Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You'd think with the new signings coming in, maybe just maybe De Gea would have a change of heart, sign a new deal & stay at the club long term, i mean with United he has more chance of winning trophies, whereas if he jumped ship to Real Madrid, he'd be kicking himself, let's face it Barcelona are THE TOP TEAM in La Liga, and i do not see that changing any time soon.

After the carry on with Casillas,I hope he was watching SSN tonight and says "Feck that,I'm staying in Manchester".

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/620327156124487680

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You'd think with the new signings coming in, maybe just maybe De Gea would have a change of heart, sign a new deal & stay at the club long term, i mean with United he has more chance of winning trophies, whereas if he jumped ship to Real Madrid, he'd be kicking himself, let's face it Barcelona are THE TOP TEAM in La Liga, and i do not see that changing any time soon.
    All the top players want to play for Real Or Barca if there wanted by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Carrick has both cover and competition. Herrera can be rotated without using Fellaini in a central midfield role. Woodward has done very well. Our midfield is deep and strong now. We can employ loads of different strategies and shapes with players being natural fits within them. No more Blind as the holding player. Give us a grip of that tooter there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

choo-choo-motherfckr.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

MD1990 wrote: »
    All the top players want to play for Real Or Barca if there wanted by them.

Hello. On a level of 0 to Ed Woodward just how freaking jealous are you right now sweetheart

CJv8R8yWcAEeoRt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

zerks wrote: »
    After the carry on with Casillas,I hope he was watching SSN tonight and says "Feck that,I'm staying in Manchester".

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/620327156124487680

That's disgusting on Madrid's part to be honest, treating a club legend like **** over the past 5 years.

De Gea @ United, = Universally loved, De Gea @ Madrid = 1 mistake, and he'll be booed, whistled, cat called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

I turned 30 half an hour ago and big Ed has given me the best birthday presents by far and judging by all the rumours he might not be finished yet. Flippin Delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CJv8R8yWcAEeoRt.png

kinda weird its referred to as the spiderpig tune and not spiderman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Id fùcking love if DeGea read all that stuff and changed his mind on Madrid ... :) .. I think I would explode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

luther-photo-784129786.gif

giphy.gif

Amazing few days! DDG signing a new contract with us is all I want now.
    A lot of our problems with defending seemed to stem from having a very weak defensive midfield area.
    I am delighted with these signings. Can't wait for the new season already.

Trilla wrote: »

With him and Bastian in midfield we'd have SchneiderPig.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not when you read the first two lines and swap spiderpig and Schneiderlin,

I am pretty sure the spiderman song does not go - Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a Spiderman does

Some more muppetry:

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/manchester-united-sigue-buscando-espana-20150712.html

Ramos and Bale reported to be next on the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Some more muppetry:

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/manchester-united-sigue-buscando-espana-20150712.html

Ramos and Bale reported to be next on the list.

i'd take that :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the spiderman song does not go go - Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a Spiderman does

Well it almost does, and the tune is the same

Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How are we going to lineup next season?

Headshot wrote: »

Like a train.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Well it almost does!

Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can

I will accept that. I am not going to argue the point further with all these signings going on :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

No idea, but I'm really looking forward to finding out!

• Advertisement

Hello. On a level of 0 to Ed Woodward just how freaking jealous are you right now sweetheart

Schneiderlin is a very good Signing. Schweinstiger is well past his best but a good character to have in the dressing room. I would take Clyne & Firmino over Depay & Damian though.

Like a train.

Schneiderlin is a very good Signing. Schweinstiger is well past his best but a good character to have in the dressing room. I would take Clyne & Firmino over Depay & Damian though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96216995&postcount=9706;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sky Sports will have some job getting all the midfielders' names to fit across the pre-match graphics!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Let's be serious here...

Depay will win PFA young player.
    Darmian is the Serie A right back of the season for the past two seasons.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Let's be serious here...

Depay will win PFA young player.
    Darmian is the Serie A right back of the season for the past two seasons.

Don't bother,he got no good of arguing with posters in his own thread and has popped in here now to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

youd take a very unproven english defender over the italian first choice RB (and their current player of the year) and somebody who was unheard of 3 weeks ago over the hottest young talent in europe?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Log onto boards and see crazy activity on the United thread in last two hours.
    I think, don't get your hopes up, it's a Sunday night what could have possibly happened.

Then i see the gif explosion and see why.
    Had to change my underwear very soon after. :D

Cannot believe this!!

Any chance big dave is looking at all this activity and thinking "finally, Im gonna have some protection out there, might not have to do this all myself. Mahcester ain't so bad, got my bae's Anders and Juan here too, think I'll stick around"

youd take a very unproven english defender over the italian first choice RB (and their current player of the year) and somebody who was unheard of 3 weeks ago over the hottest young talent in europe?

Was that post quoted fake \ ninja edited or a joke?? I clicked the link and it reads differently

Log onto boards and see crazy activity on the United thread in last two hours.
    I think, don't get your hopes up, it's a Sunday night what could have possibly happened.

Then i see the gif explosion and see why.
    Had to change my underwear very soon after. :D

Cannot believe this!!

Any chance big dave is looking at all this activity and thinking "finally, Im gonna have some protection out there, might not have to do this all myself. Mahcester ain't so bad, got my bae's Anders and Juan here too, think I'll stick around"

Woodward is currently working on getting Dave a nice Manchester lass as a new girlfriend.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Schweinsteiger is past his best but still better than anything they have over in Merseyside, ignore the butthurt they are experiencing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so thats about £70m spent now and a huge chunk of wages off the bill with Cleverly, Amos, Henriquez, Thorpe, Nani, RVP and Falcao gone and probably 3 more to medium earners to follow them.

add in the ~£9m we have received so far for RVP/Nani and the potential money coming in for Hernandez and Evans (about ~£15m) you get the impression there is a big chunk of money still to be spent, possibly the same again for Otamendi and a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You could take Clyne when United didnt want him.
    United went for the first choice Italian RB ,Pool get the back up to Kyle Walker.

Damian has 13 Italy caps so hasn't huge experience. Clyne had been a very good Player RB for 3 years. Players from Serie A recently have struggled in the PL too. Firmino is not unknown was awarded the best overseas player in Germany in 13/14. Depay looks a very good player but has only played in Holland which is a very weak league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Not to shabby

De Gea
    Darmian--Smalling--Rojo--Shaw
    Sniderlin

Sweinsteigar--Herrera
    Mata
    Depay
    Rooney

Dimaria gonna have to fight for a place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

so thats about £70m spent now and a huge chunk of wages off the bill with Cleverly, Amos, Henriquez, Thorpe, Nani, RVP and Falcao gone and probably 3 more to medium earners to follow them.

add in the ~£9m we have received so far for RVP/Nani and the potential money coming in for Hernandez and Evans (about ~£15m) you get the impression there is a big chunk of money still to be spent, possibly the same again for Otamendi and a striker.

If we spend another 44m we would be level with the amount of cash brought in from the kit deals alone.

Depay £31m
    Darmian £13m
    Schweinsteiger £15m
    Scheniderlin £25m
    Total: £84m
    1 season of Chevy £53m
    1 season of Adidas £75m
    Total: £128m

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Damian has 13 Italy caps so hasn't huge experience. Clyne had been a very good Player RB for 3 years. Players from Serie A recently have struggled in the PL too. Firmino is not unknown was awarded the best overseas player in Germany in 13/14. Depay looks a very good player but has only played in Holland which is a very weak league.

So players from Serie A and the Eredivise can struggle but players from the Bundesliga are always successful? Talking out your rear end. Jog on.

The 4 players United have brought in cost a total of £75 million pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

At this stage I'm fairly confident ed will have sorted out Greece in between the signings

So players from Serie A and the Eredivise can struggle but players from the Bundesliga are always successful? Talking out your rear end. Jog on.
    Bundesliga is more similar to the Pl. Think Damian is a good player but Serie A players recently have struggled in the PL
    Borini, Balotelli,Lamela,Jovetic,Nastastic, Diakete, Osvaldo, Cuadrado & also Immobile at Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dear Sir Woodward (or would you prefer King Ed?),

We love you.

Regards,
    The occupants of the positivity train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Brilliant lads, we'll have some midfield next year. Been waiting for that since 2009 =D CB + Striker next and the team will be looking pretty awesome :)

:D

CJv4LaIXAAA-70d.jpg

CJv4LqOWEAAqWid.jpg

CJv4L7KWIAASIEN.jpg

CJv4MIoWoAA6e1E.jpg

Needs to be reposted.

lvgfyjt4.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Had you asked fans of either team to choose between Depay and Firmino in April or May, the answer wouldve firmly been the former. Far younger, international regular, ridiculous goal scoring record. I can entertain an argument for preferring Clyne. i think i'd take Depay alone over all of Liverpool's signings combined tho tbh

Thats a very eh erm dark voice on Ed there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Times saying we are looking at making a move for Benteke.
    United are weighing up a move for Christian Benteke, the Aston Villa forward, with other priority targets, such as Harry Kane, of Tottenham Hotspur, looking increasingly out of reach.

I don't want to go to bed in case I miss the next eight signings.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement