Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently Bild don't go all in on stories like this unless they are sure it's true.

It's definitely true or they wouldn't put it on the front page, tweet about it 5 separate times and add a breaking news ticker to the top of the site. Same thing they did with the Götze transfer.

Would have been a good deal 2 or 3 years ago. Not now. His ankles are f*cked and he's moving to a faster and more physical league. You'll get an okay year or two from him but nowhere near value for money unless there are some amazing doctors in the UK that can heal his ligaments.

Sorry if I sound like I'm raining on the parade, but the rumoured fee of €20m is absolutely insane for a guy who has missed so many games because of ankle ligament injuries and is the wrong side of 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

TheDoc wrote: »
    Haha you have to keep a close eye

Havnt we hijacked a few lads whove been en route to one club to agree terms?

I know, just seems like this has been going on days, give the lad a chance like. It's annoying people need up the minute details of where he is.

Surely any paperwork or medical stuff wont be done until the office is open again. We don't want to be paying overtime like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,662 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Oat23 wrote: »
    It's definitely true or they wouldn't put it on the front page, tweet about it 5 separate times and add a breaking news ticker to the top of the site. Same thing they did with the Götze transfer.

Would have been a good deal 2 or 3 years ago. Not now. His ankles are f*cked and he's moving to a faster and more physical league. You'll get an okay year or two from him but nowhere near value for money unless there are some amazing doctors in the UK that can heal his ligaments.

Sorry if I sound like I'm raining on the parade, but the rumoured fee of €20m is absolutely insane for a guy who has missed so many games because of ankle ligament injuries and is the wrong side of 30.

Your bang on Oats. Injuries have destroyed him which is quite sad since he was a great player in his time

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Probably off somewhere rubbing his hands together & laughing like a villain in a cheesy B horror film, well that'd be my guess.

Probably in costellos telling flan about all the transfers that aren't happening

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Sport 1 in Germany are running with it too.

BL_Latest Transfers ‏@BL_LatestEN 1m1 minute ago

SPORT1 are also reporting that Bastian Schweinsteiger move to Manchester United is imminent. Contract isn't ready to sign yet, though. #MUFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    IF the Schweinsteiger to United is true, dear sweet back flipping ninja jesus, what a signing it would be.

If he declines like ryan giggs did after he hit 30 we are in for a terrible time.
    Who knows what will happen but even if we get two years out of him it would be fantastic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oat23 wrote: »

€20m is only about £14m which is a drop in the ocean for United. While I accept his has injuries, we are getting a proven winner for very little who can play a position we needed that mentality in. Ain't nothing raining on my parade today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Too cheap to subscribe to bild but a translator on phone gives the following translation:

At Bayern, an era ends - and United manager Louis van Gaal may look forward to his desire Player! THE TRANSFER HAMMER OF THE YEAR! After image information of the change of world champion Bastian Schweinsteiger (30) to England is imminent. His salary, his transfer, the contract period - read all the details in Bild Plus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jayo26 wrote: »
    If he declines like ryan giggs did after he hit 30 we are in for a terrible time.
    Who knows what will happen but even if we get two years out of him it would be fantastic.

A certain Michael Carrick is doing alright as well for a player heading for his mid 30s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,407 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

As long as it doesn't mean an end to our push for Schneiderlin (as I fear it will) i'll be delighted to have Schweinsteiger in the midfield this season. A proper leader, which our team lacks.

A certain Michael Carrick is doing alright as well for a player heading for his mid 30s.

He missed half of last season with injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Worst case scenario Schweinsteiger has one truly great year left in him with a couple of good years. Best case scenario he ticks on for another 3 or 4 years at a high level.

In the last 4 seasons he has missed 50 odd games in seasons where Bayern have been playing 50-60 games. The days of writing of a player when they turn 30 are over especially one who doesn't depend on pace.

I know some people are worried about the physicality of the league bit don't think it will be a huge issue.

Most of all the guy brings a leadership that has been lacking since Keane in our midfield. I'd love it to happen but we still need Schneiderlin aswell

• Advertisement

The grapes are already getting sour if we get Bastian.
    I can almost taste them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

He missed the first 3 to 4 months of the season last year, but when he came back from injury just missed two games with injury.

He played 28 games for Bayern last season in all competitions, scored 5 goals and 8 assists.
    I love Bastian, he was the German Roy Keane, hopefully still is, but he doesn't attract the red cards like Keane did, just 2 in his career.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Grand so. Carrick can play half the season and Schwiiing can play the other...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

As long as it doesn't mean an end to our push for Schneiderlin (as I fear it will) i'll be delighted to have Schweinsteiger in the midfield this season. A proper leader, which our team lacks.

Thats what I was thinking as well,I hope they keep after Schneiderlin,he would be a great addition to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That would be the worry.United need both players imo but it could have be Schneiderlin was a second option if BS wasnt available.

• Advertisement

When United went Spanish we went Spanish, then Argentinian and Dutch, start of the German influx.
    Can't wait till we are announcing Muller, I refuse to not believe :pac: :P

Yes but he is 34 so if we get 3 or 4 years out of bastian IF we do sign him It would be good, maybe he wont be up to it butits a decent gamble to take.

RobertKK wrote: »
    He missed the first 3 to 4 months of the season last year, but when he came back from injury just missed two games with injury.

He played 28 games for Bayern last season in all competitions, scored 5 goals and 8 assists.
    I love Bastian, he was the German Roy Keane, hopefully still is, but he doesn't attract the red cards like Keane did, just 2 in his career.
    He missed 13 league games (11+2) because of injury but he played in every other game bar one when available.

"If I was to pick my standout it would have to be, in a World Cup year, a World Cup winner. Thomas Müller, Toni Kroos and Bastian Schweinsteiger were all excellent, but if I had to pick one as my player of the year it would be Schweinsteiger."

Do we need any more opinions? I don't think so.

When United went Spanish we went Spanish, then Argentinian and Dutch, start of the German influx.
    Can't wait till we are announcing Muller, I refuse to not believe :pac: :P

Muller on right and reus on left and bastian sitting back in midfield shouting instructions at top of his voice in german.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Paul Scholes-2014

Do we need any more opinions? I don't think so.

That is good enough for me!

yabadabado wrote: »
    That would be the worry.United need both players imo but it could have be Schneiderlin was a second option if BS wasnt available.

Its the only reason I can think of for us not to have signed MS by now. Hopefully we are simply getting it done in quite and he will be announced early next week, or even at the weekend so that he is able to fly with the rest of the squad to America.

Would be ecstatic if we add BS and MS to midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Holy .... ****ing....****.

Won't believe a ****ing word of negativity about Schweinsteiger. Sure he has had injury problems last year. But he is a monster, a leader and drags those around him

About the cloest we have ever come to replacing Keane. I'm such a big fan of his and he definitly isn't finished.

I'm actually giddy as ****. Wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/sport1/status/619606520838385664

As said this is Sport1 De going with it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Still need to get that Wesley Sneijderlin fella off Southampton.

• Advertisement

Its the only reason I can think of for us not to have signed MS by now. Hopefully we are simply getting it done in quite and he will be announced early next week, or even at the weekend so that he is able to fly with the rest of the squad to America.

I would be delighted if we got two of them we would have one of best midfields in league in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I believe that Schneiderlan is still a target. He is the Carrick cover Van Gaal kept talking about and probably the replacement.

Schweinsteiger would slot into the LCM with Herrera RCM and Scheiderlan/Carrick DCM.

Embarrassing how the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up. Never thought we could land Schweini after he stayed at Bayern after south Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Is it cocks out time yet?

I'm more surprised people aren't giving out about the club paying the employees overtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Who could have imagined a midfield combination as good as Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and Herrera 3 years ago? With the likes of Mata, Dí Maria and Depay ahead of them. Unreal carry on!

Well that would put that to bed... A player like Schweinsteiger would never leave Bayern Munich/Germany.
    Presuming the news is happening...

TheDoc wrote: »
    I believe that Schneiderlan is still a target. He is the Carrick cover Van Gaal kept talking about and probably the replacement.

Schweinsteiger would slot into the LCM with Herrera RCM and Scheiderlan/Carrick DCM.

Embarrassing how the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up. Never thought we could land Schweini after he stayed at Bayern after south Africa.
    Hope you are right.Carrick needs cover/replacement .

Carrick/MS

Herrera
    Schweini
    That would be an excellent trio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's BS... Don't do it lads. ;)

Well that would put that to bed... A player like Schweinsteiger would never leave Bayern Munich/Germany.
    Presuming the news is happening...

I still have my doubts but fcuk me im buzzing with a few cans here now sure bring itnon.

• Advertisement

Bayern Presser tomorrow I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I, for one, welcome our new German overlord!

terminator.jpg

fook it, I'm gonna say it is bull... just like our signing of Gundogan turned out to be. Not believing it til the club start confirming it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Bayern Presser tomorrow I think

They have their annual team presentation tomorrow. The fans come to the stadium, the players are introduced to the fans and do an open training session. If Bastian isn't there.......

One thing that worries me is the article is behind a paysite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

One thing that worries me is the article is behind a paysite

Behind the paywall it just says England. Not man utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You know when it's too good to be true and all that

God I hate been a negative **** for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I know the source is Bild but I'll throw it in anyway.

BL_Latest Transfers ‏@BL_LatestEN 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING: Bastian Schweinsteiger joins Manchester United, according to BILD. #FCB

BL_Latest Transfers ‏@BL_LatestEN 2m2 minutes ago

BILD | Bastian Schweinsteiger is very close to sign a 3-year-deal at Manchester United, €18-20m fee and €10m salary/year. #FCB

qdwzkN7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

fook it, I'm gonna say it is bull... just like our signing of Gundogan turned out to be. Not believing it til the club start confirming it.

You of all people!!! :-)

Wonder if Bild are simply taking the rumours of the 3 year contract and just going with it - so they can be first with the exclusive IF we do sign him.

I hope we are getting him, but I've been burned before....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement