Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

With us losing Falcao, RVP and more than likely Hernandez. Plus Rooney turns 30
    Who are the ideas for our new no 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

RVP £4.7MM to Fernabache - good bit of business. Hasn't done it for us since January 2013. Thanks for winning the 12/13 league on your own lad and good luck with the move (got to say Turkey is the last place I'd go but a few hundred grand a week might change my mind)

Expect a big announcement on a new striker to follow the Schneiderin transfer and that'll probably be it for the summer once Ed realises we won't be signing Schweinsteiger or Ramos.

With us losing Falcao, RVP and more than likely Hernandez. Plus Rooney turns 30
    Who are the ideas for our new no 9?

One of Januzai / De Pay / Paddy McNair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Last 4 jerseys I got have kagawa van persie falcao di maria on them!

Not good omens!!

MrMac84 wrote: »

Not good omens!!

Please don't buy a De Pay one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Not good omens!!

Put Evans on next. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not good omens!!

Can you get a Valencia shirt next? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,422 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Coat22 wrote: »

Depay.

And he'll likely have Memphis on his jersey anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't think you can lease jerseys man.

damn you ninja edit

"Rummenigge denied that Bayern were interested in bringing Ángel Di María to the Allianz Arena as part of a possible deal that would lead Mario Götze or Thomas Müller moving in the opposite direction. “That has never been our thinking and not Manchester’s either.”

Hmmm sounds like they have been talking to United about Di Maria though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Any word on James Wilsons contract, isnt it expiring at the end on the coming season.

Hopefully he will be given a proper chance this season or else i can see another janko case and leave for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

"Rummenigge denied that Bayern were interested in bringing Ángel Di María to the Allianz Arena as part of a possible deal that would lead Mario Götze or Thomas Müller moving in the opposite direction. “That has never been our thinking and not Manchester’s either.”

Hmmm sounds like they have been talking to United about Di Maria though.....

No it doesn't.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Any word on James Wilsons contract, isnt it expiring at the end on the coming season.

Hopefully he will be given a proper chance this season or else i can see another janko case and leave for nothing.

Andy Mitten says he signed a new one a good while back - think he says he asked Wilson about it directly, but can't remember for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The Telegraph are saying that we haven't allocated No 9 in the squad - saving it for someone special?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's still great that clubs like Bayern are referring to United just as Manchester, as if the other team doesn't even exist.

small victories.

Andy Mitten says he signed a new one a good while back - think he says he asked Wilson about it directly, but can't remember for certain.

Thats a relief, would be nice to see him start a few games, i thought away to arsenal last season was a game he played really well in.

On other news, Yohan Cabaye is signing for palace, between 10 and 13 million £

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Discodog wrote: »
    The Telegraph are saying that we haven't allocated No 9 in the squad - saving it for someone special?

9 was falcaos. He is gone. No one else has come in, I wouldn't get too worked up over a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

CR9:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Any new numbers won't be allocated until at least the week before season starts. I wouldn't read to much into that yet.

Like the clowns going out buying a Depay 26, Nike jersey, when he will more than likely choose a new number and also the new jersey out in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

magnumbud wrote: »
    CR9:pac:

TC9 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

We are signing Tony Cascarino?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Z9 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Clevz is gone already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Damian's plane is taking a long time to reach Manchester

Must have gone the long way round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

He's on the #PositivityTrain #Choo***ingChoobitches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Spanish paper AS reported that Madrid are not going for Otamendi as they believe player has already chosen Manutd. That would be awesome if true.

Darmian Smalling Otamendi Shaw is excellent backline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Jersey will say Memphis so we'd be safe

LVG and Depay presser tommorow.

In walks Depay and then followed by LVG with a train drivers hat and a tune played by a lady with a saxophone.

Followed by 3 or 4 guys in a train costume, out pops Darmian, Sneiderlin and Ramos.

All the press just shout Chooo Chooo

*then i wake up friday morning and turn on the presser and only lvg and depay turn up.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Any new numbers won't be allocated until at least the week before season starts. I wouldn't read to much into that yet.

Like the clowns going out buying a Depay 26, Nike jersey, when he will more than likely choose a new number and also the new jersey out in August.
    26 is only his training number. Wasnt Ronaldo's 77 or was it Alan Smith? I remember seeing a player with "77" but it was never a squad number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

They're running the yellow tape on SSN claiming the medical is tomorrow. Also showed an interview with the Torino manager talking about the player's desire to play in the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭paulbok

brinty wrote: »
    He's on the #PositivityTrain #Choo***ingChoobitches

Chooo.jpg

Jersey will say Memphis so we'd be safe
    Depay.

And he'll likely have Memphis on his jersey anyway.

Plenty of Pedantic Pats around today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Latest from SSN

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/619112480959283200
    BREAKING: Sky Italia: Matteo Darmian due for Manchester United medical in England tomorrow

nicklauski wrote: »
    Clevz is gone already!

He only ran down his contract so that he could get a huge signing bonus when United came back in for him.

Plenty of Pedantic Pats around today :rolleyes:

Sorry. Dont let basic facts get in your way.

Latest from SSN

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/619112480959283200
    BREAKING: Sky Italia: Matteo Darmian due for Manchester United medical in England tomorrow

Speaking of pedantic Pats - it's hardly going to be in Zimbabwe, is it Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭KH25

Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't necessarily have to be done in England. I seem to recall Ozil doing his arsenal medical in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

26 is only his training number. Wasnt Ronaldo's 77 or was it Alan Smith? I remember seeing a player with "77" but it was never a squad number.

I remember when veron came in he had 7 as his training number and people kicking up a fuss cause they thought beckham going but his was always 23 i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Maybe it took place in Italy? Maybe the club was on tour and it took place there? Maybe he was on international duty in Zimbabwe and the United medical staff met him in Mugabe's bathroom?

Sure, I know the club aren't on tour and that Mugabe doesn't use bathrooms, but I don't see whats pedantic about the media confirming the location of the medical.

Sorry. Dont let basic facts get in your way.

Apologies for my lack on interest in whether his jersey says depay or Memphis or Tennessee or whether he's 26 or 77 or 33 & 1/3 - I'm more interested in the lad wearing it.

Back to days of 1-11 and no bloody names I say:)

• Advertisement

Maybe it took place in Italy? Maybe the club was on tour and it took place there? Maybe he was on international duty in Zimbabwe and the United medical staff met him in Mugabe's bathroom?

Sure, I know the club aren't on tour and that Mugabe doesn't use bathrooms, but I don't see whats pedantic about the media confirming the location of the medical.

Don't be so pedantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

*pedantic

And yes, I did do that just to **** with everyone that wrote it this afternoon....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭KH25

Apologies for my lack on interest in whether his jersey says depay or Memphis or Tennessee or whether he's 26 or 77 or 33 & 1/3 - I'm more interested in the lad wearing it.

Back to days of 1-11 and no bloody names I say:)

As much as I like certain numbers belonging to players - Giggs 11, Scholes -18, Ronaldo 7 etc I would also love to see it back to a straight 1-11. Plain jerseys too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

KH25 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't necessarily have to be done in England. I seem to recall Ozil doing his arsenal medical in Germany.

RVP seems to be doing some of his in England for Fenerbahce aswell too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Does RvP sale mean a replacement has already been bought?

No, if they were bought we'd know about it.

It may mean we are far along with one in terms of contract agreed and some discussions having been held with their club.

I would say so but who.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Last year I was on hols for the last week of the window and missed all the madness, looks like the same is happening again if the text updates I am getting are correct- as in Darmian a done deal and Otamendi advanced! I think I'll go on holidays again next week and also the week after.

Hopefully it's true. For what it's worth, I trust the judgment of my boss who is Italian and a torino fan, and he rates darmian extremely highly and while sad to see him leave, thinks it's a great move for both him and us.

• Advertisement

Why did we pull out of the milk cup?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement