Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

just took a look at the outgoings in last 2 years since Fergie and it really makes incredible reading - 19 of the players who he signed, have left in this period.

1.Bebe
    2.Buttner
    3.Welbeck
    4.Kagawa
    5. RVP
    6. Nani
    7. Cleverly
    8. Scholes (retired)
    9.Rio (retired)
    10.Giggs (retired)
    11.Fabio
    12. Zaha
    13.Anderson
    14.Fletcher
    15. Amos
    16.Vidic
    17.Evra
    18. Macheda
    19. Henriquez

This excludes the likes of Keane, Wooton, Lawrence and the other ~15 academy players who were released since then.

theres 14 remaining from the 12/13 squad and that includes the likes DDG, Evans, Rafael, Hernandez & Lindegaard who are expected to leave sooner or later.

Well, it would be tough to sell players Fergie didn't sign - I don't see it as comment worthy, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I've seen a lot of those 4-3-3 line ups with Schneiderlin & Basta behind Herrera but this 4-5-1 minus ADM plus Mata looks very tasty too.

wKs1qbR.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I've seen a lot of those 4-3-3 line ups with Schneiderlin & Basta behind Herrera but this 4-5-1 minus ADM plus Mata looks very tasty too.

wKs1qbR.png

I like this one too, we have so many options it will be down to opponents and how the team gels. So excited by new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Can't believe we've signed so many starting players and I still think there's 2 more to come. GK and striker next

Be great to get them all board that plane for the pre season tour.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I like this one too, we have so many options it will be down to opponents and how the team gels. So excited by new season.

Herrera to drop back when Basta tires, ADM to come on in that place, Januzaj for Depay, Fellainin for Mata. Some nice options there.

Herrera to drop back when Basta tires, ADM to come on in that place, Januzaj for Depay, Fellainin for Mata. Some nice options there.

The mentality of the team has to be so different now and even for new signings coming in.
    The likes of adm if he wasn't so happy last year the chance to play with someone like Bastian has to be a big incentive to make things work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

alot of people seem to have Mata in their team, with some sacrificing Di Maria.

surely, if both players hit their potential, Di Maria has got to be picked every time? he offers so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Have we ever had such a good (non gameweek) weekend at United? It really can't get as good as that off the field!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So much for waiting till Adidas deal kicks in!

I was day dreaming about their marketing promotion saying something like McGregor "were not here too take part, we're here too take over" and pictures of the new signings in the new Adidas gear!!

Just hope we make it through the Champions League qualifier phase now :) Should find out in 3 weeks or so who United will face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

irishfeen wrote: »
    Have we ever had such a good (non gameweek) weekend at United? It really can't get as good as that off the field!

Yea but United wouldn't do anything quickly this window.

surely, if both players hit their potential, Di Maria has got to be picked every time? he offers so much more.

I still reckon Di Maria will be sold this summer. Sellable, and I don't think LVG trusts him. I hope I am wrong though.

On your actual question though, with a better central midfield (which we have now) I think we can risk more in attack and I think the pace and ability of ADM (at his best) would be better for us.

Seemingly Ramos has been named the new Madrid captain. I would expect a new contract signed soon enough so - and no chance of United getting him.

Hope we pull the trigger on Otamendi ASAP now so.

Wonder what it will mean for DDG though - if Woodward has been insistent that Ramos has to be part of the deal it simply won't happen if things stay the same.

I still reckon DDG leaves, but wonder how it will happen, and will we get any players out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I suppose form and PL experience comes in to it, and his good looks :) I wouldn't be too upset if we sold di Maria for 75%+ for what we paid for him.... especially if it helps to solve the CB and ST slots in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Seemingly Ramos has been named the new Madrid captain. I would expect a new contract signed soon enough so - and no chance of United getting him.

Hope we pull the trigger on Otamendi ASAP now so.

Wonder what it will mean for DDG though - if Woodward has been insistent that Ramos has to be part of the deal it simply won't happen if things stay the same.

I still reckon DDG leaves, but wonder how it will happen, and will we get any players out of it.

Get Otamendi in - make DDG see out his contract and stick the 2 fingers up at Perez and Real Madrid. DDG might sign a new contract during the season, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I think if Darmian is good going forward then we should stick with Mata on the right with Herrera behind on the right of a midfield 3. Their linkup play is brilliant and Mata created so much space for Valencia last year that ultimately went to waste.

On paper our best formation would be 4-2-3-1 with ADM & Depay either side of Mata behind Rooney. That's the stuff Football Manager/FIFA dreams are made of :pac:

• Advertisement

the team is about to leave for the airport now from the training ground, so i guess we will know pretty soon if the 4 new players are onboard and if DDG, Evans, Rafael is going or not.

the team is about to leave for the airport now from the training ground, so i guess we will know pretty soon if the 4 new players are onboard and if DDG, Evans, Rafael is going or not.

Im surprised they havent been an announcement before they jet off. Or msybe they are waiting for american stock exchange to open.
    Cant wait for the united tour update tomorrow on mutv they will probably have a few training shots and stuff. Getting no work done today.

Ramos would have been great but we can forget it now.

Ed can play hardball when he wants too. Remember when Chelsea wanted Rooney and we wanted Mata? We got Mata and Chelsea were told to feck off.

I hope he does the exact same with the DDG situation. With Iker gone Madrid may have to buy now rather then wait a year and by that time instead of DDG going on a free, Madrid may already have a keeper so DDG may have no option but to sign a new contract with us.

We need to draw a line in the sand here. Barca & Madrid etc have had it too easy buying the best talent from any team they wanted. We are starting to get in the best players, we don't want to ship them out and DDG is one of the best in the world. We should be aiming to have a better first eleven than Madrid and Co. Tell Madrid to get lost Ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CJyOsnlWoAAM2c-.jpg

The piece at the bottom,Mendes instructed to get Otamendi to United.

It's the local paper for Valencia so maybe they know more than AS,Marca or Sport.

the signing of Darmian could mean a return to 3-5-2....its what Torino have been playing and he apparently is a sensational player in that formation and it would have been noticed by LVG.

gets forward alot and has excellent pace.

• Advertisement

kstand wrote: »
    Get Otamendi in - make DDG see out his contract and stick the 2 fingers up at Perez and Real Madrid. DDG might sign a new contract during the season, who knows.

This, 1 million percent, a good title push a good champions league and cup push and it will show DDG that the last 2 seasons can be forgotten about.

Preferably beating Madrid on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Im surprised they havent been an announcement before they jet off. Or msybe they are waiting for american stock exchange to open.
    Cant wait for the united tour update tomorrow on mutv they will probably have a few training shots and stuff. Getting no work done today.

flight not gone yet right? i assume they will announce them before hand as the press will likely snap them getting onto the plane. unless they sneak them on :P

kstand wrote: »

I believe the club will maintain designs on signing Bale or Ronaldo, so will need to play a more politically astute game than that, imo.

De gea on tour and midfield duo expected to fly out sometime today so might not be on the plane with the rest of squad.

I'd hope he'll be professional but how will DDG react to not being allowed to leave?

Like the rest of us he's only human, could it hurt his performances?

Not the first time Bastian has worn a United shirt.

55a394577248c_ScreenShot20150713at11.06.04.jpg

magnumbud wrote: »
    flight not gone yet right? i assume they will announce them before hand as the press will likely snap them getting onto the plane. unless they sneak them on :P

No coaches just arrived at carrington to pick them up. I thought they would use a bus stop so we could see who is going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Looking like DDG is staying - he is going on the US tour with the rest of the squad and will only be sold if Ramos is part of the deal - not likely seeing as Ramos is off down under and has been made club captain at RMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sky sources saying(sky sources is just arry rednap) that De Gea will be on the plane to preseason.

Isnt perez up for re-election at the end of this season, if so, we could use that as leveridge if we want to sell De Gea.

You know perez, another season of failure wont go down well for your re-election sort of thing.

Bust his balls Ed

i think its too late now to sell DDG, if he is on the plane to the US, i think that means he stays with us.

• Advertisement

I'd hope he'll be professional but how will DDG react to not being allowed to leave?

The thing is de gea cant afford to sulk in reserves he will want to play so he is in the spanish team for next years euros we hold all the cards he wont risk that either.

i'd imagine that if he knows no matter what he can leave the next summer i cant imagine him letting it get to him.
    i'd hope he'd act like ronaldo did and give it his best still for the last year

i think its too late now to sell DDG, if he is on the plane to the US, i think that means he stays with us.

by the time we come back from tour, the CL games will be close and the PL only 10 days away.

it would be madness to sell him at that stage.

I believe the club will maintain designs on signing Bale or Ronaldo, so will need to play a more politically astute game than that, imo.

I can't believe that people actually believe Ronaldo to united is something that could happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I think if de gea wanted out United would have no problem letting him go, it doesn't feel like he's really pushed. It's mainly the girlfriends carreer rather then his dream to play for Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Why do they need to announce it to stock markets?
    Share price is based on speculation.

Only thing they need to announce would be corporate actions like dividends and stock splits.
    The transfer news has been announced.
    I just checked Bloomberg there for the lols and company news and it has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I cannot wait for the season to start!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I can't believe that people actually believe Ronaldo to united is something that could happen :(

of course its something that could happen, dont be daft.

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    I think if de gea wanted out United would have no problem letting him go, it doesn't feel like he's really pushed. It's mainly the girlfriends carreer rather then his dream to play for Madrid.

Marca losing their minds over this,fair play to Woody for playing hardball over it.

Meanwhile in Madrid the fans are not happy with Perez and are outside the ground chanting "Iker,Iker" and "Perez out".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Could ddg have had a change of heart after seeing how insane our squad is going to be. .. #hope

Stay classy Liverpool fans: :rolleyes::rolleyes: http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/go-kill-yourself-teenage-man-united-fan-threatened-by-liverpool-supporters-who-thought-they-were-texting-raheem-sterling-31372397.html

Following Sterling's drawn out transfer saga, a mobile phone number purportedly of the player's was posted online with disgruntled fans encouraged to use it to send abusive messages.

But the number turned out to be that of a 17-year-old Manchester United fan who received over 500 calls and 3,000 messages after the number was posted online.
    The messages sent included: “You lazy c***” and “You better not be round my end soon mate or I’ll put a f****** hole in your s*** f****** quiff" while one read "kill yourself".

There was also texts of a racist nature, it is believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

magnumbud wrote: »
    i'd imagine that if he knows no matter what he can leave the next summer i cant imagine him letting it get to him.
    i'd hope he'd act like ronaldo did and give it his best still for the last year

Wasn't Ronaldo a shadow of his former self in his last Utd season?

of course its something that could happen, dont be daft.

I'll bet you 100 quid right now it won't happen this season or the next. Feel free to take the bet.

Signing Ronaldo at 33 when his contract is up in 2018 as a means of sentiment and cash injections for both might be a runner.

Wasn't Ronaldo a shadow of his former self in his last Utd season?

scored 26 goals. not as awesome as the season before but pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

by the time we come back from tour, the CL games will be close and the PL only 10 days away.

it would be madness to sell him at that stage.

This x100 - I think the only way Ed is going to sell him is on the terms suitable for Manchester United.

We are Manchester United and we will not be bullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

According to the sun Madrid have till the end of the day to sign de gea or it ain't happening and the metro claim PSG have made £49 million bid.

Why do they need to announce it to stock markets?
    Share price is based on speculation.

Only thing they need to announce would be corporate actions like dividends and stock splits.
    The transfer news has been announced.
    I just checked Bloomberg there for the lols and company news and it has it.

Im not sure if they need to but iirc wasnt fergies departure announced at same time as stock exchanged opened over in uk and there was a story then about sognings and things like that are done to coincide with stock market opening or something along them lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I don't want to be a negative nelly but I don't think David DeGea is certain to stay until the Champions League qualifier. It's best just to expect the worst and hope for the best with that one. I still think he will be gone by the start of the season.

Real Madrid are already in Australia so having DeGea sit at home doesn't make sense. He will get a good pre season with United and still can join up with his new club before the Champions League games starts. Thats the time we will know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Has our tour squad been officially named yet? Last year when he excluded Zaha, Ando & Nani but included Young it was a major sign of the futures of those players. Will he leave Evans, Rafael, Lindegaard behind?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement