Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Can I ask people to spell quiet correctly instead of spelling it quite. For some reason it confuses the hell out of my brain and stops me in my tracks mid sentence.

Oh and Schweinsteiger is 30 not 40. What age was Ballack when he went to Chelsea. He was brilliant for a few seasons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reading the Bayern fans, they are certainly confident that Bild are on the money; that when they go all in and make it their top story, it's because they are 100% confident in their source. Far too many credible sources saying this is 100% happening now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bangkok wrote: »
    Bild is the English version of the sun, but they are running heavily with this story so maybe a hint of truth it in......or maybe not

I'm going make brave call and say he will either be Man United player next season or he won't.

Thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

On the day City sign Delph we sign Bastian for just 5 million more :p.

Nice way to end the day :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Trilla wrote: »
    A very informative post!!

When I see it on the Bbc or man utds website then il be excited.. Bild is a trash newspaper in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

GSPfan wrote: »
    Can I ask people to spell quiet correctly instead of spelling it quite. For some reason it confuses the hell out of my brain and stops me in my tracks mid sentence.

Oh and Schweinsteiger is 30 not 40. What age was Ballack when he went to Chelsea. He was brilliant for a few seasons.

He turned 29 soon after joining them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

If Bayern sell us Schweinsteiger, you can bet your house they won't even entertain the idea of selling us Muller aswell.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    On the day City sign Delph we sign Bastian for just 5 million more :p.

Nice way to end the day :D.

Delph is a great signing for city in fairness, they just paid out the buyout clause. Only 25 as well and coming into his prime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

If this deal is unfortunately instead of Schneiderlin its only really another stop gap to plug that holding position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

LVG no doubt wants Schweinsteiger for the DM role which means he won't be after a second DM i.e. Schneiderlin. Hopefully LVG plans to sign some other CM otherwise Utd will be struggling in the centre of the pitch for another season.

Schweinsteiger could have the leadership qualities of Maximus Decimus Meridius, it still wouldn't be enough to fix that midfield. Another starting CM is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I can't believe we could lure bs....

Sorry I love our club but can we really sign him???

By all means one of the very best players in the world and if lvg and woody pull it off what a statement of intent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    When I see it on the Bbc or man utds website then il be excited.. Bild is a trash newspaper in fairness

Its happening bang even caughtoffside and bleacher report are running with it :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

We are signing one of the best holding midfielders in the world :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

TheTownie wrote: »
    LVG no doubt wants Schweinsteiger for the DM role which means he won't be after a second DM i.e. Schneiderlin. Hopefully LVG plans to sign some other CM otherwise Utd will be struggling in the centre of the pitch for another season.

Schweinsteiger could have the leadership qualities of Maximus Decimus Meridius, it still wouldn't be enough to fix that midfield. Another starting CM is needed.

You just can't please everyone these days. World cup winner potentially signed who will still be at the top of his profession for 3 years. Yup, lets just post and moan at the midfield. If you think a midfield of, Anders / Fellani / Carrick / Blind and Bastian, with Di Maria and Depay out wide if we need to go 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 is not good enough, you sir, are off your rocker.

TheTownie wrote: »

Carrick will still be dm, bastian will play in midfield with Herrera if he joins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Manchester Evening News reporting it as a done deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

M.E.N going with a £5.75 million fee.

Too many reports for this to be bull**** now, at least I hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think Schweinsteiger would play as a DM

Signing Schweinsteiger should have no impact on our interest in Schneiderlin if we are looking beyond a couple of seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

M.E.N going with a £5.75 million fee.

Too many reports for this to be bull**** now, at least I hope so.

That would be insanely cheap if it's true.

You just can't please everyone these days. World cup winner potentially signed who will still be at the top of his profession for 3 years. Yup, lets just post and moan at the midfield. If you think a midfield of, Anders / Fellani / Carrick / Blind and Bastian, with Di Maria and Depay out wide if we need to go 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 is not good enough, you sir, are off your rocker.

I like the signing of Schweinsteiger. I think another CM is needed. Not exactly a shocking opinion to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Signing Schweinsteiger should have no impact on our interest in Schneiderlin if we are looking beyond a couple of seasons

That's probably true on second thoughts about it. He doesn't do what Carrick or Schneiderlin do really. He's more of a support player of the ilk of Herrera. If we signed both it'd mean we'd have ridiculous options in midfield for the first time in a long time over the holding mid, support player and advanced midfielder roles - Carrick/Schneiderlin/Blind - Schweinsteiger/Herrera/Fellaini - Fellaini/Herrera/Di Maria/Mata. All dependent on the game and the need.

Yeah.. I think I can get on board with that!

He might not play there but hes an option there so that gives Utd three options for DM. Can't see LVG thinking a fourth DM is a priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'd love to sign Schneiderlin also, but not getting him by no means makes our midfield weak provided we sign Schwiensteiger and have average luck with injuries.

Defensive: Carrick/Blind
    Herrera
    Schweinsteiger

Home games vs weaker teams: Herrera----Schwein/Carrick---Di Maria

Two Man: Herrera
    Schweinsteiger

We can expect Blind to be better next year, Fellaini is still there and was decent last year. Some drop off from carrick to be expected, but we'd still be reasonably set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Is it the cans talking or can I get suckered into the tribulations of a transfer gowl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is it the cans talking or can I get suckered into the tribulations of a transfer gowl?

I'm with you on this gowl... The cans are going down a threat and all the websites on my phone are flashing with news of schweinsteiger, this is the best Friday night I have had in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

As Sport Witness put it on Thursday, people like Rummenigge have been hitting Bastian with a velvet glove.
    He had enough hints to tell him he should take the opportunity to join United.

Bayern didn't want to pay him the same wages he was on if he stayed, and Bastian wanted more game time.
    United made a lot of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Seems to be happening this. Mark Ogden was the first journalist to have this story back in late May I think.

Looks like that alleged phone call from LVG to Woodward last week has finally kicked things into gear before Monday's LVG deadline.

A few people who reported the Bastian story are saying Schneiderlin will be sorted next week also. I think Otamendo will then be announced within 1-2 weeks and that will leave us with a painful Harry Kane saga for rest of the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Best name in world football. Glorious.

MagicIRL wrote: »

The new PIG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

that will leave us with a painful Harry Kane saga for rest of the window.

I think you might be spot on with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

MagicIRL wrote: »

Ronnie Whelan certainly thinks so: skip to 2:54 :pac:

Or watch the whole thing!

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    The new PIG?

haha! Tomasz Kuszczak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »

I'd imagine if we do get him a lot of bm fans could turn on pep

keith16 wrote: »
    haha! Tomasz Kuszczak?

Yeah. Used to annoy me at the time actually! Anyway, we've the pigfarmer or pigclimber or pigrider now*, depending on which German you talk to

*hopefully

• Advertisement

"Bayern are selling their heart."

I wouldn't be surprised if they let him go. Bayern seem to want to improve their squad every season, that it is probably doing more harm than good. When they won the champions league before Pep came in, they really should have gone on to dominate Europe for a couple of more years.

They are the top side in one of the worlds top footballing nations, but they seem to be regressing vs. the likes of Barca / Real. That's my lazy analysis for this evening.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Yeah. Used to annoy me at the time actually! Anyway, we've the pigfarmer or pigclimber or pigrider now*, depending on which German you talk to

*hopefully

Would be an incredible signing. I don't see it happening however. Think he will join Ramos and Gundogan in the best XI not to sign for United this month.

Sorry train / choo choo thing.

Stole this:

sl3ed0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Watching Schweinsteiger at ManUtd..

geek-%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%87%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%8D-shut-up-and-take-my-money-457842.gif

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/619651824258256896

Let's sell everyone to Turkish clubs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Actually very happy about this, not so much for the sliver of hope that DDG may yet stay, but that we're not thinking Valdes is capable of replacing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

If any truth in that ( and seems to be some) and presuming De Gea gone and hoping Bastian rumours are true, this is going to be one crazy window...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

I love that no English journalist has an effing clue about who we are signing. It always annoyed me how much was leaked under Moyes.

If Bastian signs, I will literally stare at this gif for another 12 hours.

Scarlett-Johansson-hobo-yoga.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

So did Casillas do his whole sendoff today? or was the a load of bull too?
    also why would madrid be signing another keeper?
    I know i'm clutching at more straws than a scarecrow having a **** but I have a feeling DeGea stays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

This lineup excites me greatly.

De Gea (I BELIEVE)

Darmian Otamendi Smalling Shaw

Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin Hererra

Di Maria Rooney Depay

A lot needs to happen for that lineup to be realistic, but its far from unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Bild and many German reporters are running this story. Looks like Bayern management dropped hints 2 days back when they said Bastian is flattered by interest from United. Looks like this one is happening, hopefully not one of those for better contracts.

Also few Bayern fans believe that Bastian's choice if he leaves Bayern was always PL and it was always United. Now with Van Gaal it's like icing on the cake.

Hopefully we sign Schneiderlin also. Very important player to play with Bastian.

our choice of midfielders would be Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Blind, Fellaini for proper midfield role and just 2 years back it was Carrick, Cleverley, Fletcher, Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Fenix wrote: »
    This lineup excites me greatly.

De Gea (I BELIEVE)

Darmian Otamendi Smalling Shaw

Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin Hererra

Di Maria Rooney Depay

A lot needs to happen for that lineup to be realistic, but its far from unrealistic.

Ah now, wheres Mata?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Dream midfields aplenty tonight

Poborsky Veron Smith Bebe

Give anyone a game that lot......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement