Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Make my summer seeing Ed not selling De Gea to Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rvp passes medical in Turkey
    Another Gaitan rumour with Rafael going the other way
    De Gea on the plane to the US

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

jayo26 wrote: »
    Im not sure if they need to but iirc wasnt fergies departure announced at same time as stock exchanged opened over in uk and there was a story then about sognings and things like that are done to coincide with stock market opening or something along them lines.

Darmian was announced on Saturday. No stock markets open then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Would be absolutely incredible if we stayed of the wantings of Madrid and kept De Gea.

Keeping De Gea along with the business we are doing would be a real feather in the cap for Woodward, who has had questions about his ability in the transfer market.

I'd imagine CB is next to be addressed, and most likely it being Otamendi. Valencia arn't going to hold out for that buyout clause.

Personally don't believe a big name striker will come in, think it will be someone happy to play second fiddle to Rooney, which won't be a Cavani etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

you can see LVG stamp is all over this window also, taking no bull - wants players in for July 13th, gets them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

GSPfan wrote: »
    I don't want to be a negative nelly but I don't think David DeGea is certain to stay until the Champions League qualifier. It's best just to expect the worst and hope for the best with that one. I still think he will be gone by the start of the season.

Real Madrid are already in Australia so having DeGea sit at home doesn't make sense. He will get a good pre season with United and still can join up with his new club before the Champions League games starts. Thats the time we will know for sure.
    Madrid wouldnt want a CL ineligible goalkeeper. If he gets to the qualifiers he is ours for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

De Gea sale will surely be sorted sooner rather than later.

Don't be surprised to see Bale suddenly sold to United thereafter.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Would be absolutely incredible if we stayed of the wantings of Madrid and kept De Gea.

Keeping De Gea along with the business we are doing would be a real feather in the cap for Woodward, who has had questions about his ability in the transfer market.

I'd imagine CB is next to be addressed, and most likely it being Otamendi. Valencia arn't going to hold out for that buyout clause.

Personally don't believe a big name striker will come in, think it will be someone happy to play second fiddle to Rooney, which won't be a Cavani etc.

Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Corvo wrote: »
    De Gea sale will surely be sorted sooner rather than later.

Don't be surprised to see Bale suddenly sold to United thereafter.

Yeah I think we're playing hard ball for him or Benzema

anybody not on the plane today means they are leaving the club, unless injured and i dont recall any players every leaving a tour to be sold.

the otherside of that is that weve signed i think 2 players in 7 or 8 years during the tour, generally its not something that happens so im hoping that changes this year with Otamendi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Im not sure if they need to but iirc wasnt fergies departure announced at same time as stock exchanged opened over in uk and there was a story then about sognings and things like that are done to coincide with stock market opening or something along them lines.

Don't think so. Guess it was just announced when they were back in work at 8 or 9.
    The stock market dosent control how they do business.
    The stock prices are bought and sold with speculation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was Schnederlin not on tour with Southampton a few days ago?

Honestly, I wouldn't put that much weight into "if they are on the tour, they are going nowhere"; there's still 2 months left in the transfer window, and if a deal is acceptable for both sides, I don't think a flight home is going to be a major deterrent in the transfer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Has our tour squad been officially named yet? Last year when he excluded Zaha, Ando & Nani but included Young it was a major sign of the futures of those players. Will he leave Evans, Rafael, Lindegaard behind?

Doesn't have to be announced for a while yet

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was Schnederlin not on tour with Southampton a few days ago?

Honestly, I wouldn't put that much weight into "if they are on the tour, they are going nowhere"; there's still 2 months left in the transfer window, and if a deal is acceptable for both sides, I don't think a flight home is going to be a major deterrent in the transfer...

as i said repeated tours year after year shows that, in terms of United, it seems to be a case that what goes on tour, stays on tour.

of course we could break that mould this year, but as it stands our business ins and outs during pre season trips are very very rare.

anybody not on the plane today means they are leaving the club, unless injured and i dont recall any players every leaving a tour to be sold.

the otherside of that is that weve signed i think 2 players in 7 or 8 years during the tour, generally its not something that happens so im hoping that changes this year with Otamendi.

Agreed. Van Gaal wants a left footer at left CB (Rojo) and a right footer at right CB (Otamendi / Ramos). I think they will tie up Otamendi pretty quickly, especially if the rumours of Ramos staying are true.

In the striker department, going to throw a suggestion out there - Berahino.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Exciting times in here.

I'm very happy with Darmian. It'll be a pleasure to see him playing for us and, extra bonus, Valencia finally out of the team.

Even though I know he's getting old and suffering from injuries I can't help but be excited about Schweinsteiger. If he plays in DM then he can be a fantastic tool for dominating possession. And LVG is already using a formation that can help accommodate an ageing DM, ie with box-to-box CMs either side of him.

Schneiderlin is a meh signing for me. As a DM he's not as good as Carrick imo. Younger and more athletic, sure, but not as precise in his defensive positioning or passing. If he's going to play as one of the box-to-box CMs with Schweinsteiger as the DM then I'd be happier with that. I think the box-to-box CM role would get the most out his dynamism, while having both Schweinsteiger and Herrera beside him would make up for his ordinary close control.

It's a pity to see RVP leaving the league. He's still easily good enough to start for any team outside the top four, plus Arsenal, and he's better than any of the back-up strikers at Chelsea and City.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Been computerless for the weekend but considering since Friday night there has been around 100 pages added I imagine loads of gifs, I'll need to scroll back now :P

Honestly this has been the best transfer window in terms of doing business very early that I can remember in some time.

with the lads going on tour today and schneiderlin and schweinsteiger expected to be officially announced today it is brilliant.

I know a lot still say we need a new CB and FW but going into the tour with a new RB, two new CM, and a new AM/WG it's been a great window. And DDG still here (this long)

I can't wait for the new season.

all the confirmation that ye need lads :)

CJypkkDWwAAfYML.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Adamocovic checking the thread this morning
    4hscR6k.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

all the confirmation that ye need lads :)

CJypkkDWwAAfYML.jpg

Love the lads face for each and how the smile gets bigger and bigger from Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin ha It's like our reactions :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Between Di Maria, Depay, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, Fellaini and Wilson, is there a need for a striker?

Fellaini could be excellent as one of two in a 442, more than enough fire power for a convincing 3 in a 433, Rooney can play both formations and let Wilson develop as understudy.

I don't see how Benteke would be a good buy.

RVP before and after his flight to Turkey yesterday.

355103.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

At half two I expect there to be more tits here than the playboy mansion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yeah I'm not convinced a striker is coming in. Seemed like more of a headache last year for LVG trying to keep them all happy.

I think Rooney is leading the line and maybe Depay Fellaini Wilson being the other options in his absence.

Not saying its the right move but it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit - Actually I can see a winger/striker being bought in the mould of Bale or Muller but an out and out striker.... Not sure.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not convinced a striker is coming in. Seemed like more of a headache last year for LVG trying to keep them all happy.

I think Rooney is leading the line and maybe Depay Fellaini Wilson being the other options in his absence.

Not saying its the right move but it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit - Actually I can see a winger/striker being bought in the mould of Bale or Muller but an out and out striker.... Not sure.

Bar Benteke (shudders) there isn't really out and out strikers available anyway is there?

Which makes me think the Cavani rumours are true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What about Giggs saying Utd were improving the spine of the team? I can't see LVG settling for Depay as a striker. Plus, why not buy a forward to replace RVP? The Glazers are throwing money at the team. LVG would be a fool not to strike whilst the iron is hot. Keeping quality players happy is a good headache.

Corvo wrote: »
    Bar Benteke (shudders) there isn't really out and out strikers available anyway is there?

Which makes me think the Cavani rumours are true.

Because Cavani will be delighted to be a backup I'm sure.
    After Falcao I dont know if Van Gaal will take another chance on an expensive unproven striker that could be another flop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Victor Valdes is happy at Manchester United and will not be leaving the club to join Turkish club Antalyaspor, according to his agent.

Gines Carvajal, who represents Valdes, says there is no truth in the reports -- though other clubs in Turkey have shown an interest in the goalkeeper.

"His only wishes are to remain at Manchester United and he has another year left on his contract. We don't see any reason for him to leave the club.

"United are amongst the top two or three best teams in the world. Victor is keen to fight for a place next season and wants to help the club as much as he can."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Our "official" newspaper running this about a striker..

https://twitter.com/telegraaf/status/620484304183926784

Van Gaal baffles fans: ' We have enough strikers ' #manutd #depay http://t.co/hhBbERdFEd

From the article "Van Gaal therefore seems to primarily aim at Wayne Rooney and Depay front. A skinny occupation given the busy schedule , because next season again is European football. Last season Manchester United internationally idle.
    Van Gaal admits he still needs some searching with Depay . "We have to wait and see what position Memphis pays the best for the team. With that question denotes the beginning always , "said the coach"

Seems as if it will be Rooney and Depay as our strikers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I think Benteke could be a revelation in a good team like UTD's. Given what he's done in a very poor Villa side with managerial turmoil he could really exceed given the chance.

I would be excited at the prospect of signing him.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Our "official" newspaper running this about a striker..

https://twitter.com/telegraaf/status/620484304183926784

Van Gaal baffles fans: ' We have enough strikers ' #manutd #depay http://t.co/hhBbERdFEd

"Van Gaal therefore seems to primarily aim at Wayne Rooney and Depay front. A skinny occupation given the busy schedule"

Google translation from Dutch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If United are playing Hard Ball with Real then De Gea has to travel.

Fair play to De Gea for sticking with his commitment to United. It should be normal but it's not.

Ed might back himself to change Dave's mind like the Rooney to Chelsea saga.

I still think a distracted keeper is bad news if no new contract was signed, so expect a sale to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

We should just set Big Dave up with one of a) Anna Kendrick b) Kate Upton or c) Scarlett Johansson he'll forget all about Madrid and we'll have gif material for years.

DM_7 wrote: »
    If United are playing Hard Ball with Real then De Gea has to travel.

Fair play to De Gea for sticking with his commitment to United. It should be normal but it's not.

Ed might back himself to change Dave's mind like the Rooney to Chelsea saga.

I still think a distracted keeper is bad news if no new contract was signed, so expect a sale to happen.
    To be fair if LVG thinks DeGea's mind isn't right I think he is the one manager who would have no problem dropping him! .. That's one thing I wouldn't be worried about.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    We should just set Big Dave up with one of a) Anna Kendrick b) Kate Upton or c) Scarlett Johansson he'll forget all about Madrid and we'll have gif material for years.

we should get agent Rachel Riley on the scene.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

:) brilliant!

I'd love to be spit roasted by Schweinsteiger and Daley Blind.

• Advertisement

It just looks weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

we should get agent Rachel Riley on the scene.....

I requested Rachel last night and no1 obliged I really hope I'm satisfied today.

WTF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You what mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,888 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

irishfeen wrote: »
    To be fair if LVG thinks DeGea's mind isn't right I think he is the one manager who would have no problem dropping him! .. That's one thing I wouldn't be worried about.

I'd be disappointed if he was left at home, unless a deal would be imminent with RM which we are not aware of that is. It would send out the wrong message completely. He is our player, going on our tour and to be honest I don't care about his mindset one iota. He is playing a few pre season games not the world cup final. Get him out there with his team mates end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

What in the name of Fergies balls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

WTF!
    You what mate?

We voted so people like IamtheWalrus could come out and not be discriminated against.

Congrats IamtheWalrus on your coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ElChe32 wrote: »

kate upton be best... her breasts would mesmerise our dave

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement