Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

United making some very good signings. I've always been impressed with Darmian, thought he was one of Italy's best players in the world cup and he's been excellent for Torino.

Schweinsteiger is just a brilliant signing bringing experience and class, the way some people are going on you'd swear he was 35, he'll give the whole squad a boost as well. Add in Schneiderlin and a striker and United will be challenging next year, whether they will win the league next season I'm not so sure but they are on the right path anyway and are building a very good squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Could be right, I'm not sure on that
    I think the family moved to Manchester when he was just a few months old.He spoke with a Manchester accent and there was no way you would tell he was Italian .Saw him interview on MUTV ages ago.

9RilW4e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

as said above if we add a top CB, schneiderlin and a forward player we will have a very very good squad - objectively.

Compare the the current squad (plus additions) in terms of quality to the United side that last won the league, never mind the start of last summer before any signings had been made.

Obviously we need all these new players to actually perform, they might turn out to be flops, but the quality of the squad is building nicely, from a team with glaring weaknesses, to one that really should be competing with any side we go up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Wasn't Possebon Italian? Injury really ruined his career.

KH25 wrote: »

was poor mental strength and possibly lack of ability imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

KH25 wrote: »

Brazil

Edit: just seeing he had Italian ancestry and played under 20s for them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Thought it was that knee injury he got. To be honest I don't remember much about him after that. Seemed to be breaking into the team until he got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Didn't he get his leg broken by some desperate tackle against Boro?

Pogaetz(sp) made bits of him in a reserve game and he never seemed to recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Another myth .
    I think he missed a month after the tackle.
    He just wasn't good enough.

• Advertisement

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Didn't he get his leg broken by some desperate tackle against Boro?

there was a very bad tackle, and it looked liked his leg could be wrecked - but I think he was back playing either the next week or the week after - it wasn't a bad injury. So if it did effect him, it was more a mental issue, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we can get Schneiderlin done I'll be over the moon, Otamendi next and we'll be in great shape

Keep De Gea and Di Maria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

yabadabado wrote: »

9RilW4e.jpg

He would not have been out of place in a Kilkenny Hurling team with that hair in 60's

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jamie Carragher confirms Schweini is a really good signing.

https://twitter.com/irishmirror/status/619930944770850816

He would not have been out of place in a Kilkenny Hurling team with that hair in 60's

...he would probably have a lot more medals too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

RobertKK wrote: »

That's Liverpool's problem right there.

The likes of Carragher, who is a symbol of the club, should be looking at Bastians signing at United and use it as a yardstick to publicly state it as a reference point to which his own club should be equal to.

He should be saying: "Look, look at our biggest rivals. They are buying top tier players. We should be in that market too."

It might give some of the decision makers at Liverpool some serious food for thought.

Instead, what you have at Liverpool is this kind of defensive, childish mentality, which essentially means they will not return to the top table for a long time to come.

Carragher is a WUM and similar to his football ability ,fairly average.

Carragher is a decent analyst only for things that don't involve Liverpool or United

His bitterness shines through when he talks about United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Casillas is off to Porto.

Just sayin'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

While Carragher is being bitter we are planning more top signings.

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/619954541249843204

SlickRic wrote: »
    Casillas is off to Porto.

Just sayin'.

What a player he has been. Won his first champions league at 18 iirc.

His decline has been evident however. Hope he does well at Porto.

His Mrs. is smoking hot too.

940bd902-f1e6-4d22-b47d-525cca08bd70_500.jpg

SkeletalLightheartedGermanspaniel.gif

Basti is past his best. It doesn't mean he is not still a brilliant footballer.

Lots of players are past there best but remain better than most of the rest, Iniesta, Alves and Mascherano are all past their very best but more than good enough for the top side in Europe last season.

its been near an hour since that tweet, get on it United!

Looking forward to tomorrows papers - should make good reading!

Remember we got Henrik Larsson on loan? That was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

zerks wrote: »
    While Carragher is being bitter we are planning more top signings.

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/619954541249843204

That tweet sounds more like he's predicting more business to be done because LvG said at the end of the season he wanted business done early, as opposed to he knows of any business that will be done "imminently".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If Cassilas has moved, you would imagine De Gea to Real is imminent, and with Valdes off to Turkey also looking highly likely, we should have a new keeper announced pretty soon.

And if they can confirm Ronaldo, it would be nice too...

Has this been posted?

CJp9nmhWIAAlbP4.jpg

Has this been posted?

Don't think so. Post it again?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If Cassilas has moved, you would imagine De Gea to Real is imminent, and with Valdes off to Turkey also looking highly likely, we should have a new keeper announced pretty soon.

And if they can confirm Ronaldo, it would be nice too...

To be fair, Casillas has not always performed that well lately and needed to go regardless.

Real could wait for De Gea if things didn't go to their plan and sign a stop gap they intend to sell on, get the funds back next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,890 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We are a week away from the US tour.. i cant see us loosing De Gea and Valdes as imminently as some are suggesting.. that leaves us with Sam Johnstone.

Strange that Valdes would **** off to turkey when he would be very able to compete with a Cillissen or Oblak in my view. Lots of people are calling BS on this story also btw so he may still remain with us.

Slap a £50 million price tag on De Gea so

Rafa's agent, apparently, saying we are in talks with benfica for Gaitan - and Rafa would be happy to go as part of the deal.

Don't want us to sign Gaitan, as I reckon it would mean ADM is off... Also, imagine if we actually signed Gaitan. Imagine - after all these years!

Slap a £50 million price tag on De Gea so

That would be incredible money for a GK. But if any club is capable paying it, it is Real. And I don't just mean capable financially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,890 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I really want us to hold on to ADM... i want nothing to do with Gaitan i have no idea how he would improve our squad aside from being a squad player.. certainly not as a replacement for a player of the calibre of ADM. If he was to leave however we need to be after somone like Grizemann not Gaitan.

Rumoured fee by 'Sky sources' for Bastian Schweinsteiger is £14.4 million/€20 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Has this been posted?

CJp9nmhWIAAlbP4.jpg

Jaysus Valencia is gone fierce pale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Rumoured fee by 'Sky sources' for Bastian Schweinsteiger is £14.4 million/€20 million.
    LVG needs to call a meeting with fergie and tell him this is the kinda value there is in the market :D

• Advertisement

MUTV 10:30pm, "Welcome Matteo Darmian"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,662 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Given that ADM was a genuinely top-5 player when he signed, I'm actually more excited about The Pigfúcker signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Given that ADM was a genuinely top-5 player when he signed, I'm actually more excited about The Pigfúcker signing.

Im not at TheDoc levels, but he is genuinely one of my favourite ever outfield players.

Edit: i just realised that my sig makes it looks like Basti approves everything i say!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rafa's agent, apparently, saying we are in talks with benfica for Gaitan - and Rafa would be happy to go as part of the deal.

Don't want us to sign Gaitan, as I reckon it would mean ADM is off... Also, imagine if we actually signed Gaitan. Imagine - after all these years!

Our 5 options for wingers right now are young, januzaj, di maria, depay and mata

He has been linked with us for so long aswell, how old is he? Must be late 20's

These rumors for an average player need to stop.

We sold nani for peanuts, there of similar quality

It is possible that Schweinsteiger will have more Premier League medals this time next year than Carragher and Gerrard combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It is possible that Schweinsteiger will have more Premier League medals this time next year than Carragher and Gerrard combined.

Not sure, but he will never be behind them, even if he ends up a flop ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

BBC and SKY have confirmed Porto have signed Casillas. It may be time for the GK merry go round to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ander Herrera is fast becoming my favourite player at United.. What a legend! It just seems that playing for United really is his dreams coming through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

But not as many as David May # allhail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement