Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

billyhead wrote: »
    Eh. A. central defender is a priority.

Would think with the quality now in midfield to protect the back 4 a replacement for VP and DDG will be more important. Only my opinion mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I'm not convinced by Edison Cavani - I'd prefer Benteke. He has proven himself for 2 years in the league and is a proper battering ram and at 24 coming on 25 coming right into his prime.

I cant believe those goons at Eastlands went and spent £50m on Raheem Sterling. He isnt worth a quarter of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So if we do manage to sign Otamendi and Ramos as De Telegraaf says we want to and if we want Cavani as the Guardian says, a team lined up like this:

Valdes
    Darmian--Ramos--Otamendi--Rojo
    Herrera--Schneiderlin--Schweinsteiger
    Cavani--Rooney--Memphis

More than half a new team first team possible...

RobertKK wrote: »
    So if we do manage to sign Otamendi and Ramos as De Telegraaf says we want to and if we want Cavani as the Guardian says, a team lined up like this:

Valdes
    Cavani--Rooney--Memphis

That team would give the CL a fair old rattle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Event though a CB is vital I seriously doubt we'll sign 2. Smalling is good enough beside a classier CB.

Its a CB, a striker (of what standard I'm unsure) and a GK depending on the De Gea situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think De Gea is staying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Valdes
    Cavani--Rooney--Memphis

Shaw?

Shaw?

Rojo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

apRLbin.gif
    355088.JPG
    CvDSDw9.gif
    355089.JPG
    Wx8Fj6u.gif
    355090.JPG
    91NZweu.gif
    355091.JPG
    5LprKws.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

Would think with the quality now in midfield to protect the back 4 a replacement for VP and DDG will be more important. Only my opinion mind

Although a striker is needed central defence needs to be sorted out first. Doubt it will be Ramos though. Otamendi looks like the next signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He's obviously just letting Woody use his name to troll Madrid like the good Athletico graduate he is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

kstand wrote: »
    I'm not convinced by Edison Cavani - I'd prefer Benteke. He has proven himself for 2 years in the league and is a proper battering ram and at 24 coming on 25 coming right into his prime.

I have a bad feeling about Benteke being a flop at a big club, based on nothing.

If there's going to be speculation about him going to Madrid every season, then I'd prefer if he went now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I remember going to OT a few years ago and saw a guy with "Roonaldovez" on the back of his jersey - like to see him try that with Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger.....

Schweinsteiderlin!? Schneidsteiger?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

De Vrij is suppose to be the back up if we don't get Ramos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I have a bad feeling about Benteke being a flop at a big club, based on nothing.

The big men up top that succeed at big clubs all have really good link up play like Ibra, Benzema etc.

He'd be a good addition if he's solely backup to Rooney but I don't think he'll provide the creative spark to unlock really good defences.

On the other hand, there's a good chance he would batter his way through the majority of the league's defences. That's a big part of winning a leagu too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I remember going to OT a few years ago and saw a guy with "Roonaldovez" on the back of his jersey - like to see him try that with Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger.....

Defo Schneidersteiger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The teamsheet is starting to look like a shadowcomplex special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I wonder if there is even the slimmest chance that these signings may convince DDG to change his mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

De Vrij is suppose to be the back up if we don't get Ramos.

Woody doesn't do "back up"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Has anyone seen Ed & Shadowcomplex in the same place at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ha I wonder if he will come back and post a real lineup now instead of fantasy ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Maybe the club isn't so badly run like some people think?
    Maybe they know what they are doing?

Down with that sort of thing!
    Careful now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

CJxnlAtWwAAgMOA.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Schweinderlin?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Schweinerlin surely.

Utd should buy Ibrahimovic. We need someone in the Cantona/Ronaldo mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

He's obviously a great player, but also a fairly dislikable chap all round. Not quite at Suarez levels mind, but I'd still feel dirty supporting him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

KH25 wrote: »
    At this rate, Messi.

£140 million should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Just getting bits and pieces of all the signings as away on holiday. ....happy days lads, happy days...it's kinda like the old days finding out stuff a day after it already happened.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Four first XI players in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just hope the new players don't take too long in understanding the philosophy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

BKtje wrote: »

Pre season will be a great for this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I think it's fair to say De Telegraaf has become the official newspaper of United under LVG... They must have LVG himself or someone very close to him as a source!

They have been absolutely spot on since LVG started his post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'd image depay and Bastian should adjust quickly as they have worked with lvg before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

NAH3FLM.jpg

advertsfox wrote: »
    NAH3FLM.jpg

Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No chance Ibrahimovic would sign for us, not while LVG is manager. NONE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Schweinsteiger has played under van gaal, so he knows what to expect. Depay is used to him from the dutch squad and Schneiderlin strikes me as an intelligent footballer so should adapt well. Darmian is a bit of an unknown to me, even though i've seen him play a few times but he seems to be getting highly rated by a few lads here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

No chance Ibrahimovic would sign for us, not while LVG is manager. NONE.

Yeah Ibra and LVG didn't get on at all in Ajax. Can't see it ever happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jamesbere wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger has played under van gaal, so he knows what to expect. Depay is used to him from the dutch squad and Schneiderlin strikes me as an intelligent footballer so should adapt well. Darmian is a bit of an unknown to me, even though i've seen him play a few times but he seems to be getting highly rated by a few lads here.

was chatting to an Italian lad at football last night and he was absolutely raving about him, says he is brilliant and will be a great signing for United. Never met the lad before though, so i've no idea if he is a good judge of player - the other lads (who play football with him regularly for the over 35s team) were valuing his opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

We can relax a little now and really enjoy the rest of this window and see what surprises Ed has in store.

CM was the key area to improve and we have two good signings there now. RB sorted so now we need a CB, I would like two but lets see. If we get the otter and Ramos this will go down as one of the most amazing transfer windows for any club.

The DDG situation is still up in the air and we need a striker. Its weird they let RVP go, he is quality so thats a weird one for me and I'm sad to see RVP go.

I have a feeling there will be a late surprise Falcao type signing. Ed seems to be on a mission to achieve living legend status in the footballing world right now.

Those stories of a world record bid for Bale getting turned could mean anything is possible. If we are intent on getting another wide man I would much prefer a sensible bid for Reus.

I can't wait to see what Ed will do next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Wouod we reckon that united will announce the two latest additions in afternoon when stock market is open? Maybe it won't matter at all ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Valencia will start the season at right back anyway until lvg is confident with Damian playing the way he wants.
    It will be like Herrera all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

just took a look at the outgoings in last 2 years since Fergie and it really makes incredible reading - 19 of the players who he signed, have left in this period.

1.Bebe
    2.Buttner
    3.Welbeck
    4.Kagawa
    5. RVP
    6. Nani
    7. Cleverly
    8. Scholes (retired)
    9.Rio (retired)
    10.Giggs (retired)
    11.Fabio
    12. Zaha
    13.Anderson
    14.Fletcher
    15. Amos
    16.Vidic
    17.Evra
    18. Macheda
    19. Henriquez

This excludes the likes of Keane, Wooton, Lawrence and the other ~15 academy players who were released since then.

theres 14 remaining from the 12/13 squad and that includes the likes DDG, Evans, Rafael, Hernandez & Lindegaard who are expected to leave sooner or later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Something that makes me excited...we've got a big rebuilding project underway this summer, but hopefully next, we won't need half the players but should have the same, if not more, cash available.

We're going to have some fun when we can focus the £200m a year into 2 players a summer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So much for waiting till Adidas deal kicks in!

I was day dreaming about their marketing promotion saying something like McGregor "were not here too take part, we're here too take over" and pictures of the new signings in the new Adidas gear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Schneiderlin vs Yaya Toure

https://vine.co/v/eJAWJOEqHWI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Valencia will start the season at right back anyway until lvg is confident with Damian playing the way he wants.
    It will be like Herrera all over again.

I dont think so id imagine lvg knows all about him and how he fits in the team. Out of the signings last year you could say rojo and blind were his signings and he had no problems with plahing them where as shaw and anders werent trusted due to fitness and philosophy. And falcao was just falcao.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement