Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Lads I'll be driving this positivity train right to Manchester station all summer long. Hop on, hop off. I don't really care. I don't even know why I wrote this. Annnyway. Anna Kendrick is a fine thing.

CHOO ****ING CHOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    As i said there not of that level yet but there the brightest prospects coming through and it would have been a good boost for them to kick on, or even put themselves in the window for a loan move.

But yh happy with goss going, another center mid

I think only Rothwell would have had much of a claim, though I thought Gribbon might get a call - very young, but thought the club might 'treat' him on the back of signing a new contract in the summer, there was a good chance of him leaving.

The others mentioned I can see an argument for but there are probably better off doing a proper preseason and playing proper minutes for the reserve fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

RobertKK wrote: »
    Fellaini should be there for something different...

well he suspended for first 3 games of the season, so its hard to see where he fits in now with the signings we have made

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I see this guy mentioned above so went to his twitter account...

One can always dream, sometimes they do come true...

https://twitter.com/BroadcastMoose/status/620506700492226560

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm gonna have an guess here that Valdes could be injured and stayed to rehab rather than axed from the trip.

That or he is in talks with another side. :pac:

Doesn't matter all that much anyways - talks break down then he can fly out at any stage to join the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

The others mentioned I can see an argument for but there are probably better off doing a proper preseason and playing proper minutes for the reserve fixtures.

Yh the u21's pre season starts tonight, most of the lads i listed were in the u18's last season.

Be nice to se them do well in the u21's now if there promoted up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RobertKK wrote: »
    I see this guy mentioned above so went to his twitter account...

One can always dream, sometimes they do come true...

https://twitter.com/BroadcastMoose/status/620506700492226560

Having sold Kroos last summer, and Schweinsteiger this summer I can't see any way Bayern would consider selling Muller - there would be absolute war with their fans. No way Muller leaves, none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Having sold Kroos last summer, and Schweinsteiger this summer I can't see any way Bayern would consider selling Muller - there would be absolute war with their fans. No way Muller leaves, none.

Multipacks of Muller are on offer in Dunnes now,that might be the nearest we'll get to him............Unless Di Maria goes the other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yh the u21's pre season starts tonight, most of the lads i listed were in the u18's last season.

Be nice to se them do well in the u21's now if there promoted up.

Do u know if anyone has the u21 game? Mutv only showing highlights tomorrow.

• Advertisement

At. Madrid are reported to have rejected a bid for Oblak; not seen anything saying who the bid is from, but I've read we are interested in him as DDGs replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

This made me very very happy. Fantastic midfielder to have in the team. With Herrera, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger opponents won't have any time on the ball. From softest midfield to hardest midfield.

CJy5YnEUEAANy4R.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Luke Shaw looks like a 5 year old going to his first day of school!!! http://t.co/UfEXjgl1GV

Bromance and also de gea looking eager in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

ffs every time i click it, it's get fecking smaller!

Interviews with our new schmidfield duo at half 3 on mutv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Delighted to see Sam Johnstone heading off on the tour. Really hope he gets some game time.

this day 2009
    CJzMRRyWoAAAr4t.jpg

No value in the market.

Today: Depay, Schweinstieger, Schneiderlin and Darmian head off on tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Only see rumours linking him with Chelsea, but if his buyout clause has indeed been reduced to €30 million then I think Pedro would be a cracking bit of business.

• Advertisement

Take a look at @juanmata8's Tweet: https://twitter.com/juanmata8/status/620599057656979457?s=09

Thats the way to do it guys we can count on mata to feed them with positive energy.

CJzPiuTWcAAtYQU.jpg
    CJzMYNWWwAAEU1l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

What's the best way to watch the tour matches? Last year the MU website let you pay a few quid to watch the games on the site but I can't see any info for similar this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God I would of love Schweinstieger 2-3 seasons ago :(

He could still do a good job for us but bloody hell he was some player 2-3 seasons ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Shaw and Depay have really hit it off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

God damnit, I don't have MUTV :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Shaw and Depay have really hit it off!

bromance

Headshot wrote: »

He could still do a good job for us but bloody hell he was some player 2-3 seasons ago

If his world cup finals performance is anything to go by, then we don't have worry this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

zerks wrote:
    Multipacks of Muller are on offer in Dunnes now,that might be the nearest we'll get to him............Unless Di Maria goes the other way.

Muller to United, Di Maria to Dunnes?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Do u know if anyone has the u21 game? Mutv only showing highlights tomorrow.

The paddy crerand show is on mutv to tonight, i cant see it been live as its only pre season

anybody reporting yet what the craic is with Valdes?

one theory ive seen is that we will use him as negotiations with Valencia for Otamendi but that could be complete porkies.

Reece James, Nick Powell also left behind - i assume both are injured.

the team is air-bourne by the way, this is their flight if anybody is interested/bored enough to follow their progress!

http://www.flightradar24.com/GTI8905/6c9705f

• Advertisement

The paddy crerand show is on mutv to tonight, i cant see it been live as its only pre season

Yhh paddy is on live at 6 30 he must not be going on tour this year. It be funny to watch tonight to hear all the happy heads and their crap phonelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Its my birthday today...what a way to end a crazy weekend !!! Can't wait for the season to start now.

the team is air-bourne by the way, this is their flight if anybody is interested/bored enough to follow their progress!

http://www.flightradar24.com/GTI8905/6c9705f

How do you know thats the actual flight

marvsins wrote: »
    Its my birthday today...what a way to end a crazy weekend !!! Can't wait for the season to start now.

Happy Birthday

Glad MUTV is in HD these days aswell, makes the 4am viewing time abit easier on the eyes.

So what is everybodys go to snack for 4am games?

I have some toblerone and cheetos at the ready, might need to get some more

Alot of the under 21s could be better served with the actual under 21 squad it was the same last year if im correct mcnair or some of them was with the u21s it didnt stop lvg from using him.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yhh paddy is on live at 6 30 he must not be going on tour this year. It be funny to watch tonight to hear all the happy heads and their crap phonelines.

Id say hell be off at some point, pre season games wouldnt be the same without him going mad at half time at all the subs coming on.

It happens every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Headshot wrote: »

Really wished we had of landed him after South Africa when he made his midfield transformation complete, he was my player of the tournament and he is what got me into watching Bundesliga, and who led me onto eventually seeing Kroos.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about his appearances last season, he had ankle trouble that was down to a tackle he got, not like it's age catching up on him. He came back and was excellent.

Could be the steel and leadership the team has been missing. Could be a real chain reaction type signing, I certainly hope so anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Schweinstieger will add steel. can see himself carrick and schneiderlin as the MF three in tough games

py2006 wrote: »
    God damnit, I don't have MUTV :(

You didnt miss much just the usual positive interviews but one thing i noticed that the 4 new signings have all good english its nice to see even with darmian it maybe something that lvg was keen on but its nice to see concidering slencia still cant do interviews in english.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder what he's listening to? I'm guessing this....

Probably singing it to himself all morning.

What is the fixture list for pre-season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Glad MUTV is in HD these days aswell, makes the 4am viewing time abit easier on the eyes.

So what is everybodys go to snack for 4am games?

I have some toblerone and cheetos at the ready, might need to get some more

Is this amateur hour??

Cans, my friend. Start your day off the gowl way.

Is this amateur hour??

Cans, my friend. Start your day off the gowl way.

I dont drink so im ****ed that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

FIXTURES

United vs Club America, CenturyLink Field, Seattle
    Saturday 18 July, KO 04:00 BST (Local time: Friday 17 July, KO 20:00)

United vs San Jose Earthquakes, Avaya Stadium, San Jose
    Wednesday 22 July, KO 04:00 BST (Local time: Tuesday 21 July, KO 20:00)

United vs Barcelona, Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara
    Saturday 25 July, KO 21:00 BST (Local time: Saturday 25 July, KO 13:00)

United vs Paris Saint-Germain, Soldier Field, Chicago
    Thursday 30 July, KO 02:00 BST (Local time: Wednesday 29 July, KO 20:00)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Club America Saturday 18th July
    San Jose Earthquakes Wednesday 22nd July
    Barcelona Saturday 25th July
    PSG Thursday 30th July

Not sure if the San Jose game is in the international Cup Though

The Kickoff times are not kind in terms of late night viewing unfortunately

I'm going to be 16 hours ahead of the US time zone for 2 of those games and on a 23 hour trip for the 3rd 😭😭😭😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Some serious signings for ye guys, I imagine ye're pretty happy.

A RB, a perhaps a striker and a CB, and ye can really challenge on all fronts, I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Knex. wrote: »
    Some serious signings for ye guys, I imagine ye're pretty happy.

A RB and a Striker and ye can really challenge on all fronts, I would imagine.

You mean CB? We got Darmian for right back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You mean CB? We got Darmian for right back.

I had edited the post to include both CB and RB, but yeah, had forgotten about Darmian.

Even better for ye! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement