Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah, a bit like Muller would be a dream signing for LVG, he certainly won't be having pleasant dreams if we get no CB in...given he had nightmares last season.
    Think one CB is a minimum and if Evans goes as expected, it will be two.

Do you honestly think there's a chance Utd will sign two CBs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

adox wrote: »
    Gk just as much I would say. I have no idea who will replace De Gea. Lloris? No rumblings at all about it.

Maybe De Gea will be kept for his last season. Who knows.

Silence seems to mean tranfers are happening at United this summer. Any rumblings have really amounted to shag all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bayern Munich fans very unhappy over the leaving of Schweinsteiger.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/619911395845537792

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was whistled at by fans as he tried to calm them over Bastian Schweinsteiger transfer.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Silence seems to mean tranfers are happening at United this summer. Any rumblings have really amounted to shag all.

Yeah fair enough when it's players from other countries as has been the case so far. A lot more difficult to keep everything under wraps with a team in your own league/country.

Who knows though. loris could be announced out of the blue.

Do you honestly think there's a chance Utd will sign two CBs?

It will be only +1 if Evans leaves, with more games and given the injury crisis which really exposed the team last season, I do think it is possible.

• Advertisement

How much did Depay cost? I thought it was widely reported as £25 million but seems to have gone up to £31 million in the last 24 hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Picture the scene in the first Utd v Pool game next season.

Bastian
    Schweinsteiger v Joe Allen:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

can't wait to see Schweinstieger driving our midfield and screaming at all the united players - gonna be great to have a proper leader in there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Enough Bastian, Where the hell did Matteo Darmian get to??:confused:

twinex wrote: »

Bastian is giving him some dance moves for when they are presented together and appear at Old Trafford.

2m4f1nm.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yeah I think its an absolute cert we buy 1 CB and possible we buy 2 if Evans goes.

Loving the fact that all our transfer activity news is broken on the other clubs side. Not a word out of United at all. Can we remind all the doom and gloom posters about this fact next year when we haven't bought anyone in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Picture the scene in the first Utd v Pool game next season.

Bastian
    Schweinsteiger v Joe Allen:)
    https://twitter.com/Musti__K/status/619864138253238272/photo/1

They can keep their Schweini, we've got the Welsh Xavi leading us to victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

twinex wrote: »

First place to look should be in secret basement in Tony Valencias house:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

astradave wrote: »
    I Presume Doc has started to Freak his **** :pac:

Lost my absolute **** in the car hearing it confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Was laughing earlier at the thought that if we were in an alternate universe, David Moyes would probably still be at the club and have handed Tom Cleverly a new 5 year contract and that Schweinsteiger would have never been on United's radar.....

But then I realized that that was nonsense and that he is joining united.

Delighted :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

it really is funny seeing all the pool fans scoffing at the signing of bastian at his age. same fans crying about a 35 yo leaving them this summer. least bastian knows how to win things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

duffman13 wrote: »

Stats don't lie buddy, they clearly illustrate that Wee Joe Allen is the better player and he won't even be a starter for Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Crazy how this transfer period goes. Couple days ago many were complaining how we have failed to bring transfers in before the tour and how LVG won't be able to organise players and teams before the season. Now we have 3 signings, all in positions that needed aid

Stats don't lie buddy, they clearly illustrate that Wee Joe Allen is the better player and he won't even be a starter for Liverpool!

Haha yeah cool story, stats dont lie. Tom Cleverly has more medals than your greatest ever player :eek:

• Advertisement

also shows how crazy a footballers life can be.

BS has been at Munich for years and is likely settled in his home, with his partner etc.

Looks like he will be signing for United and heading off to American on Monday - back to England July 30th or so, at which point he has to look at moving in smewhere (or actually sleeping in the place United/his agents sort out).

Thats got to be a bit of a rollercoaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

the only stats that matter :pac:

CJnY56kUAAA8Nsi.png:large

and how i feel about transfers news at the moment

giphy.gif

BS has been at Munich for years and is likely settled in his home, with his partner etc.

Looks like he will be signing for United and heading off to American on Monday - back to England July 30th or so, at which point he has to look at moving in smewhere (or actually sleeping in the place United/his agents sort out).

Im sure he will survive! The weather will be a bit better than what he is used to aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

vkGxkU3.gif

magnumbud wrote: »
    the only stats that matter :pac:

CJnY56kUAAA8Nsi.png:large

Thats all in the past though, he is 30 now and past it :confused::p

Cant wait for the first game of preseason now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I reckon I'd accept that life without too much hassle. Beats rainy Dublin in the summer and paying a over the odds for 2 bed shoeboxes.

I reckon I'd accept that life without too much hassle. Beats rainy Dublin in the summer and paying a over the odds for 2 bed shoeboxes.
    no argument - just funny at how quickly their lives can completely change.

Look at Cech for example - a massive reason he want to Arsenal over any other club in the world is that he didn't want to move his family that are well settled in London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I don't mean to rain on the parade of what has been a great day but anyone else a bit worried that City might go for Schnederlin with Delph now staying put?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Was laughing earlier at the thought that if we were in an alternate universe, David Moyes would probably still be at the club and have handed Tom Cleverly a new 5 year contract and that Schweinsteiger would have never been on United's radar.....

But then I realized that that was nonsense and that he is joining united.

Delighted :D:D:D

I won't hear it, David Moyes was flawless, fllllllllawless!! It's not his fault we were awful under his management, it's everybody elses. He should have been given a second chance, and the proof is in the pudding with LVG unable to get us in, or even near, a top four spot either this season.

:pac:

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/janaagefjortoft/status/619924261914939392

Schweinsteiger is a great leader who can lead any team including Manchester United says the German national coach.

Yeah, but Schweini has a new woman and she is hardly settled in one area. I always find it weird how sports stars like that think the relationship will work. Like McIlroy and Wozniacki. Probably only saw each other a handful of time each year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

no argument - just funny at how quickly their lives can completely change.

Look at Cech for example - a massive reason he want to Arsenal over any other club in the world is that he didn't want to move his family that are well settled in London

Footballers lives do change quick all right, Basti split with his long term partner and new his gf travels the world playing Tennis. That might have worked in United's favour.

I don't mean to rain on the parade of what has been a great day but anyone else a bit worried that City might go for Schnederlin with Delph now staying put?

No, United are the big team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

How much did Depay cost? I thought it was widely reported as £25 million but seems to have gone up to £31 million in the last 24 hours?

Dutch press widely reported it as 25m rising to 31m (add ons etc). The British press seems to have taken that figure but used £ instead. I'd be inclined to trust the Dutch press on it.

yep - had the same thought myself. hopefully United get that one done quickly too. Him and Schweinsteiger would brilliantly beef up our midfield.

Amazingly I reckon we would still need a CB, a GK (likely) and a forward player assuming RVP leaves

• Advertisement

City wanted Delph because he was HG. I don't think they'll be buying much other than HG players this summer

Doubt it, they will probably go for some other English player! I would assume the only reason Delph stayed was because he knew he was not going to get regular football. Ive a feeling the Schneiderlin deal is a lot further on than a lot of people think

City wanted Delph because he was HG. I don't think they'll be buying much other than HG players this summer

have read Schneiderlin counts as HG.

Only in the current rules, if they implement the changes next season then he will no longer count although City rarely seem to look long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I wonder did all the lads saying that BS is over the hill say the same thing about RVP before #20 ?

I thought it was a major risk due to his injury record more than his age. But again he at least knew the league etc and didn't need a season to settle in.

• Advertisement

Looks like you're right. Been at the Saints since 17. Pretty surprised by that.

Bit late to the aprty, but ****it, boyz noise

joker-cash-money-gif.gif

Doubt it, they will probably go for some other English player! I would assume the only reason Delph stayed was because he knew he was not going to get regular football. Ive a feeling the Schneiderlin deal is a lot further on than a lot of people think

i think terms with the player have been agreed - but have no idea where we are at with Southampton, last comment was from les reed on Friday (I think) saying no new bid had been made.

i think terms with the player have been agreed - but have no idea where we are at with Southampton, last comment was from les reed on Friday (I think) saying no new bid had been made.

MOAR MIDFIELDERS!!!!! SIGN MOARRRRRRRRRRR

url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&ved=0CAUQjBwwAGoVChMIyrTO-9LTxgIV6yDbCh2SggLc&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgifsoup.com%2Fwebroot%2Fanimatedgifs5%2F3511790_o.gif&ei=a1ihVYrTM-vB7AaShYrgDQ&psig=AFQjCNEZuZYxmDW2yUF-gaxNcNPj2zxRpA&ust=1436723691949805

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

SSSSSSSShhhhhhhh

City don't know the goals difference needed to get out of the group stages ofthe CL, they forget their own players birthdays, no way do they know the French guy is homegroen

Only in the current rules, if they implement the changes next season then he will no longer count although City rarely seem to look long term

Will older players not be grandfathered into this? Surely they won't blanket change overnight?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Schweinsteiger is a f'n great transfer. well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

irishfeen wrote: »

OH BABY A TRIPLE :D:D:D

Can we overload the thread now with Kate Upton :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's rained 3 times since I moved here in March. Stats don't lie buddy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement