Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

MD1990 wrote: »
    He is no Joe Allen:)
    354978.jpg

Over 90 minutes for last season the average for each: will use Sch for Bastian, Joe for Allen.
    Goals scored
    SCH 0.33 V 0.06 JOE

Key passes
    SCH 1.71 V 0.92 JOE

Assists
    SCH 0.26 V 0.00 JOE

Chances created
    SCH 1.98 V 0.92

Average pass length
    SCH 17.70m V 16.05m JOE

Total forward passes
    SCH 55.85 V 34.10 JOE

Total Passes
    SCH 85.45 V 51.49 JOE

Successful passes
    SCH 74.90 V 45.18 JOE

Attack score
    SCH 20.77 V 6.81 JOE

Total score
    SCH 38.05 V 17.58 JOE

Let me say it loudly.
    THANK THE LORD, SCHWEINSTEIGER IS NO JOE ALLEN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

What about Depays CL pedigree? What about Darmians CL pedigree? When you sign young players you take a risk.

Depay has 1 goal in 4 appearances, darmian team never made the champions league but not worried about an Italian defender and I'd rather keep Hernandez if we are only gonna replace him with benteke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

JamboMac wrote: »
    Although benteke might be proven in the premier league what about the champions league?

I don't see why he wouldn't be a success, he has everything in his game to be a top striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bangkok wrote: »
    I don't see why he wouldn't be a success, he has everything in his game to be a top striker

He also has EPL experience,we got Falcao on loan who had a reputation of a top drawer goal scorer and that went to shite.
    All this talk of a young striker and we forget Benteke is only 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Depay has 1 goal in 4 appearances, darmian team never made the champions league but not worried about an Italian defender and I'd rather keep Hernandez if we are only gonna replace him with benteke.

Should we bid for someone like Cillian Sheridan who played CL for Apoel? 80% of Bentekes (or all our squad really) appearances will be in English tournaments. If hes good enough to improve our squad for PL it obviously improves it for CL. Rooney will be first choice if we face Barca, Madrid, Bayern. Benteke would get his games against BATE or Anorthorsis and the likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Using CL experience to put down Benteke is daft. Its different if we were comparing say Begovic and Lloris as replacements to De Gea. That means we are looking for a first choice that will play ALL matches so Lloris CL experience would be a positive over Begovic. Benteke would not be our first choice striker. Benteke would allow us to rest Rooney before major matches so our #1 striker would be fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

As good as it is for players to have CL experience, they have to start somewhere. Players only get CL experience from playing in teams that qualify for it. The ones who are experienced and very good are the most difficult to buy.

The new lads getting to know Manchester.

DarmianDepay1_302x322.jpg

Using CL experience to put down Benteke is daft. Its different if we were comparing say Begovic and Lloris as replacements to De Gea. That means we are looking for a first choice that will play ALL matches so Lloris CL experience would be a positive over Begovic. Benteke would not be our first choice striker. Benteke would allow us to rest Rooney before major matches so our #1 striker would be fit.

But equally speaking using what he did for one English premier league team does not guarantee he would be any use for us and he has to be played a certain way or else he's useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    The new lads getting to know Manchester.

DarmianDepay1_302x322.jpg

That depay fella would go out with anyone. He slutting himself about on his holiday all summer :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

irishfeen wrote: »
    "Shawwwwry" it is then :)

It sound like the Chinese restaurant owner in South Park saying 'sorry'.

I'll stick with 'Shaw'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

as good a signing as I think Schweinsteiger is, if he is the only CM signing we make it simply won't be enough and we will be also rans in everything as a result again. With his, and Carricks, injury records of late, Fellaini will remain a n almost ever present and that simply isn't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So the deal to take casillas to Porto is done now I wonder will we see an end to the de gea transfer sage either way now. I wonder if we really are holding out for mega money from madrid is this a sign that they are willing to pay it or have we settled for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I will be very disappointed if that is the case.

From what I seen United (I think Independent) were willing to pay £25m and Southamption were holding out for £27m... United could have walked away :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe Pogba changed his mind and would like to play with Schweinsteiger after having played with Pirlo.

Virtually every other source saying a deal will be done,now that Claise looks to be joining Saints,it could all fall into place.They want £27 million,we made an offer of 20,somewhere around 25 will do it imo.

#positivity.

CJt4H5cUEAA_EYc.jpg

All the best RVP!

van-persie-421086.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

lol a club worth 1 billion wont pay an extra 2mill pounds. What a load or horse****. Another "journalist" who hasn't a clue.

Virtually every other source saying a deal will be done,now that Claise looks to be joining Saints,it could all fall into place.They want £27 million,we made an offer of 20,somewhere around 25 will do it imo.

#positivity.

Could also mean he's off to City? Hopefully not. Would be such an important signing for the balance of the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

irishfeen wrote: »

All the best RVP!

Sad to see him go, pure class. It's a shame we only got to see him at his best for one year - although what a year it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

There's something quite sad about RVP's time at Old Trafford. Yes, he got to win a PL medal, but it feels like Fergie screwed him over. I know you can never trust what you read in the news, but it seems like he joined United with Ferguson assuring him that they'd achieve great things together. Fast forward one year and Fergie's out the door leaving RVP in a very uncertain situation. Fergie was a genius, but he seemed to be an unbelievably selfish man. It brings to mind the criticism that was levelled at him before, that he ran the club for his own benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

There's something quite sad about RVP's time at Old Trafford. Yes, he got to win a PL medal, but it feels like Fergie screwed him over. I know you can never trust what you read in the news, but it seems like he joined United with Ferguson assuring him that they'd achieve great things together. Fast forward one year and Fergie's out the door leaving RVP in a very uncertain situation. Fergie was a genius, but he seemed to be an unbelievably selfish man. It brings to mind the criticism that was levelled at him before, that he ran the club for his own benefit.

Wasn't fergie's hand forced when his wife's sister died?

Hope this is true and sounds like di Maria is going nowhere.

PSG boss Laurent Blanc has confirmed he is interested in signing Angel Di Maria. But he says he's not getting positive noises back from United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Wasn't fergie's hsbd forced when his wife's sister died?

Well nobody knows. Apparently he was going to leave earlier as well, only City won the title and he didn't want to walk out on those terms. If that's true he must have know he was leaving sooner rather than later. Look, I'm not having a dig. I owe Fergie for many a fine night, like us all. There's just something bittersweet about RVP's time with United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

There's something quite sad about RVP's time at Old Trafford.

Got to play for the biggest club in the world, got to win a trophy that evaded him for most of his career, and got to earn the best part of £200k a week while doing so.

Absolutely tragic!

Well nobody knows. Apparently he was going to leave earlier as well, only City won the title and he didn't want to walk out on those terms. Look, I'm not having a dig. I owe Fergie for many a fine night, like us all. There's just something bittersweet about RVP's time with United.
    Nothing at all bittersweet, RVP has a Premier League medal won under the greatest club manager of all in his locker forever more... select few can say that! Great career but United now is just too high a level.

I'm very sure he will look back on his time with United with fondness in future years. LVG loved RVP - if he knew the time was up its time to accept that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RVP did well for us and we did well for him. Best of luck to him, hopefully he'll enjoy success out there!

Got to play for the biggest club in the world, got to win a trophy that evaded him for most of his career, and got to earn the best part of £200k a week while doing so.

Absolutely tragic!

Must seem a bit of a comedown to go to Turkey though! Uprooting the family and kids from school, money must be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As great a signing as Schweinsteiger is, signing Schneiderlin would worry me a hell of a lot more if he went to Utd tbh.

His selfishness was one of his strengths. Also even if Ferge knew he only had one more year, and there's no evidence to back that up, I don't see it as in any way selfish, just doing what is best for the club.

Sad to see him go, pure class. It's a shame we only got to see him at his best for one year - although what a year it was.

I don't think I'll ever forget the volley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever forget the volley.

I was right behind the goal that evening when it was scored.A cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Benteke is a far better player than Hernandez. Hernandez had no future with us if LVG wants to keep playing his 433 system. He is just not good enough as a lone striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Fergie has said that he hadn't decided to retire during his final season until his wifes sister, who was also her best friend, died.
    “Things changed when Cathy’s sister Bridget died and she’s isolated a lot now and I think I owe her a lot of my own time.

If you consider that as selfish then Fergie earned the right to be selfish. He owed RVP nothing.

• Advertisement

It's actually nice to see that sentiment plays no part in LVG's management.It's RVP's time to go and now he's gone.No point in hanging onto players that aren't up to the job any more.
    Thanks for the time here Robin,a huge part in us winning a league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

SlickRic wrote: »
    As great a signing as Schweinsteiger is, signing Schneiderlin would worry me a hell of a lot more if he went to Utd tbh.

Worry you how?

united might win another league or Liverpool might not be able to catch united?

or both?

I can not fathom why Liverpool would be worried about United. Both teams are on different tiers of football and it's obvious. That's the harsh truth.

I can not fathom why Liverpool would be worried about United. Both teams are on different tiers of football and it's obvious. That's the harsh truth.

What did you just do??!!

GlamorousDeterminedHydra.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's actually nice to see that sentiment plays no part in LVG's management.It's RVP's time to go and now he's gone.No point in hanging onto players that aren't up to the job any more.
    Thanks for the time here Robin,a huge part in us winning a league.
    I thought that Van Gaal would keep playing RVP last year come rain or shine. It's nice to know that even when he is very close to a player he can differentiate between the past and the present form-wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'll just say that Utd are certainly better, but different football tiers is a pretty strong, quite arrogant thing to say.

You'd have said that 2 years ago too before Annus Moyesus.

Don't know who this fella is but I'll take any story on Morgan joining us.

https://twitter.com/Muzziozcan/status/620200973605187584

https://twitter.com/bschweinsteiger/status/620244829277188097
    " I am very happy on the new challenge at @ManUtd"

He's on his way! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Don't know who this fella is but I'll take any story on Morgan joining us.

https://twitter.com/Muzziozcan/status/620200973605187584

A and b are supposed to be Stay or Go not between two clubs..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement