Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ugh, going to sell them RVP and Nani and draw them in the CL only for those 2 to tear the defense a new one, calling it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Good. Hopefully we get good transfer fee.

£5 million apparently. Another big earner off the wage bill though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

£5 million apparently. Another big earner off the wage bill though.

Aside from the Ronaldo deal, we really do get mugged off with transfer fees compared to the other top 10 clubs in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

That's because we pay big wages and it's clear we don't want the player when we're selling. United enjoy almost no leverage when it comes to business out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If RVP is gone, I reckon ADM to PSG with Cavani coming to United.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Aside from the Ronaldo deal, we really do get mugged off with transfer fees compared to the other top 10 clubs in the world.

RVP ain't gonna want a pay cut and no big team is going to pay the wages without his fee being low :/ we get "mugged off" because we tend to sell players past their best or who are on the downward slide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

It's because when we sell a player he typically isn't in great demands or well past his peak. Ronaldo is the obvious exception.

If RVP is gone, I reckon ADM to PSG with Cavani coming to United.
    What a horrendous deal that would be. Cavani's thirty and will be in much the same state as van Persie quick enough. Di Maria needs to be integrated into the team a lot better next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

I know this has been asked many times, but I'll ask anyway: why are we repeatedly linked to Cavani? Di Maria <-> Cavani is certainly not a swap I'd like to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Di Maria is not going anywhere. You can quote this post at the end of the window, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Rvp has agreed terms with Fenerbahce according to a few reports.

It's in the Guardian, so I'd give it some credence.
    It is understood that Van Persie’s agent, Kees Vos, has been in Istanbul for the past two days, involved in negotiations with the Turkish club to secure a deal. The two clubs are currently negotiating a fee for the 31-year-old, who has agreed personal terms with the club and is ready to sign a four-year deal.

The Holland international’s wife initially had reservations about a move to Turkey, but warmed to the idea after spending last week in Istanbul. The Guardian understands that the former Fenerbahce winger Dirk Kuyt has been key in convincing Van Persie to make the move. The former Liverpool player spent three seasons in Istanbul winning the Super Lig, the Turkish Cup and Turkish Super Cup during his time.

Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

What a horrendous deal that would be. Cavani's thirty and will be in much the same state as van Persie quick enough. Di Maria needs to be integrated into the team a lot better next year.

Cavani turned 28 in February. Still wouldn't want him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

We need a bigger squad next season and so far the squad is shrinking.

It's a little bit worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

GSPfan wrote: »
    We'll end up signing 3 or 4 deadly players before the window closes and you will all be happy. We leave everything till injury time so transfers are no different.

And that's worked out well last 2 years hasn't it?

Why on earth would anybody be happy with last rush deals again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A few premier league clubs are interested in buying Darmian @ €20 million. Looks a good player from the limited times I have seen him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

And that's worked out well last 2 years hasn't it?

Why on earth would anybody be happy with last rush deals again?

Ah but its all grand. Our lightweight strikeforce from last year has been downsized to just Rooney. We are going for the quad. Choo ****ing choo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Liam O wrote: »
    The people expecting Nani to turn into Ronaldo when Ronaldo left or when he was first signed based purely on being Portuguese and being signed from Sporting were obviously going to be disappointed. Nobody is as good as Ronaldo except Messi and it's possible they will go down as the 2 best players ever.

I don't think anyone thought he would turn into the next Ronaldo. He never showed the potential Ronaldo did. People did expect him to push on and become a big player for us. Arguably he had one really good season and the rest were fairly decent/average.

Anderson was a huge let down though :(

adox wrote: »
    We need a bigger squad next season and so far the squad is shrinking.

It's a little bit worrying.

Its farcical.

A few premier league clubs are interested in buying Darmian @ €20 million. Looks a good player from the limited times I have seen him.
    His end product isn't great and he's played as a wingback a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Smegball wrote: »
    Nani has been a disappointment - thought he was going to really push on after Ronaldo left but unfortunately not.

Still not as disappointing as Rooney though. I know Rooney is still pretty damn good but I think if he had of had the determination Ronaldo had we would be talking about him in the same breathe as Ronaldo and Messi.

Rooney 230 goals for United and will soon be the clubs all time record goalscorer besides rarely being first choice striker.

48 goals for England and soon to be their all time top goalscorer.

Go and have a sit down because your making no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

RVP going only serves to make me more optimistic that we're going to make a big splash in the transfer market within the next month.

Thou shall not derail this train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Unearthly wrote: »
    Ugh Sean Bateman, the memories :(

He isn't as far away as you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Some guy on reddit thought he was in some RPG subreddit but instead ended up posting in /reddevils and one reply in particular is genius.

I love the bit about the 1.992 patch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah but its all grand. Our lightweight strikeforce from last year has been downsized to just Rooney. We are going for the quad. Choo ****ing choo.

Transfer Window closes at start of September not July.

Transfer Window closes at start of September not July.

Exactly. Choo choo we can wait till July 31st and see what scraps are left. Choo choo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It was quite clearly nonsense but claims about Di Maria's future won't go away. The Argentine had been getting criticism in Argentina for perceived poor performance at the Copa America but he answered those critics with two goals in his country's thrashing of Paraguay.

Since then, a relieved and much happier Di Maria has been speaking to the media and revealed Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano have brought up the idea of a Barcelona move. ESPN's Roberto Martinez has quoted the midfielder as saying, to TYC Sports, "Leo and Masche always joke with me and tell me to go with them to Barcelona but I'm good in Manchester... My first year at each European club where I've played was never good. Then I improved and finished very well. I know that I will repeat that at Man United."

Those are similar comments to what Di Maria said to Ole last week and he's either leading everyone astray or is determined to prove his critics wrong again and succeed at Manchester United.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/di-maria-says-he-s-turned-down-messi-s-barcelona-cracks-to-stay-a

Maybe about time people stop speculating about his future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

WTF is this Choo choo nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    WTF is this Choo choo nonsense.

It was the positivity train and pmasterson is using it sarcastically.

Exactly. Choo choo we can wait till July 31st and see what scraps are left. Choo choo

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So that will leave just Rooney and Wilson, with Depay being able to play striker role if needed.
    RVP was too injury prone since his excellent first season at United.
    Wilson might go on loan, and Januzaj play as striker, maybe we will see it on the tour.
    We will sign a striker and have maybe Rooney, Januzaj, Depay plus new signing who is or can play as a striker.

Whatever is happening with Ramos, I hope to God we sign Otamendi next week, at least we would be so much stronger in defense in case we don't get Ramos.

Ramos was asked how are the negotiations, he replied "I am not negotiating with anyone."
    Asked if he was staying at Madrid, and he gave no response.

It is reported in Spain his brother Rene was in talks with United about a move on the same day as Real Madrid were playing Atletico in the Champions League.

I would guess all the negotiations are over and Ramos does have personal terms agreed with United, pending a deal between the clubs.

yeah, its not a deal I want to happen. It is simply what I reckon will happen.

Ronaldo was asked about Ramos too. "Ramos to United? This is not my problem, we'll see what happens, I know nothing about that, I am focused on my goals."

He should have added 'and I need 11 of those goals'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Rumor machine to go into overdrive so for new United striker

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

I'm not a huge Hernandez fan but I think I'd be happy to keep him as back up if we sell RVP. If we're playing 433 all next year, I'd like to see Rooney leading the line, with Wilson Hernandez and some new striker as back up. Benteke would be a nice option to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

With Nani staying there wasn't a need for another winger but now there is. Also a need for at least 1 striker too. The only attacking positions that are sorted somewhat is left wing and maybe the number 10 role if Mata is moving there. A lot of work ahead now for LVG and Woodward, this Summer will define LVG's time at United, no more excuses. Maybe he's been grooming Pereira and Wilson and thinks they're ready, I don't see how that could have changed in the last couple of months though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

No way LVG is allowing all these sales without being certain of deals for replacements being 90-95% completed.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/manchester-united-issue-sergio-ramos-ultimatum-to-real-madrid-31351915.html

Jason Burt says United value De Gea as being the same price as Ramos, and have told Real Madrid they will not sell De Gea to them unless they sell Ramos to them in return.
    Ramos said to be considering going public in his bid to move to United.

United to make an improved offer next week for Schneiderlin as they would like to have him signed in time for the tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

mcratsix wrote: »
    I'm not a huge Hernandez fan but I think I'd be happy to keep him as back up if we sell RVP. If we're playing 433 all next year, I'd like to see Rooney leading the line, with Wilson Hernandez and some new striker as back up. Benteke would be a nice option to have.

I always thought Hernandez was more suited to a partnership up front than as a lone striker. I don't think he's a viable option as a back up for Rooney in the system Van Gaal plays. Funnily enough Van Persie is the type of player that could play the role very well.

I'd be astonished if Utd don't bring in another striker now, although add that to the growing number of players needed.

So, assuming we are going to sign a striker, who are the possible targets?

Cavani and Muller will be strongly linked, with stories placing ADM going the other way.

There was very brief talk of Lukaku earlier in the summer, but I don't think there was anything in it at that point.

Benteke a possible target. Big, strong, quick and a good finisher. That young fella from Lyon will probably get some mentions too.

Oh, and obviously we will be linked with both Ronaldo and Benzema, but with the way negotiations are going on with regards Ramos and De Gea, I see no chance of us going for or getting any other Real player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Realistically I think the forwards we are looking at are Benteke, Kane and Lacazette with Muller being an outside bet. I dont know much about Lacazette, Muller would be my first choice if he was getable but I think Benteke is who we will get and Id be happy with that.

I expect Schneiderlin and Ottamendi or Ramos to be signed this week. Coleman seems the most likely right now for RB now and Id imagine that will be wrapped up sharpish too. Im happy to see deals out being done as I firmly believe it means deals in are imminent and pretty much completed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/617332818369232896

When Giggs said we needed to replace the spine of the team,he really did mean from back to front.
    Feck it,let's take Benzema and Ramos from Madrid.That'll show 'em.

We might regret not being in for Bacca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'd be most happy with Benteke out of everyone Mitch named.

His injury would be a small concern however.

How long does he have left on his contract? I remember reading 2017 but that was a while back.

Keno wrote: »
    I'd be most happy with Benteke out of everyone Mitch named.

His injury would be a small concern however.

How long does he have left on his contract? I remember reading 2017 but that was a while back.
    signed a new one recently enough - has a 32million release fee though, according to reports. Can't see him going for less than that.

So, assuming we are going to sign a striker, who are the possible targets?

Cavani and Muller will be strongly linked, with stories placing ADM going the other way.

There was very brief talk of Lukaku earlier in the summer, but I don't think there was anything in it at that point.

Benteke a possible target. Big, strong, quick and a good finisher. That young fella from Lyon will probably get some mentions too.

Oh, and obviously we will be linked with both Ronaldo and Benzema, but with the way negotiations are going on with regards Ramos and De Gea, I see no chance of us going for or getting any other Real player.

I can't see ADM leaving and hope he doesn't, and certainly hope we don't swap him for Cavani. Really don't think he'd do well in England and don't rate him that highly. Would prefer taking a chance on Lacazette but that's probably unrealistic

There's a fair lack of RB's around and its a pity someone like Lukasz Pisczek (sp) isn't a bit younger. He had a bad injury a while ago too but always thought he was excellent at Dortmund.

Schneiderlin and Ramos will be signed I reckon. I think we may rely on a couple of youngsters for backup on the wings as well as Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

We've no chance of signing Benzema, Kane, or Muller imo, so that leaves Lacazette, Higuain, Cavani, and Benteke as realistic options.

I'd only really fancy Lacazette or Higuain out of that group. No doubt we will be linked to all 7 though. I see many people don't rate Higuain but I've always been a fan. Good finisher and would settle in with his Argie pals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Rooney 230 goals for United and will soon be the clubs all time record goalscorer besides rarely being first choice striker.

48 goals for England and soon to be their all time top goalscorer.

Go and have a sit down because your making no sense.

But he most certainly does not get talked about in the same breath as Ronaldo or Messi, or even anywhere close to them, which was the point of the poster you quoted.

Liam O wrote: »
    With Nani staying there wasn't a need for another winger but now there is. Also a need for at least 1 striker too. The only attacking positions that are sorted somewhat is left wing and maybe the number 10 role if Mata is moving there. A lot of work ahead now for LVG and Woodward, this Summer will define LVG's time at United, no more excuses. Maybe he's been grooming Pereira and Wilson and thinks they're ready, I don't see how that could have changed in the last couple of months though.

Because Nani was so important to the squad last year? We've already added Depay to be a new winger anyway. Wings are fine, DMC and Striker woefully ill equipped.

Januzaj will be converted into a striker, and we will have Rooney and Wilson, so that just leaves ???? for who makes up the 4 strikers that we will use.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement