Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MD1990 wrote: »
    Bundesliga is more similar to the Pl. Think Damian is a good player but Serie A players recently have struggled in the PL
    Borini, Balotelli,Lamela,Jovetic,Nastastic, Diakete, Osvaldo, Cuadrado & also Immobile at Dortmund.

Shinji struggled for us he came from German league your logic is messed up mate.
    Balotelli struggled in Italy too that's why Milan sold him to pool and laughed the whole way to the bank.
    We will celebrate our new signings and you lot can celebrate selling one of your best young players to a team you are trying to catch to get back in champs league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Said from the start I'd take Benteke, young, good finisher, 1 in 2 in the premier league

The only problem is the price although Lukaku and Bony went for similar so it's probably the going rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

jayo26 wrote: »
    Shinji struggled for us he came from German league your logic is messed up mate.
    Balotelli struggled in Italy too that's why Milan sold him to pool and laughed the whole way to the bank.
    We will celebrate our new signings and you lot can celebrate selling one of your best young players to a team you are trying to catch to get back in champs league.

Why even bother? United will be involved in the title race next season while Liverpool will be trying to sneak into the top four. It's pointless to entertain him.

Said from the start I'd take Benteke, young, good finisher, 1 in 2 in the premier league

The only problem is the price although Lukaku and Bony went for similar so it's probably the going rate

We could get benteke and otamendi for the price it would cost us to grab Daniel levys attention to talk to us about Kane.
    I know who id be going for.

Why even bother? United will be involved in the title race next season while Liverpool will be trying to sneak into the top four. It's pointless to entertain him.

Ahh I know but its nice go point out a few things too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Duncan Castles; :pac::pac::pac:

rcJzsH9.gif

Thanks to Olly @ Redcafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Why even bother? United will be involved in the title race next season while Liverpool will be trying to sneak into the top four six. It's pointless to entertain him.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bundesliga is more similar to the Pl. Think Damian is a good player but Serie A players recently have struggled in the PL
    Borini, Balotelli,Lamela,Jovetic,Nastastic, Diakete, Osvaldo, Cuadrado & also Immobile at Dortmund.
    Bar Lamela and Cuadrado you couldn't really have picked a more useless pile of dirt.Lamela didn't want to leave Roma and Cuadrado hasn't been in the EPL a full season yet.You can take a handful of mediocre players from any league and show they will struggle some where else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Duncan Castles tweeted: MUFC agree big fee for Schneiderlin after signing high-wage midfielder who started 82 league games in 4 years. There's a kind of logic there.

Now that's kind of pathetic since four years back, Schneiderlin was 21 years of age in the Championship, but let's ignore that for now - pathetic is kind of standard fare for him. The other problem is... it's just not true Morgan Schneiderlin has started over 90 league games in the last THREE years alone. In the last four seasons, he has started in the region of 120 league games.

Gotta love the bitterness from a lot of other fans the last few days, but you have to think surely even some people on this forum could do a better job than clowns like Castles. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

He was referring to Bastian with his 82 games comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOO

OH HI MD :)

what a few days for our club now lets offer degea the world and get him to club legend status

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    :D

CJv4LaIXAAA-70d.jpg

CJv4LqOWEAAqWid.jpg

CJv4L7KWIAASIEN.jpg

CJv4MIoWoAA6e1E.jpg

DJx0xZt.gif

baz2009 wrote: »
    He was referring to Bastian with his 82 games comment.

Misread that one, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Fantastic signing. He was my dream signing for the last 2 years and this is just fantastic. What a great great transfer window till now. Absolutely fantastic and the speed of the signings is just mindblowing. 3 days, 3 excellent players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Still can't get it out of my head that we'll see a lot of Carrick or Blind at centre half next year, regardless of signing one. Van Gaal likes a ball playing centre half and he clearly loves the intelligence and experience Carrick brings, in any position. Trying to guess what Van Gaal is dangerous though and the only sobering thought I have tonight. We seem to be set with 4-3-3, but we played really well with that for a period early last year but ended up reverting to 3 at the back for a prolonged period. He barely played Herrera for a lot of the year despite him sanctioning the signing and Herrera playing well (read Darmian, or Depay not playing this year). Persisting with players in wrong positions (Rooney CM, Carrick CB, Di Maria ST) He obviously has a lot of time for Fellaini and Young also. The team looks great on paper and ive faith that there's a method in Van Gaal's madness. Don't think it'll work out as simple though as him playing that obvious* 4-3-3 line up we all seem to want. Who wouldve thought at the start of last season that our best football would come with Young and Fellaini playing and RVP. Falcao and Di Maria on the bench

Schneid----
    Herrera
    Bastian
    Depay
    Di Maria
    Rooney

Schneiderlin is a very good Signing. Schweinstiger is well past his best but a good character to have in the dressing room. I would take Clyne & Firmino over Depay & Damian though.

You can take whomever you want, you can even take Danny Ings, Bogdan ahead of ManUtd signings, who cares.. we have signed Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin :P

Btw, we have the best midfield in the league. Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Carrick, Blind is just excellent options to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

As regards the striker situation, really don't think they have to go splashing out on some big signing like Benteke that may not fit right. No need to buy the future of our strikeforce this summer, just need a goalscorer to tide us over who wont mind not playing, something in the mould of Teddy Sheringham circa 00, or like Frank Lampard last year, just in striker form. Loan or otherwise. Really difficult to think of anyone though. Llorente was the best I could think of? Higuan maybe, not a fan though. One from left field - Charlie Austin?? Huntelaar after all these years? Where are all the strikers gone to!!? Seems weird to get rid of RVP without a plan in place, even given he was on insane wages for a backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, and Darmian for roughly the same cost as Sterling...

• Advertisement

Lads and ladies, the last 20 pages have been tremendous fun, unreal altogether.

I left the house yesterday and came home to see we signed Schweini.
    I left the house today and came home to see we signed Schneiderlin.

Who wants me to leave the house tomorrow??

No gifs, memes, songs, just 'well fúcking done Ed Woodward and Manchester United'.

Gonna go to sleep now. DDG to sign a new improved 5 year contract with the club tomorrow? Sure why not.

stankratz wrote: »
    Who wants me to leave the house tomorrow??

The last time I wanted someone to open a door and just walk the f*** through it so badly was...

truman-stairs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there will be some burst of jersey sales once the new deal kicks in, Adidas must be loving this.

9, 15, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29 are all available plus 6 and 14 potentially for Evans and Hernandez.

Depay will get 19 id say and Darmian was #36 at Torino and thats free also i think.

Schneiderlin could get 24 id say and Bastian 15 though the reality is, its impossible to predict.

Otamendi will get 6 though once Evans goes ;)
    Andy Mitten had an article the other day (where he also saying United still wanted Schneiderlin) saying that there is a good chance LVG is gonna shake up the squad numbers. I'm not sure why he'd be arsed, but there is a chance a number of current players will be wearing different numbers next season.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

delighted about that - i'm not sold on the kid, but he had a great U20 WC with Brazil over the summer and I feared he would miss the start of pre-season (and thus the chance to play on the tour) due to needing a break, similar to copa america players.

I wonder has he been ordered back per schedule (given the 1 extra week off) or if he has cut the break short himself to put himself in contention for the first team squad. Not that it really matters either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Been a great few days business in fairness. Have really gone and sorted out key areas that needed addressing and brought in top drawer players.
    Have a feeling we will see a striker in the not too distant future after RVPs departure.

• Advertisement

kstand wrote: »
    Been a great few days business in fairness. Have really gone and sorted out key areas that needed addressing and brought in top drawer players.
    Have a feeling we will see a striker in the not too distant future after RVPs departure.

I reckon Woodward is gonna go for Bale or Ronaldo rather than an out and out striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Some of the speculation lately seems like a 10 year olds FIFA team. However given the last weekends dealings, I find it hard to view any rumours as speculative!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. I don't want to be "that" guy especially since I got Schweinstiger move so wrong but we are not signing Morgan Schneiderlin.

The secretary got confused as to who was in for their medical. She's not a football fan and the hubbie is a city supporter. Sterling this, Delph that.

She knew it was scneidieshweinisomething so hedged her bets and got two samples sent out.

Busy day ahead for me.

Anyone else we need before I start work?

ManUtd signed Schweinsteiger - Meh, he is on decline. Would have worried if they signed Schneiderlin.

ManUtd signed Schneiderlin - Meh, he is overrated. He was for sale in the last 3 windows and no big club tried him.

Along with quality gifs in this thread, you get to read incredibly bitter posts elsewhere :D

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Busy day ahead for me.

Anyone else we need before I start work?

Can you give us your thoughts on signing bale please??? And de gea signing a new contract....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Over the last few years I became so accustomed to United being linked with tonnes of players but signing very few of them. I'm not used to this actually signing players craic! :p

All I can think now is, who's next??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

There's so many positives at the minute I forgot one.

Rooney in midfield should be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

sky88 wrote: »
    At this stage I'm fairly confident ed will have sorted out Greece in between the signings

A deal on Greece has been agreed :pac:

There's so many positives at the minute I forgot one.

Rooney in midfield should be done.

will be interesting to see what we do about the striker situation.

Rooney and Wilson surely won't be enough for the season, even if LVG views Depay as a striking option. However, if we are going for someone that will basically be backup to Rooney, it is going to be hard to find a suitable candidate, imo. One of the reasons I thought we should have hung on to RVP.

On a side note, all these midfield signings have me questioning my decision to have Herrera in my fantasy football midfield....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

will be interesting to see what we do about the striker situation.

Rooney and Wilson surely won't be enough for the season, even if LVG views Depay as a striking option. However, if we are going for someone that will basically be backup to Rooney, it is going to be hard to find a suitable candidate, imo. One of the reasons I thought we should have hung on to RVP.

On a side note, all these midfield signings have me questioning my decision to have Herrera in my fantasy football midfield....

Yea I think a striker is needed, I don't think Wilson will be enough backup and depay just settling in new league would be fully confident

I don't think rvp would have stayed to be a sub so it was a difficult situation, I thought he should have stayed as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

One of the reasons I thought we should have hung on to RVP

I've come across a few people saying this. RVP was in decline, injury prone and probably beginning to sulk. I wouldn't have had confidence in his performances. I'm happy he's gone and off the wage bill. I'd be happier keeping Chico but clearly he's not happy also.

You raise a good question though, whats a good backup striker out there? Are we looking to Spain, France or German league again as nobody from the BPL springs to mind immediately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

At this stage I'm fairly confident ed will have sorted out Greece in between the signings

:eek:

Trilla wrote: »
    I've come across a few people saying this. RVP was in decline, injury prone and probably beginning to sulk. I wouldn't have had confidence in his performances. I'm happy he's gone and off the wage bill. I'd be happier keeping Chico but clearly he's not happy also.

You raise a good question though, whats a good backup striker out there? Are we looking to Spain, France or German league again as nobody from the BPL springs to mind immediately?
    The role is one I was championing Ings for when we were being linked to him.

Its a tough role to buy for, similar to backup keeper. Sure just look at who madrid had as their backup striker last season!

To be honest, I reckon we will go relatively big for a striker - but I can also see it depending on whether Woodward gets either Ronaldo or Bale, whom I reckon we will move for. If we sign either of those, I don't think we will go for a traditional striker, and I'd be ok with that, especially with regards Ronaldo as we could play him centrally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Can't believe we've signed so many starting players and I still think there's 2 more to come. GK and striker next

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Maybe the club isn't so badly run like some people think?
    Maybe they know what they are doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Can't believe we've signed so many starting players and I still think there's 2 more to come. GK and striker next

A CB is vital too and I suspect it will come before a ST

Fancy a coffee or a glass of leffe sometime? ;):o

Trilla wrote: »
    A CB is vital too and I suspect it will come before a ST

Fancy a coffee or a glass of leffe sometime? ;):o
    I reckon a striker could be first, as it could be less of a task to bring one in.

It looks like Otamendi is ready to trigger, but I wonder if we are going for him OR Ramos, so holding off until the DDG situation is sorted. bit of a mine field that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I'm always up for a glass of leffe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I reckon a striker could be first, as it could be less of a task to bring one in.

It looks like Otamendi is ready to trigger, but I wonder if we are going for him OR Ramos, so holding off until the DDG situation is sorted. bit of a mine field that one.

We are going for both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Stop talkin' crazy talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

Eh. A. central defender is a priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have defended Ed Woodward for a long time now, 2013 was not his best on the field, but that might be down to Moyes being too cautious and not pushing like Van Gaal does when it comes to pulling the trigger and being decisive.
    2013 was the year we would joke about yet another sponsor being signed, so Ed was putting in place the finances for the future.

Ron Baron who bought $200 million worth of Manchester United over the past two years, believes the free cash being generated in the club within five years will be upto $450 million per year, which is around €400 million or £290 million a year.
    He went onto say United should be worth £3.8 billion/$6 billion/€5.4 billion by then.

It is no wonder in Spain, that Ed Woodward was referred to as the 'Ronaldo of football's commercial sphere'. Record breaking deals off the pitch, allowing major spending on the pitch.
    Love you Ed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement