Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »
    Slightly OT but Delph has turned down City and is staying at Villa!

Seen that, good move for him I think. Probably has a better chance of getting in the England team playing regularly for Villa than being on Cities bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

magnumbud wrote: »
    son or daughter must be named bastian now :P
    Bastian Equalizer has a nice ring to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

this time 12 months ago i was interrailling i was in italy germany and france maybe i started the positivety train to bring an italian, german and french player to united :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That is totally off topic but i did smile and laugh to myself.

Am i the only one that likes going to the coments section of any daily mail article about a united signing and filtering them to worst rated first and reading the trash that does be wrote by rival fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Sky Sports having a very bad summer .. They were running medical all morning alongside the United news.. "Sky Sources" is beginning to mirror the red tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Thought it was time to change the falcao avatar !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This will likely get lost in all the Schwi talk, but the president of Antalyspor has said he's convinced they'll be signing Valdes in the next few days. That's one of those stories that has massive ramifications. Wonder was he told De Gea is staying, or we have someone better lined up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This will likely get lost in all the Schwi talk, but the president of Antalyspor has said he's convinced they'll be signing Valdes in the next few days. That's one of those stories that has massive ramifications. Wonder was he told De Gea is staying, or we have someone better lined up.

I think he was only ever signed as a personal favour from LVG because he was injured and without a club. I don't think the plan was ever for him to play for United, so I'd say it has no bearing on DDG.

Just seen the news about BS.

hHER4dh.gif

Now to read the last 20 pages, these gifs better be good lads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Lindegaard must be awful confused. Could #3 end up #1? Or will we end up with totally different gks next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Went to bed last night refusing to believe my wife might be pregnant after 2 years trying or that we might be signing Schweinsteiger.

Woke up this morning, got a positive test, and 6 hours later came down to earth and remembered we might be signing Schweinsteiger.

Checked boards...

:D

Myself and my wife were similar two years trying and all of a sudden it happened for us.. All I'll say is be careful we have 3 now :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think he was only ever signed as a personal favour from LVG because he was injured and without a club. I don't think the plan was ever for him to play for United, so I'd say it has no bearing on DDG.

I'd agree that he was never a long term signing, but there was a lot of chatter about how he was possibly a De Gea replacement. Certainly doesn't look that way now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lindegaard must be awful confused. Could #3 end up #1? Or will we end up with totally different gks next year?

Not a hope that Lindegaard will be no 1 next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thats a joke right!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Not a hope that Lindegaard will be no 1 next season.

Be better off giving the job to Johnstone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭paulbok

Schneiderlin tomorrow,
    Or amends &DDG resigning during the tour.
    Big name attacker for Addidas launch.
    Calling it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

What big name striker is available though ?? Honest options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There's a year left on Lindegaard's contract. He'll likely see that out and then finish his career at some obscure club on the continent somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlan would be superb business and just what the midfield needs. Hopefully the latter will follow along shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger lads!

I am giddy as hell at the news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Fabian Delph has rejected City move. Ha. Hope they don't start sniffing around Schneiderlin. Isn't he currently a homegrown player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Benzema is probably the biggest name out there. But someone like Lacazette or Benteke would also be good options

Benteke 32.5m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I'm glad someone forgot to tell Federer he is past it less than a month off 34 years of age.
    Looked as good as he ever was against Murray.
    Yet Schweinsteiger who is years younger, is too old according to some.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

GSPfan wrote: »
    Fabian Delph has rejected City move. Ha. Hope they don't start sniffing around Schneiderlin. Isn't he currently a homegrown player.

He won't want to sit on their bench either, assuming that Pellegrini doesn't want a first team player for midfield

Edit: in saying that he would force his way in quick enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Benteke 32.5m

I dont think Benteke would be considered a big name signing by the sponsors or most fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

I wonder did all the lads saying that BS is over the hill say the same thing about RVP before #20 ?

I have a feeling no striker will be signed. A CB and another midfielder still needed and most likely a goal keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

duffman13 wrote: »
    I dont think Benteke would be considered a big name signing by the sponsors or most fans!

He would be an excellent signing id be confident of him been around longterm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I have a feeling no striker will be signed. A CB and another midfielder still needed and most likely a goal keeper.

I'd be a bit worried if we signed no striker. An injury to Rooney means we'd be starting with Wilson, and whilst can play Depay, Januzaj, Di Maria there, they're not out and out strikers, which we need one of at least. Even if it wasn't a big name, one is definitely needed after Falcao and RVP leaving, and most likely Hernandez having no future here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I'd take scweinsteiger over Schneiderlin all day, might be 5 years older but a lot more class and will control things better.
    Bring on otamendi since hummels ain't coming, as for strikers not sure but hope Harry Kane is a no, really think he had a lucky season rather then being a quality player.

JamboMac wrote: »
    I'd take scweinsteiger over Schneiderlin all day, might be 5 years older but a lot more class and will control things better.
    Bring on otamendi since hummels ain't coming, as for strikers not sure but hope Harry Kane is a no, really think he had a lucky season rather then being a quality player.
    We need both Sch's

We need both Sch's

It might end up like veron and Keane, veron had quality but he tried to do what Keane did and never fit in.

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd be a bit worried if we signed no striker. An injury to Rooney means we'd be starting with Wilson, and whilst can play Depay, Januzaj, Di Maria there, they're not out and out strikers, which we need one of at least. Even if it wasn't a big name, one is definitely needed after Falcao and RVP leaving, and most likely Hernandez having no future here.

I'd sort of agree but just trying to read between the lines from the press conference yesterday.

Suits him :P

11745904_747964135314030_3762376131539450563_n.jpg?oh=557133d8d05eb47b463e33f5d3998f1b&oe=561DF2AB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Woodward is getting a lot of credit here but isn't this spending splurge more a case of the Glazers stopping being tight arses. Money talks.

It isn't even a splurge, all 3 signings appear to be at very reasonable prices compared to some of the figures quoted for other players like Coleman, Ramos etc. Guess there is value in the market.
    Do we need Schneiderlin now that Schweinsteiger has been bought ?

Yes we do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yes we do.
    And we need a cb, striker and maybe a Gk

Hardly sign 4 more players?

Not bad for a team that domenech said was past it and the only big teams where Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Not bad for a team that domenech said was past it and the only big teams where Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

The star signs didn't see this signing coming

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Trilla wrote: »
    And we need a cb, striker and maybe a Gk

Hardly sign 4 more players?

Its possible with LVG, he signed 5 players in first summer while reducing the squad.

He could well sign 7 this summer.

Edit: its a high number but considering the need to add a couple of players just for numbers, obvious need for a right back, bulk up midfield specifically and also the need to buy replacements for De Gea, Possibly RVP the number gets high pretty quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think we will sign a striker and GK this summer as well. Maybe a CB. Think Schneiderlin is now out, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I think we will sign a striker and GK this summer as well. Maybe a CB. Think Schneiderlin is now out, sadly.

i would say that is by far the most important position left to sign in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

So do I, but with Jones signing a new contract and Smalling and Rojo doing well, plus the young lads, they might only push this if they can get a huge name in like Ramos.

Gk just as much I would say. I have no idea who will replace De Gea. Lloris? No rumblings at all about it.

Maybe De Gea will be kept for his last season. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah, a bit like Muller would be a dream signing for LVG, he certainly won't be having pleasant dreams if we get no CB in...given he had nightmares last season.
    Think one CB is a minimum and if Evans goes as expected, it will be two.

Gk just as much I would say. I have no idea who will replace De Gea. Lloris? No rumblings at all about it.

Maybe De Gea will be kept for his last season. Who knows.

It's mainly because of his girlfriends career so if we could get them to split up and get him a nice English girl to keep him grounded, we might keep him forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

DM_7 wrote: »
    He won't want to sit on their bench either, assuming that Pellegrini doesn't want a first team player for midfield

Edit: in saying that he would force his way in quick enough
    Well it has been three years since Federer won a tournament, so...

Nah,in truth I'm very happy with this signing along with Darmian. There wasn't an awful lot at RB available, and I didn't want us breaking the bank on Coleman or Clyne (who I think we'll be relieved to have missed out on by the middle of next season), so that filled the void with a solid option fairly easily, cheaply and quickly (despite the 'on a plane' saga). Schweinsteiger could prove to be a major signing, and perhaps more than his actual footballing ability I am delighted we've got his presence, leadership and ability to stamp authority on a match.

If we can still get Schneiderlin, being able to pick a trio from Carrick/Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger/Herrera and also Blind/Di Maria/Mata depending on how we want to use those three would be pretty mega.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

It's mainly because of his girlfriends career so if we could get them to split up and get him a nice English girl to keep him grounded, we might keep him forever.

I've said it before Rachel Riley

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement