Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Honestly would people be happy if our only striking options for the season were Rooney, Wilson and Depay?

We need a striker signed, no other way around that discussion. One injury to Rooney and we are looking at Fellaini being our main striker then.

Or Depay or Wilson, as you mentioned in the first sentence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Keeping 3 strikers happy playing one up front is much harder than 4 with 2 up. Kinda the reason muller would make a lot of sense he could play wide right or up top easily. Its very hard to get in the right quality as a 2nd striker if he is going to be predominantly on the bench.

I dont think we have much chance of signing muller mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Honestly would people be happy if our only striking options for the season were Rooney, Wilson and Depay?

We need a striker signed, no other way around that discussion. One injury to Rooney and we are looking at Fellaini being our main striker then.

Yehh been thinking about it here and i think i contradict what i said yesterday wilson isnt up to scratch and ideally we would need him out on loan and a striker coming in.

I need a beer this transfer market is hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Still required for first 11
    1. Oatamendi or Ramos
    2. Schneiderlin
    3. Muller or Benteke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rumour has it that Antonio Valencia has been watching turkish language VIDEO TAPES in anticipation of his move to a turkish club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Or Depay or Wilson, as you mentioned in the first sentence...

Can you honestly see Wilson or Depay leading the line ? They would play off Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Flying out tomorrow. Been quick 7 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Robson99 wrote: »
    Still required for first 11
    1. Oatamendi or Ramos
    2. Schneiderlin
    3. Muller or Benteke

This is pretty much it, but a keeper could be needed also.

We won't be getting Muller though and I don't think Benteke is the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Starting to think Fellaini will be used up front next season. Can't say i'm totally against the idea but only in certain circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rio on Van Persie...
    As I am posting this... it looks like my former team-mate Robin van Persieis joining Fenerbahçe.

The moment Sir Alex Ferguson told us in the changing room at Carrington that he was retiring, I looked to my left around 6 lockers where I saw a totally devastating looking RVP... he was shaking his head in shock, completely disheartened it seemed. Robin took it the worst out of the whole squad.

I, like many of the squad had been lucky enough to have played under Fergie for many years but Robin had just got to the club and part of his fairy-tale of joining was playing under Sir Alex.

We would travel to games together and he would talk about him & how he compared or was different to Wenger & ask loads of questions about the great man. He had found a place & a manager that completely got RVP - Ferguson knew RVP 's goals would get us the title back & so throughout the first 6months of the season he was drilling it home to the other players to get the ball into him or else! Imagine the confidence that would have been running through his veins after hearing his boss talk like that to a team he respected - about HIM and HIS importance to winning! And yes we went on to win the league that year and a large part of that was RVP's goals that got us there!

As a player he is so silky to watch, great touch, can hold the ball up & bring others into play, timings of his runs, skills & a dream of a left foot....oh and he can finish!
    He was actually a better player than I thought he was when he arrived at Manchester United - I had played against him many times vs Arsenal, so I knew he was good but not this good. Maybe that was because he was up against me and VIDA though!! On a serious note though, I think that was the general thought through the squad too.
    "We'll done boss on bringing him here "

The goal against Aston Villa FC will forever be remembered by Manchester United fans - the ball from Wayne Rooney....then the volley....oooofff stop it!!! Don’t get me started on the last minute winner away at Manchester City!!

Two players have left Manchester United this week for Fenerbahce – they both leave being a large part of the clubs recent success. Considering the prices being paid elsewhere, the club will deem both signings as a success.

Good luck Van Pizzle!!

If we're not going to sign another striker, I think it was a bit dumb to let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

We'll sign a Cb a striker and goalkeeper if de gea leaves, Schneiderlin would be a waste of a bountiful midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rio on Van Persie...

If we're not going to sign another striker, I think it was a bit dumb to let him go.

Is Hernandez leaving? I can well see him staying now as he'd get plenty of game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

This is pretty much it, but a keeper could be needed also.

We won't be getting Muller though and I don't think Benteke is the answer.

Yes id agree a keeper may be required [hopefully not].
    I wouldn't give up on Muller just yet. Failing that id have Benteke ahead of Caviani, Kane and hes a much better player than Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Read a few rumours that Schneiderlin arrived at the Aon complex today to do his medical after Schweinsteiger arrived.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Robson99 wrote: »
    Yes id agree a keeper may be required [hopefully not].
    I wouldn't give up on Muller just yet. Failing that id have Benteke ahead of Caviani, Kane and hes a much better player than Hernandez

Muller is going nowhere. Bayern don't need the money and there would be war with the fans if he left.

Plus Rummenigge stated yesterday it wouldn't happen no matter how much Utd offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Read a few rumours that Schneiderlin arrived at the Aon complex today to do his medical after Schweinsteiger arrived.

That would be amazing but I doubt it's true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Schweinsteiger says he always dreamed of playing for United, wonder what other superstars have this dream...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RobertKK wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger says he always dreamed of playing for United, wonder what other superstars have this dream...

In b4 Robbie Keane

Mars Bar wrote: »
    In b4 Robbie Keane

A big LOL...

I have total faith we will have a good squad at start of season. Rome was not built in a day.

Ed is delivering people just need to chill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I have total faith we will have a good squad at start of season. Rome was not built in a day.

Ed is delivering people just need to chill.

Exactly! People need to have patience. We've shown we can pull off good deals and keep them relatively quiet.

It's obvious we need a striker, a cb and potentially a Gk....And we still seem to be in for Schneiderlin.

LVG knows well Depay won't lead the line next season.

The need, yet again, to state the obvious in a negative regurgitated way is pointless.

Chill. Ed, LVG and Co have this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Otamendi or Ramos and Schneiderlin are 2 signings that should be made asap.It gives a very strong first xi.
    I think DDG will leave but I have a feeling it will be Valdes as No. 1.
    A striker should be bought but no idea who that would be.Maybe a young player who is willing to be second choice to Rooney while he learns the ropes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mars Bar wrote: »
    In b4 Robbie Keane

Have a look at post #2903. I posted a twitter link with a pic of himself and his brothers wearing Utd kit from around 2001/02. This time it seems to be the truth.

Sky suspending betting on Schneiderlin to United following #Bloodgate; some lad claims that he was asked to transport blood samples from both Bastian and Schneiderlin following their medicals at Carrington.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sky suspending betting on Schneiderlin to United following #Bloodgate; some lad claims that he was asked to transport blood samples from both Bastian and Schneiderlin following their medicals at Carrington.

MorgON!!:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,662 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Still buzzin'.

SCHWEINSTEIGER!

Woof!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

RobertKK wrote: »

Seamie Coleman ?!

• Advertisement

Seamie Coleman ?!

Personally hoping for someone like Muller, Bale, Messi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I don't want to be "that" guy especially since I got Schweinstiger move so wrong but we are not signing Morgan Schneiderlin.

The secretary got confused as to who was in for their medical. She's not a football fan and the hubbie is a city supporter. Sterling this, Delph that.

She knew it was scneidieshweinisomething so hedged her bets and got two samples sent out.

pWZ-hg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

He is the new wesley sneider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You can be chilled and concerned about the size of the squad and vocalise it.

Those saying chill, it will all sort itself out, Ed has it, is as bad, if not worse than those they are accusing of being over negative.

There's a lot of things up in the air at the moment. The De Gea situation still hasn't been sorted and we are still no nearer to knowing who the replacement will be. Muttering so that Di Maria may be sold today. Despite three excellent signings the squad is no bigger than lasts season, which is a concern.

I think it's only right to discuss these things in real time and as they evolve, and yes express concern when you feel it.

Saying "everything will be grand" offers nothing to the thread and would make it redundant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,662 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

adox wrote: »

Those saying chill, it will all sort itself out, Ed has it, is as bad, if not worse than those they are accusing of being over negative.

There's a lot of things up in the air at the moment. The De Gea situation still hasn't been sorted and we are still no nearer to knowing who the replacement will be. Muttering so that Di Maria may be sold today. Despite three excellent signings the squad is no bigger than lasts season, which is a concern.

I think it's only right to discuss these things in real time and as they evolve, and yes express concern when you feel it.

Saying "everything will be grand" offers nothing to the thread and would make it redundant.

Chill...Schweinsteiger

Going on a rant for sake of it offers far little though.

What we do know, is we don't know anything about what is happening behind closed doors.

Been concerned is fine and voicing it is welcome, making stuff out of tin air is just wasting blood pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Going on a rant for sake of it offers far little though.

What we do know, is we don't know anything about what is happening behind closed doors.

Been concerned is fine and voicing it is welcome, making stuff out of tin air is just wasting blood pressure.

Agreed

And if the last few days are anything to go by, it just means we and 99% of the media have feck all clue what is going behind the scenes at OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

It will be Kane or Cavani. I'd rather neither but there isn't many other feasible options out there.

I've a feeling it will be Cavani. Again another physical guy but with terrific technical ability. Seems a bit wasteful from what I've seen of him though.

adox wrote: »

I think it's only right to discuss these things in real time and as they evolve, and yes express concern when you feel it

And how do you know when they evolve? We don't really know for sure a lot of the time. When an article in a tabloid or any website appears!?It's good to discuss them but most of the time the links posted are rubbish unfortunately.

So we're worried about De Gea. We're anxious about the centre half and striker positions. Lets discuss the options out there, let's debate why those positions haven't been tackled before the 3 recent signings....That's great.

But, to just state the obvious situation and turn it into a silly, over the top panic is fücking ridiculous. There's no panic or major concern yet. Even If there is, we should question why, not just state it. We're not at that point yet, hopefully we won't ever be come the start of the season.

Post with some solutions and\or optimism, give the views as to what the ideal resolution should be,or at the very least don't repeat the doom and gloom. We are all aware of the situation and the gaps in the squad. Lets not be spoilt children that didn't fill their sticker book. Rants are pointless.

Repeating can be boring, but repeating positivity after 3 great signings isn't that bad! Especially if a few bewbs are a shaking :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Trilla wrote: »
    And how do you know when they evolve? We don't really know for sure a lot of the time. When an article in a tabloid or any website appears!?It's good to discuss them but most of the time the links posted are rubbish unfortunately.

So we're worried about De Gea. We're anxious about the centre half and striker positions. Lets discuss the options out there, let's debate why those positions haven't been tackled before the 3 recent signings....That's great.

But, to just state the obvious situation and turn it into a silly, over the top panic is fücking ridiculous. There's no panic or major concern yet. Even If there is, we should question why, not just state it. We're not at that point yet, hopefully we won't ever be come the start of the season.

Post with some solutions and\or optimism, give the views as to what the ideal resolution should be,or at the very least don't repeat the doom and gloom. We are all aware of the situation and the gaps in the squad. Lets not be spoilt children that didn't fill their sticker book. Rants are pointless.

Repeating can be boring, but repeating positivity after 3 great signings isn't that bad! Especially if a few bewbs are a shaking :-)

We are obviously not very far apart in our thinking as I agree with the vast majority of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Gaitan bullshít.
    FFS
    raining_david_tennant.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Smegball wrote: »
    It will be Kane or Cavani. I'd rather neither but there isn't many other feasible options out there.

I've a feeling it will be Cavani. Again another physical guy but with terrific technical ability. Seems a bit wasteful from what I've seen of him though.
    I would prefer Cavani if it was a case of either joining.Kane had a good season but is really untested and I'd say Levy will have wet dreams tonight after hearing what City paid for Sterling.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I would prefer Cavani if it was a case of either joining.Kane had a good season but is really untested and I'd say Levy will have wet dreams tonight after hearing what City paid for Sterling.

Spurs would demand a fortune for Kane. Anything over 30m sterling would be ott

Not a lot of love for Benteke in here no?

A few titbits floating about that a fee has been agreed for Schneiderlin,even a few reports of him being spotted heading into Carrington.
    Nothing verified of course so we'll play the waiting game as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    A few titbits floating about that a fee has been agreed for Schneiderlin,even a few reports of him being spotted heading into Carrington.
    Nothing verified of course so we'll play the waiting game as per usual.

Twitter is so bleeding crazy during the Transfer window.

https://twitter.com/Skamme/status/620320375881244672

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads Pedro (although I don't think he'll leave Barca)
    Worth a punt??
    For 10-15m I certainly would go for the deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

First time logging in... Depay - 8.5m in Fantasy Football - one to watch maybe!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement