Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/fcbayern/status/619944318720151552

Thank you for everything Basti, goodbye - see you soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We need a song for Bastian good folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What'll be his squad number? 31? Fellini has no affiliation too it AFAIK, also what'll Memphis wear? 9? I read Van Gaal likes proper CF too wear #9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What'll be his squad number? 31? Fellini has no affiliation too it AFAIK, also what'll Memphis wear? 9? I read Van Gaal likes proper CF too wear #9

I was only just thinking our star player hadnt been mentioned in a while getting lost in all this signing players business.
    I might follow Fellaini around next week and see what he has been up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

astradave wrote: »
    Im not at TheDoc levels, but he is genuinely one of my favourite ever outfield players.

Edit: i just realised that my sig makes it looks like Basti approves everything i say!

Eagerly awaiting the Kroos rumours to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The Gif makers on the Caf crack me up.. Brilliant :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

astradave wrote: »
    The Gif makers on the Caf crack me up.. Brilliant :pac:

giphy.gif

That LVG smile lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Bild are correct we got Bastian for 15m Euros. Not bad.

We have got Depay, Schweinsteiger and Darmiam for the combined total of what Liverpool want for Sterling.

If Bild are correct we got Bastian for 15m Euros. Not bad.

We have got Depay, Schweinsteiger and Darmiam for the combined total of what Liverpool want for Sterling.

10.8M pounds.. thats a friggin steal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Please let the rag that is the sun for once be on to something as they are reporting we are after Benteke next. Along with a new cb(s) he would round off my percent transfer window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So this is what was said between Bastian and Rooney when Bayern played United in the Champions League

11665704_607375049404179_5102535492791894708_n.jpg?oh=959f6d6cd97de4c25518350162494d2c&oe=565B6301

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Which would suggest that if the 'Van Gaal wants 3 deals done by Monday' stuff is true, Schweinsteiger would need to be signed, sealed and delivered today. :D

I'm ****ing smart as ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

marvsins wrote: »

Yes it was. 12 hours ago. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/33455332

And Casillas is now gone. You'd presume something is gonna break soon with Utd, Real, De Gea and Ramos. It's in no ones interest for this to drag out all summer

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

adox wrote: »
    Yes it was. 12 hours ago. :confused:

Check it again, said 02:06 am July 12th :P

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

We need a song for Bastian good folk.

So I haven't thought the full lyircs out, nor can o post a link to song thru my phone, but, replace eye of the Tiger with, Schweinsteiger???...

It's the, Schweinsteiger it's the thrill of the fight....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Depay - 22 Million
    Darmian - 13 Million
    Schweinsteiger - 11 Million

That's total of just 46 Million for 3 quality players and their wages isn't too high either. Schweinsteiger is around 140K, Darmian on 30K to 55K (depending on source) and not sure on Depay. So thats close to wages we paid for Falcao and that's being paid for 3 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Depay - 22 Million
    Darmian - 13 Million
    Schweinsteiger - 11 Million

That's total of just 46 Million for 3 quality players and their wages isn't too high either. Schweinsteiger is around 140K, Darmian on 30K to 55K (depending on source) and not sure on Depay. So thats close to wages we paid for Falcao and that's being paid for 3 players.
    thats brilliant business by us tbh leaves a haul there to spend on other areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

giphy.gif

From redcafe.

• Advertisement

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

From redcafe.

was posted last page i think very funny lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

was posted last page i think very funny lol

Sorry. Skipped to that last page as there was too many new posts today.

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Sorry. Skipped to that last page as there was too many new posts today.

No harm seeing it again its first class lol

On another note what a signing still can't believe it...

Buy pogba and our mf sorted for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Schweinsteiger, Herrera and Carrick. If we struggle in midfield anymore, we may as well give up.

Some of the posts about Schweinsteiger is ridiculous. Yes he will be 31 but his ability on the ball is unreal. Scholes, Giggs, Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso all made huge difference even when they were 30+.

Posts from certain section are amusing though, somehow comforting themselves.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger, Herrera and Carrick. If we struggle in midfield anymore, we may as well give up.

Add Schneiderlin and we have the best midfield in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Add Schneiderlin and we have the best midfield in the league.

If he does come, does it mean the boat for Fellaini?

I'd much rather get a cb, Gk and striker in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Trilla wrote: »

I think Van Gaal sees Fellani as an attacker rather that a midfielder. He will probably be a useful squad option of the bench

I don't think so. If anything Van Gaal should be very impressed with what Fellaini offers in final third. He makes space for others and a good target when you can't pass through the defense.

I would say he will be a bench player and a plan B for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Check it again, said 02:06 am July 12th :P

And? It links to the story from 2pm yesterday saying a deal was agreed pending a medical. It's not confirmed.

And? It links to the story from 2pm yesterday saying a deal was agreed pending a medical. It's not confirmed.

They just posted it twice. Check Manutd twitter account, 1 is pinned tweet and other was posted few hours back. Maybe they are too excited and want to send reminders to the world of twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Have to say I'm disappointed to wake up this morning with no new signings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Getting to be a daily thing so ill ask the question.

Who will we sign today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

So if Navas and Casillas are gone from Madrid I would feckin love to see us hold De Gea for the year and watch them panic buy over a goalie......

However being realistic the deal is done as no way any club would leave themselves in that kind of situation.

So who do we go for now given we are probably losing De gea and Valdes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

It's nice to wake up to the prospect of Utd fans arguing during the season prior to big games if we should start Carrick over Basti,Herrera over Di Maria,Fellaini over Depay.....
    All depending on their form of course ....oh and possibly Schneiderlin,Januzai,Blind or Fabian Delph (LOL) in the mix as well!

• Advertisement

Remember with the CL there's a lot more games next season, need a bigger squad.

cech would have been a brilliant signing for us shame he went to the arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

cech would have been a brilliant signing for us shame he went to the arsenal

Everyone entitled to their own opinion but I don't think he's the same keeper at all since the head injury,not as decisive when coming for the ball....but as it looks like De Gea is gone I would hope Utd have several contingency plans in place for Keeper signing.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion but I don't think he's the same keeper at all since the head injury,not as decisive when coming for the ball....but as it looks like De Gea is gone I would hope Utd have several contingency plans in place for Keeper signing.
    still a great keeper regardless post head injury. one keeper i dont want is begovic. would love lloris

Right I'm off out for the day, I fully expect one Morgan Schneiderlin to be signed when I get back this evening. Still in a state of shock over the Swine Tiger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Chico to Orlando city? another rumour doing the rounds

wouldnt be shocked at that tbh would leave him close to home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

On holiday? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Any sign of MUTV doing another pre-season tournament package for the games coming up? Signed up last year for €10/€15 or something to watch all the pre-season games online.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

AS Claims that Van Gaal rates Jan Oblak higher than De Gea. Louis sees Oblak as having more potential than De Gea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think after the fun of incomings over the last few days, today might see a few outgoings :(

Fenerbache announced RVP will be in Instanbul today evening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyway, some more news.

ESPN are claiming we've had another bid for Bale turned down.

The Sun are saying we're prioritizing Benteke now, and will activate his £32m-ish release clause to steal him away from Liverpool, who are also very interested in him.

Sunday Express has us as favorites to get Higuigan.

But we're also linked (as usual) with Benzema, Kane, Muller and Cavani from multiple papers as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

How did Schweinsteiger play for Bayern last year? How many games did he play etc?

His age worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Past interview with Schweinsteiger where he said he loves the speed of English football and the atmosphere in English stadiums, and his brother Tobi who is a big Man United fan has always being telling him to join United.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement