Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yhh paddy is on live at 6 30 he must not be going on tour this year. It be funny to watch tonight to hear all the happy heads and their crap phonelines.

Paddys always worth listening to for a good laugh .
    Some of the callers he gets on that show are off their rockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Just watched the interviews on MUTV.Just starting to sink in that Schweinsteiger is a United player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Valdes left behind and DDG goes on tour.It would be fantastic if United have told Real DDG aint for sale and he stays at least another season.

The fee for Schweinsteiger was £14.2m or 20m euro ,a record fee by an English club for a player over 30.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The fee for Schweinsteiger was £14.2m or 20m euro ,a record fee by an English club for a player over 30.

And yet barely a drop in our ocean...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And yet barely a drop in our ocean...

Was gonna say similar, in this market its only Penny's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

And still cheap as chips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

yabadabado wrote: »
    Valdes left behind and DDG goes on tour.It would be fantastic if United have told Real DDG aint for sale and he stays at least another season.

Or maybe they have actually come to one of those gentlemens agreements, where he signs a new contract and then we sell him next summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I can't wait to see all the utds squad cost this much compare to this club for every game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin interviews. Not that there worth watching. Usual bland shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That 2009 summer was the beginning of the collapse, we're still paying for it now and it won't be until next summer, 7 years later, that some sort of normality returns and we can just add 1 or 2 players to what we have if needed

Also Cavani has said loads of times that he pretty much hates playing wide, I can't see him coming and being second choice to Rooney. If it means Rooney playing as a 10 I don't want Cavani at all, if Cavani and Rooney are happy to share the one position then go for it but it's highly highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

It's good to see all our signings have very good English. I think Darmian might be the worst but he defo understands it and can talk a bit.

Did Anderson ever learn the language?

That 2009 summer was the beginning of the collapse, we're still paying for it now and it won't be until next summer, 7 years later, that some sort of normality returns and we can just add 1 or 2 players to what we have if needed

Also Cavani has said loads of times that he pretty much hates playing wide, I can't see him coming and being second choice to Rooney. If it means Rooney playing as a 10 I don't want Cavani at all, if Cavani and Rooney are happy to share the one position then go for it but it's highly highly unlikely.

Ya Rooney should be up top which means any striker to come in will be playing second fiddle to him. Getting rid of Welbeck was quite shortsighted. He'd be perfect as backup to Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I love a bit of salt. Thankfully we'll probably see more of it during the year.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Ya Rooney should be up top which means any striker to come in will be playing second fiddle to him. Getting rid of Welbeck was quite shortsighted. He'd be perfect as backup to Rooney.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

GSPfan wrote: »
    It's good to see all our signings have very good English. I think Darmian might be the worst but he defo understands it and can talk a bit.

Not sure if this is true but I read somewhere a while ago that Anderson had good English and he used to dumb it down (pretend) when speaking to the media as a running joke...

No.

No question to answer there but thanks for the input I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I've only ever got one player on the back of a united kit. Roy Keane. I might change that now with Schweinsteiger....god I still can't believe he's ours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

He was in a rush to reply :P

• Advertisement

Wenger on Schweinsteiger & Schneiderlin: "Two top class players, one who goes up to the top level and one who has done it all."
    Wenger: "They’ve made interesting buys. They did it by buying two important players Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin."

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/620567801661648896

CJzMMSRUkAAVX5a.png

"So then,you married?"

Looks like Chelsea have landed Pedro for 30m.

Thats a great purchase.... Next season is going to be unreal for the neutral!

Have you ever seen the matrix near the end when the agents shoot at Neo and he puts his hand up and says "no". The bullets stop in mid air and fall to the ground. Thats pretty much what I was getting at. Just a blanket statement that hopefully ends any discussion of Danny Welbeck. We've moved on. We've boarded a train and we're not looking back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Where dya hear that?

Id have a slight doubt about him physically in the EPL. That being said hes always been a hard worker and certainly covers the ground for Barca.

If they do sign him its obviously the end of Cuadrado.

Trilla wrote: »
    Thats a great purchase.... Next season is going to be unreal for the neutral!

Actually I'm just seeing an article claiming its false now, the article is goal.com so I don't know what to believe really.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Glad MUTV is in HD these days aswell, makes the 4am viewing time abit easier on the eyes.

So what is everybodys go to snack for 4am games?

I have some toblerone and cheetos at the ready, might need to get some more

I don't know about snacks, maybe some ice cream, but before any of that, lots and lots of coffee..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Paddys always worth listening to for a good laugh .
    Some of the callers he gets on that show are off their rockers.

Always The same ones poor jock from Wigan and little dear Edna drolling over paddy haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

there is absolutely no excuse for not competing for the title with those purchases.

LVG has everything he could reasonably ask for already from one transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

SlickRic wrote: »
    there is absolutely no excuse for not competing for the title with those purchases.

LVG has everything he could reasonably ask for already from one transfer window.

Winning a title is a procesh...

We are in that proceshhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SlickRic wrote: »

still need a top CB, and we'd currently be very reliant on Rooney staying fit all season.

• Advertisement

Sky news showing this pic saying Herrera is Darmian, they've done it twice now #Hesnotassexy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

In the four seasons following that 2009 summer United won the league twice, came second twice by a total of one point deficit and reached a CL final. Describing that summer as the beginning of a collapse is ridiculous.

The reason we've had to have two consecutive crazy summers in terms of incoming transfers is because we've changed managers twice in two seasons and both managers made a mess of building their new teams (possibly, but not likely, because of interference from the business men).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pro. F wrote: »
    In the four seasons following that 2009 summer United won the league twice, came second twice by a total of one point deficit and reached a CL final. Describing that summer as the beginning of a collapse is ridiculous.

The reason we've had to have two consecutive crazy summers in terms of incoming transfers is because we've changed managers twice in two seasons and both managers made a mess of building their new teams.

Disagree with you - the squad quality started to decline following the Ronaldo sale - and the titles and CL final just papered over the cracks. We beat Shalke in the semi to reach that Final, we were blessed with that draw. We've need, and not got, players in key positions near every summer. This summer is the first one that looks to be leaving no issues in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Big Mac
    Pizza
    Nandos
    Chicken Curry

À few words he knew fairly well....

Pro. F wrote: »

The reason we've had to have two consecutive crazy summers in terms of incoming transfers is because we've changed managers twice in two seasons and both managers made a mess of building their new teams.

While I agree with 90% of that, I still can't help but think that if RVP got injured or didn't the ground running as well as he did in his first season, we would have struggled big time. He covered the cracks that were there for 5 years now and really pealed off in 13-14 season

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

dahat wrote: »
    Big Mac
    Pizza
    Nandos
    Chicken Curry

you forgot donuts

dahat wrote: »
    Big Mac
    Pizza
    Nandos
    Chicken Curry

and "fúck fúck"

http://republikofmanc.proboards.com/thread/2320

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Are we surprised that Powell ain't included? He hasn't really progressed like was hoped..

zorro2566 wrote: »
    CJzMMSRUkAAVX5a.png

"So then,you married?"

The future Mrs Schweinsteiger

She is Giggys type allright

Ana_Ivanovi%C4%87_2010,_Stuttgart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

yeah she has a pulse :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Ana_Ivanovi%C4%87_2010,_Stuttgart.jpg

Who wouldnt tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Ramos named Madrid captain eh?, anyone else feel like we were manipulated a little? oh Sergio, you slippery eel you:cool:
    tumblr_mtgl1h0rMM1sfyszho1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

So, realistically speaking, who is going to be our next signing? (if any??)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

RobertKK wrote: »
    I don't know about snacks, maybe some ice cream, but before any of that, lots and lots of coffee..

So many options there, theres ben and jerrys or a nice magnum.

Feck it, both are now on the shopping list.

Ed has his list and i have mine.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement