Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

Fenix wrote: »
    This lineup excites me greatly.

De Gea (I BELIEVE)

Darmian Otamendi Smalling Shaw

Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin Hererra

Di Maria Rooney Depay

A lot needs to happen for that lineup to be realistic, but its far from unrealistic.

Swap the CB's with each other, swap Di Maria and Depay, take Depay out for Mata and you've got the best potential line up if all signings come off I reckon. Depay can come in for any of the front three as he learns his trade and adapts. Could make a great impact with his pace and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/33491718

BBC are saying we just have to agree the fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is it bad that i got up early on a saturday morning just to see if sky sports news has any update on bastian??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I got up early too just to follow up on my promise.

We are not signing Bastian Schweinstiger.

Ladies and gentlemen, have a great fcuking weekend.

Peace out.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I got up early too just to follow up on my promise.

We are not signing Bastian Schweinstiger.

Ladies and gentlemen, have a great fcuking weekend.

Peace out.

Thats great i can go back to bed then as we aint gonna sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads, what's different this time around that people feel this is genuine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Swap the CB's with each other, swap Di Maria and Depay, take Depay out for Mata and you've got the best potential line up if all signings come off I reckon. Depay can come in for any of the front three as he learns his trade and adapts. Could make a great impact with his pace and energy.

I'd throw depay in and see how he gets on , at the expense of Mata....it's pace we need in that team and hopefully LVG goes all out in this respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

nothing sorted/announced til Monday imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Trilla wrote: »
    Lads, what's different this time around that people feel this is genuine?

Almost every journalist out there has said it's on. The likes of Gundogan and Alves were nowhere near as conclusive.

And your man that broke the darmian story 8 or 9 days ago seems to be saying it's happening also and he has the best reputation out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,662 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would be a lot more excited about Schneiderlin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Headshot wrote: »
    I would be a lot more excited about Schneiderlin

I agree.

A carrick replacement is the most important signing we need to make this summer. We have seen what happened to the team last year when Carrick was out.

LVG himself said how important the no.6 position is. there are not a whole lot of players out there that can play the Carrick role naturally and Schneiderlin is one of them, already settled in English football, 24 years old and available for less than £30m.

It really is a no brainer for us, let's hope it gets done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Schneiderlin wouldn't just be a carrick replacement though. He is capable of more than just sitting like Carrick was tasked with. I would have expected Schweinsteiger to take that role with Herrera and Schneiderlin either side of him.

Is Schweinsteiger wasn't signed I would expect Schneiderlin to be the third midfielder alongside Carrick and Herrera.

He might not be signed at all though which would be disappointing now.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Schneiderlin wouldn't just be a carrick replacement though. He is capable of more than just sitting like Carrick was tasked with. I would have expected Schweinsteiger to take that role with Herrera and Schneiderlin either side of him.

Is Schweinsteiger wasn't signed I would expect Schneiderlin to be the third midfielder alongside Carrick and Herrera.

He might not be signed at all though which would be disappointing now.

Schneiderlin is capable of more then carrick but he is also the best dm in the premiership after matic in my opinion just because he can play more advanced dont mean that he should.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I think I've said this before but if we sign Schweinsteiger it would be the happiest I've felt about a transfer in a long time!

I know people have their concerns that he'll soon be 31 but I can see him having another 3-4 years before performances start to dip with age. That may not be the long term solution a lot want but would cover VG tenure in charge. He would without doubt improve the team hugely. He could be the vocal leader were missing. I'm still telling myself it won't happen but God it would be awesome if it did.

If I remember correctly the last time I came home to Ireland we agreed a deal with Depay. I travelled home yesterday and Darmian was confirmed to having a medical by VG and talk of Schweinsteiger is more serious now. Hardly a coincidence ;). Jays us I might try stay here until the tour starts so we get all our signings done before it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Apparently Valdes is on his way out of OT and heading to Turkish club Antalyaspor

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Apparently Valdes is on his way out of OT and heading to Turkish club Antalyaspor

First I've heard of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Buying pure gold in Schweinsteiger - should have gone after him 5 or 6 years ago.

Short term solution but had to be done (like Ramos at CB) due to Fergusons neglect of both positions for the last 5 years of his reign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

I can't believe that Valdes' stock has fallen so much. I'm sad to see him go as he is a great backup to De Gea, but maybe he wants to play first team football.

Coat22 wrote: »
    Buying pure gold in Schweinsteiger - should have gone after him 5 or 6 years ago.

Short term solution but had to be done (like Ramos at CB) due to Fergusons neglect of both positions for the last 5 years of his reign.

Dont agree with you on cb, fergie signed two of the up and coming english defenders to come in after rio and vidic were done who were also two of the best cb pairings available a few year ago.
    Its not fergies fault jones and smalling have been crippled by injuries in the past 2 seasons or they havent came on the way we would of like. People are too quick to jump on thenlets blame fergie bandwagon yehh he didnt leave midfield in the best of conditions but he left the club in a far better state then he got it and that should bever be overlooked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

First I've heard of it....

Was rumoured a few days back, and apparently croppping back up now. Would imagine if the plan is to keep De Gea for another season, Valdes will want to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Even if (and its a big if) we don't sign Schneiderlin, it'll help us in a major way when Carrick is out although not by playing Schweinsteiger directly in that position. When Carrick was out we lacked a fair bit of physicallity in midfield with Herrera playing beside Blind (and either Mata or Fellaini ahead). Schweinsteiger playing beside Blind with Herrera just ahead is a lot more rounded IMO for when Carrick is out.

All that said I think we'll still sign Schneiderlin when it comes to it although he could be late in the window. It'll get to the point where he'll still be at Southampton and United will be saying to him that his fee is too high etc, and I can see him really pushing to leave then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

jayo26 wrote: »
    Dont agree with you on cb, fergie signed two of the up and coming english defenders to come in after rio and vidic were done who were also two of the best cb pairings available a few year ago.
    Its not fergies fault jones and smalling have been crippled by injuries in the past 2 seasons or they havent came on the way we would of like. People are too quick to jump on thenlets blame fergie bandwagon yehh he didnt leave midfield in the best of conditions but he left the club in a far better state then he got it and that should bever be overlooked.

I think Fergie underestimated his own abilities as a manager if anything when he left the squad that he did. He felt that squad was good enough to win league titles and had a number of young players who looked like they would be mainstays in the side for years (apart from the midfield). Reality was that he and the staff got a hell of a lot more out of those players than anyone else could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Very few transfers make me genuinely jealous. Love Basti, very annoyed he's a united player now.

Great signing, damn you for ruining him for me...

I think Fergie underestimated his own abilities as a manager if anything when he left the squad that he did. He felt that squad was good enough to win league titles and had a number of young players who looked like they would be mainstays in the side for years (apart from the midfield). Reality was that he and the staff got a hell of a lot more out of those players than anyone else could.

To an extent i agree with you yes but this does not mean that fergie ignored positions he left us with more quality players then bad players its just that some of them were fergies players and didnt want to put in same effort for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Even though it was extremely unlikely to start with, it is probably even more so now in regards to Muller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was rumoured a few days back, and apparently croppping back up now. Would imagine if the plan is to keep De Gea for another season, Valdes will want to move on.

tumblr_mejnpu26Rm1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    :pac:sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Possible strongest 11? Although LVGs love for Fellaini/Blind might see a 3-5-2. I can't see Blind getting half as much game time next season

Darmian Smalling Rojo Shaw

Herrera Schweinsteiger

Di Maria Mata Depay

Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Still not getting hopes up.

Think God im working get mind off it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »
    tumblr_mejnpu26Rm1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    :pac:sorry

I just be like...

cant-break-my-stride-o-s.gif

My woman keeps asking why am I smiling and getting excited over my phone I think she thinks I'm msging some young one hahahha love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Lads I will be overjoyed if we sign Schweinsteiger. Smashing player, have always been a huge fan. Him and Schneiderlin would be a brilliant summer (plus at least 1 CB)

KH25 wrote: »
    Lads I will be overjoyed if we sign Schweinsteiger. Smashing player, have always been a huge fan. Him and Schneiderlin would be a brilliant summer (plus at least 1 CB)

Yehh I second this we still need schneiderlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

iR12jcZn18j7R.gif

Well here is some Jamie Jackson to keep you happy :D

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/619794836783300608

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I'd hope Schweinsteiger is signed to play as a CM rather than a DMC. Schneiderlin is just perfect for us to be the replacement for Carrick.

Well here is some Jamie Jackson to keep you happy :D

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/619794836783300608

Ohhh nooo I cant hold it in its gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think that Schneiderlin is overrated by everyone that watches the PL, at least in the eyes of LVG and Wenger.

If either really wanted him, he'd be gone from Southampton by now.

In this matter, I'd tend to trust the expert managers rather than the hype machine that basically elevates the 'best outside the top 4' type players.

Utd don't want Schneiderlin - they want Pogba or Vidal or a young Schweinsteiger.

So get an old Schweinsteiger for a couple of years to buy you time.

• Advertisement

Poor Darmian being forgotten about already :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

gosplan wrote: »
    I think that Schneiderlin is overrated by everyone that watches the PL, at least in the eyes of LVG and Wenger.

In this matter, I'd tend to trust the expert managers rather than the hype machine that basically elevates the 'best outside the top 4' type players.

Utd don't want Schneiderlin - they want Pogba or Vidal or a young Schweinsteiger.

Get out and close the door behind you :)

Poor Darmian being forgotten about already :pac:

Who is this you talk of?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Schneiderlin is capable of more then carrick but he is also the best dm in the premiership after matic in my opinion just because he can play more advanced dont mean that he should.

Specifically in a three man midfield and with the players United have he wouldn't be best used in a holding, sitting role. He can cover a lot of ground and complement people like Carrick, Blind or BS if signed.

I am not saying he would be breaking forward all the time either, he would be performing a more all round game than just sitting.

If United had Gundogen and Herrera then I wouldn't be making the argument, he would be an obvious no 6 then.

It's not worth much more thought now though.

gosplan wrote: »

T9nKo.gif

DM_7 wrote: »
    Specifically in a three man midfield and with the players United have he wouldn't be best used in a holding, sitting role. He can cover a lot of ground and complement people like Carrick, Blind or BS if signed.

I am not saying he would be breaking forward all the time either, he would be performing a more all round game than just sitting.

If United had Gundogen and Herrera then I wouldn't be making the argument, he would be an obvious no 6 then.

It's not worth much more thought now though.

Fair point mate id be still so happy woth him as a dm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'll be off to Thurles for the hurling soon and I hope too see Bastian has signed when I get home tonight :P

Luimneach abu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I'll be off to Thurles for the hurling soon and I hope too see Bastian has signed when I get home tonight :P

Luimneach abu!

Limerick in for him too? :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement