Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

kippy wrote: »
    Never seen as much hype around an almost 31 year old whose best years are far behind him.
    Still better than nothing but it says a lot about how expectations have fallen.

Would fans not like a 31 year old Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs or Rio Ferdinand in the United team?

In 6 months time would you expect United to be all like, sorry Cristiano you will be 31 in a couple of months, your not exciting enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Working late last night.
    Few bits to do this morning.
    Decided to take a nap on the couch and had this wonderful dream where we signed Bastian Schweinsteiger...........

Wait.............

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

612.gif

445.gif

603.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

GK: De Gea, Valdes, Johnstone, Lindergaard

CBs: Rojo, Smalling, Jones, Evans, McNair, Blackett

FBs: Rafael, Darmian, Valencia, Blind, Varela, James

CM: Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Fellaini, Perriera, Blind*, Powell

FW: Mata, Di Maria, Depay, Young, Januzaj, Lingard

ST: Rooney, Chico, Wilson

Still a lot of business to be done imo.

We need a striker and a CB. The players in bold may yet leave the club which will obviously mean a new GK. Those 3 positions plus the fact we still seem to be in for Schneiderlin could make this the busiest summer at OT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Trilla wrote: »

FBs: Rafael, Darmian, Valencia, Blind, Varela, James

CM: Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Fellaini, Perriera, Blind, Powell

ST: Rooney, Chico, Wilson

We need a striker and a CB. The players in bold may yet leave the club which will obviously mean a new GK. Those 3 positions plus the fact we still seem to be in for Schneiderlin could make this the busiest summer at OT!

poor shaw forgotten about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Medical and presentation tomorrow apparently :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He's a world class footballer but his best years are behind him. It's the type of purchase Ferguson wouldn't have made, not unless he was desperate (RVP). I think it's a legitimate criticism. If there's anything trendy happening here it's you labelling someone a hipster because they think differently. That seems to be quite popular at the moment.

"Still better than nothing but it says a lot about how much expectations have fallen"

Pure hyperbole and smells of going against the grain for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

magnumbud wrote: »
    poor shaw forgotten about

and RVP....

irishfeen wrote: »
    Medical and presentation tomorrow apparently :)

uniteds medicals seem to be a 2 day affair where is darmian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Never seen as much hype around an almost 31 year old whose best years are far behind him.
    a74b8cb532406fdf628e326a3f0aa9e7.jpeg

brinty wrote: »
    and RVP....

Hard to remember them all, plus RVP is out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Not saying it is, but his best days are behind him, and I don't really see it as a major coup for the club.
    Schneiderlin will be a much better signing.

Don't be so ridiculous so what age is ok 27/28???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The age thing is bollocks. Having a player of that quality doesn't hurt your club in any way.

It lifts the fans, the players, the profile of the club and above all screams that Utd are a big club that make big signings like World Cup winning captain.

Park all the silly Utd/Liverpool nonsense before someone claims Milner's better or something.

I'm a rival fan and am happy that BS will be in the premier league.

FBs: Shaw, Rafael, Darmian, Valencia, Blind, Varela, James

CM: Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Fellaini, Perriera, Blind*, Powell

ST: Rooney, Chico, Wilson, Van Persie

I'd assume we will hear that its official sometime this evening with Darmian - they might be presented tomorrow evening together!

• Advertisement

I'd assume we will hear that its official sometime this evening with Darmian - they might be presented tomorrow evening together!

I expect a treble announcement tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

adox wrote: »
    "Still better than nothing but it says a lot about how much expectations have fallen"

Pure hyperbole and smells of going against the grain for the sake of it.

He's a high-quality operator and could have plenty left in the tank, so clearly "better than nothing" is rubbish. I agree with you there. Personally, I'm thrilled to see him joining, but I don't think people should be criticised simply because they've a different view on the matter.

United have been a big, ugly corporate pig for a long time, but the way in which fans have embraced each box-office signing the past 18 months does speak volumes about the club. I don't think it's a sign of low expectations. Desperation, perhaps. We want to see United back on top and we don't care if the club do away with what little tradition and values it has/had left. Our approach to squad-building is exactly the same as City's was 3 years ago, and that's sad (although inevitable).

Anyway, I've gone off topic...

adox wrote: »
    I expect a treble announcement tomorrow.
    Here's hoping :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

i do a bit of Homebrewing, this morning i brewed a Munich Dunkel, i shall name it Schweinsteiger

• Advertisement

Bild etc. saying Schweinsteiger's medical is already underway.

blueshed wrote: »
    i do a bit of Homebrewing, this morning i brewed a Munich Dunkel, i shall name it Schweinsteiger

Call it The Hogs Bollox.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Lol

zerks wrote: »
    Bild etc. saying Schweinsteiger's medical is already underway.
    Its a real pitty MUTV don't show some of the medical like they do on Barca TV and RM TV... it would be class!

9vwRFhM.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Woah I can't believe it. I am delighted with that signing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lads its not the 1950's anymore where we just sign players from Salford and Oldham as kids and the occasional foreigner from Glasgow, Dublin or Cardiff. I love our Man Utd tradition as much as the next guy but its 2015 and we are one of the biggest and richest teams in the world! We look to sign world class players from all over the world for whatever price our management team deem reasonable. Whether we spend £70m signing a Bale/Muller type star or a 17 year old new Giggs type sensation comes from the youth team makes no difference to me once we are playing well and competing and winning major trophies.

If fans wanna complain about signing Di Maria, Depay, Mata, Schweinsteiger etc more power to them. Personally Im delighted to see these world famous players sign for us and hopefully help us achieve more history

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/619878357514194944

Schneiderlin this weekend would be the icing on the cake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Its a real pitty MUTV don't show some of the medical like they do on Barca TV and RM TV... it would be class!

That'd be great and put some of us restless fans at ease

https://twitter.com/StuMathiesonMEN/status/619864378935013376

Lol @ Madrid,Cope saying Casillas deal off again due to tax reasons-hope it drags out until the window shuts.We keep Dave.

• Advertisement

Schweinsteiger is easily the signing of the summer and for what is it? £5.75m? Cracking job.

We could sign Pogba tomorrow and Schweinsteiger is still signing of the summer at that rate! Lucky expletives!

Transfer fee hasn't been confirmed yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

https://instagram.com/p/4_a2MeNV2a/?taken-by=orafa2

Rafael posted that on Instagram this morning, doesnt seem like a guy off to Galatasary would say..

Schweinsteiger is easily the signing of the summer and for what is it? £5.75m? Cracking job.

We could sign Pogba tomorrow and Schweinsteiger is still signing of the summer at that rate! Lucky expletives!

Where'd you plug that figure from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Football GOD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This is what you think a 30 year old looks like, isn't it?

Toothless-old-man-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Can't believe we've signed Schweinsteiger. Excitement for new season escalates

iTx9tT6sq6Pxi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Went to bed last night refusing to believe my wife might be pregnant after 2 years trying or that we might be signing Schweinsteiger.

Woke up this morning, got a positive test, and 6 hours later came down to earth and remembered we might be signing Schweinsteiger.

Checked boards...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

How much is the fee for bs??

How much is the fee for bs??

Check the link I quoted just 2 posts back from yours, believed to be close to 6m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Timistry

Super signing and we have a midfield anchor for the next few years at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Went to bed last night refusing to believe my wife might be pregnant after 2 years trying

Congrats man :)

Went to bed last night refusing to believe my wife might be pregnant after 2 years trying or that we might be signing Schweinsteiger.

Woke up this morning, got a positive test, and 6 hours later came down to earth and remembered we might be signing Schweinsteiger.

Checked boards...

son or daughter must be named bastian now :P

Check the link I quoted just 2 posts back from yours, believed to be close to 6m

Or closer to €20 million depending on which report you read last night.

Nothing has been mentioned since the deal was officially announced.

• Advertisement

"believed to be around"

Be nice if its that low alrigh1

Nothing concrete yet I know but I've seen that fee a from a few different sources though so fingers crossed ! Transfer of the summer territory for that kinda money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

DM_7 wrote: »
    Would fans not like a 31 year old Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs or Rio Ferdinand in the United team?

In 6 months time would you expect United to be all like, sorry Cristiano you will be 31 in a couple of months, your not exciting enough.

Theres a bit difference between any example so far and BS.
    They've played their entire careers in the PL and dont have any "adaption" to make to it.
    Don't get me wrong, its a good buy especially if the fee quoted is anything close to the mark but in my opinion there are more important ones to make.
    Ronaldo is still playing well and has PL experience, a bit different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Lukekul wrote: »
    a74b8cb532406fdf628e326a3f0aa9e7.jpeg

Fair play,
    Very funny altogether.
    Just giving my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Breaking news from sky sources........

Manchester united winger/right back/goal keeper/defensive midfielder Antonio Valencia has kidnapped Darmian at heathrow airport and locked him in the cargo hull of a plane bound for Italy.
    Its been reported that Antonio could be heard shouting go back to where yOu came from we dont need you here.

Slightly OT but Delph has turned down City and is staying at Villa!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement