Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

The Guardian

It will be interesting to see if anything develops over the weekend; it seems that the pressure should be on Madrid. It makes no sense for United to sell De Gea under anything other than their own terms; keeping De Gea for one more season and letting him go for free next year is worth more than any fee Madrid will pay this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

DM_7 wrote: »
    Is Valencia smiling or pushing out a sly fart

He gets all his smiles out of the system during pre season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

The Guardian

It will be interesting to see if anything develops over the weekend; it seems that the pressure should be on Madrid. It makes no sense for United to sell De Gea under anything other than their own terms; keeping De Gea for one more season and letting him go for free next year is worth more than any fee Madrid will pay this season.

It's Jamie Jackson reporting it. May as well listen to milkman sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The Guardian

I agree with them said it here last month, he is worth more to us so long as he isn't sulking which I don't think he will seen as he will want to stay in the Spanish team for the euros next year so it don't suit him to sulk either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Smegball wrote: »

But he is recycling what is coming from Spain, Marca are saying this, that there is deadlock...
    Marca say, a couple of weeks back it was all looking like plain sailing and De Gea would be announced as a Real Madrid player, but things have changed a lot since then as United refuse a sale unless they get Ramos.

I could have written that story hours before it was published. Such an easy job when you take news from elsewhere and just re-write it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Southampton officials are eager to clarify the future of Manchester United target Morgan Schneiderlin before the club travel to Austria for the first of their preseason games next week, sources have told ESPN FC.

Schneiderlin, 25, has been linked with a move to United and Arsenal in recent months, with sources telling ESPN FC that both clubs have made enquiries for the France international.

The midfielder has been given the green light to make a move to a club playing in next season's Champions League and has expressed a desire to remain in England's Premier League, but Southampton have yet to receive a suitable offer for the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

I really hope we don't faff around with the bidding for Schneiderlin. We have reportedly bid £20m but supposedly Southampton are holding out for £25m. I would like to see us just pay what they are asking and get the deal over the line. he might not be a blockbuster signing but we desperately need a player who can do what Schneiderlin does.

It will be massively disappointing if we let this deal fall through.

Quandary wrote: »
    I really hope we don't faff around with the bidding for Schneiderlin. We have reportedly bid £20m but supposedly Southampton are holding out for £25m. I would like to see us just pay what they are asking and get the deal over the line. he might not be a blockbuster signing but we desperately need a player who can do what Schneiderlin does.

It will be massively disappointing if we let this deal fall through.

Yeah, hopefully early next week he is a United player.

We need him badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Jackson is very close to Mendes - so there is a good chance this is coming straight from Mendes.

On anything not involving Mendes, I would pay no attention to him, but he is Mendes' pet hack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I wonder when City will get the transfer wheels turning now FFP is dead

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wonder when City will get the transfer wheels turning now FFP is dead

They spent 215 million euro over last two years. FFP or not the spending the owners are prepared to sanction won't increase massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

City scouring Europe as we speak for a central midfielder with the name Fernando/inho or anything close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I don't think there is anything new in it; but since De Gea is due back for pre-season on Monday, and United are due to fly to USA the following Monday, it's likely that there will be strong pressure to get this sorted by the following Monday at the very least. I'm not sure when Madrid are off (to Oz I think) but it has also been said that they want De Gea before they fly off. It makes sense from both the football and commercial side to have the big name(s) signed and with the squad asap and before the pre-season (tour).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I don't think there is anything new in it; but since De Gea is due back for pre-season on Monday, and United are due to fly to USA the following Monday, it's likely that there will be strong pressure to get this sorted by the following Monday at the very least. I'm not sure when Madrid are off (to Oz I think) but it has also been said that they want De Gea before they fly off. It makes sense from both the football and commercial side to have the big name(s) signed and with the squad asap and before the pre-season (tour).

I think it's the Saturday as far as I know Madrid are heading to Australia. Hopefully it will all be done and dusted by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

I know the chances are so slim at this stage, but I'd love DDG to sign a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Julez wrote: »
    I know the chances are so slim at this stage, but I'd love DDG to sign a new contract.

We all would. It would be the signing of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If ddg did sign a contract where would that leave ramos , would Madrid try and up the price even more on him?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ramos issues echo what led to Makalele's transfer to Chelsea.

Player feels his value is greater while Perez doesn't see the demands as worthwhile. Granted Ramos is on a better contract than Makalele but other issues like Ramos supposedly pro the sacked manager and against Perez all sound very familiar.

Jamie Jackson is pure godswallop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

If an official MUFC website picture of DDG signing a new contract were to be posted in here it would be the most thanked post in the history of the thread.

If an official MUFC website picture of DDG signing a new contract were to be posted in here it would be the most thanked post in the history of the thread.

Except for the photo of Ronaldo once again holding up the United top. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

DM_7 wrote: »
    Sad to see Nani is off.

The last couple of seasons prior to his loan were disappointing overall and the manager changes really hurt him. He had really good talent and ability. If United were doing better I think they would have held onto him and gave him chances to get back to form.

Van Gaal, like he did with Welbeck for example didn't believe he was worth a place though and sadly that is the end for him. If he was on the books last season he would probably have got chances which makes it more of a shame.

Its always bad to see an exciting player departing, especially when it feels like he could have achieved a lot more.

I dunno, with players like Nani, Welbeck, Kagawa and so on it feels like there's someone saying "Next year is his year". Time and tide waits for no man. Either you are performing, or you are not.

Nani has been under-performing for years, under three managers. He's left us with some great memories, but he should have been moved out 2 years ago. How little interest there was in Nani this summer is the harsh reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Agreed. On reading this I went on a bit of a search.

I think the most thanked post ever in a United superthread is this classic from Vettel.

You know you're gonna be entertained when vettel finds the multi-quote button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Agreed. On reading this I went on a bit of a search.

I think the most thanked post ever in a United superthread is this classic from Vettel.

You know you're gonna be entertained when vettel finds the multi-quote button.

Hococops' Simpsons "say the line" reference to FutureGuy last summer is surely up there aswell, still makes me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Some beauts last few years.

Another was somebody asking questions to Valencia and showing the same pic of Valencia after each question. Can't remember poster or if others remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hococops' Simpsons "say the line" reference to FutureGuy last summer is surely up there aswell, still makes me laugh

That was pretty epic
    I only wish I'd a post like that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sand wrote: »
    I dunno, with players like Nani, Welbeck, Kagawa and so on it feels like there's someone saying "Next year is his year". Time and tide waits for no man. Either you are performing, or you are not.

Nani has been under-performing for years, under three managers. He's left us with some great memories, but he should have been moved out 2 years ago. How little interest there was in Nani this summer is the harsh reality.

Is Nani officially gone?

Edit: just Googled...looks like he's on the way

Who did the multiquote reply to Bateman about de Gea - that was genius! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Some beauts last few years.

Another was somebody asking questions to Valencia and showing the same pic of Valencia after each question. Can't remember poster or if others remember.

Was the day after player of the year awards in 2012 when he got player, players player and goal of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Who did the multiquote reply to Bateman about de Gea - that was genius! :D

The Townie, one of the best posts I've ever read:

Link here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

astradave wrote: »
    The Townie, one of the best posts I've ever read:

Link here

I still can't believe that was only after a couple of games. I was the whole way through thinking this must be after a season or two but the last line is incredible. What a post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I had a Liverpool fan friend who was thinking that he'd put so much into supporting Andy Carroll that it'd break his spirit if he left. I thought I was at that stage with Kagawa and now Nani but if/when DDG leaves (it's definitely happening, I just don't want to believe it.) it will be the worst of all. When he was just starting out at United I could see the great keeper underneath all the shíte everyone was talking and as a former youth goalkeeper I defended him to the teeth. It does feel like when Ronaldo left but Ronaldo could be my favourite United player in my life so while I'm upset now at what will probably happen I feel that I'm privileged to have seen such a great keeper play for United.

Sure Schmeichal who was my favourite player as a kid played for City and Ronaldo scored the winner against United a couple of seasons ago. Thank god Keane was too old to do anything but it shows how the game works at the top level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Liam O wrote: »
    Sure Schmeichal who was my favourite player as a kid played for City and Ronaldo scored the winner against United a couple of seasons ago. Thank god Keane was too old to do anything but it shows how the game works at the top level.

Keane has said he regretted not staying in the premier league instead of going to Celtic. He backtracked a bit to appease the celtic fans but the gist of it was that he felt that he finished his career early by going to Celtic and running around like a lunatic killing himself and his hip trying to prove something.

He said he would have been better off playing for a club like Everton in a deeper role and could have done it for several more seasons. You could very well have had to watch him line up against United repeatedly. :P

I wonder if a deal for Schneiderlin is being held up while United look to see if they can sign Biglia instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

RobertKK wrote: »
    I wonder if a deal for Schneiderlin is being held up while United look to see if they can sign Biglia instead?

I hope not, Schneiderlin is the better option in my opinion especially with the premier league experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

duffman13 wrote: »
    I hope not, Schneiderlin is the better option in my opinion especially with the premier league experience

Haven't seen alot of biglia. Is he really that good? Would we be talking 30m sterling plus to sign him?

Lazio want £35 million for Biglia. Real Madrid suppose to be interested in him too.
    Haven't seen much of him myself, but will keep a closer eye on him tonight in the Copa America final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cant wait for next week.

all doom and gloom will be lifted.

*repeat next week if not ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We'll end up signing 3 or 4 deadly players before the window closes and you will all be happy. We leave everything till injury time so transfers are no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Why on earth should we spend 30mill on Biglia who is 30 next season and who worst case scenario flops in England best case takes a few months to adapt to England (like Rojo did) when for 25m we can get Schneiderlin a 25 year old proven Premier League player?

• Advertisement

Why on earth should we spend 30mill on Biglia who is 30 next season and who worst case scenario flops in England best case takes a few months to adapt to England (like Rojo did) when for 25m we can get Schneiderlin a 25 year old proven Premier League player?

Ah sure, if he did move he would be playing for Argentina...
    Otamendi in defense with Rojo as LB, with Di Maria... :p

Schneiderlin makes far more sense, I agree. Whom I too would prefer.

I have always been, and will remain a huge Nani fan. And when you think about what he done, there are loads and loads of highlights.

I could list loads of stuff that was truly world class, but will concede that those moments weren't often enough. I still believe that he could have had something to offer us though.

I'll remember him fondly, and wish him good luck. Hope he tears the ****e out of in Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Nani will haunt this thread for another 10 years. Its like a curse we can't break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ugh Sean Bateman, the memories :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Bruce apparently wants to sign Wilson on loan. I'd like Wilson to go on loan but I dont think 2 strikers (Rooney & RvP) will be enough for a full season. (Hernandez is unwanted, Keane doesnt appear good enough, and Henriquez forgotten). Good thing we dont need a striker this window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Bruce apparently wants to sign Wilson on loan. I'd like Wilson to go on loan but I dont think 2 strikers (Rooney & RvP) will be enough for a full season. (Hernandez is unwanted, Keane doesnt appear good enough, and Henriquez forgotten). Good thing we dont need a striker this window

I think Wilson would benefit far more from a loan in the Premiership.

Nani has been a disappointment - thought he was going to really push on after Ronaldo left but unfortunately not.

Still not as disappointing as Rooney though. I know Rooney is still pretty damn good but I think if he had of had the determination Ronaldo had we would be talking about him in the same breathe as Ronaldo and Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The people expecting Nani to turn into Ronaldo when Ronaldo left or when he was first signed based purely on being Portuguese and being signed from Sporting were obviously going to be disappointed. Nobody is as good as Ronaldo except Messi and it's possible they will go down as the 2 best players ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Rvp has agreed terms with Fenerbahce according to a few reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rvp has agreed terms with Fenerbahce according to a few reports.

Good. Hopefully we get good transfer fee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement