Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Was away in Glasgow for the weekend...

Wasn't expecting Ed Woodward to go Super Saiyan. Still struggling to believe Bastian Schweinsteiger is a United player. And Morgan means we have gone from having one of the softest midfields in the league to having one of the strongest in two summer windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Soldie wrote: »
    No Di María or Valdes?

Or Rojo. Presume Di Maria and Rojo get more time off due to the Copa.

All bow down, we are not worthy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so disappointing to see Rafael kicked out of the club the way he has been - really rate the guy, but he clearly isn't trusted by LVG. Seemingly neither Moyes nor Philip Neville were keen on him either. Has to be a good reason for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

so disappointing to see Rafael kicked out of the club the way he has been - really rate the guy, but he clearly isn't trusted by LVG. Seemingly neither Moyes nor Philip Neville were keen on him either. Has to be a good reason for it.

We only see so much though. We have no idea wha goes on after the match or before the match apart from smiling training photos.

You kinda have to trust the people who work in the business and work with him are making an educated decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Because Cavani will be delighted to be a backup I'm sure.
    After Falcao I dont know if Van Gaal will take another chance on an expensive unproven striker that could be another flop.

Cavani can play across the front line, hence he would find more opportunities in comparison to Benteke (or another, out and out striker)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Rafael and Valdes gone asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We only see so much though. We have no idea wha goes on after the match or before the match apart from smiling training photos.

You kinda have to trust the people who work in the business and work with him are making an educated decision.

yet ferguson trusted him for 6 years?

could have had something to do with the way Fabio was treated and all went down hill from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Di Maria injured for the tour, no Rafael or Valdes, and some chap called Goss?

• Advertisement

could have had something to do with the way Fabio was treated and all went down hill from there.

Not a great argument, Ferguson got by with plenty of flawed players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Corvo wrote: »
    Cavani can play across the front line, hence he would find more opportunities in comparison to Benteke (or another, out and out striker)

Cavani playing across the front line is what ruined him at PSG. At Napoli he was the striker and focal point and looked World class, at PSG playing out wide he hasn't been the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

irishfeen wrote: »
    Schneiderlin in that video said he learned English from watching Only Fools and Horses!

What an absolute legend already ...

Rooney - "pass me the fúcking ball"
    Schneiderlin - "oh shut up you tart"

:):)

Lovely Jubbly!

center mid we got him from Exeter when he was 14.

Not a great argument, Ferguson got by with plenty of flawed players.

thats not the discussion here at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Sad to see Raf go if he's gone. I feel he wasn't really given a chance by Moyes and LVG. He's a good player, injury has really impacted him though. He also has a bad reputation for being reckless which is undeserved IMO. That red vs Bayern seems to be leapt at by his detractors. I think he matured a lot after that. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

For me, Rafael has not developed as he could have as he was a very promising prospect. Excellent going forward but very rash at times and more often in big games.

If United are planning to up their level, which seems the case, the axe was likely to fall on Rafael and Valencia on United's right side.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Yes it is, apart from the gold Chevrolet logo!

Nah, just need gold Premier League badges and it'll fit in perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There was never any real hint that it was humans running the United Twitter until now

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/620573030465544192

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

How amazing is it that we have finally signed players who will genuinely go a long way towards fixing a midfield problem we've had for nearly a decade!

We could of course get unlucky and Schweinerlin could go on to be massive disappointments but I'm seriously optimistic that our midfield will be a match for anyone's next year.

No more square pegs in round holes, no more Rooney in midfield, everybody wins!!

• Advertisement

Dat midfield tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

A little dissapointed by the squad if im honest.

Would have liked to see more players from the youth team who have never been seen in the 1st team before.

Like Willock, Harrop, Rotwell, Tunzabe, Fosu-mensah and mitchell, although none are of that lvl yet, it would have been a boost for them to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i was just thinking. last week i was getting worried about our lack of signings and now weve signed schidnerlin and swchweinteiger. just have to learn to spell their names right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

He's probably wondering when he'll be famous. Or at least see his picture in the papers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Corvo wrote: »

Cavani has been explicit both in public, and from stuff coming from PSG, that the source of his frustrations are being played out wide to Ibrahimovic.

He was very public in stating he would meet with the clubs executives to look for a move if he could not be accomodated playing centrally.

So we need to realise that while he plays wide for PSG, it is to his massive dislike, and the source reason for him looking to force a move the last two windows.

He won't come to United. He won't play second fiddle to anyone, he wants to be a main striker, and that won't happen with Rooney at the club.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    A little dissapointed by the squad if im honest.

Would have liked to see more players from the youth team who have never been seen in the 1st team before.

Like Willock, Harrop, Rotwell, Tunzabe, Fosu-mensah and mitchell, although none are of that lvl yet, it would have been a boost for them to go
    Aside from Rothwell I'd be stunned if any of the others got the call yet.

TheDoc wrote: »
    This is quickly becoming the best transfer related summer for me for as long as I can remember.

Bastian Schweinsteger in a United shirt, still not 100% sure I believe it's happened.

Last year was silk. This year is steel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

what a day, what a great summer of business.

depay
    darmian
    Schweinsteiger
    Schneiderlin

all on tour as well. really looking forward to the season ahead. ed woodward well done son.

still expect us to sign a striker/defender before the season starts. exciting times ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Eh you said Fergie trusted him... Fergie trusted alot of players!

one thing that has pleased me is that we have paid the correct value for these guys. city have over paid by about 15 million for sterling.

• Advertisement

How so? It's literally a direct response to this exchange:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Rossi IRL wrote:

Id rather see the new first team getting as many games together as possible and hit the ground running at the beginning of the season.

midfield of schneirderlin herrea and scheweinteiger is seriously good.

Aside from Rothwell I'd be stunned if any of the others got the call yet.

As i said there not of that level yet but there the brightest prospects coming through and it would have been a good boost for them to kick on, or even put themselves in the window for a loan move.

But yh happy with goss going, another center mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Part of the statement on the club website

"Two players not part of the travelling squad are Angel Di Maria and Marcos Rojo, who are currently on holiday following their Copa America exertions for Argentina"

I think we can take it then that others not mentioned are to go bye bye !!

Chic, Raf, Valdes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Good man Moose,keep loading up the train.

https://twitter.com/BroadcastMoose/status/620579355136294912

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

The best part of this is we no longer need to rely on Carrick. We have options to accommodate if he's out of the team. No more Rooney in midfield!

Id rather see the new first team getting as many games together as possible and hit the ground running at the beginning of the season.

Yh but the same 11 arnt going to be playing 90 mins every single game.

We dont need to sub on fellaini for herera after 60 mins when we know what fellaini offers, perfect chance to get to see what the youth can offer when playing alongside the 1st team players

manchester airport looks absolutely crazy at the moment, seems like its packed full of fans and photographers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    As i said there not of that level yet but there the brightest prospects coming through and it would have been a good boost for them to kick on, or even put themselves in the window for a loan move.

But yh happy with goss going, another center mid

They're a fair bit too young yet. We're still blooding the likes of Lingard and McNair from last season. I think every youngster knows that they will get their chance if they work hard enough under Van Gaal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

de gea

darmian
    jones----smalling
    shaw

carrick

Schweinsteiger herrera

di maria
    depay

rooney

valdes
    rojo
    blind
    Schneiderlin
    mata
    Young
    januzaj

WHAT A SQUAD :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Al Capwned wrote: »
    He's probably wondering when he'll be famous. Or at least see his picture in the papers....

Bro, way to throw a cat among the pigeons.

You get your coat, I'll get mine

Oh

Choooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

What about Berahino as a back up striker to Rooney. We know he wants out of West Brom, he's looked decent in the league, is a good age, plenty of room to develop and if he doesn't break into the side in 3/4 years we'd likely make our money back.

That would leave us with Rooney 1st choice, Berahino 2nd, Wilson/Fellaini 3rd

Only problem would be he might have a slight attitude problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

manchester airport looks absolutely crazy at the moment, seems like its packed full of fans and photographers.

Wonder if Ed and co. take a breather now for a bit, or ride the crest of the wave and plough on with other business.

I expected a covering DM for Carrick, as Van Gaal said himself, did not expect this. Makes me wonder what the hell else is in store.

CB looks like a certainty, but genuinely excited to see what else could be potentially in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bangkok wrote: »

de gea

darmian
    jones----smalling
    shaw

carrick

Schweinsteiger herrera

di maria
    depay

rooney

valdes
    rojo
    blind
    Schneiderlin
    mata
    Young
    januzaj

Fellaini should be there for something different...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zerks wrote: »
    Good man Moose,keep loading up the train.

https://twitter.com/BroadcastMoose/status/620579355136294912
    even pessimisstic, moaning whinger Mitch Connor would be fairly confident in stating United aren't done for the summer. I'm certain we will get at least two more in. A CB and a forward player. Not basing that on anything I've read elsewhere but simply those positions need to be filled and I am fully confident they will be within the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Schwein3.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

de gea

darmian
    jones----smalling
    shaw

carrick

Schweinsteiger herrera

di maria
    depay

rooney

valdes
    rojo
    blind
    Schneiderlin
    mata
    Young
    januzaj

Good to see we can now do fantasy XI's based on players actually at the club.

de gea

darmian
    jones----smalling
    shaw

carrick

Schweinsteiger herrera

di maria
    depay

rooney

valdes
    rojo
    blind
    Schneiderlin
    mata
    Young
    januzaj

Valdes is going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What type of players are the 2 signings? Who could they be compared to? Morgan is defensive and Basten is attacking, in the Gerard mode?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement