pushing for a move, but are happy to move if everything works out clean.

They don't need to tell us their private business or desires. They just need to tell whoever is doing the deal that.
    Why would you tell the idiots that follow soccer that only engage players and ex players with pure hatred that you might leave?

The Madrid board in this case would need to justify it's actions to the fans as he is held highly by them, so a public show by Ramos would do that.

There is also the case for the loyalty bonus, if the player does not express his desire to leave he is entitled to a loyalty bonus which is usually portion of the transfer fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So do we expect Darmian to be announced during the press conference for Depay tomorrow? Or will there be something today about it.

Might wait until after Depays press conference so he doesn't steal his thunder ;)

astradave wrote: »
    The Madrid board in this case would need to justify it's actions to the fans as he is held highly by them, so a public show by Ramos would do that.

There is also the case for the loyalty bonus, if the player does not express his desire to leave he is entitled to a loyalty bonus which is usually portion of the transfer fee.

So he should subject himself to abuse and hatred just to save Madrid getting the abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If Rodgers presides over one of Liverpool's best prospects being sold to United then he's be finished.

Be gas though.

Because private conversations can be denied - which keeps the fans onside which makes it easier for Madrid to keep him. Again, if he isn't actually bothered about moving, he will keep things private so they can be denied and the fans still treat him as a hero.

Basically - if he really wants to move he will have to force Madrid's hand a bit, imo, which can only be done with an official move the public are aware of (confirmation he wants to leave and/or a transfer request). If things remain private (if things are happening at all) it can be easily forgotten about if nothing actually happens.

It is possible he moves even if things stay as they are - i'm not saying it is impossible - I just feel him making some public move would make it more likely for him to leave than the current situation.

Look at the Sterling situation - he deplorable actions have turned the fans against him, which (imo anyway) makes it harder for Liverpool to keep him. Of course you can also look at the Ronaldo situation - he's still a hero at United; but I do wonder if it would be the same had he left during the first transfer saga rather than after the much more professionally handled season/speculation that followed it.

Have liverpool mates already saying Ibe is a better prospect.

Personally think there is 0 chance of United getting him, and if we are being linked it will be by the agent in the hopes of Liverpool selling and having an 'at least we didn't sell him to United' situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

'The Smartly dressed Spanish Armada' - love it!

https://twitter.com/jamie_murray/status/618839308594716672

Mata is so little!

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So do we expect Darmian to be announced during the press conference for Depay tomorrow? Or will there be something today about it.

Might wait until after Depays press conference so he doesn't steal his thunder ;)

If it goes to plan, or the plan according to the media, I would guess a later press conference as apparently the idea is for him to undergo his medical tomorrow (i think thats what I read) so I would imagine it won't be 100% in time for the presser - though it may be spoken about and confirmed as basically done.

• Advertisement

So he should subject himself to abuse and hatred just to save Madrid getting the abuse?

That's the way Madrid will look at it, they would rather him be vilified than the board and club if they sold a fan favourite. They are already pushing to tarnish his legecy by claiming he is a money hungry person through their mouthpieces in the media.

Ramos probably doesn't want to be seen like that and it's why he won't come out publicly about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭paulbok

If Mitch's conspiracy theory about United only being a stopgap for ADM on his way to PSG, then it's better he's gone tbh.

But it's a pretty wacky theory.

I can't see him going myself, but it was reported last year when we signed ADM that it was a stopgap situation, so Mitch's theory hasn't come out of the blue.
    If such an agreement was in place, then the fee would have to be the same as what United paid, not this reported €60M(£43M).

The £60m united paid last Aug, would have worked out at about €75m then, so allowing for differences in exchange rates (1.25 last August to 1.40 now), If they had agreed to sell for the same euro price this year, it would still be about £54-55M.
    The €60M reported price is one hell of a mark down to be anyways believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Perez said he didn't know what was happening with Ramos, if he would be there next season or gone, but claimed the plan was to keep him. United did the same with De Gea and his contract that he wouldn't sign...
    Neither side will want to look bad with all of this, it probably suits all sides and that includes United, to drag this whole saga out, because then people become more accepting of the player leaving.
    Initially one is shocked when they hear a star player could be leaving, hoping it doesn't happen, when it drags on, people get tired of it. Then it is is easier to do a deal as the fallout is lessened as fans have the time to digest and accept the reality.

I think most United fans have accepted De Gea is going to leave, now just want a good deal. I don't think Madrid fans are at that stage quite yet, but are getting there.

So in my opinion, De Gea does leave but Ramos does too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

[FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]de gea/valdes

Darmian/Rafael

Smalling/Jones
    Rojo/Evans
    Shaw/Blackett

Mata/Valencia
    Carrick/Herrera---Fellaini/Blind
    di Maria/Young

Depay/Rooney/Wilson/Januzaj/van persie

Players who should also see game time this year

Pereira

McNair

of the above, de gea, Rafael, van persie will all probably be sold

also expect to see, new centre half, new midfielder and world class striker come in so all in all a good squad to go into the new season
    [/FONT]

erm, RVP won't be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

erm, RVP won't be there.

Nor will De Gea or Valdes if the rumour mill is to be believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mata is so little!

5f 6 bundle of beautifulness

Also, don't know if it has been mentioned, but a player a few of us had discussed as De Gea replacement Kevin Trapp has signed for PSG. Price is rumoured to be around €10 mill and a 5 year contract.

Didn't hear any rumours about it just the confirmed deal, bit upset to be honest, if De Gea did go he would have been a great buy at that price, I imagine he will go on to build a bigger name for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I went to see Frankie Valli in the point/o2/threearena last night - he finished his set with "Oh what a night"

So I threw in the "Late in May in 1999, Ole scored......" line while singing along, and the fella in front of me shot me a look - so I had a laugh and he turned around with me presuming this fella was pissed with me.

Till the next time around, he turns straight to me and screams "WE BEAT BENFICA IT WAS ****ING GREAT!!!"

Had a drink with him after. Sound fella! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hello all,

First time poster but iv been a viewer of this thread for a few years.

Chooo Choooooooooo

Hope we dont sign cavani, iv never rated him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hello all,

Chooo Choooooooooo

Hop in

Fat_Controller_TTTE_1.jpg

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hello all,

Chooo Choooooooooo

You'' fit in well round here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I know it's still 'sources' but everything is pointing to a swift RVP exit

https://twitter.com/SkySportsAmy/status/619093646592372737
    Robin Van Persie is having first part of his medical in England now ahead of move to Fenerbache - sources

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fjortoft reckons there's something in the Schweinsteiger talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

bangkok wrote: »
    [FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]de gea/valdes

Darmian/Rafael

Smalling/Jones
    Rojo/Evans
    Shaw/Blackett

Mata/Valencia
    Carrick/Herrera---Fellaini/Blind
    di Maria/Young

Depay/Rooney/Wilson/Januzaj/van persie

Players who should also see game time this year

Pereira

McNair

of the above, de gea, Rafael, van persie will all probably be sold

also expect to see, new centre half, new midfielder and world class striker come in so all in all a good squad to go into the new season
    [/FONT]

Really hope Blackett is sold or loaned out. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team imo.

We also have enough other options to cover left back as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

erm, RVP won't be there.

yes I did say he would be sold along with de gea and rafael

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

keane2097 wrote: »
    Fjortoft reckons there's something in the Schweinsteiger talk.

Honigstein reckons that Bayern haven't offered him a new contract with his current one running out next summer. He's meeting with Rummenigge this weekend to discuss his future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Doubt we are going for Bastian.S unless the Schneiderline move isnt completed, but cant see that happening.

P.s- im too lazy to google correct spelling of both names!

Doubt we are going for Bastian.S unless the Schneiderline move isnt completed, but cant see that happening.

P.s- im too lazy to google correct spelling of both names!

Maybe VG made the same mistake when he gave the names of players he'd like and that's the reason to little done deals! The guys in charge of transfers are still trying to find some Bastian S and Schneirdline.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement